7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7079442424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
562 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (362)notable wine list (267)great for lunch (243)neighborhood gem (171)special occasion (166)hot spot (148)good for groups (84)great for brunch (65)romantic (54)scenic view (40)kid-friendly (39)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- tommmyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food. Had to wait, as always. Reservations are an afterthought. Bought a drink at the bar, and when finished, our table was ready. Typical of Mustard's. They overbook. Food was good to great. Very close tables, as the man next to us started a personal conversation with us after hearing our conversation. Kind of rude.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014All I can say is YUM! Went 2 times in 4 days this trip! I crave the Mac & Cheese and Burgers...and would make the trip cross country just to go to Mustard's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Enjoyable FindshellbelleDined on 9/28/2014When in the Napa area, make a reservation for Mustard's. The food is delicious, great variety and an extensive wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lilgirl28Dined on 9/27/2014Mustard's is always a fantastic dining experience. The menu is always fresh, always changing, with tons of variety and crativity. We are never disappointed and recommend this restaurant to any one who loves great food, great wine and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Place with avg. service.Disappointed1Dined on 9/27/2014Very loud place. In fact so loud that the waiter mis-heard my steak temp. I ordered medium rare and it can out medium well plus. They also forgot to bring out one of my wife's side of vegetable. The waiter didn't treaty check In us do we went a head and are because we wanted to get out if there. The waiter was prett attentive to the bachloryye party that was dining there and hollering across the room at each other. This is more suited for a buger, and beer or wine after a long round if golf.Special Features:
- Excellent. Of course.RobPDined on 9/26/2014We were pretty sure we couldn't go wrong with anything on the menu. I had the pork chop (perfectly cooked, delicious mustard sauce, and outstanding cabbage). My date had a new version of the rabbit, which was outstanding. That sauce was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't understandSimigagDined on 9/26/2014why everybody rates Mustards so high. Ok, food was good, service was outstanding (thanks to our very friendly waitress), but noise level was so high that a conversation was not possible. This was mainly due to a table of 6 people just having no respect for other guests. Overall, it was ok, but no need to go there another time.
- A great place for a special day outJudyEDined on 9/26/2014Great food good service however the noise level is very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great food and service!DcGeorgiaGalVIPDined on 9/25/2014We had a great meal with a group of women at Mustard's. Our server was wonderful. Made great recommendations and we had a nice relaxing meal with incredible food. Couldn't ask for a better evening!Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/25/2014Been here many times. Menu is solid and food dependable and very well done and presented well. Not a better place to stop for lunch or dinner on the way to Calistoga from Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedSAWHOPEVIPDined on 9/25/2014My calamari salad was ruined by a strange curry flavor. I do normally like curry, but there was something off about this dish. Mu husband's ahi sandwich and fries, however, were quite good. Th noise level and prices are both astronomical.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding service. One of the persons in ours party wanted their meat cooked further and 3 people came over to check on how his meal turned out afterwards. Very professional and courteous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationspassion4trvlDined on 9/23/2014I made this reservation based on several good reviews I read and was excited to dine here while on vacation. The service was great. The atmosphere was loud and cramped.The crab cakes and duck were wonderful. The lamb pasta dish didn't have enough lamb, but the little amount of lamb tasted great, and the sauce was bland. The hazelnut chocolate tarte was terrible. The edges were completely dried out and the middle was raw. Overall, the restaurant did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDuffyDined on 9/23/2014Great service and good food....would dine there again...perfect table setting....great wine listSpecial Features:
- Mustards Grill--A MUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I planned to travel from San Francisco with friends to Yountville specifically to eat at Ad Hoc for lunch and spend the day in town (on a Tuesday) only to find it was CLOSED on Tuesdays. Furious that a restaurant would be closed in the middle of the week I thought I'd try something else in town and found the online menu for Mustards Grill looked very good and decided to give it a try. I was more than happy that Ad Hoc was closed, otherwise I wouldn't have discovered such an amazing treasure of a place. Wine choices--impressive. Service--outstanding. Food--simply perfect. You cannot pass this place up if you're serious about high-caliber food. The food and the entire experience was just incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieJonesDined on 9/22/2014Food was fantastic. Husband had the famous pork chop and loved it. I went w/ a bucatini special that was outstanding. Just a little rushed and loud though. Recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodfredDined on 9/22/2014Wow, get your awesome heavy meat-based food here. Hard to find a heart healthy alternative here, but worth it. Tomorrow I'll be good.Special Features:
- 5 Star Service plus a 5 star mealMobymeDined on 9/22/2014Mustard's is a long time favorite and it never fails to live up to expectation, even after over 20 years of patronage. Delicious, generously portioned meals presented by knowledgable and able service. In summer and fall, top it off with a walk through their culinary garden and in winter months come away satiated with the glow and warmth of the season. Definitely worth a trip to the wine country.Special Features:
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Great good, extensive wine list and the best lemon merangue pie ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pelifanDined on 9/21/2014We went for my mother in laws birthday. Every course was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014Expected an amazing food experience. Was met with good, but disappointing fare. I suppose the food was in line with the more affordable prices...
- Not to be missed!caspiaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Every trip to Northern Cailfornia we make we visit Mustard's.Excellent food for every taste prepared and served by people who obviously care.Never a disappointment! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Had the duck and it was wonderful! A friend had the pork chop and it was awesome too. The waitress did not lead us astray with her recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRoseyDined on 9/20/2014We eat here once a year and would never miss it. The food is absolutely fantastic from the soup to the desserts. If you have the opportunity, it is a must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor Every BiteBlessedDined on 9/20/2014Had the signature pork chop and cabbage dish which was divine. The cabbage was amazing and tasted nothing like you'd expect. Husband and I had two desserts- one crumb cake with berries, the other the signature lemon meringue tart Liked the lemon flavor but the not the two inch meringue which was tan in color and was flavored with something (molasses?) Go with the crumb cake! On the weekend be prepared to wait even if you have a reservation. Will definitely go back but maybe midweekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big local eatery!!!!TNMENDined on 9/20/2014This is really a HOT spot in Napa!!!! Reservations are a must if you want to be seated anytime soon. This is a very popular eatery with great food. A must while in Napa but remember to plan ahead.Special Features:
- Great mainstay in Napa for yearsLaGringaDined on 9/19/2014Great food, super taste bud zingers. Great wine list with a super entry level list. Many wines and menu options with many chef specials each night. I loved it this year just as much as I did 25 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceTheodoreDined on 9/19/2014We have been to this great spot each time we have traveled to Napa. I can count at least 6 times we have gone and had a great experience. This time I cannot say the same. Our server was horrible! Upon being seated, we waited for 15 minutes before anyone even came to our table. We were forgotten about. They are always busy and bustling, so a simple apology would have been accepted and we would have forgotten about. Rather our server had attitude and continued with the attitude throughout our dinner. If it was just two of us, I would have gotten up and walked out. Since we had guests, we decided to stay. We have loved this dinner spot for years, and will most likely go back, but this women should not be in the service business.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesjh4auDined on 9/18/2014Mustards Grill was fantastic! This was a first visit so i followed the cheerful waitress' (dont remember her name) recommendations from appetiser of fried green tomatoes, to the "best seller" Mongolian pork chop, to the lemon tart with, might i say, mile high meringue! All were winners in my opinion. Will definitely return if ever in NAPA again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, noise notAnneDined on 9/18/2014The pork chop was wonderful, the chocolate truffle (huge, not truffle size) unforgettable. Our waiter recommended a wine which was perfect. (albeit expensive). He was very attentive, but not overbearing. Mustards could be even better if one could hear ones dining partner speak.Special Features:
- NoiseCymroDined on 9/18/2014This one of our favorite restaurants; we are regulars because the food is excellent and the service professional. But the noise level s deafening,Special Features:
- Loud but goodRomeuDined on 9/17/2014It was very loud but The Food and Service were awsome!Special Features:
- Great dinnerWhateverJJDined on 9/17/2014Love this place. Food is outstanding. The pink chop never disappoints.Special Features:
- Nice evening mealVickiDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the overall food and experience at Mustard's. Really enjoyed the yummy chocolate dessert with Expresso ice cream!Special Features:
- Amazing food!FoodloverDined on 9/15/2014We ordered the pork chops and a the chicken... It was all delicious!!! Ordered a wine called prime.. Excellent choice!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Mustard's was the perfect place to have dinner after a day of wine tasting. The ambience was nice and the staff were very friendly. The food and wine list were amazing! Must go if you're in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 9/15/2014We normally have a late lunch at Mustard's Grill. This time we both enjoyed the fish special. The halibut is always a very delicious choice here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner sublime24foodDined on 9/14/2014As usual, we had a wonderful meal at Mustards Grill on our recent trip to Napa. We tried the prickly pear margarita and it was yummy, definitely a keeper. Ordered the Pork Chop dinner with a side of potato chips - sooo good, enjoyed every mouthful. tried the chocolate hazelnut tart and the tres leches cake for dessert with the wonderful coffee and were a happy couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBob0117VIPDined on 9/14/2014I feel bad that I haven't tried any nearby restaurants, but when I go up to Peju and Cosentino I just have to go Mustards! Outstanding food, service, and ambience! Only thing I would do is have more private 2 person tables, nobody likes being placed inches from the next table. Luckily this time we had a great table!Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!cah1062Dined on 9/14/2014Busy - bustling. Felt by the atmosphere, rushed to finish lunch. Lunch was great, just busy - that's the way it is.Special Features: