1330 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/washington
- Phone: 202 787 6006x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30 AM - 11 AM
Brunch (Saturdays and Sundays only): 11:45 AM - 4 PM
Lunch: 11:30 AM - 4 PM
Dinner: Nightly 5:30 PM - 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please inquire at the restaurant for all large party and special event information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Muze
Using the finest local produce combined with the distinctive flavors of South-East Asia, Muze offers a tantalizing menu of international dishes with a delicious Asian feel. Offering the ease of all-day dining, combined with a relaxed atmosphere and waterside views, Muze’s menu has been developed under the direction of Executive Chef Didier Pouzier and our talented new Chef de Cuisine Mark McDonnell. Featuring dishes such as Confit Lamb Shoulder & Soy Roasted Sunchoke, Black Bean Veal Cheek & Heirloom Carrot and Tempura Blue Prawns, the diverse menu showcases cuisine that reflects our ‘East West Kitchen’ concept, complemented by universal dishes that everyone will recognize and enjoy.Continued
In addition, we offer a selection of hand-crafted cocktails and a comprehensive wine list to enhance your dining experience.
In addition, we offer a selection of hand-crafted cocktails and a comprehensive wine list to enhance your dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Muze reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (20)special occasion (15)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food, service & viewdatenightgroupieDined on 8/22/2014My husband went to Mize on a Friday evening after work. It was a romantic setting with a nice view of the Potomac. The service was exceptional and the food was very good!Special Features:
- Exquisite!MusttryDined on 8/8/2014Food, service, and outdoor seating make for a very satisfied customer. I'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where everybody knows your namediningmomentsDined on 7/31/2014The service can not be outdone. The staff is quite attentive and yes they remember if you've everdined with them before. The food is quite good and the view of the Potomac quite nice. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceHungry1Dined on 7/28/2014Muze is the Mandarin's second restaurant (CityZen being one of the best in DC), and it is more casual. I will say, however, that I cannot imagine better food or service, and I have been to most of the best restaurants in DC (except CityZen). Our waitress was extraordinarily attentive and pleasant. I've rarely enjoyed that level of service. Between the members of our family, we ordered a wide variety of entrees and appetizers, and everything was so good that it was one of those "oh, you need to taste this" meals. It was my wife's birthday, and the staff treated her like royalty, which was much appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went for lunch on a Saturday. They were only serving brunch, a very limited menu if you were expecting lunch. Ate outside on a pleasant day weather-wise but a lot of noise from trains passing by and the highway. Food was average, nothing exceptional. We only went there because of convenience as we were staying at the hotel.
- Need to be more more attentiveThetaKappaVIPDined on 7/25/2014The dinner service was very good, but the personnel failed to seat us at the table we had requested six weeks before the reservation.
- not what I expectedluv2eatDined on 7/21/2014We went here thinking it was going to be a great dinner. The service was the best part of the experience. Our meals were not hot and on the skimpy side. It was over priced for what we ordered. I would not eat dinner here again.Special Features:
- reliableDined on 7/20/2014The food and service are great in this restaurant, while the prices are affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeanVIPDined on 7/17/20142 hostesses so NOT on the same page. same questions x2 in waiting and being seated. server MIA repeatedly. endless wait for our food and water,while tables with different servers were taken care of quite differently.
- overpriced and not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I brought my family to muze for dinner. I thought the food was pretty good but waayy overpriced for what it was. Our dinner bill came to 230 dollars for three people with one glass of wine each with appetizer and dinner entree. The atmosphere was more airport style restaurant environment. I could tell that most of the people at the restaurant were hotel guests who didn't know any better about other places in DC.
- Breakfast lunch or dinnerMusttryDined on 7/9/2014The Muze never disappoints - food and service are 1st rate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Atmosphereericoa1VIPDined on 7/5/2014The service was impeccable and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. The ambiance and view makes for a great combination. The menu offered a good selection of options, and everything was well prepared and tasted great. They didn't have the filet that night but the ribeye substitution was still very good. The apple trio was really interesting with a balance of sweet and acidic in one dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSCDCDined on 7/4/2014Mediocre food... overpriced. Wonderful hotel, but with so many other fabulous dining options close by... Don't waste your time or $.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed immensely. Have dined there several times and stayed overnight at the Mandarin Oriental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunch with an old friendlove2eatDined on 6/4/2014A friend of mine was in DC for business, staying at the Mandarin Oriental. I chose Muze for our lunch date simply for convenience, and it was perfect for a long relaxed catching-up visit. The restaurant had a lively lunchtime energy, but was roomy enough and quiet enough that we didn't feel we were sharing our conversation with others.The fried soft-shell crab sandwich was delicious - crunchy on the outside, moist and flavorful on the inside, with a tangy sriracha mayo. Our waiter graciously replaced the fries that came with the sandwich with a lightly dressed mesclun salad that was just the right complement to the meal. The best part of all was that the waiter let us linger over our coffee and really have a nice visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more business lunch place.occasidjiniDined on 5/30/2014lots of business meetings on the lobby and restaurant. more a business lunch crowd then ladies who lunch crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect venue for business meetingslovemuzeDined on 5/21/2014Fantastic venue for a serious business breakfast or lunch, as well as pleasant casual dining. Food choice and quality is excellent and the service is really remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary from Woodbridge, VAmkn05Dined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day and was very surprised that only 5 other tables were served while we were there. They did not provide a special menu for that day only the regular menu was provided. The online menu which I had looked at for the past month, that did not change, had some changes. Noticeably the items I wanted to order, the oysters and the duck. The service was very attentive and the food very well presented. Dinner took almost 3 hours so this is not a fast affair.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DiningDonnieDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed a delicious filet mignon dinner at Muze before going to Arena Stage Staurday evening. The service was excellent, the view of the Washington Channel were peaceful and relaxing as the sun set, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- The following 487 reviews are from the Muze reviews archive.
- Over-PricedFoodmavenDined on 4/23/2014Three of us took our administrative assistant here last week for Administrative Professionals' Day. The restaurant is beautiful and the service is attentive. The food, however, is another story. It was mediocre at best, and over-priced. Two salads, two sandwiches and one dessert and non-alcoholic beverages came to over 150 bucks, with tip. And the portions were small, meaning I was still hungry when we left. Save your money, go somewhere where the wallpaper is not as good, but the food is better.
- Special LunchLunchOutingDevineDined on 4/23/2014The restaurant staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. But there was a raucous lunch crowd and it was very hard to talk about serious subjects.......................reminded me of a football game. So if you need a little bit of privacy and quiet try their lounge. Otherwise it was a good experience and lunch outing. I still highly recommend this as a good lunch spot!Special Features:
- Could use a boost!BirdDined on 4/16/2014For the cost, we expected white table cloth linen and there was none -- not even placemats! My meal was fairly good (shredded lamb) but my friend's meal, salmon with kale and cauliflower, was particularly bland. Overall, not as enjoyable or delicious as we had hoped for though our server brought the wine bottles to the table for us to see before he poured. That was nice, as was the softened (not hard) butter for the bread service.
- Consistently an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2014Consistently an enjoyable dining experience with impeccable service and beautiful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The easy way to see Cherry BlossomsOBX50810VIPDined on 4/10/2014Valet parking, beautiful view, delicious lunch, and steps away (exit the rear of hotel and across the walkway) from the Cherry Blossoms. Skip the parking nightmares and treat yourself and your visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the MuseLocalProfessionalDined on 4/10/2014Being a busy professional in D.C. , it is important to find an appropriate place for a special lunch meeting that is more refined than the food courts and eateries in the area. This location fulfilled my expectations. Besides the enjoyable ambiance of the the Mandarin hotel itself, the restaurant staff was very nice, efficient, accommodating and responsive to our requests (limited time, food needed to be served promptly, seating location, etc.). The food was delicious (seared tuna sandwich). Thank you Muse! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice , great location, priceyNMKingsDined on 4/9/2014I happen to catch the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom and this was the closest restaurant to the Tidal Basin in Open Table that was above 4 stars (and had seating available). The service was very good, but a little slow. The portions were adequate & nicely arranged. It was above what my company allows for meals in DC, so a bit on the pricey side. I would reserve this more for special occasions and request a window table with a view of the water.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsSskensingtonVIPDined on 4/8/2014Muze only had one stellar and one bad review on Yelp - so I didn't know what to expect. We had a party of 6 for a business dinner. The service was fabulous but not intrusive. Everything we ordered was delicious. For appetizers we had the fried oysters, Kobe sliders, and ahi tuna. All were fantastic. For dinner I had their duck, which was cooked perfectly. Overall, this was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/3/2014Food was imaginative and very good. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the serviceFoodie4LifeDined on 4/1/2014I am never displeased when visiting this spot! I have only eaten here at lunch but the experience and service provided is excellent. The food portions are filling but not stuffing you. Perfect portion size! Healthy eating with flavor and flair! I love the unsweetened tea, the only beverage I EVER order...beautiful views or river. I love the menu choices and items are so fresh and excellently prepared! Hats off to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read it and taste!2DCEatersVIPDined on 3/29/2014Do you know when you read a menu before going to a restaurant and you can almost taste the item as you 're reading it? Well, that was my experience with Muze. I started with the she crab soup- amazing crab flavors and and for my main course I ordered a side of seaweed to go along with the rockfish entree. The seaweed salad coupled with the light but flavorful fish was all I needed to know the chef knows good food. I vow to go back and treat hubby to the same meal - it was just that awesome.Special Features:
- AwesomefoodieDined on 3/28/2014Dear Muze Staff, Wow. One of the most memorable evenings I have had. Great service, food, ambiance. ThankyouSpecial Features:
- The place to eat in SWHealthyeaterVIPDined on 3/27/2014My husband and I always eat here before a show at Arena Stage, The food is varied, well prepared, and interesting. Service is attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:
- untimelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014Unfortunately, this is the 3rd time i have visited this restaurant. Each time has been for a business luncheon and 2 of 3 times, we have waited over an hour to be served. Will not return.
- Meal was excellent! EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Meal was excellent! Everyone had the Salmon with jam and were really impressed. Ordered a birthday dessert (kind of a speciality cupcake with cream filling they do). Overall amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dineing at its best.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014Fine dineing at its best. Excellent service and outstanding dishes. A trifle expensive but well worth the price. Once we found this gem we have returned repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But ExpensiveWestenderVIPDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant under its several names for many years. Since its latest transformation from Sou'wester to Muze, we've noticed a dramatic price increase. The quality of food, however, has not increased apace. We eat out a lot and have concluded that Muze's menu is overpriced compared to food and service of comparable quality. The food is good, but not good enough to justify the prices. We'll probably continue to eat there because it's convenient when we have theatre at Arena Stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet SpotEat2enjoyDined on 2/26/2014The service was friendly, not over the top, very attentive. Small plates were available. Martinis very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningdinner4twoDined on 2/21/2014It was our first time dining here, and we were thoroughly delighted. The food, service, and atmosphere were wonderful. We look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackbRICKSDined on 2/21/2014Away from the 14th street/Shaw bustle, great food, good ambiance, reasonable prices, outstanding service and easy on-street parking on most days--make this a keeper.Special Features:
- We sat in a small area offOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014We sat in a small area off the main dining room. Our section had white tablecloths which we appreciated, which the main area did not have. Also, out area was not full which is one reason it was quiet, but we had the impression that the main dining area, which was full, was pretty quiet too. We had been told the food was outstanding but that the service was not yet up to par. We had excellent, attentive service, but that too may have been in some measure a function of the restaurant's not being full. We went seeking a a good place for a quiet tête à tete and good food, and that's what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.