7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: (707) 944-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
543 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (384)notable wine list (268)great for lunch (224)hot spot (167)neighborhood gem (159)special occasion (145)good for groups (99)romantic (57)great for brunch (55)vibrant bar scene (40)scenic view (34)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Ribs were not tender. The rest of food was good. I will not order ribs again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!JimmymacVIPDined on 11/24/2014One of the most popular restaurants in Napa Valley. We are regulars here and always enjoy our meals and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014I have hosted parties of 6 to 8 at Mustard's for 25 years. It is the most consistent high quality restaurant in the Napa valley. Unfortunately their space and occupancy limits the number of large parties but they always make room for us. Although our group rotates restaurants in Napa annually, the participants insist on always going back to Mustard's. The food is fresh and creative and the experienced waiters are personable and very knowledgeable. This weekend I hosted a local vintner and his wife at Mustard's and they ordered the curried cauliflower soup. They had run out of it but the sous chef came out and at their request wrote out the recipe and spent a few minutes going over it. We always come away from Mustard's with a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSLOfoodieDined on 11/22/2014The food is consistently good at Mustards. A few items, such as the Hanger Steak, are superb. We eat here every time we come to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 11/18/2014This restaurant is a favorite of my husband. Tuesday night must have been an off night. My halibut was overcooked and on the dry side (I asked for medium), my husband had the pasta special puttanesca which was very mediocre as it lacked the flavor element of the dish namely the olives, one of our friend's had the lamb special a ground lamb burger which was just OK. The only one at the table that really liked their meal had the their signature pork chop dish. We did get some really good pinot noir.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same time next year birthday lunch!LynnDined on 11/17/2014For over 10 years one of my dearest friends and I meet between our birthdays for a Mustard's Grill lunch! We are both fall birthdays and it has always been a beautiful drive and amazing setting and this year the colors and sky couldn't have been painted more vibrantly! I love Mustard's for lunch! It's more of a lunch spot for me because I think the setting and the front half of the restaurant being all windows makes such a nice afternoon experience. The food has changed some over the years but thankfully still keeps many favorites on the menu, like the lemon/lime meringue pie. I almost always order the duck as I did again this year. This year it was served with sauteed greens and an apple/mango chutney. The duck was delicious as usual but I missed having some sort of rice (wild rice in the past), or potato. This would have balanced the plate a little more for me, with both flavor and texture. The original duck served was a tea smoked duck. I can't remember what it was served with but I do miss the original (probably over 20 years ago on my very first visit). We started with sharing the crab cakes (2) which were fresh and crispy with lightly dressed arugula on the side - perfection. My friend ordered the braised rabbit - I tried it and it was amazing - I must use the word succulent to describe it - and the flavor was rich. We shared a half bottle of a French wine (similar our Sauvignon Blanc) to try something different - I'd give it 8/10. The service was excellent and the mood in the restaurant happy and vibrant. We finished with sharing a piece of the lemon/lime meringue pie - the meringue is piled high but this is not a flavorless, airy meringue - it is made with brown sugar and has a carmelized flavor that is just delicious with the tart citrus, crispy crust and candied lemon peels. I always leave full and happy, looking forward to next year (or hopefully sooner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Except for the wait to be seated with an invalid person in my party, the place was great! The staff went out of their way to accommodate my party. The food was fantastic! I will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014I have been going to Mustards Grill for many years, although I had not been there in over a year when I took a friend last Saturday. I always order the same dish, the Pork Chop. Although the seasoning was that same great combination I have always loved, the quality was not the same as it used to be and the portion size was MUCH smaller, they were even stingy with the red cabbage and mashed potatoes. The Pork Chop used to a lot thicker and juicier. My friend had a Burger - there was no condiments, and maybe a 1/2 cup of Fries, his plate consisted of his burger, one piece of lettuce (which was more about presentation that eating) and a small handful of French Fries - the other half of the plate was empty. This was his first visit and I do not think he will be back and I do not think I will either. This is very sad for me as I have always loved this restaurant. But the good news is that there are so many other options in the area, it will not be hard to find another "go to" place.
- Great TimeWineloverDined on 11/12/2014This was great. The menu was the most diverse of the places we ate at and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placebaahollyDined on 11/12/2014Mustards is almost always where I eat when in the Napa Valley. You never know if it's going to be busy or quiet, so I make reservations when I go. I recommend the pork chop, lemon-garlic chicken, pulled pork sandwich, crab cakes, onion rings, macaroni and cheese, and definitely the lemon lime meringue tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceApruDined on 11/11/2014We visited Mustards on our trip to Yountville. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and were seated immediately. Unfortunately, we were seated right by the front door and in the middle of a lot of foot traffic. Restaurant is fairly crowded with tables. Food choices were good. They use a blackboard to list the daily specials but the handwriting was a little of a challenge to read. I got the pasta and my hubby ordered the lemon garlic chicken. Both dishes were very good. Restaurant offered a thorough list of wines. We did not order a dessert, but they looked amazing!! Enjoyed our experience. We will go back one day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McFodieMcFoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014We have eaten at many restaurants in Napa Valley. Mustard's is one that we come back to every couple of years. Last time the food was just okay and this time is was the same. Our server was wonderful, friendly and professional and we didn't feel rushed to order, which we like. I ordered the barbecued spare ribs. They were so tough that I even had a hard time cutting them apart with a sharp knife. I like them to pretty much "fall off the bone". Not these. Not even close. And they were tasteless. The bone-out ribeye steak was good but not great. We split the lemon/lime tart, which was pretty good. Mustard's has a great location and a great reputation but the last couple of times we have eaten here we were disappointed in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favoriteDuckDined on 11/11/2014We have not been to Mustards in awhile. Love the pork chop and an order of onion rings. food is always good and daily specials are the best. Only negative for us has always been the noise level- beyond energetic- loud!@Special Features:
- A must try!CaliEventDirVIPDined on 11/9/2014We ate here on Sunday and loved it. Everything was great. They did not have a couple of items on the menu (we were an 8 pm) reservation so I recommend coming early. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Napa tried and true!!Rocky961Dined on 11/9/2014I have eaten at Mustards on many visits from the east coast and it has never disappointed. I love this place, the food is incredible and love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- upscale comfort foodJodiVIPDined on 11/9/2014driving back from wine country... its a good stop. fantastic mac and cheese and burgers. pricey but good quality comfort food.Special Features:
- So LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014My cousin and I brought our elderly aunt to Mustards Grill for a special lunch. We were amazed at how loud the restaurant was -- we had to almost yell across the table to hear each other. The tables were also very close together; I was closer to a man in the party next to me than I was to my cousin seated at my table. This rather upsetting setting was a shame because the food and service was outstanding. My aunt was not happy getting a mere 5 ounces of wine for a premium price per glass. After she rather passionately brought this to the waiter's attention, he was very kind and brought the bottle over and poured her a bit more (almost saved our lunch!).Special Features:
- Truck stop never dissapointsAudgeeVIPDined on 11/8/2014There's an entree named the truck stop. The ingredients change daily. I've had the truck stop on 3 occasions and it's always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantglfgryhwkDined on 11/8/2014Mustard's Grill was recommended to us by a number of people. We had a very good meal and the service was outstanding. There were a number of items on the menu that sounded very tasty. I had the daily lamb special which was cooked to perfection. My wife had the pork chop. Though she said it was very good, it didn't knock her socks off even though it is the 'signature dish'. The wine list is very long. The hostess was outstanding considering the restaurant was slammed and a number of walkups had to be turned away. The hostess kept a smile on her face the whole time and was never rude to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch2nd2no1Dined on 11/8/2014Mustards Grill is a must for Napa Valley dining experiences. The food is over the top great maybe the best in the valley. You may have a wait is it is not the largest place - but its worth it. The pork chop is what you have to try and if they have a special try it too. Ask your server as they really know what's good and will tell you. We had the Ribeye special most likely the best we have ever had - bar noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Still the best spot in Napa to begin a fun weekend! Food and service and ambiance ALWAYS prove to be excellent! My only slam dunk go-to in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when visting NAPA!NAPADined on 11/8/2014Mustard Grill is Always our first stop when visiting Napa. We are awed by M. Grill's ability to consistently deliver savory dishes year after year. Consistency of this caliber is uneasy & respectable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mustardsMurphyDined on 11/6/2014Really great dinner. Definite must while in wine country. Pork chop and duck were both wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteZinManHDined on 11/6/2014I've been going there almost 30 years and Mustards remains my go-to restaurant whenever I'm in Napa.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceLinoDined on 11/4/2014Great food. Great service. A bit cold near the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!SyrahGirlVIPDined on 11/4/2014A true gem in the CA wine country, Mustard's has it all! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKenDow13Dined on 11/4/2014fabulous meal and wine once again. safe is fantastic taking us on a food and wine journey. recommend highly.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014Loves the pork chop and the lemon meringue! So great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPinkPeony1Dined on 11/2/2014I am a foodie, as were my daughter, sister and niece. We ordered numerous items from the menu to do a tasting and LOVED every bite of every dish.Special Features:
- Not quite perfectdrrobDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our time at Mustards Grill; the service was outstanding and the food quite good. I would have rated it 5 stars if my entree (pork chop) had not been delayed in coming out, and when it did, it was slightly too well-done.Special Features:
- KingVIPDined on 10/31/2014We are regular customers because the food and service is consistently outstanding each and every visit. Time and again we just can't seem to get past ordering the always delicious mongolian pork chop. While restaurant seating is small in number compared to other Napa Valley establishment, the reservations are managed very efficiently because there is seldom a delay in seating at the reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve PepeBachausDined on 10/30/2014Way too noisy. Ruined the dinning experience. Tables too close together and the surfaces are all hard.Special Features:
- Good food, and lots of it.winoDined on 10/30/2014Tasty grill-type food. Big portions. Local feel. Lots of hard windows and a hard floor result in a very loud environment. Fabulous wine list, of course. Best wine deals are non-California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your out of town visitorsFoodforeverDined on 10/30/2014Mustards never disappoints. Great food and service. Friendly atmosphere. Seasonal cooking. Our house guests from out of town, especially east coasters, are enthralled with this place. If you like liver and onions, you'll never get it any better than this.Special Features:
- this is my favorite restaurantjschVIPDined on 10/29/2014i work in NYC and i am out all the time. too me nothing compares with MUSTARDS GO !Special Features:
- I like it...MsgrumpyDined on 10/29/2014Second time here. Overall, no complaint. I would go again when I go back to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A noisy place with good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Our experience here was mixed. It was so noisy it was difficult to carry on a conversation. The food was good, but the service wasn't great, particularly for the prices charged. Asked for water two times. Lunch came with fries, but had to ask for ketchup.
- 3 Birthdays were celebrated.Gailand2friendsDined on 10/28/2014I have eaten at Mustard's several times and have never disapointed. My favorite is the lemon garlic chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. I have also had the port chop and it was great. My friend had the pasta of the day and it was excellent. I have tried most of the desserts and I love the lemon/lime pie and the bread pudding. We all had a lovely time.----GailSpecial Features:
- A bit hurrriedJerryDined on 10/27/2014Very good, but a little too rushed. They seem to want to have a fast turnover, which was fine for this occasion, but it certainly was not a romantic outing.Special Features:
- MooseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Always great. Service is perfect. Not too many wines in my opinion.Special Features: