7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7079442424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
553 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (351)notable wine list (261)great for lunch (243)neighborhood gem (175)special occasion (169)hot spot (138)good for groups (82)great for brunch (70)romantic (55)scenic view (44)kid-friendly (40)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Loud but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014It was very loud but The Food and Service were awsome!Special Features:
- Great dinnerWhateverJJDined on 9/17/2014Love this place. Food is outstanding. The pink chop never disappoints.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014We ordered the pork chops and a the chicken... It was all delicious!!! Ordered a wine called prime.. Excellent choice!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Mustard's was the perfect place to have dinner after a day of wine tasting. The ambience was nice and the staff were very friendly. The food and wine list were amazing! Must go if you're in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner sublime24foodDined on 9/14/2014As usual, we had a wonderful meal at Mustards Grill on our recent trip to Napa. We tried the prickly pear margarita and it was yummy, definitely a keeper. Ordered the Pork Chop dinner with a side of potato chips - sooo good, enjoyed every mouthful. tried the chocolate hazelnut tart and the tres leches cake for dessert with the wonderful coffee and were a happy couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBob0117VIPDined on 9/14/2014I feel bad that I haven't tried any nearby restaurants, but when I go up to Peju and Cosentino I just have to go Mustards! Outstanding food, service, and ambience! Only thing I would do is have more private 2 person tables, nobody likes being placed inches from the next table. Luckily this time we had a great table!Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!cah1062Dined on 9/14/2014Busy - bustling. Felt by the atmosphere, rushed to finish lunch. Lunch was great, just busy - that's the way it is.Special Features:
- Long time hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Six of us had lunch at Mustard's. The food was food but one of our friends found very long hair in her salad. The server removed the plate and offered another item but as you can imagine, my friend had lost her appetite. The manager on duty also came by our table to apologize and took double the price of the salad off of the bill. This can happen anywhere and I feel the restaurant did it's very best to make everything right. It wouldn't stop me from returning as all of the rest of the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Napa Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Not that most restaurants here in wine country aren't terrific, but this one had it all. In spite of the crowd, we got served at the bar right away; hostess and our waitress were fabulous. We got free onion rings because we waited for 1/2 hour! Have them, yum. Nobody does that in Philly. Oh, the food was great also. We were at a large table and could hear each other perfectly. No complaints from me.Special Features:
- waitress needs a "pick me up"SMILEDined on 9/13/2014After a day of "tastings" at some local wineries, we thoughts this would be a nice central spot to grab some dinner. The bartender was courteous and the cocktails were awesome. The food options were interesting and prepared perfect. The only issue is the waitress was either having a very bad day or lacked any personality what so ever. not once did she say "thank you" when we placed our order or when we paid our bill. it was very "sterile". Almost odd...... not a reason to avoid the restaurant as she might have been tired, sad, mad etc....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot for Lunch/DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great little bar that is cozy and excellent bartender The food is fresh and from the local gardens. Great Duck and saladsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Mealstars521Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary we were greeted by the hostess who congratulated us, a few minutes after being seated at our table 2 glasses of champagne were delivered to our table complements of Mustard's. The food, service and overall experience were fantastic, and is always consistent and that is why MUSTARD'S continues to be my favorite restaurant. If your looking for a great overall dining experience this is the place for you, would recommend you make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I expected WonderfulpkingDined on 9/12/2014We had friends come in from England and Mustards did not disappoint Food /service/atmosphere everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Always yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014Every time we pass through Napa we stop at Mustards for dinner because it's so yummy.Good food, good wine, server was helpful. Only down side is the place can get a little loud if there's a drunk group but the food makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food by portions too smallgoodcookDined on 9/12/2014I normally go to the Rutherford Grill up the road when I dine in this area. My wife has been saying for years that she wanted to try Mustards Grill on some of our Wine Country trips. I found the place to be smaller than expected and the food, while okay, nothing exciting. The roasted duck was good, but the appetizers were too small for the price. The next time I am in the area I will be going back to the Rutherford Grill. I have never been disappointed there.Special Features:
- STILL THE BEST IN THE VALLEYAmy1VIPDined on 9/12/2014I've been coming to Mustard's for ages, and it's still as good as its ever been. Love everything about it! Outstanding food, great atmosphere, excellent wine, and friendly, professional service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Used to be GreatFoodmanDined on 9/12/2014I made my reservation, with my full name, but the hostess gave our table away to another guy with only the same first name. Not a good start. Food is great but the place is incredibly noisy. No quiet romantic conversation is possible. Wines by the glass are very pricy, starting at $11 per glass for only 3 ounces, not the traditional four ounces. Service as very good but tables are very close together. Don't go there if you want to have a private conversation during lunch or dinner. The place is so loud, you won't hear what your companion is saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John40207Dined on 9/11/2014We were seated on time. Wait staff was great. The pork chop was great. We are all senior citizens and felt very comfortable there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in Napa!gatorfoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food was delicious, some of the best we had, and we also ate at Brix, Bottega, and Auberge du Soleil. The rock fish tostada was my husband's favorite meal the whole time we were in Napa. But aside from the great food, this was hands down the best service we had in CA. Rhys (mustache guy) was so knowledgable, fun, and INTO the food and drinks, it made the whole experience that much better! If you're going to Napa, I personally would choose this restaurant first, and ask for Rhys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Earned FavoriteRedmarnaDined on 9/10/2014Long time favorite and it earned it by delivering really good food for any palate! Not a huge eater so I should have skipped an appetizer (but I didn't). Ordered the crab cakes as first course and they were deep fried and crispy on the outside and filled with crab meat on the inside. Two came with the order, ate 1 and my hubby had the other. Ordered the Mongolian pork chop and it was soooo delish no wonder it's been a staple on the menu. Hubby wanted a burger and he was very happy with their offering. Got an order of onion rings and they were tissue paper thin, crispy and oh so good!Special Features:
- Loved it!LilactimeDined on 9/10/2014Had the best pork chop ever! My husband had the halibut, it was also very good. We shared a warm peach, nectarine, raspberry cobbler topped with Ice cream Delicious! Our server was very professional and personable. Our best Napa dining experience by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch!!TRKMDined on 9/10/2014We've been going to Mustard's for years & it never disappoints...We suggest trying whatever "special-of-the-day" rocks your boat!Special Features:
- ExpensiveKproDined on 9/10/2014Haven't been to Mustards in 25 years so we thought we'd give it a try. The food was good but very expensive. 29.50 for a fish tostada salad???? Then the waitress asked if we were celebrating. We said yes. It was my birthday. She asked if she could bring a lemon tart with a candle. We said yes. Then she charged us for it!!!!!!! Probably will never go back.Special Features:
- bobboVIPDined on 9/9/2014One of Napa Valley's best! Huge wine list, great service and beef, fish and paste dishes......all fantastic. A must for any visitor to Napa.Special Features:
- love this placecappyVIPDined on 9/9/2014We come here everytime we visit Napa and started coming here about 15 yrs ago. It never disappoints. The salads so fresh and the meat or fish is always perfectly grilled and so tasty. It exudes a great Napa /northern CA atmosphere. A must-go place anytime you visit Napa, either for lunch or dinner. Definitely make a reservation though.Special Features:
- Alway the BestJewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Was visiting the wine country last January and made sure this September that Mustards would be the number one stop on this visit. Adam is the perfect server!!Special Features:
- We love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014We eat at Mustard's every time we go to Napa and it's amazing! Definitely go for dinner and make a reservation! Their calamari is to die for and so is their pork chop! I just had the Thai coconut curry soup on our last visit and it was so good! I swear there isn't a bad thing on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner extraordinairertpivVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mustard's Grill is a Napa Valley landmark. We try to have lunch there every time we are in the area. It's a play on the traditional American diner with a culinary twist.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Best lemon meringue pie on the planet! We live in Napa and this restaurant is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Fun and simple.Stells610Dined on 9/6/2014Great food and great service. Order the pork chop you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!LuvwineDined on 9/5/2014After 3 days in Napa with lunch and Dinner each day at notable and highly rated restaurants, this turned out to be the best meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanfromMADined on 9/5/2014Recommend reservations, especially during harvest season. Food was excellent, would definitley eat there again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergic to nutsLuv2shopVIPDined on 9/4/2014I recently dined here and told my waiter I was allergic to nuts. He quickly went into the kitchen and alerted them and others that I was allergic. Both managers came to my table to make sure I was ordering properly. Great customer service !Special Features:
- Fun Dinner In Napa Valley.MarsieDotesDined on 9/4/2014Great steak. Amazing polenta. Heirllom tomatoes were just perfect. Brought our own bottle with no corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Absolutely AMAZING pork chops! Bobby Flay was RGIHT ON with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceYvilleVisitorDined on 9/4/2014Mustards is a favorite destination of mine in Yountville. The food is legit and the service is always unpretentious. It's great for dinner and awesome for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable experience yet againmso55Dined on 9/3/2014Went to Mustards 10 years ago while on a chick's trip with my mom and sisters. This time with my husband. What a great place. Excellent food and service without an ounce of pretentious-ness.Special Features:
- Mustards Grill FansjbarkerDined on 9/2/2014Awesome Experience! awesome food and service, great environment, and as you expect a lot of good wine. strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Someone visiting East Coast recommended this restaurant. We made a reservation as soon as we arrived in town. We were not disappointed in any way. A short drone North from hotel on wY to wineries an St. Helena.The food was delicious, well prepared an pleasant service. Finished off with lovely desserts. View was quite nice from street back to the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome MealFoodcrazeDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I went for lunch during our stay at Napa and we both had a fabulous meal. He had the porkchop with slaw and I had the Mahi Mahi tortilla with asian slaw. It was so delicious. Our waiter, Anthony, was also fabulous with his wine selections and food recommendations. Great experience but it is a little pricey for lunch but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.