7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7079442424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
577 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (387)notable wine list (268)great for lunch (250)neighborhood gem (172)special occasion (160)hot spot (155)good for groups (87)great for brunch (61)romantic (56)scenic view (41)kid-friendly (35)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Best pork chop everSuzieDined on 10/19/2014Mustards has the best pork chop in the universe. Every time I'm in the wine country I have to stop there. My daughter bought me their cookbook so I can make them at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Brought the wife and friends to Mustards for a birthday lunch and wine tasting next door at Cosentino Winery. The food at Mustards was excellent as always, fantastic service and plenty of good wine to be tasted at Cosentino. The Mustards/Cosentino combination makes for a very pleasant afternoon in Napa.Special Features:
- A Vanguard Sustainable SustainsBenBuddyDined on 10/18/2014You went to Napa on a WEEKEND! Yes it's true. And the most civilize place in the "Valley" is the grow it youself, organic, humane, full bar Mustard's Grill in St. Helena. Oh yeah, they have plenty of parking too. And if you have to wait for your table you can take your cocktail / beverage and pre dinner self tour their extensive veggie garden. You can vegetarian or you can BBQ ribs. And fish and lamb and onion rings in the middle. No, I would not call the atmosphere intimate. That would be hiding on a hillside somewhere drinking two hundred dollar Zin. This is a well run business and has been popular since it's opening over three decades ago. Their wine by the glass is the best way to wine taste. And cheaper.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal at NapaLazysusanDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed every dish we had here.. The grilled meats (Mongolian pork chop and hanger steak) were fantastic! Flavourful and very well executed. Will definitely recommend friends to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.SDWBDined on 10/17/2014Impressed with the eclectic menu. Service was great but not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop while in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014This is a small little restaurant with a lot of buzz and energy. The service is great and the food is even better. Their signature pork chop dish is a must on any visit.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotGolfmanDined on 10/16/2014We stopped here for lunch one day during a multi-day trip to Napa wineries. It was crowded and bustling, but in a good energetic way. Food was excellent, and the variety from sandwiches to entrees provides something for everyone. Great appetizers and desserts too. Prompt and pleasant service with a smile. This place was recommended by friends as a must-stop for our trip, and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Great food, service and perfect for romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Mustards isn't what it used to be.KLAMDined on 10/15/2014I have bisited Mustards Grill over the last 20 years and I can definitely tell you that either I am getting more picky or Mustards is not the GREAT restaurant it used to be. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but I would not give it 5 stars like I would have 20 years ago. It's 3 start at best. We were seated on time, and the service was fine. I just don't think the foood there is as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flores101212Dined on 10/12/2014Fun and lively. The entire team including the hostess, bartender, waitress and busser were outstanding. Everyone was knowledgeable of the product and the dining room had an overall fun vibe. Great food, reasonable prices and a fun place to end the night.Special Features:
- A NAPA CLASSIC1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/12/2014I hadn't been to Mustard's Grill in years (due to the many newer dining options in the valley), but decided to bring some first time Napa visitors to experience it. As I had remembered, the food was excellent, with some old classics on the menu as well as newer dishes. Everyone in our party was quite pleased with their food and beverage selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, funalamedamomDined on 10/12/2014Food and service great, extensive wine list, highly recommend making reservationsSpecial Features:
- Freshest food ever!FreshnessDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant has a huge garden adjacent to it where ALL of their produce comes from and it is apparent in the taste of the food. I got salmon with Brussels spout leaves, butternut squash and fingerling potatoes and it was superb! Highly recommend this restaurant for the flavor and freshness of its food!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoicedbradVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have always wanted to dine at this wonderful place, but it never seemed to be available to us on previous visits to Napa Valley. This time I booked ahead and we were not disappointed. Everybody in our party of eight was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidlessOnceAYearDined on 10/10/2014Always a staple to come to Mustards when in Napa. We had some rowdy table neighbors this time, but not going to judge...we are in Wine country after all. Always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Mongolian PCmeatloafVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Mongolian pork chop is so good I can never order anything else. Why change a winning game?Special Features:
- Mongolian pork chopBlackDined on 10/8/2014It's awesome!!!must try!!!!!!!!eveything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytravellersDined on 10/8/2014Super food and great service. We would recommend the restaurant without qualificationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mongolian Pork chop was awesomedavenickoDined on 10/7/2014Exceeded our expectations,our server selected our wines to pair with the dinners,she was right on also the mustard sauce was a nice touch on the pork chopSpecial Features:
- RevisitedFredZVIPDined on 10/7/2014Second time we have eaten here - 9 years apart. The quality of food and service has remained and we would definitely revisited on our next trip out west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustard's Fall 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014It's nice to know that year in and year out Mustard's Grill continues to perform admirably.... The Mongolian Pork Chop was the hit of the table.... Kudos to the chef. The bar was hopping as usual.... too bad it's so small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved mustardsMissjulieDined on 10/7/2014Mustards was recommended to my husband and I by a coworker. We loved that it was casual but classy. The server was very knowledgable about the food and wine offerings. Both of our meals were refreshing and delicious. A great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite As RememberedSuppertime6Dined on 10/6/2014Went back to Mustards after more than a decade away recalling a fantastic meal. Not bad but not as hoped. The music was loud enough that one of the six at our table asked where the live band was (there was no live band). The service was quite slow to start and then throughout. The first wine we ordered was not in stock. After ordering the replacement bottle the server returned to take our food orders but the salads beat the wine to the table. The food was good but not memorable. The bread pudding was kind of cold/kind of warm almost as though it was supposed to be cold but sat next to a warming lamp before coming out. We remember loving this restaurant so we were really pretty disappointed.
- Delicious dining with great serviceluv2dine2Dined on 10/6/2014This was an enjoyable dining experience (a return visit for me and a first for my East Coast friend). A varied menu with delightful wine choices in a festive and fun setting. The staff were professional yet friendly. In particular, our waiter, Lonnie, was terrific, with no request too big or too small getting met with complete satisfaction. Beginning with appetizers of onion rings and pedron peppers, continuing with The Truckstop Deluxe, and ending with the Hazelnut Truffle Tart, we were in culinary heaven. This is a must stop for any visit to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomic Heavenelaine9Dined on 10/6/2014This was my second time at Mustard's Grill. We have to travel over 2 hours to get to this restaurant--it was on my 'bucket list of restaurants'. If it was in my neighborhood, I would probably frequent it weekly. I had the rabbit dish & my guy had the BBQ ribs--both were made to perfection, with every bite being one to savor. We requested wine pairing & were not disappointed. The meal was topped off with dessert: he had the lemon-lime tart & I had the chocolate caramel tart. I liked his better then the one I chose--just not that into coffee flavored desserts. After dinner, we wandered around the beautiful kitchen garden. This restaurant is on my favorites list--I will go to it every time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant in Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2014Food was amazing from apps. to desert -- incredible!Special Features:
- JLfoodieDined on 10/6/2014I always enjoy dining at Mustard's Grill. Everything is consistent. Food always good and service is excellent.Special Features:
- A Nice SupriseKarenDined on 10/5/2014Busy & small place. great food & service. Make reservations because it is always crowded but worth it. Casual place for fun & food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly disappointing!MatildaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Normally, we love this place. This time it was disappointing and we brought out of town guests so t was particularly bad. First, the hostess was in a bad mood, did not communicate well, and made us wait for 20 minutes. Then the server brought our food long before the wine. That drives me crazy! I want wine with my food. He blamed the bar but that is not my problem. My husband had an ahi sandwich that had two bites of marginal fish and mostly bread. My tostada could have actually had a little fish in it too! Finally, the server forgot the coffee with dessert. When I reminded him he brought it but no refills. Usually, the waiters here are so professional but no one was too professional today. And that ahi sandwich was ridiculous.
- Very Enjoyable Evening!SkinFlickVIPDined on 10/4/2014Been wanting to come here for years, but something always seemed to trump it. But this time I'm so glad we went. What a cute, homey, comfortable little place. The menu is very warming and there are so many good things to choose from. I was actually backing off of crab cakes for a few years at restaurants because I felt like they were getting overdone, BUT.. I'm so glad I ordered them! Freshest and tastiest I've ever had and the dressing on the greens with it, Amazing! Pork chop was recommended and it delivered. Cut of meat could have been slightly better. Ribeye special was out of this world. And the halibut and the pork sandwich disappeared very quickly! Desserts were definitely a star! Chocolate hazelnut tart and pumpkin cheesecake, WOW!Special Features:
- Excellent!GourmetfoodieDined on 10/4/2014We have been going there for years! Always each trip. Excellent food and good price. Wonderful specials every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, livelydebbieDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent and the service was also. I had the ribs, which were very good. Noisy, not a romantic place.Special Features:
- Loud beyond wordsDebsVIPDined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed two of the most popular dishes, the Mongolian pork and the lemon chicken and would highly recommend them but the place is so crazy loud! We had read this about it but couldn't believe how true. One girl was so obnoxious I wanted to go over and tell her to shut up. Her friends were shushing Her. Someplace more relaxed would have been preferred by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontedMar4Dined on 10/2/2014I was excited to eat here after seeing good reviews. We were seated immediately which was a plus but about the only positive thing. Our server came by after about five minutes and once we did not order drinks (drank wine all day) she pretty much ignored us. Ordered calamari appetizer which had about eight pieces and mostly slaw. Pork chop was raw and steak over cooked. Server did not come by to see how we were doing until the end of the meal so pretty much we gave up on telling her anything, paid the bill and left. Very disappointed they must have a new chef and/or manager.
- StacykDined on 10/2/2014I have been to Mustards Grill several times before and was looking forward to it. On previous occasions the food was so good that I purchased their cookbook so that I could replicate their food. I was dissapointed as the food and service were both terrible. The food this time lacked any dissernable flavor. The buns for our sandwiches were rock hard and we couldn't even eat them. Our waitress was unfriendly and almost dropped every dish on our lap. She forgot about the special dessert we had ordered for a birthday as a surprise and brought us the check instead. We had to reminder about the dessert which ruined the surprise.
- Best dessertTrishedDined on 10/2/2014Don't miss the lemon lime pie. The pulled pork was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excuse me....,THECOSVIPDined on 9/30/2014Mustard stresses being on time for your reservation even confirming the day prior and reminding you they will "only" hold the reservation for 15 minutes. So.... Our party of 6 was left to wait for 45 minutes BEFORE we were seated for our 7:15 reservation. No apologies from the hostess. Our server Reese worked hard at service recovery and gets points but come on. Mustards is cruising on reputation and the locals will tell you the same. Though the food was good it was NOT enough to overcome a 45 minute wait with no acknowledgement from the hostess for a delayed reservation. Believe what the locals tell you. There are lots of better restaurants around. Doubt we will ever go back.
- Delicious!Jenaqt23VIPDined on 9/30/2014The onion ring appetizer is huge and great for sharing. The seafood spicy pasta was to die for, as was the flank steak. HIGHLY recommend coming here! Ps. They gave us a complimentary glass of bubbles for our anniversary! So so so sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No expectations.RickVIPDined on 9/30/2014We went there because the Rutherford grill was not taking reservations(full), and even thought mustards was, we had to wait 15/20 mins to be seated. The food was fine, nothing to get too excited about, and the portions were too big to someone like me who hates overeating. The waitress didn't advise that we had ordered too much and we ended up throwing out half of what we ordered. Also too pricy for what it is.
- tommmyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food. Had to wait, as always. Reservations are an afterthought. Bought a drink at the bar, and when finished, our table was ready. Typical of Mustard's. They overbook. Food was good to great. Very close tables, as the man next to us started a personal conversation with us after hearing our conversation. Kind of rude.Special Features: