7399 St. Helena Hwy
Yountville, CA 94558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7079442424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cindy Pawlcyn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our sister property, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, for your next private party.
A word from Mustards Grill
Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mustards Grill - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Mustards Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
523 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (320)great for lunch (251)notable wine list (242)special occasion (176)neighborhood gem (161)hot spot (123)great for brunch (78)good for groups (68)romantic (49)scenic view (45)kid-friendly (35)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Recommended by a local-right on!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/26/2014Do it--it's excellent. No pretension at all. GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I have been enjoying Mustard's Grill for over 20 years now. Great food and service. It is a have to in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Good stuff! All of our party very satisfied. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very rushed. Sat at a 5ppl table (2 of us) next to a bathroom!
- DisappointingSatisfiedDined on 8/23/2014Had not been to Mustard's Grill in years but had good memories of last visit. Felt lucky to snag a restaurant just two days ahead of time. Now I know why a table was available. The place was packed with guests who looked like they were one-time visitors or came fresh off a tour bus. The staff seemed stressed and focused on getting guests through their meals quickly. And the food was not what you'd expect. My spare ribs were overcooked, dry, and tough. My partner's cheese custard and roasted vegetables were limited to an overly cheesy square, small eggplant slices, and a few cherry tomatoes. Since we don't go to Napa often and were looking forward to a good meal, this was a particularly disappointing experience.
- Not what I thought!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Potatoes were cold, waitress not very friendly, fish overcooked.Special Features:
- Hunan chicken salad was terrible!EspressoVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have heard great reviews about Mustards but our experience was horrible. We had 2pm lunch reservations for 2 people - we were seated 20 minutes late. They were very busy and packed. We must have ordered the 2 worst dishes on the menu: the Hunan chicken salad and grilled ahi sandwich. Both items need to be removed from the menu.Special Features:
- NYCeaterDined on 8/21/2014Been going to Mustards for 20+ years. One of the best restaurants in America the entire time. Never disappoints. Great food, warm service, jolly atmosphere, authentic avatar of all that is true and good in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableEllandHDined on 8/20/2014Yummy carrot soup. Nice wine list by the glass or split bottle. Service was fine except we ordered a split bottle of Pride Cab and our waiter offered to decant this for us but forgot. Other wise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confortable-good foodWineandDineDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our experience - always good food and great service! An adequate wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelnatDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food and ambiance in Napa, California. The Mongolian pork chops were succulent and tender. The salad was freshly harvested from their garden out back. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service - Always GreatTripleLDined on 8/18/2014For the last 20 years, we have enjoyed eating at Mustards Grill. This past Saturday we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and we wanted to drive up to enjoy the Mongolian Pork Chop. Service and the food never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatallyfVIPDined on 8/17/2014Have been dining here for over 20 years and it never disappoints. I have had maybe 1 bad meal. The bun was stale on a sandwich. They however took care of it plus went above and beyond to make up for it. Recommend reservations on weekends. Lunch time can be very busy. Bar is small and basically a holding place for people waiting for a table.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBlueAngelsDined on 8/17/20143 of us were there to celebrate a special birthday. We shared an appetizer, 2 salads, 3 entrees and 2 desserts. We had the pork chop, rib eye steak and BBQ rib. The portions are big. The side dishes are very good as well. If it weren't for the distance, we would go back there more often.Special Features:
- A favoriteFoodforeverDined on 8/16/2014Like an elegant truck stop on steroids. Always great food. Always busy so don't go without reservations! Great spot before going to the Lincoln theater.Special Features:
- Great food...felt rushedGottabyumDined on 8/16/2014Went to Napa for the weekend and Mustards was highly recommended by friends who had dined there several times. Had reservations for a late lunch, 2:45, and were seated shortly after arriving. I ordered the hanger steak..delicious. Others in our group ordered the pork chop and chicken which also got rave reviews, but one other ordered the smoked duck, unfortunately, the smoked flavor was so overwhelming, that's all you tasted! The only other negative was our waiter...though efficient, he never once smiled or exhibited a very affable presence..he made us feel rushed. We noticed other waiters interacting amiably with their guests. Too bad...as I would have had a completely positive experience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service food quality could improveCONNOSIEURDined on 8/15/2014food was cold, not very friendly service except for the hostess when you first walk in. very disappointed as I had high expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The food was weak. Pasta was tasteless, ribs were undercooked, steak not very tender.
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have late lunches here all of the time. There is always a crowd here no matter what time of day it is! Great food. Prompt, professional, friendly service. That is a wonderful formula for success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious2fansDined on 8/14/2014The best tomato soup of my life. Great halibut. Amazing onion rings Our waitress took great care to avoid nuts and sesame for my allergic niece and nephew.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciouslpblpbDined on 8/14/2014Always food friendly and fabulous. No matter your preference, this long time treasure has something for everyone's diet. On the seismic-scrumptious-scale, this is an 8.7. Why not a 9.0? Well, I never have room for dessert. One day...Special Features:
- fantastic lunch.CRC63Dined on 8/14/2014Mustards certainly lived up to its stellar reputation. During our first day in the Napa Valley we stopped here for lunch and we are glad we did. Just do it yourselves. It is all that they say about it. I had the tuna filet sandwich and shared the Mac-n-Cheese side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Stef5480Dined on 8/13/2014Best Pork Chop ever! We enjoyed a great dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't the bestCharlyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very fair priced restaurant, service was great, lot's of energy!!! The food was pretty basic - not a big deal although not what you would expect in Napa Valley -
- Impeccable service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The hostesses then waitress those serving water et al were all completely in tune to our every need. Offered suggestions to these two alabama ladies who had never been to napa valley. Service was absolutely incredible. Food was Devine. Atmosphere wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IconicguardDined on 8/12/2014We've been coming to Mustard's for years and it did not disappoint. Great food, lively atmosphere and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved everythingBdayDined on 8/12/2014We like to sample small plates so we had about a half dozen dishes. my mother and I loved the Maytag blue cheese salad which they kindly split for us. my favorite is always the watercress dip that comes with the french fries and the baked Mac n cheese. my mother said that the housemade sourdough is the best that she has ever had. My teenage daughter loves the house my potato chips and garlic mashed potatoes. The wine list is quite impressive and on a warm day, I recommend the Albariño and the White Blend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Good, Some NotgolfkatVIPDined on 8/12/2014Soup of the day was excellent, along with the tamal appetizer. Ahi sandwich always superb. But the new version of the pork sandwich leaves much to be desired. Not very flavorful with dry chunks of pork. The pulled version was much better. Not much flavor, bread to soggy with sauce. Need to get back to the good old pulled pork BBQ sandwich that made Mustard's famous!!!!Special Features:
- Fun with friendsOhhhmazingDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely double date with anothe couple. Which. Worked out nicely in enjoying appetizer together. The onion rings were great and there was enough to share between the four of us. We also shared house made chips and the heirloom tomato salad. Both were good. Everyone chose a different entree from the specials which was a great way to sample all the great offerings. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. Our server Anthony was superb! He took really good care to ensure we had everything we needed all through the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014Mustard's Grill is a "must-go-to" whenever we visit Napa Valley. The ever-changing menu is always exciting and delicious. We had the Lamb Special and it was just that - special! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Break AwayDawnyDined on 8/11/2014Our waiter was fantastic and the duck superb. My husband had a lamb burger and loved it. Our teenage daughter enjoyed a normal cheeseburger so all were happy! Paired my duck with cab franc and had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Country GemcheftchDined on 8/10/2014We were on vacation in Napa and had previously heard some really great things from a friend about Mustards. I made a reservation in advance of our trip and was glad I did! Mustards is a very busy place and most natives of Napa recommend it as one of their best restaurants to visit. We were not disappointed! Food, atmosphere & of course the wine were all great! Service started off a little slow but then was very good. If you visit Napa, Mustards is a must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely lunchVirginiaDined on 8/10/2014Mustard's is one of my favorites in the Napa Valley. Been coming for years and always consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/10/2014Mustard's is the Napa Valley standard bearer- always reliable for both great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The staff is top notch, the wine list is amazing but in the end it's all about the food. Mustards never disappoints. We live in south Florida but travel to northern California every couple of years. We always incluclude Mustards in our plans. Expensive? Yes. But worth it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in NapaneverseenDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding salad with blue cheese , followed by a special of the day- a Bourride as good as you could find anywhere in France. Quite a surprise to discover a Bourride as good as that in the Napa Valley ! And all washed down with a touch of Henri Bourgeois Sancerre . Not bad at all ! Bon apetit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar tender overworked?lck88VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've always enjoyed this restaurant and the bartenders have been so fun and helpful with a great knowledge of wine. Not so this time. The female bartender that night practically growled as she dealt with our group of 6 girls and although I ordered the Rose that was highlighted on the list she poured what looked to be a dark red wine. I didn't question because she was already in such an unpleasant state. I will think twice about recommending this restaurant or going there on my next Napa trip. One bad bartender can ruin the whole restaurant experience!Special Features:
- Meets all expectationsCranDined on 8/8/2014We heard about Mustards via chef & magazine reviews. Expectations were high and they were all met and surpassed. Mustards is exactly as billed: a classic, elegant truck stop. Our party of three have very different tastes; vegetarian vinophile, sandwich & beer king and a meat and potatoes gal with a preference for vodka. The menu along with the daily specials allowed all of us several choices for our meal. From a monk fish stew to pulled pork and a 12 oz rib eye all selections were perfectly prepared. Mustards Grill is a "must" for any Napa visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definetely need reservations!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Great place to eat. Glad we made reservations. Even with reservations we had to wait 20 min. to be seated for lunch. Check out the garden area where they grow a lot of their vegetables and herbs used in the restaurant.Special Features:
- LunchJaxtravelmanDined on 8/7/2014My friend goes to napa many times a year and recommended this place for lunch. When the food came out we were not overly impressed. I ordered the Sea Bass and bit was still raw in the center. I pointed it out to the waiter and he fixed the situation but the fish did not taste any better. My girlfriend was patiently waiting to eat her food while I got mine and I felt bad for that. Great location and very nice inside but food and service need help.Special Features: