Mustard Seed Bistro
256 S University Dr
Plantation, FL 33324Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mustard Seed Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustardseedbistro.com/
- Phone: 9545339326
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Breakfast: 9:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Tim Boyd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to bring Mustard Seed Bistro to you. Most of our catering is planned specifically to your needs however, we do have a corporate lunch catering menu.
A word from Mustard Seed Bistro
At Mustard Seed Bistro we are dedicated to giving our customer the best possible dining experience. Owners Tim and Lara Boyd have successfully given the feeling of being a guest in their home and being served as such. Owner Tim Boyd has been chef for over 22 years and exemplifies it in all his dishes. His culinary team is passionate about food and happy to please the pickiest eater. Our wine bar is full of wines from all over the world that Chef Tim has personally handpicked. He tends to select a more boutique style of wine and often has the winemaker join us for a five course wine pairing. We serve a light breakfast, and gourmet lunch consisting of the freshest ingredients all made to order. We are now serving dinner six nights. The white linens and candlelight come out at night along with the finest food you’ll find anywhere including our list of dinner specials and wine promotions. Are you a real Foodie??Let us create a five course tasting menu just for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mustard Seed Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- great mealcaroletDined on 5/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised wtih the quality of food at the mustard seed. Everything was fresh, delicious and prepared perfectly. However, I felt that the wine list was quite expensive for a strip store restaurant and when we sat down I felt that the waiter was rushing us. After the jwaiter relaxed we really had a greeat meal.Special Features:
- Love this placeRobTamiVIPDined on 5/16/2014We love the Mustard Seed Bistro, The food is always amazing and the service is the best. Highly recommended !Special Features:
- Great food and service!JeffDined on 5/16/2014The entree's were terrific, but the fried Brussel sprouts were beyond great!!!...as was the apple cobbler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Consistent FindlkellyDined on 5/15/2014The Mustard Seed is one of our "go to" restaurants for special occasion dinners. It did not disappoint this time, although the filet seemed thinner and not as tender as in the past. Our server was wonderful and our dessert (the flourless chocolate cake) was superb and the Happy Birthday decoration appreciated. We will return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!JFB54Dined on 5/15/2014"Always Outstanding!" This was our fourth visit to The Mustard Seed Bistro, and it was wonderful as always! I highly recommend the stuffed date appetizer. Dates stuffed with sausage and goat cheese, wrapped in crisp bacon. It was served with arugula, cherry tomatoes, candied ginger and a balsamic drizzle. Delicious! The Crispy Duck was the BEST duck that I have ever had! Beautifully crisp and succulent with a cherry sauce served on the side. Every bite a joy for the senses! Jonathan was our waiter, and he was the best! He was super attentive, without being intrusive, he had a great sense of humor and made some wonderful suggestions for the wine being served. He was indeed a pleasure! The Mustard Seed Bistro is a fine establishment.Special Features:
- Surprising strip mall findDamianDDined on 5/10/2014Truly outstanding food. Our first time so we stayed safe with strawberry salad and brussels sprouts starters, followed by shrimp and grits and skirt steak. All executed flawlessly, with special note to the shrimp and grits for which I'd make the 35 minute drive tonight if I could. Simple food gives no place for the kitchen to hide, and they were on point. The service was not even close to the food. The staff was too busy trying to get a head start on closing the restaurant. Really? To be fair we did arrive at 9:25p but it was Saturday night for pete's sake. *AND* we actually made a reservation for 9:45p and showed up early. Benefit of the doubt so won't impact overall rating. Looking forward to 2nd visit!Special Features:
- Already sent two friends here!ReenerVIPDined on 5/5/2014Very unassuming in a strip mall, but the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetbayDined on 4/26/2014Always excellent. Great food and service every time we go. Fine dining at a true local/neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustard Seed BistroEileenDined on 4/19/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. Learned about restaurant on PBS Check, Please. Nicely decorated, comfortable ambience, linens all around. Very attentive service. Ordered Spanish Albarino wine, which we both enjoyed. My husband had French Onion Soup, which was outstanding. I had the market salad, with greens, goat cheese, walnuts, julienne pear, and with just the right amount of delicious balsamic/honey dressing Breads were delicious and warm. My husband had the Grouper with mashed potatoes and asparagus, small green beans and carrot. I had the pistachio crusted salmon with same sides. Both were very enjoyable, seasoned just right for us. Dessert was the chocolate cupcake with candle, and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustard Seed BistroCooperDined on 4/19/2014Second time visit.....once again food was wonderful.....good service....only negative made an res on Monday for Saturday and was put at a table for 4 with 5....made placement of plates an issueSpecial Features:
- West Broward County Hit!!TruluckVIPDined on 4/15/2014Jonathan was our server and he is incredible. Food is impeccable. I love the mussels, lamb chopettes, escargot, crispy brussell sprouts, crispy duck. Can't wait to return. I love having an upscale, awesome restaurant out west.Special Features:
- Hidden Plantation GemVioletMamaDined on 4/11/2014I saw this restaurant reviewed on Check Please, so we figured we'd check it out because we've driven by it a million times and never at there. It use to be a deli/café type place that was called the Grape Vine (or something like that) so silly me assumed it was still that same thing, but different name or owner....well it's a hidden little gem. Food is excellent-we shared apps and salads, I had the duck 2 separate times and it was excellent both times and their cupcakes are beautiful and super tasty, service is great- servers are dressed nicely, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, ambience is beautiful-dimly lit & dark rich colors for décor. We've been there 3 times in the past month.Special Features:
- great foodpalmsguyDined on 3/31/2014I had the duck and it was great! Perfectly prepared. My wife had pasta and loved it. Great service and we fininshed with cupcakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I shared theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014My husband and I shared the crab cake appetizer which came with French fries and cole slaw. It was excellent. I then had the crusted coated tilapia with mashed potatoes, asparagus and haricot verts. I couldn't stop eating it. My husband had the fish stew and loved it. Dessert for me was a cupcake which tasted a little like Cherry Garcia, but not quite. It was the only thing I was not too fond of. My husband had the crème brulee and since it was his birthday, it had a candle in it. It was excellent. House cabernet was good. Our server, Don was attentive. We definitely plan on coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I made the internet reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014When I made the internet reservation I specifically mentioned that it was my wife's birthday and requested a special birthday dessert. I was disappointed because the waiter said that they did not bother to read the requests. He ended up bringing a Cream Brule with a lit candle...a poor presentation for such a special occasion. My recommendation is that internet reservations be read thoroughly and if there are special requests that the restaurant cannot meet that the patron be called or sent an e-mail informing him beforehand. It was embarrassing for me, It is also suggested that the restaurant consider fulfilling special requests and charge the appropriate fee. Adrian Roman 954-494-3232Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was okay. but for theFLLfoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2014food was okay. but for the quality and lack of uniqueness of the food, it was somewhat overpriced. service was generally pretty good and attentive.
- mustard seed bistroKokeDined on 3/22/2014Great food--out of this world!! Service was a bit slow though. Special occasions only as the menu is quite pricy. I will return again in the future.Special Features:
- We were a party of four nOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We were a party of four n the meal was very good except that my risotto was served cold n I had to send it back. The restaurant did not meet the expectations I had after seeing it featured in Check Please.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night with my daughter at MustardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The food was very good, just as recommended on the PBS show "Check Please". That was the reason my daughter and I end up eating there. We both liked the food very much. Great presentation and taste was outstanding. It is a no frills place but that is what I think makes this rest. a gem for the neighborhood. I will definitively go back again. Great service. Down: too tight for space and can hear all your neighbors conversation. That is how close the tables are. We made acquaintances with the neighbors to the left (who were there because of the PBS show recommendation) and to our right who are regular patrons. They were not aware their neighborhood restaurant was on the show. We shared some views on the food. Must make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plantatton Life-SaverTino354Dined on 3/20/2014The food is very nice, though overpriced. The duck was crispy, but dy. The steak was nicely charred, but chewy. They really need better steak knives. It;s not the most cordial place in the world but it is one of the few good places in Plantation that isn;t a franchiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2014Food was great. Service was terrible. We waited forever for someone to take our order. No one refilled our water. We were not asked if we wanted dessert either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the neighborhoodEmdubbsDined on 3/19/2014Our group had three sea food dishes and all were outstanding in presentation, preparation and taste. Far beyond what we expected in a strip shopping plaza restaurant. Wine list was relatively small but well varied and reasonably priced. Specialty cupcakes were another pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014The fish was fresh and prepared with excellent care.I had the sea bass and it was perfect,order a cup cake as soon as you arrive as they run out very quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS AMAZING BUT.....camsterVIPDined on 3/15/2014Service could have been a tad better. Although, our waiter was helpful, he did not seem happy with his chosen profession. We enjoyed our meal tremendously, and consider ourselves very discerning where food is concerned. We had the braised short ribs which were out of this world, and the meat was so tender it practically melted on your fork! We started our meal with shrimp ceviche and the portion was more than adequate. It was very tasty, with a bit of a kick. The Chilean Sea bass was prepared exquisitely. Very tender and the lemon beurreblanc sauce added to the flavor. The only down side to this meal, was that, as early as we were there...........they ran out of all the cupcake flavors but one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lovers delight.HelenDined on 3/15/2014If you love good food, which has been properly cooked and beautifully presented, served by a gracious waiter, then the Mustard Seed is the place to dine. I eat lunch there quite often and when I want a special place to dine in the evening, this is the place I choose. It is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodktelVIPDined on 3/12/2014Enjoyed the food and flavors at Mustard Seed. I did not undersand why it was so dark inside the restaurant. Time to hire an interior decorator.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Me and my Husband werevisiting for the weekend and found this place by chance. I thought I had made reservations for Friday evening, turns out it was Saturday! We had already arrived, but they still went out of their way to accommodate us and with the best attitude as well. That alone sealed the deal. Our server was also phenomenal. One note-it is expensive, at least on our budget. So even though I wish I could go weekly, we personally wouldn't be able to. But we will definitely be back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationhodgieDined on 3/3/2014We were referred to the Mustard Seed by a co worker. My husband and two daughters brought me to this quaint restaurant for my birthday. To begin with we ordered the roasted vegetable plate which was delicious. All of our entrees were equally as good and the service on the mark. This is an off the beaten path place with a good wine list and wonderful food, albeit pricey.Special Features:
- Great dining experience othersouthfloridalandDined on 3/1/2014Great dining experience other than they seemed to trying to empty the restaurant out by 10:30pm.Special Features:
- A great addition to West BrowardKHKBVIPDined on 3/1/2014It is so nice to have a reliably good fine dining restaurant in Plantation. Always reliably good.Special Features:
- Mustard Seed is worthy!495SVIPDined on 3/1/2014A wonderful intimate restaruant with low lighting, refined tables and linens, great service, exquisite entres and impressive wines! The pistachio encrusted salmon with tangerine sauce was memorable and perfetly medium rare! Defenitely worthy of a return visit for dinner!Special Features:
- A nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Very nice ambience. Apps were great and menu impressive. Gnocchi and brussel sprouts excellent and duck entree was impressive although very slightly overcooked. Solid wine list but Red wine served very cold. Overall a very nice dinner with the Mrs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Brussel sprouts were outstanding. I had the Peruvian Fish Stew which was delicious. My friend and I shared a lemon cupcake which was yummy, too. Highly recommend this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceLinuDined on 2/15/2014Mostly a positive experience. Food was great. Great selection! Attentive and knowledgeable waiter. Only drawback was the seating for two. Would be more intimate for a romantic dinner if tables weren't so close together. Too close and unfortunately had to listen to other couples conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerosc11Dined on 2/14/2014I loved everything about dinning at this restaurant for a special Valentine's Dinner. The lighting and overall decor of the small and quaint restaurant gave it the perfect romantic ambience that we were looking for. The server was knowlegable, attentive, and courteous. The food was incredible. My favorite appetizer was the bacon wrapped dates and my wife feel in love with the lobster gnocchi. Our entrees were delicious and of course the highlight of the evening at Mustard's is always the gourmet cupcakes. The troufle chocolate cupcake certainly did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful gem located inChewieDined on 2/8/2014A wonderful gem located in an unexpected locale. Reservations are strongly recommended but if you don't mind sitting at their lovely bar you can often have dinner without a lot of advance planning. Don't wait for a special occasion, make the occasion special by going there.Special Features:
- Bistro Bestmike28Dined on 2/7/2014I have lived in Plantation for over 20 years and probably tried every restaurant in the are. Although the Bistro is a bit on the expensive side, you get what you pay for. It was probably the best dining experience I--should say "we"--my girlfriend and I have had in a long while. You would never know it is there in a little strip mall I have ridden buy hundreds of times. The atmosphere was elegant yet cozy; the staff was superb and the food outstanding. And that chocolate dessert I don't know the name of was "icing" on the cake. I would definitely go back again. 2/11/14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findKennDined on 2/6/2014This was a very good experience. This restaurant, located in a strip mall, was a great selection. The food quality and service was great. My guests were restauranteurs in this out of state experience and we all felt the menu was diverse and outstanding. It will be a must return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can"t wait to returnEaterOuterDined on 1/25/2014Very small, cozy, chic, unique, relaxed but classy,superbly delicious, very nice service... what more can I say? Excellent quality and fantastic selections. Everything that I love.Special Features:
- Great ValuekneesVIPDined on 1/25/2014First dinner here. It's a treat for any meal. Dinner prices a bit steep but still good value. The food was delicious, excellent service. I had a salad and the appetizer mussels as my dinner. Yummy prep and generous portion. Use the bread to enjoy the mussel broth. Will come back for sure!Special Features: