324 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mustangsallysny.com/
- Phone: (212) 695-3806
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Juke Box
A word from Mustang Sally's
Mustang Sally’s is an Irish pub that has a nice mix of people, drink, and food that is still all New York. When you step into Mustang Sally's be prepared for an attitude-free zone - a breath of fresh air that is completely unexpected but ultimately what you need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mustang Sally's reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great serviceBuffalo1Dined on 11/6/2014We had wonderful service. Young waitress that was friendly, helpful and attentive. Just perfect. I am always looking for a great cheeseburger and I was actually surprised at how good the burger was. Almost forgot to tell you about how super the French fries were. I usually do not eat them when they come with my burger but here, I finished every one of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialanonymousDined on 9/20/2014Mediocre food, and ambience. Needs a facelift. Nothing to go back for.
- Not good when slowKurtHVIPDined on 9/14/2014We came late on a Sunday night. Nearly empty, and the bartender seemed like she was covering a lot - so we sat at the bar. 45 minutes between ordering and receiving our food. Fish and chios had only 3 small pieces of fish, like getting three McNuggets at $5 apiece. Their Shepherd's Pie is gret, though.
- General review of Mustang SallyBruceGDined on 9/10/2014great place to have a drink and a bite to eat before heading to MSG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed DinerDisappointedDined on 9/6/2014Table was reserved, and place was empty, but they gave us a round table that seats 4 with two smaller tables next to accommodate a party of 7, so someone sitting at one of the smaller tables had to sit away from the table to talk to the person next to them at the round table. Strange idea!!
- SeamusDined on 9/6/2014The place was decorated nicely, a typical Irish-American pub atmosphere. Service was friendly but could have been more attentative given we arrived when there were few groups seated at tables. My Chicken pot pie was very tasty with a super light flaky crust on top. Both of my fellow diners ordered Sheppard's pie and were disappointed in the taste and greasiness. I know many restaurants in the US make Sheppard's pie with ground beef but advertising as an Irish pub, you would think they would use the traditional lamb. At a minimum, a leaner cut of ground beef might have been more appetizing. My friend described it as a bland beef stew with mashed potatoes. Convenient from our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustang Sally's - Poor in New Yorkyesnik66Dined on 8/22/2014Food was poor and worse than average - Ceasar Salad with not so fresh salad and Shepherds Pie which was watery and tasteless Service was Ok but slow and not very attentive. Overall very poor menu choices too. Very loud live band who were not very good "hey We are The Turn" over and over again after each covered song To be honest this is probably a drinking hole rather than a pub with food and they would probably do better sticking to that Paid on a Thomas Cook US Dollar Card and they charged 15% EXTRA on the bill which they don't tell you about until check your online account when you seem not to have as much on your card as you thought you had! The bill does not reflect this charge. It happened at other places too but why a charge?
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed Mustand Sally's. We had a 7:00 concert at MSG, which is a great location, right down the block from MSG, and made a reservation for 6. I asked for booth. We arrived at 6, the booth was ready, and we got out of the restaurant about 7. The food was good, my husband ordered a steak, it was cooked perfectly, and he said was delicious. All in all, a good experience. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Mustang Sally's reviews archive.
- First class Irish publuvingSAVDined on 7/23/2014Best Sheppards pie I've ever had. Chicken pot pie was to die for - wonderful pastry topping. Service was friendly and efficient. Prices were extremely reasonable. Couldn't have asked for more. Wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceRinaDined on 7/17/2014I had made reservations about a week prior. we had concert tickets to MSG. I had to change time & number of people in my party & they were very accommodating. when we arrived we were seated quickly & the waitress asked if we were seeing a concert. she told us she'd have us out in time & she did. we ordered burgers & chicken sandwiches, my sister ordered a steak sandwich & they gave her a steak by accident. she said was very good. The Waitress was outstanding! wish I remembered her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub foodJohnnyBVIPDined on 7/15/2014This place is what it is, a pub. Food is exactly what you would expect, no more, no less. Service was nice and food was ok. Easy locatioon for anything you are going to do at MSG.Special Features:
- Good pub near Madison Square GardenMichaelVIPDined on 7/7/2014We tried Mustang Sally's before an event at MSG. It is a nice, friendly somewhat typical pub, with good service and very good food. A great place to go for a drink or a casual dinner in the neighborhood. Plus, they take reservations.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We dined on monday about 1:15 pm Our table was set upfor us when we arrived The staff was helpful and professinal i will definally recomment Sallys for a great experience and reasonabily priced foodSpecial Features:
- rockinrobinVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was ok, slow service. Drinks were expensive and small.Special Features:
- Lets Go Rangers !!JoePDined on 6/9/2014Great food and excellent location before a Ranger gameSpecial Features:
- Not quite what the ratings sayJohannaDined on 6/5/2014Food was below average for the area. Noise level was high. After this visit it's "been there, done that."
- Great sports barWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 5/13/2014This is a terrific place to watch a game and hang out with fellow sports fan. Food is good pub grub.Special Features:
- Irish pubBlueplateEspecialeVIPDined on 4/30/2014Irish pub with typical pub food and drinks. Close to the GardenI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustang Sally's Convenient for MSGAvon9LizDined on 4/18/2014Mustang Sally's is a bar with bar food that is very convenient if you are going to Madison Square Garden. Once you accept that, you are OK. Our food was mediocre, at best. Nothing was particularly hot or well-prepared. There were so many people standing at the bar waiting for tables that they were within a foot of us while eating and we were asked more than once when we would be done so they could sit down. Upon arrival, the hostess did not have our Open Table reservation and was not going to seat us until I asked for the manager and showed him our confirmed reservation! I would go to Mustang Harry's down the block the next time. The food is better, even though same owners.Special Features:
- Go, Rangers!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014I went right before a Rangers game (it's very close to MSG). The place was packed with Rangers jerseys (mine among them), and was noisy - just what you'd expect before a game. Good vibes, good food.Special Features:
- Just Ok..AuntsDined on 4/3/2014The restaurant was perfectly acceptable and the food was fine. Nothing special about this place. It was loud but it was also a Thursday night. Would I go back maybe, would I recommend it ...yes to a younger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experience!Gail1023Dined on 3/6/2014We had a 630 reservation was seated on time. We ordered right away and had to wait over an hour for our salads and sandwiches. We had a show to catch at msg and was late because of the poor service. Would not go back again.
- Bite to eat before the gameSkiddersDined on 3/2/2014This is the perfect palce for a burger prior to a game at MSG. Close by, food was good, service was better and price is where it should be.
- Loud and dryMichelleDined on 2/19/2014I really wanted to like this place. Unfortunately, the food was dry and bland. The server ingored my two requests for water and she took her break when our food came out so, had to eat without a drink. It was very loud- although the staff was friendly and working hard- the intuition to bring silverware, condiments and beverages when the food was served just wasn't there. This place is perfect for that quick happy hour drink, right before you go somewhere else.Special Features:
- We went for dinner beforeCrallo13VIPDined on 2/1/2014We went for dinner before our knick game. Was so crowded we waited for 15 to find the hostess. She never came. Another family told me she saw them 20 minutes ago and was trying to get them a table. Not sure why they took our reservation when they clearly could not handle what they had. Walked down the block to mustang Harry's and had an awful meal.
- We were very pleased withKarenAnneDined on 1/29/2014We were very pleased with the service, food and the service. We have already recommended to many people to go. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustang Sally's is Great!!!LovesMustangSallyDined on 1/29/2014The atmosphere was warm and friendly with great music in the background that was not too loud so you can enjoy a conversation while dining. Enjoyed the nachos very much and liked the red and black chips that were used. Not your standard nachos, excellent! The roast beef sliders were delicious and we thought that the little basket the fries came in was adorable. The vegetable panini was scrumptious, as well. We cannot wait to go back to try more of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustang and MSGItaliamanDined on 12/29/2013Sally's was the perfect place for our family outing to MSG's theatre for the Christmas Story play. Their menu pricing was very reasonable and the food was delious and great sized portions. Go there to eat and drink before or after your event.... You'll save a ton of moola!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and FunLucyDined on 12/27/2013The wait staff is the greatest. Food was good, however, there was no fish for the po boy, tacos or fish n chips. We'd definitely go again. Would call before to see if they had the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what it wasgabagooDined on 12/22/2013Went to the restaurant with family (14 people, including 6 kids). Pub food, which we thought would be good with the kids. The food was good, but was overpriced for what it was. We had 6 apps then either sandwiches, salads or burgers and the bill came to $35 per person, including the kids with the tip. Would not go back again
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013It seemed that the open table reservation was lost and no one knew what to do when the party of 9 that I was in showed up for our reserved time to be seated. The place was packed and they didn't know where to seat us. They stuck is in this backroom, that looked like was not intended to host anyone. we were cut off from the main dining area, the servers seemed like they forgot about us at times and the food wasn't that good. Would not recommend this place go to Mustang Harry's instead
- DisappointingAnnaDined on 12/7/2013We were two couples stopping in for dinner and drinks before a show. It was very crowded and noisy, but that is to be expected if you go to dinner before a hockey game at the Garden. However, for a place that bills itself just for that reason, service was awful. The server was perfectly nice, but way overworked. We had to keep flagging someone down, when we could catch them. On the rare occasion that someone came through, they grabbed an empty glass off the table and literally ran away. The food was nothing special, but nothing terribly wrong with it. We ordered a variety of drinks including vodka & tonic, wine, and a bloody mary. All tasted watered down. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Fast, good and close to the GardenantbDined on 12/6/2013Went to this place prior to a basketball game with 4 adults and 4 kids. Told them we had about an hour to get in and out and they more then delivered during the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don"t go there for food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2013The service was good at first, until it got crowded, then we never saw our waitress for over 20 m minutes. The appetizers were good but the entrees were just plain awful. Frozen fish that was soggy and dried out french fries for the fish and chips. My son had the chicken fingers and they were almost burnt and dried out as well. The only good thing was the selection and portion of the single malt scotches that they carried.
- great pub vibejustmeDined on 11/22/2013pleasant laid-back ambiance, lively but not overly-so. top-notch fried calamari & fries for apps. the steak in my steak salad was a bit overcooked but was fine. quick friendly service. great location by penn station if you're heading to/from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had my reservation readyTonyDined on 11/8/2013They had my reservation ready for me. The food was great. The music was good even though it was loud.Special Features:
- Good food, never a disappointment!KenBrusselDined on 11/4/2013I usually eat here when I go to the city for an event at Madison Square Garden. The food's never a disappointment (my dining mate loves the Shepherds Pie, I usually get the Whiskey Chicken--now renamed Organic Chicken Breast). The waitress warned me that the chicken takes about 20 minutes to make (she knew we were on a time crunch) but that sounded fine to me. Came out right on schedule, piping hot and cooked all the way through. Most places when they rush it end up with raw chicken... but not Sally's! While not necessarily 'cheap' their pricing is average for Midtown. The food's delicious and portion size generous, so it's worth it.Special Features:
- Decent, but loudErikawakDined on 10/30/2013The drinks were very good - get the Bloody Mary! - and the food was serviceable, but the noise level made conversation almost impossible and the many screens, including one that came down right on top of us, did not make for the best experience.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerCaliforniaRootsVIPDined on 8/11/2013What a great opportunity! We needed a good restaurant with good food close to Penn Station and Mustang Sally's exceeded expectations. Every Dish ordered was delicious, flavorful ample portions that pleased every one of 5 diners that evening. Being early and Sunday worked in our favor. Low noise levels permitted good conversation. Great Beer selection, too. We look forward to our next gathering at Mustang Sally's.Special Features:
- Too much noise, spotty foodBurnnurseDined on 7/18/2013Went on a hotThursday evening and the place was full. We were seated at a very small table by the door (or would have had to wait). We had a sandwich and fish & chips - the sandwich was OK but the batter on my wife's fish & chips was soggy. The beer however was very good - I did mention it was a very hot (94 degrees and due point in 70s).