M.Y. China - SF
845 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mychinasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 580-3001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Lunch: Sat-Sun 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Bar Menu: weekdays 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner: Sun-Th 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 3:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - SF
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.Y. China - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (137)good for groups (109)great for lunch (75)special occasion (75)hot spot (58)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Cant pick my favorite mealFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have to say I really enjoy M.Y. China, simply because I am still working my way through the menu and I haven't found my favorite. This time I had the steam pork bao, very tasty. Then crispy noodles with chicken. The flavors were great and the noodles soften in the sauce. The texture was great and it made me want more. I will come back and find something new to try, until then I will gleefully agonize over the menu trying to figure out which meal is my favorite.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestFoodRadsDined on 8/4/2014Have been Martin Yan fans for years enjoyed PBS shows and have most of his books. Expected to be blown away by his restaurant instead we were served a dose of mediocrity for a high end price. Located in a mall restaurant is noisy and many tables overlook the shopping traffic. Service was slow. Lobster with scissor cut noodles, served in a tomato base, and while the lobster was well cooked the base was more like Italian marinara then Asian. Sichuan Green Beans no heat. The lobster dish had lots of green beans perhaps the server should have let us known. OUT OF DUCK! so we ordered Crispy Roast Chicken dry and tasteless even with the plum seasoning, Soy chicken at local Asian market beats this hands down.
- BmfaspenDined on 8/3/2014food was great , along with service. the duck was amazing and the noodles were a great share to the entrees. service was great and atmosphere was perfect for spending time with friends and being able to have conversations. The MY China breeze and the mai tais added to the fun as well!! can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:
- JRJRVIPDined on 8/2/2014A good option if you're in the mall or before a movie, but beware the slow kitchen when they are busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious noodlesEater07Dined on 8/2/2014The menu is diverse but not overwhelming. I wouldn't call this authentic Chinese, but an authentic interpretation of someone who knows the cuisine. So fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved our meals -Chinese regional lobster pot and peking duck! The owner, Martin Yan, actually came to our table several times. He visited many of the patrons talking about his views on food and cooking - what a surprise!
- Yan CAN cook!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful - fresh, crispy, hot, sweet, salty, savory...everything you wanted each dish to be. The spinach potstickers with seafood were SOOOO good, and the green beans were fabulous. Also, the stir fried beef was brought to another level with its crunch and great flavor. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE MY CHINA!FoodEVIPDined on 7/31/2014Bar, décor, food was all great. Favorite was the Mu Shu Pork tacos, definitely a must try. Peking duck was delicious as well! Standout, Craig, General Manager gave us the best service we ever had and treated us like VIPs for my sister's birthday. Definitely will be coming back to try their dim sum and other items.Special Features:
- best chineseBuddyrockyDined on 7/31/2014Awesome peking duck! Chairman's Mao chicken is a must trySpecial Features:
- The following 626 reviews are from the M.Y. China - SF reviews archive.
- Extensive MenuJohnVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had a weekend lunch here. They have various dim sum items to order (not the passing cart) and they arrive piping hot. They also have a great variety of noodle dishes and wok specialities. We really enjoyed the food, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!TiaritchVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our second visit, this time with friends, and they too are converts. If you love lobster, this is the place. Only frustration, I couldn't order every lobster dish on the menu. We got the clay pot lobster which we had had before and it didn't disappoint, but they had a separate menu of lobster specialties which would have loved to try. We have tried a lot of Chinese restaurants in SF and you just wouldn't expect the very best to be in a shopping center!Special Features:
- Good foods, service OK, very noisy!tq525VIPDined on 7/25/2014Last minute reservation after a long afternoon of shopping. Located under the dome in SF shopping mall, very convenient. The Peking Duck dish was excellent. Service is a bit slow. Inside seating is much noisier than outside. The host was not helpful when asked to be reseated to a less noisy section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmospherehappybadgerDined on 7/23/2014We had a large dinner with my wife's family and my family both visiting us. The food was excellent, the waitstaff was very accommodating for such a large group. We had some special requests they fulfilled and everyone had a great time. The food was excellent, especially the lobster, and we found something for everyone to enjoy. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedteesterDined on 7/23/2014Although we understand that MY China justifies its cuisine by using the "best" ingredients, we were very disappointed as it lacked originality, authenticity and quality. The wait staff was not fully versed about Chinese cooking and the manager was defending a dish that was absolutely inedible by advising us that it was indeed the proper and intentional preparation. We are foodies from Hong Kong so her defense was pretty offensive. It'll be a while before we return.Special Features:
- A special - and tasty - respite...SardiniDined on 7/22/2014Beef noodle soup had one of the best broths I have ever tasted. Service was exceptional. Manager stepped up too, when the wine I ordered was not available, offering me tastes of comparable reds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For fun!oakiedokieDined on 7/21/2014M.Y. China was a great venue for a birthday because the wait staff was amazing! The food was very attractively served but most of it was fairly bland. But, if you can believe it, I'd go back just because our waiter, Kevin, and the rest were so fabulous! Nice looking restaurant too. Although the noodle show was over by lunch (and we were having dinner), one of their noodle twisters actually came to our table and did a demo! Really, I can't say how much we enjoyed the staff. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pulling noodlesMimosanVIPDined on 7/21/2014Craig the manager sent the noodle puller to our table.what fun. Our waitress Genisis was brand new and so friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014fantastic place check it out, bbq pork, crab, and the desserts are to die for. mix of traditional chinese dishes with a more american take on some. either way, this is a great fit for anyone. fantastic staff and delicious drinksSpecial Features:
- Good family spotMarvinDined on 7/20/2014WE went with a party of six including a seven year old child. The service was very attentive, and the food was very good. Don't miss the outstanding duck! Unfortunately didn't get to see the noodle twirling which we have enjoyed in the past. Food was brought out in stages which allowed us to enjoy sharing the various dishes order. Well worth the visit!Special Features:
- MY China going southReenVIPDined on 7/20/2014I'm disappointed to say that this restaurant has really gone downhill since the last time I dined here a year ago. The service was terrible, half our entrees came out cold (including the won ton soup!), and the food was served haphazardly. We were right next to the kitchen so we could see when our food was done, and the waiter was not prompt about delivering our food to us. He didn't even give us our rice until halfway through our main dishes! Most waiters at Chinese restaurants would partially serve the soup or rice on our plates-- nope- he just placed the dishes wherever there was space, including almost knocking my water glass over. Never asked us how we were doing, or followed up with us on anything. Food was ok, but sporadic at best.
- M.Y. China, b-day experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Our server was accommodating and friendly. The decor was great. This food was a bit over priced but I expected that from the location we were at being in a mall. Surprising authentic taste but the display of making of the noodles and presentation of the food was great.Special Features:
- great foodawesomeDined on 7/16/2014always solid food. wish they had dim sum all day. the noodles are legitSpecial Features:
- A beautiful experience!SFStandDined on 7/16/2014I've enjoyed every meal at MY China. I love going there before a movie or show. The food keeps getting better and I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 7/13/2014UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!! Meets Chinese Food I Have Ever Eaten. Martin your the BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my type of ChinesejdufrancoDined on 7/12/2014They deserve credit for trying. The reader should know that the service is incredible, the ambience is fantastic, and it's quite obvious that they do put care into each dish. However, I just didn't care for the flavor or styles all that much. The Kung Pao chicken was very white washed (i.e., bland), and was prepared in a way I've never had before, and I just didn't care for it.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicePennyDined on 7/12/2014I have been here before and yet my experience at my last visit was just as exciting as the first. The Walnut/Shrimp dish never disappoints or the Mu Shu Pork Tacos; but the best part is the show and interaction with the chefs at the noodle bar. Watching foot-high spun sugar, birds nest looking dessert masterpieces being assembled and of course, the complex creation of the various noodles is fascinating.The main Chef twisted, looped, lassoed and threw the noodle dough to the music "Gangnam Style" while dancing. The hostess found out it was my birthday, so out came a complimentary French donut ball dessert (not the right name) with scrumptious dipping sauces. Don't sit at a boring table, sit at the noodle bar and enjoy a full experience.Special Features:
- Service not on Par w/PricesErikaVIPDined on 7/11/2014I've been a big fan of M.Y. China and recommended it to a number of locals and visitors alike. I've enjoyed their hand-pulled noodles and cocktails on many visits. But the past two visits have been subpar from a service (or lack thereof) and ambiance standpoint. At this price point, you expect to have some assistance with your soup instead of ladling it out yourself, and shouldn't receive your noodle dish 40 min into the meal, 10 minutes after prior dish.
- BiscuitDined on 7/10/2014Our first experience with the restaurant. Food was good. Noodles are very good. Limited selection if you do not want spicy food.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014I recently visited My China for dinner with an old work friend. We had the juicy dumplings, which were outstanding. My friend commented that they were similar to the ones she loves from Shanghai. We also tried out the Lobster menu, which may only be a special for the month of July. We had the garlic lobster and it was heavenly. The lobster was cooked perfectly and the garlic did not overpower the delicate flavor of lobster. My only negative was the service. Our waitress didn't hear us when we asked for things, and rather than re-asking us, she just ignored the request.Special Features:
- Great for Small Group.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2014While busy for a weeknight, the ambiance was festive and vibrant without being over the top. Food and drinks were very good. Enjoyed the "Gangnam Style" noodle show. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCarolVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had such a wonderful time. Plus the dome show is a lot of fun. WE had the Seafood dumplings which came with an amazing sauce. Then we had the mu-shu pork tacos they were so good we consider ordering more. The salt and pepper calamari was good too.Special Features:
- Yan Can Cook?BostongirlVIPDined on 7/3/2014The meal here started off rather strangely. Ordered the juicy dumplings which containes 6 (3 pork, 3 crab roe). We wanted all 6 to be pork. That was a decision that had to be made by the kitchen, not the waitress. Really? Wild Boar Noodles were very good. The Kung Pao chicken was not. Chicken was overcooked and dry and there was no sauce. When we told the waitress, she said she'd let the kitchen know. No taking it off our bill, no offering a different entree. That was $15 down the drain. I so wanted this to be a perfect experience but sadly it was not.
- Great ChoicefooddivaDined on 7/3/2014Good variety of dishes and wines with reasonable pricing. Some unusual ingredients such as wild boar appear in several dishes. Definitely a go-to place in the downtown area with parking on-site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martin Yan's ChinaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014The Chinese food here is amazing! The stir fry wok technique is among the best I've seen and taste in the City!Special Features:
- Creative Chinese Fusion foodPalmtenorDined on 6/28/2014Dishes are carefully designed to mix Chinese cuisine and modern cooking technique. Not only it's creative, but also it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food remains goodBzerkeleyVIPDined on 6/25/2014For the most part the food here still shines but the wait staff and service is tarnished. We were there for dinner early on a Wednesday. The waitperson did not seem to be well trained. 1) we waited a long time for our drinks and bar was not that busy 2) pacing of the dishes arriving at our table was erratic 3) took forever to get our dessert 4) had to ask for our check two times
- Not your usual ChineseSgtMjrDined on 6/24/2014This is a nicer eating establishment in the huge shopping center and very welcome. Of course it is also available to nearby hotels such as the Four Seasons. There was entertainment provided by the Shanghai noodles pullers which was fun, and the noodles are also good, with a chewy texture different from pasta or other Asian noodles. We had the noodles with the wild boar. The Sichwan green beans were good; never have a problem getting Chinese children to eat their vegetables! The roast chicken ( usually know as twice cooked chicken in other Chinese restaurants) was a little dry but the waiter promised to report that to the kitchen staff. A lively cheerful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food mostlyfoodieCriticDined on 6/21/2014The food is pretty good. We like the Beef Soup Noodle and Xiao Long Bao. It could be the best Chinese food you can find in the area but it is pretty pricey. Average appetizers are $10 & entrees are $15+. Typically these dishes would be $5-10 in authentic Chinese restaurants. If you are looking for good food with great ambience, this is a great choice. Usually the service is pretty good, but this time it took more than 5 minutes before the server came to greet us. When we ordered our dishes, he said he would bring me some lemons to go with my water and that he would have our veggie plate come last. Guess what? There was no lemon and the veggie plate actually was the first dish arrived! Don't pretend to be attentive when you are not.Special Features:
- A great mealJeeKayDined on 6/20/2014We had a great meal here. The service was brusque but amenable. the dishes are not the usual variety of Chinese food (i.e. they have some dishes that are specific to certain regions of China. Noodles star here. We tried the hand-snipped noodles which were nice and 'chewy' although the Wild boar seemed more like pork. The lamb with cumin was also great with a nice 'spicy' after bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodofrthoughtDined on 6/20/2014loved the noodle experience. Dessert is excellent. Great seafood. especially crab. Definitely will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.