7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7079442424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
568 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (386)notable wine list (271)great for lunch (245)neighborhood gem (169)special occasion (156)hot spot (155)good for groups (87)great for brunch (58)romantic (54)scenic view (37)kid-friendly (33)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- 3 Birthdays were celebrated.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I have eaten at Mustard's several times and have never disapointed. My favorite is the lemon garlic chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. I have also had the port chop and it was great. My friend had the pasta of the day and it was excellent. I have tried most of the desserts and I love the lemon/lime pie and the bread pudding. We all had a lovely time.----GailSpecial Features:
- A bit hurrriedJerryDined on 10/27/2014Very good, but a little too rushed. They seem to want to have a fast turnover, which was fine for this occasion, but it certainly was not a romantic outing.Special Features:
- MooseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Always great. Service is perfect. Not too many wines in my opinion.Special Features:
- Time and Again...Mustard's DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014I have been to Napa more times to count...Mustard's is the restaurant that I eat at on each trip, not just once but twice! The food is always spot on in preparation as well as flavor. Service is always prompt, attentive as well as hospitable. On this trip there was a slight problem with the arrival of one of our entrees; however, both our server as well as management were quick and considerate in resolution. Don't miss the Mongolian Pork Chop or Cindy's Lamb Burger when it is on the menu! I can not wait to return on my next trip in February.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing with nice portions. the service was great. Definitely will return in the future. You absolutely need a reservation for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, rude serverMaryDined on 10/24/2014We visited as a group of 5 college girlfriends celebrating our 10 year reunion. My friend asked for a recommendation of the duck over the pork chop and he turned around and silently very dramatically screamed. Deal with it buddy you are a waiter at a highly recommended restaurant in tourist season. He looked like Seal so if he is your waiter good luck.Special Features:
- FabulousDeniseVIPDined on 10/24/2014I loved this restaurant. The food was incredible. In addition, for a near perfect dining experience, it is reasonably priced. It is, however, noisy. Also, make reservations early, this place fills up.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014I drive to Napa/Sonoma once a year and always make Mustards my first stop. I'm from Boston so the friendly staff, great wine and delicious food is the best way to start my visit.Special Features:
- Casual with great foodStevensvilleJimDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I dined here during our 1st night of a long weekend in the Napa valley. The atmosphere was very casual and laid back and the food was outstanding. I had the ahi tuna sandwich and my wife had the grilled chicken breast with bacon. There was nothing ordinary about these sandwiches. The presentation and ingredients used made for a delicious meal. This place is recommended by the locals and now I see why. Thanks for a great dinner!Special Features:
- Food was fresh, mostly tastycincytravelerDined on 10/23/2014Food lived up to its reputation, but we were there at 3:00 for a late lunch/ early dinner and my Niman Ranch burger had to be redone twice, since I asked The waitress for "no red" meat and she said "Medium well"would not be red, but it was less done than my husband's "medium"- twice! So disappointed with kitchen, but tomales, onion rings and salad , pumpkin triple mousse/ pie all delicious. Attention to cooking might be missing when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phil RogersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014After all these years, still a vibrant spot, with appeal to Valley visitors and locals, alike. Thanks to Cindy's talent and energy, the menu remains interesting and the kitchen stays on top of the demands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa classicLorscotDined on 10/23/2014One of our favorite Napa stops and this year did not disappoint. Lunch is more doable and the food is always outstanding with service to match. First class wine list ( it's the Napa valley) and a must if you plan on visiting this wine and food Mecca.Special Features:
- Never failsFuntravelsDined on 10/22/2014Once a year we visit Napa and always try to get to mustards at least twice on each visit, it never fails us, always a delicious meal interesting menu and great atmosphere, one of our most favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014This place is never anything but perfect. 3rd time for our anniversary dinner and they treat us like royalty!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointseagleDined on 10/21/2014Have been visiting for over 25 years -- how many chefs ? -- always pleasing. Lunch: great oinion rings/strings as starter and then excellent Black Cod and pork chop. Desert -- a must -- was decadent ice cream sundae with crushed chocolate chip cookies in it. Owner asked how things were and knew exactly what we had oerdered, depsite a completly full house. Nice touch. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My friends and I went to Mustard's as our "nice dinner" while vacationing in Napa. We had heard from many people that it was a must visit while in town and it didn't disappoint. The food was incredible and our server was friendly and helpful. They are known for their pork chop, but I got the chicken and it was fantastic! I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Napa Valley.Special Features:
- Best pork chop everSuzieDined on 10/19/2014Mustards has the best pork chop in the universe. Every time I'm in the wine country I have to stop there. My daughter bought me their cookbook so I can make them at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOscarDined on 10/19/2014Brought the wife and friends to Mustards for a birthday lunch and wine tasting next door at Cosentino Winery. The food at Mustards was excellent as always, fantastic service and plenty of good wine to be tasted at Cosentino. The Mustards/Cosentino combination makes for a very pleasant afternoon in Napa.Special Features:
- Return HomebackhomeagainDined on 10/18/2014I'm a central California native who now resides in the Los Angeles area. This was a return engagement to the home area that exceeded all expectations. The service was outstanding. Our server was personable and made great recommendations. Couldn't have hoped for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vanguard Sustainable SustainsBenBuddyDined on 10/18/2014You went to Napa on a WEEKEND! Yes it's true. And the most civilize place in the "Valley" is the grow it youself, organic, humane, full bar Mustard's Grill in St. Helena. Oh yeah, they have plenty of parking too. And if you have to wait for your table you can take your cocktail / beverage and pre dinner self tour their extensive veggie garden. You can vegetarian or you can BBQ ribs. And fish and lamb and onion rings in the middle. No, I would not call the atmosphere intimate. That would be hiding on a hillside somewhere drinking two hundred dollar Zin. This is a well run business and has been popular since it's opening over three decades ago. Their wine by the glass is the best way to wine taste. And cheaper.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal at NapaLazysusanDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed every dish we had here.. The grilled meats (Mongolian pork chop and hanger steak) were fantastic! Flavourful and very well executed. Will definitely recommend friends to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.SDWBDined on 10/17/2014Impressed with the eclectic menu. Service was great but not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop while in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014This is a small little restaurant with a lot of buzz and energy. The service is great and the food is even better. Their signature pork chop dish is a must on any visit.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotGolfmanDined on 10/16/2014We stopped here for lunch one day during a multi-day trip to Napa wineries. It was crowded and bustling, but in a good energetic way. Food was excellent, and the variety from sandwiches to entrees provides something for everyone. Great appetizers and desserts too. Prompt and pleasant service with a smile. This place was recommended by friends as a must-stop for our trip, and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Great food, service and perfect for romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Mustards isn't what it used to be.KLAMDined on 10/15/2014I have bisited Mustards Grill over the last 20 years and I can definitely tell you that either I am getting more picky or Mustards is not the GREAT restaurant it used to be. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but I would not give it 5 stars like I would have 20 years ago. It's 3 start at best. We were seated on time, and the service was fine. I just don't think the foood there is as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flores101212Dined on 10/12/2014Fun and lively. The entire team including the hostess, bartender, waitress and busser were outstanding. Everyone was knowledgeable of the product and the dining room had an overall fun vibe. Great food, reasonable prices and a fun place to end the night.Special Features:
- A NAPA CLASSIC1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/12/2014I hadn't been to Mustard's Grill in years (due to the many newer dining options in the valley), but decided to bring some first time Napa visitors to experience it. As I had remembered, the food was excellent, with some old classics on the menu as well as newer dishes. Everyone in our party was quite pleased with their food and beverage selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, funalamedamomDined on 10/12/2014Food and service great, extensive wine list, highly recommend making reservationsSpecial Features:
- Freshest food ever!FreshnessDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant has a huge garden adjacent to it where ALL of their produce comes from and it is apparent in the taste of the food. I got salmon with Brussels spout leaves, butternut squash and fingerling potatoes and it was superb! Highly recommend this restaurant for the flavor and freshness of its food!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoicedbradVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have always wanted to dine at this wonderful place, but it never seemed to be available to us on previous visits to Napa Valley. This time I booked ahead and we were not disappointed. Everybody in our party of eight was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidlessOnceAYearDined on 10/10/2014Always a staple to come to Mustards when in Napa. We had some rowdy table neighbors this time, but not going to judge...we are in Wine country after all. Always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThoughtfulluvsanjoseDined on 10/9/2014Second time dining here while I was working in Napa and this time brought my daughter and her husband for dinner on their honeymoon. We could not drink anymore wine after the tours and instead of the uppity attitude our amazing server joked- We get a lot of that here.she was so friendly and professional. I wrote in Open Table about the newlyweds and we were barely seated and out comes 4 glasses of sparkling! The food here is farm to table, rich and delicious. Plating is perfection- I hate the huge portions or cuties artsy tiny. They do it right. We had one drink- 2 salads- 4 amazing entrees and dessert- Bill $200.00 for 4 adults. Karen Jannelle, General Manager of LB Steak Santana Row.Special Features:
- Magnificent Mongolian PCmeatloafVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Mongolian pork chop is so good I can never order anything else. Why change a winning game?Special Features:
- Mongolian pork chopBlackDined on 10/8/2014It's awesome!!!must try!!!!!!!!eveything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytravellersDined on 10/8/2014Super food and great service. We would recommend the restaurant without qualificationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mongolian Pork chop was awesomedavenickoDined on 10/7/2014Exceeded our expectations,our server selected our wines to pair with the dinners,she was right on also the mustard sauce was a nice touch on the pork chopSpecial Features:
- RevisitedFredZVIPDined on 10/7/2014Second time we have eaten here - 9 years apart. The quality of food and service has remained and we would definitely revisited on our next trip out west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustard's Fall 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014It's nice to know that year in and year out Mustard's Grill continues to perform admirably.... The Mongolian Pork Chop was the hit of the table.... Kudos to the chef. The bar was hopping as usual.... too bad it's so small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved mustardsMissjulieDined on 10/7/2014Mustards was recommended to my husband and I by a coworker. We loved that it was casual but classy. The server was very knowledgable about the food and wine offerings. Both of our meals were refreshing and delicious. A great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.