352 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mustangharrys.com/
- Phone: (212) 268-8930
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off site catering to suit your needs, feel free to inquire about this service anytime.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining to suit everybody, whether it is a party of 5 or a party of 50 we would be more then happy to serve you. Visit our website to view our Hors d"oeuvres, prix fixe and Buffet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sid 2122688930
- Entertainment: Feel like watching the game? We have over 20 large high definition televisions.
A word from Mustang Harry's
Feeling peckish? We have something to suit everyone at Harry’s! Our dining rooms can accommodate 250 people for dinner but still retain a cozy ambiance with many booths and private tables. We have two bars, the bar downstairs is 100 feet in length and is one of the longest in the city and is perfect for lively gatherings and is a great spot to chill out after a hard day at work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mustang Harry's reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good Choice for areaMsDebWDined on 10/4/2014First time at Mustang Harry's. We went because it was close to MSG and had a variety of food choices that was not too fancy. We were seated right away at a booth near the bar and it was not too noisy. The ambiance and décor is nice, casual, comfortable. The service was friendly. Food was served VERY fast. It was good but not great. The Salmon was tasty. The Ribs fell off the bone but a little overcooked. Shrimp Scampi was ok - not a large portion. It came with rice that was a little too chewy. The bill for 3 people with non-alcohol beverages and 2 deserts was a little steep ($116) but I guess that's on par for the area. I would go back again but next time I'd order burger and fries. The fries smelled awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fooddebsterDined on 8/1/2014Great place food was good and hot. Was in the city for blake shelton concert had no idea nash fm was going to be there. We had a great tine at Mustsng Harry'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Mustang Harry's reviews archive.
- Great for a reunioneatoutnycDined on 7/24/2014Went to Harry's to meet old friends and hang out. It worked out perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect LocationgneelyDined on 6/25/2014Whether you're looking for a place to meet someone who's coming from or going to Penn Station...or for that pre-/post- concert hangout, you can't go wrong with Mustang Harry's. The food is solid. The bar is large, it's just what you're looking for in a central location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCpalex73Dined on 6/22/2014I love this place. Came here many times for lunch with my coworkers. Brought my family on Sunday before the Liberty game. Everybody loved the food and service.Special Features:
- Great before the GardenelisaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Amazing Friendly and good food. The hostess was so so nice - We were late because of traffic and she found us a place to sit FUNSpecial Features:
- MSG MustNotOKVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great atmosphere and surprisingly delicious food prepared as requested. Lively Bar Scene & great pre-game find for NY Ranger Hockey FansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great staffLor1011Dined on 5/6/2014My husband & I enjoyed a lovely meal at Mustang Harry's during a holiday to New York. We were seated and served promptly with no overly long wait for the food to arrive. The meal itself was superb and very reasonably priced, the staff very efficient and very friendly and if we return to New York we would certainly return to Mustang Harry's....we were both really impressed.Special Features:
- pre hockey brunchleslorockstarDined on 4/20/2014If you ever get tickets to an afternoon Rangers game and want to eat first..highly recommend mustang Harry's brunch starting at 10:30 am ... get te unlimited cocktails option and you're all set! Eggs benny were perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experiencePhilDined on 4/7/2014Nice decor, well lit Friendly service. Hostess apologized in advance because one of the servers was out ill, so only one server. Order was timely, food was served timely, nice presentation, good food, prices a little high, but its the location. Will return if I need a place in the areaI would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a good place to go beforeJoe1Dined on 3/26/2014It is a good place to go before a game or show at MSG. It was way to loud. The music was so loud I had trouble talking with my clients across the table and hearing what they were saying. They did not need that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-concert dining!patt1Dined on 3/21/2014Great for pre-concert dining! Had a few beers, ate some salmon. Food was great! You should make reservations ahead of time, it get really crowded before a concert at the Garden. The staff was very friendly. My daughter thought her margarita was too strong, so they took it back for her and made it just right. No problem! It's very close to Madison Square Garden so the location was perfect for us. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger i ate in 4 days in njAmbra23Dined on 3/19/2014Me and my girlfriend were very satisfied. I ate a Burger, dont know the Name but it was awesome, so dont matter i think all Burgers Are Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a meal before MSG eventJjgnVIPDined on 3/16/2014Went for brunch service was good food was ok. Frittatta was slightly overdone but the rest of the meal was goodSpecial Features:
- Good food, weird vibessheila883Dined on 2/22/2014So I knew going in that this wasn't going to be the best restaurant in NYC, it's near Penn Station so really expectations were low. I didn't expect however to want to walk out once i got inside. The place was totally empty and smelled like dirty bar/bathroom/moldy towels. I wanted to leave but my friends insisted that we stay and just be patient. I'm glad we stayed because we ended up having a great brunch. The drink special was generous and they did not hold back on the mimosas! The food was good. The brunch food looked better than the regular food for the most part but we all left satisfied. Finally, the service was great. I feel bad because I think the waitress overheard my desire to leave at first but she was still a greater server.Special Features:
- A spot for the gardenGinaaaabinaaaaDined on 2/21/2014Mustang Harry's really put us in a great mindset for the concert we were going to.. They seated us upstairs which at any restuarant is a toss up of how it will be. He resturant had a great upstairs area which was playing a mix of justin timberlake a CDs. Our waitress was wonderful and very accomadating. She was quick with drinks and recommended great food. I would probably just get a few apps next time I went instead of a meal because we were SO for the concert. Food was quick and good!Special Features:
- Good and ReasonableNYNativeDined on 2/10/2014The menu is more or less basic pub food with a couple more interesting items. The food is well prepared and flavorful. The prices are very reasonable - much less than other similar places in the neighborhood. The service is outstanding. A great place to eat in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!jackieDined on 1/31/2014we absolutely enjoyed our dinner. waiter was amazing and food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Rangers game @ MSGMatserikDined on 1/14/2014Perfect place to meet for food, snack and drinks before a hockeygame, look out for their last page on the menu = Happy Hour on some food and drink alternativ between 5-7 friendly guests and friendly staff with good service and pretty good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgers and apps. HadGregDined on 12/7/2013Good burgers and apps. Had Fish n Chips that were not too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot before goingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/3/2013Perfect spot before going to Madison Square Garden !!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst waitress and serviceJohnDined on 12/3/2013We've been to Mustang Harry's a few times before concerts at MSG and it's generally been good. So when we convinced friends to join us there before Elton John we expected the same. But we got a terrible waitress that totally forgot about one of our meals, didn't even realize it (we had to point it out), and was barely apologetic. Worse, she and the manager barely did anything to rectify the situation. Not sure we'll return. Messing up is one thing, but not fixing it properly is inexcusable.
- it was oddElizabethDined on 11/30/2013The food and service was great. But the other customers who were seated near us were very odd. They kept staring a if they had no home training. It was very upsetting. Naturally, my dining partner and I stared right back. There was a couple who kept starting at our food, too. Next time, booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the mudtsngOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2013Food poor, loud, cramped , no atmosphere. Why would anyone eat here?
- upscale pub grub great on game nighOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013pre Knicks game, good menu, prompt service, quality food. Enjoyed our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was suprised on how fastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013I was suprised on how fast the food came out. The prices are great to be a restaurant located downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food andLolaDined on 11/15/2013Great service, good food and very close to the Garden makes it even better choice when attending an event.Special Features:
- Mustang Harry's best musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013The overall experience was a very good one. The food was delicious the service was tentative and the music was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Open TableNYC4LifeDined on 11/11/2013Upon arriving at Mustang Harry's, we informed the hostess that we had a reservation. She looked at the handwritten reservation list and said our name was there. I showed her the reservation conformation from Open Table on my iPhone. The hostess told us that they do not take reservations on Monday night. I then asked what was the reservation list she had checked for our name against. The rude hostess then gave a ridiculous excuse about not taking Online reservations on Monday. I explained to her that we booked the reservation through Mustang Harry's own website, and there was absolutely no disclaimer that online reservations were not accepted for Monday nights, or I would have simply called. The rude hostess did not honor the reservation.
- En route to Eagles' MSG ConcertFirstvisitDined on 11/11/2013We were pleased that the maitre d' provided us w/ a large table to accommodate our group of 7. The special beverage offerings, appetizers and entrees provided us w/ a variety of dishes.Our family members and friends enjoyed this first time visit. We will return. Smiles abounded as the background music increased our expectations for the evening. Thank you, Neal & Mustang Harry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal in shiftsTonyeatsDined on 11/6/2013My friend and I both ordered the same thing - the steak sandwich (medium rare) from the menu NOT the steak sandwich special. I made it a point of showing it to the waitress on the menu and remarked the special had peppers (which I can't have). After a long enough wait for something so simple, 2 specials arrived well done. My friend was starving so he started eating anyway. I sent mine back for the correct sandwich. My friend was done eating long before my sandwich arrived. If enough care was taken to pay attention to the original order we would have had a decent dining experience. My friend didn't like his sandwich but it was his own fault for not sending it back to begin with. Too many similar places near MSG for me to go back to Harry's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right next to MSG was the12njDined on 11/3/2013Right next to MSG was the positive.. It was just OK. Best thing again right next to MSG for events
- On line reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013I set my reservation up on line and got a confirmation number and when I got to the restaurant the hostess did not see my reservation. Luckily, we got there early and it wasn't an issue. But what happens if the place was mobbed. I suggest you make sure your online reservation works properly. Thank you.
- pre-game warm uprangerfanDined on 10/28/2013Reserved a table for 5:00. sat at the inviting bar instead. Good food, good crowd. Staff was excellent. will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Review....Foodie1Dined on 10/25/2013I made reservations for 5:30 through Open Table & received confirmation. When we arrived, I was told that they did not have my reservation. STRIKE 1 Next, we were being ushered to a table in the back, so I asked to be seated in a booth. I was told 2 people could not sit in a booth. I go to Mustang Harry's on a regular basis for lunch & dinner. Most of the time there are just 2 of us, and I ALWAYS sit in a booth. So I did not understand why I was being told this. STRIKE 2 As we are walking to our table, we looked at the booths...they ALL had only 2 people sitting at each booth. STRIKE 3 AND there were 2 or 3 empty booths available. My Waitress was AWESOME, so she took some of the sting away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ProfessionalJillMDined on 9/6/2013Good food, GREAT service. The staff took care of 6 of us with all the proper decorum. For casual dining, Harry's is a perfect place to meet friends.Special Features:
- The sizes are not huge whichbrunchgoerDined on 9/1/2013The sizes are not huge which is fine but it is a little expensive for what it is, it's reasonable I guess. For the area it's great. Their bloody Mary's are so so.Special Features:
- great food, great service,2todineforDined on 8/10/2013great food, great service, Menu a little limited for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy cheeseburgers & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2013Juicy cheeseburgers & delicious fries. Service was great. Convenient to the Garden for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinner and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2013Good for dinner and drinks before going to Madison Square Garden eventSpecial Features: