M.Y. China - Graton Resort & Casino
630 Park Court
Graton Resort & Casino
Rohnert Park, CA 94928Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - Graton Resort & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tastemychina.com/
- Phone: 7077031955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-2:45pm
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 3:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - Graton Resort & Casino
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the Graton Resort & Casino in Rohnert Park. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.Y. China - Graton Resort & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Bang Bang wings too sweet. Char siu bao too sweet. Cocktails had little alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EighttensEighttensDined on 8/9/2014I hoped for much more then I got, the food was decent nothing to get really excited about, the service could have been ten times better management really need to step up there game when it comes to customer service. when we ordered dessert two at the same time they came out five minutes apart and the one that was late was the ice cream sundae after the panna cotta go figure.
- Delicious, but too speedyDinn3rDined on 8/8/2014Our server was knowledgeable about the food. When we explained to the server that we wanted several different courses and we did not want the food to come all at once, the opposite was the reality. Everything arrived nearly simultaneously.The quality and freshness of the ingredients, along with the open kitchen would bring us back. It's fun to sit at the noodle or wok bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time, great foodNorthBay430Dined on 8/2/2014My group had a great time. Everyone loved the food and the staff provided excellent service. The menu has a great selection to choose from and I will have to come back again to try some other items we didn't order.Special Features:
- Vibrant and Delicious!TastyHugDined on 8/2/2014Went to M.Y. China for the first time and will definitely be back. We tried quite a few dishes and while we liked them all, they're were a few shining stars. Hot and Sour Soup - spicier than average. Good but not great. Will try WonTon Soup next time. Bang Bang Boneless Chicken Wings - awesome! Nice balance between sweet and spicy. Sizhuan Green Beans - another good but not great. Will likely not order again. Scissor Cut Wild Boar Noodles - amazing! The hand cut noodles are hearty and delicious. The wild boar is tender and mild. Great dish! Wok Seared Beef - really good. Thin slices of tender beef with a bed of spicy arugula. We sat upstairs which I'd recommend for dinner. I'd like to try happy hour at the bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casino?kkeeVIPDined on 7/26/2014If you can stand going into a smoky casino then you might think its worth it. I cant stomach the smoke and most of the humanity found in casinos, but the food was quite good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our server made the experience very pleasant. She was outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FORGOT HALF THE ORDERYEOLEDined on 7/4/2014Looked very nice. a little slow on taking our order. We ordered six items, three came. we waited and waited the rest of the meal never came. The server was not very attentive. when he came back and presented the check for six items I asked where the rest of the food was he said he forgot it. But would ask the manager if he could take the missing items off the bill. Overall the food was good, every thing else not so. THEY NEED TO GET ORGANIZED SOME HOW.
- Great food....terrible servicelove2eatDined on 6/25/2014I won't go back anytime soon....the service was terrible. Took 20 minutes just to get water then another 20 minutes to get our cocktails which were $15.00 each and small. The food was really good and the portions were decent size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Job Martin YanMickieDined on 6/15/2014Had a great dinner at M.Y. China last week. Fabulous potstickers, made with whole wheat wrappers, were light and very flavorful. The Sweet and Sour Pork was very crispy and the sauce not overly sweet. My favorite was the Hong Kong Chow Mein with the skinny noodles that were pan fried with Chicken and veggies over the top in a fabulous sauce! I would definitely go here again!!!!!Special Features:
- 1ST TIME WAS A CHARMQTpa2TDined on 6/11/2014But, this was my second time. We had ordered too much because we were expecting very small portions. Instead they were normal sized for a Chinese restaurant. However, we were not expecting a normal Chinese because of the first visit. On this first visit there was a $38 and $68 pris fixe menu which was DIVINE. (Please bring this back; that's why we came for a second visit) OK, this second meal was also very good; every plate was special with nuances not found in other Chinese restaurants. And I will be back, but not as often unless you write me to tell that the pris fixe menu is back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chinese FareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014Good for special occasion dining! We enjoy ordering the Peking Duck, and it's nice that they have 1/2 and whole duck options. Unusual combinations using Boar and Venison instead of routine chicken and beef. Dim Sum offerings are also very nice. Beautiful presentations for all dishes. We like that they have small round tables, better for sharing food and conversation.Special Features:
- FantasticKimmersDined on 5/31/2014We ordered several items to share. I have to say that the boneless chicken on the sticks will be ordered every time I go back... Absolutely loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor AboundsTinktheTasterDined on 5/30/2014Serene with cultural centric feel! So many food options. Server, Alex, was fantastic, very knowledgeable, excellent suggestions, excellent service...my water glass- never empty ; ) Wild boar tacos...amazing! Beef hand pulled noodles -perfectly cooked, plus MYC known for hand-made noodles! Chef Wu is world champ noodle puller! Chairman Mao's Chicken -delicious with just the right amount of heat/spice for everyone; Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp- best I have ever had...the right amount of sauce (not drowned in it), plus being a big fan of wasabi, it was perfect with the cucumber addition to the dish! We had a special - Eggplant clay pot & egg scallop fried rice- excellent compliments. Save room...Sugar Egg Puffs...so light & a perfect ending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014I can't believe Martin Yan puts his name on this place, the food is embarassingly bad. Peking Duck didn't have the fat rendered and the skin was mushy. Noodles were bathed in sesame oil with little other taste. Out of 5 items ordered, the kitchen and/or server got 2 of them wrong. They were "out" of 2 wines on the wine list. Not good, not cheap, not ever going again.
- Great for lunchTheOldChiefDined on 5/12/2014Wanted to find a nice place to take my Granddaughter out for lunch. Food was served family style and was nicely presented. Service was great and not bothersome. Would recommend to anyone and will go back for more.Special Features:
- Casino eaterywhatruw8ing4Dined on 5/7/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious our dishes were at M.Y. China, and we ordered more than a few of them! Located within the Graton Casino, truly we lowered our expectations because we figured the focus is on gambling. Well, the Dan Dan Noodles, honey walnut shrimp and Chairman Mao's Crispy Chicken simply disappeared, down the hatch, from our tabletop! The ribs and other roasted items were succulent, flavorful and just as appealing. We had so little to take home, I was disappointed! Don't miss spinning the prayer wheels on your out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the M.Y. China - Graton Resort & Casino reviews archive.
- Love M.Y. ChinaBabsie99Dined on 4/14/2014Get the donuts!!!!! And the Mushu pork tacos - yum!!Special Features:
- Not as good as the first timespecialtreatDined on 4/12/2014Sadly, the food was not stellar this time. We ordered a simple Kung Pao chicken dish, the chicken was tough. The scallop rice is amazing, however. The service is always great here. I need to point out that my duck was tough the last time we ate there too. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Authentic Chinese fooddvnoneVIPDined on 4/7/2014Have to say the food was very tasty & pretty authentic. I had an appetizer of chicken feet that my husband wanted no part of. I was unsure if I would like it, but wanted to try it. It was really, really good. There isn't much meat but the sauce was quite tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Hidden Gem!specialtreatDined on 4/5/2014If you don't mind walking through a smoky casino to arrive at your dining destination, then this Asian restaurant is an amazing find! The food is inventive, delicious, and prepared before your eyes behind the squeaky clean glass wall that separates you from the chefs. We have returned several times because the food is some of the best Asian inspired cuisine in the North Bay Area! We give this restaurant a big 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Mom's ChineseravenridgeDined on 3/30/2014The server was efficient as well as friendly; the food came promptly and was hot and the cocktails were all yummy. We tried about 4 different choices among us. The walnut prawns were incredible, the soup-filled noodles were quite flavorful and the boar with hand cut noodles was great. Even the green beans for quite well done. And of course, the egg puffs were as light as clouds. We also enjoyed the chef dancing at one point as he made the noodles. Watching this done all evening was quite entertaining. The environment was quiet and lovely and the space for all of the dishes was more than adequate. The management was gracious, warm and generous. We'll go again. We came only for the food and we were not disappointed. All 6 of us were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodhulamomDined on 3/29/2014We really liked the food. We shared four dishes and had a lot of left overs for the next night. Nice atmosphere and there was no trace of the smell of ciggarette smoke from the casino. it was a bit breezy at our table. maybe that was to keep the smoke out. The prices are a little high for a casino. We are used to a Buffett at the casinos, but it was nice to try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the restaurant butBillDined on 3/29/2014And we've been there before and ordered the pork tacos - which were delicious about a month ago. This past saturday night we ordered them and they were 50% grizzle and were just not edible. The waitress removed them from our bill so that was good - the rest of the food was great. The wheels just came off the wagon with the pork tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEEN THERE - DONE THAT !!!FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 3/14/2014We've been wanting to see what close to a billion dollars (cost of the casino - no hotel) will get you in Rohnert Park. We decided to meet a group of friends for dinner at Martin Yan's - M.Y. China, that also wanted to see the facility. We had to walk through the HEAVY SMOKE FILLED casino (not fun) back to the far corner, where the restaurant is located. They obviously lay out the casino this way, hoping you'll gamble (coming or going or both) The walk reminded me of the bar scene in the movie Star Wars. Some items ordered were the Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp ($22) Peking Roast Duck with green onions, cucumber, hoisin sauce and house made buns ($20 or $38 for the full order) The meal was OK and fun with a group, but we will NOT be back !!!
- Ambience in spite of Casino settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014Went for lunch during Sonoma Restaurant week. Wait staff unaware of Sonoma Restaurant week menu but got it straightened out with manager. After all that we opted too order from regular menu. Had a sumptuous lunch for $60 including a very nice dim sum sampler, a shrimp salad (very fresh) two side dishes and a pot of tea. Bok choi was excellent. Started out as quiet lunch but got a bit raucous when two tables of Bacarat players were seated at a single table behind us. We went on a Monday around noon. Not sure what this would be like on a weekend evening? Although we don't gamble we will probably go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is the 2nd time hereKeithHVIPDined on 3/9/2014this is the 2nd time here and we are stunned that a casino, in California, could be this good. Keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my mom's brithdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Celebrated my mom's brithday here and it was great! interesting menu items, good service, and a chance for my daighter to see them making the noodles. As a person who lives in Sonoma County and eats out on regular basis, I did not find the food any more expensive then other medium range restuarants. It was a good experience and I am sure we will be going back!Special Features:
- MY ChinaOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/5/2014Sweet and sour soup was very good. The chef's choice dim sum was okay, the har gaw (shrimp dumpling) was excellent but the rest of the offerings were overly sweet as was the 'hot sauce' (we had to ask for soy sauce). The pea shoots were lovely. I was disappointed with the dan dan noodles. The other noodles dishes were the thick hand made noodles which I was looking forward to but the dan dan noodles were made with vermicelli and pork sauce was almost non-existence. The wine list was good and I liked one can order a glass of wine from the entire offerings.Special Features:
- A different take on Chinese foodLyssDined on 3/2/2014Dinner at MY China was a pleasant experience. While the menu items looked much like the typical Chinese restaurant fare, the food itself was different in a good way. Everything was served fresh. The real supplies was the egg puff dessert the lady at the next table shared with us-large puffs of air surrounded by a light pastry with the taste of egg custard but without the heavy custard. I'd go back just for them. Wine and beer list limited but has something for most tastes. Summed up the food held surprises and was good, room well appointed and not too noisy despite bing in a casino. Service was attentive. Price was higher than most Chinese restaurants but this isn't your typical Chinese restaurant. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience was made completejgossDined on 3/1/2014Our experience was made complete by our server Arie. She guided us toward excellent choices. Big delay with our dessert and they comped it w/o being asked so that's fair. It was a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fit for Graton CasinohungrybertDined on 3/1/2014From the moment my guest and I were greeted at the entrance to MY China until the moment we left, we felt as though we were the center of the restaurant. Our server, Kendall, greeted us promptly and introduced herself. Kendall was very attentive to us and as well as to her other guests. Kendall rarely stopped moving throughout our stay and added to our food experience greatly. All of the dishes were unlike any other I have had in any restaurant. The venison, in the noodle dish, was tender, juicy and extremely tasty. The greens, papaya and shrimp salad had an excellent choice of greens. My personal favorite was the hot and sour soup, which has become my all-time favorite Chinese soup. A bit more spicy than most, but extremely flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good FoodJay64VIPDined on 3/1/2014Considering the location, inside a casino, this may not be where some folks would go. However, the food is pretty good and the service is great. If you go to the casino, consider eating here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress Ary was fabulousSusanVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our waitress Ary was fabulous and the manager Daniel was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Casino it's goodEpicurianDined on 2/19/2014The food was very good, except for the fact that it wasn't really warm. The taste, presentation and quality were good, but it wasn't piping hot. The room is very nice, the service pleasant and the menu diverse enough to fit your appetite. I would have rated it a lot higher if the food was warmer. The casino itself was as good as one of those establishments can be. Good ventilation system so there was no discernible smoke in the air.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014First visit the honey walnut shrimp were fantastic - very succulent, cooked just right. Same dish second time way overcooked and tough. Seafood dumpling were good but served lukewarm.
- DisappointedMauiGirlsVIPDined on 2/15/2014My friend and I came here.cause e were just checking out the new casino. We were fortunate enough to have reservations. My friend tried to ordee calamari but was unable to cause they ran out. Then she tried to order chow fun and ran out. This was Valentines weekend and a week or two after Chinese New Year. How could they run out of these staple appetizers? From there, I just wanted to leave and go to the food court. We ended up.ordering and the food was ok. I would not recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- Best dumplings Ever!! CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Best dumplings Ever!! Crab is also delicious.. Best part of dinner was the dessert.. Egg puffs a Must Have!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This is the second time we have come to MY China. The first was for our anniversary and we had a wonderful meal. We brought our friends here for his birthday which was also valentine's day. I put this in our reservation. The meal was brought out in a timely manner, drinks were a little slow but the bar was very busy. The waitress was very attentive but when she got a little busy, there was always someone there to check in and help out. The food was delicious and our friends had a wonderful time too. At the end of our meal, they brought a dessert to our table on the house, which was wonderful! Thank you for a memorable event. The restaurant was clean and well run. A must see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRisacDined on 2/14/2014I'd like to come back to this place again. The food was good, but it wasn't as amazing as I wanted it to be. The egg white puffs dessert was definitely the best thing we had. Beware the kung pao chicken is fried - got that over another dish because the other was fried and did not expect it. It was still very good, but not what I was expecting or what I really wanted. Also, people from the back would bring out food as it was ready - the problem is we got our dishes and had to wait about another 10 minutes for rice - it was not that big of a deal, but sort of annoying. Our actual waiter was probably one of the best I'd ever had. He hit that point between friendly but not intrusive perfectly. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.