Mussel Bar & Grille - Revel
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $31 to $50
Mussel Bar & Grille - Revel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/select/mussel-bar
- Phone: 6092259851
- Hours of Operation:
All Day Happy Hour Lunch Mon-Fri 12pm-5pm
All Day Happy Hour Brunch Sat & Sun 11am-5pm
Build your own Bloody Mary Bar Sat & Sun 11am-5pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs 5pm-9:30pm Fri & Sat 5pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Robert Wiedmaier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Mussel Bar is the only restaurant-bar at Revel with a stage to showcase live music. Top rated rock bands/acts will perform most nights of the week and will be listed on our Facebook page.
- Special Events: Please contact Jen Lyon at Jennifer@musselbar.com
A word from Mussel Bar & Grille - Revel
Mussel Bar & Grille at Revel is Chef Robert Wiedmaier’s first extension of the popular gastro-pub outside the Washington, DC metro area. Paying homage to Wiedmaier's roots, the inspiration draws from an old-world Belgian roadhouse serving Bière, Moules & Frites, and other continental favorites along with a Belgian centric beer list. Mussel Bar & Grille blends the comfort of a pub, live rock and roll, the energy of a sports bar, and commitment to culinary excellence to raise "eating at the bar" to a whole new level. Chef Wiedmaier presents a menu that pairs his fine dining talent with a respect for his featured ingredient, mussels, in serving up sophisticated comfort food. With over 150 bottled beers most of which are exclusively carried, and 33 taps; Mussel Bar & Grille rocks the Revel dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mussel Bar & Grille - Revel - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Mussel Bar & Grille - Revel reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (26)hot spot (24)great for lunch (23)late-night find (23)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (14)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sad to see this location closeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been a fan of this location since it opened. So sad to see Revel and Mussel Bar close down. Hoping someone will purchase the property and reopen soon. Love the bottled and draft beer selection. Like none other in AC. Love the flatbreads, crab cake and variety of tomato aps.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Incredibly good. Best burger anywhere. Mussels and fries great. What a shame Revel is closingSpecial Features:
- Delicious mussels!JojoVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had a very savory mussel dish that included pancetta bacon, fingerling potatoes in a garlic leek broth. Yum! Wish I could have had the fried oysters discounted as a side dish to my mussels like they did with the pomme frites ( frozen fries ). Nevertheless, service was good, and the lunch was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great spot ... Too bad Revel!Tl23redDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, great service. mussels are fantastic. Too bad Revel is shutting down ...Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Food at Mussel Bar was amazing. My wife had Scallops over cauliflower purée and I had mussels Medittarean. The broth for the mussels was exquisite. I'm so hoping that they find another spot or reopen in something replaces Revel!! Would definitely eat there again - wanna taste the other mussel dishes!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & DeliciousJTACDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time, we ordered spicy shrimp, Belgian beer, mussels & fries. We got a discount by using our Revel points and the service was good! The only complaint was that the music was a little loud -but the 80s playlist was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waitressDelishfood12Dined on 8/7/2014I was excited to come here for my birthday dinner last night(August 7th). My friends and I got there the hostess was nice. We sat down and the waiters asked if we wanted drinks; orginally we did, but then we changed our minds. Once we told her no alcohol, she become so rude and cold for the rest of the night. That kind of waitress is what ruins a restaurant's reputation. I wish I remember her name but she didn't tell us her name from the start. She also ignored my friend who said thank you and have a great night as we were walking out. With that being said if she wasn't horrible, love the restaurant the food is delicious! The decor is also very uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmmmm!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The charcuterie was ok but the muddles and the scallops were amazing!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014DINNER CHOSE WAS THE MUSSELS WHICH THEY ARE KNOWN FOR. THE QUALITY WAS TERRIBLE. WILL NEVER RETURN. I GUESS WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO CLOSE JUST GET THE MONEY.Special Features:
- Mussel bar for a birthday dinner.Eatingwith4Dined on 8/2/2014Myself and 4 other guests ate at the restaurant. The food was amazing! Everything we ate was perfect. We were seated out front which we didn't really enjoy....loud intoxicated casino guests passing by.... Service was okay a little slower than we were anticipating. But again the food was perfect we all enjoyed our entrees and had a great night at the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itBethrezDined on 7/29/2014AC has some very good restaurants and this is one of the best. I had the cod and my husband had the chicken with porcini pierogi. Both were perfectly prepared and delicious. The very best part of the meal was the cheese plate we had as an appetizer. The cheese and accompaniments were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjltVIPDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I truly enjoyed this meal. It was the highlight of our stay at the Revel Hotel. The beer list was impressive. Each course was better than the last. Our dessert was out of this world. Thank you for the wonderful experience. Our server couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.Special Features:
- Once In a Life TimeTempletonDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were attending the Queen + Adam Lambert Concert. We didn't realize Mussel Bar was a distance from Boardwalk Hall. No problem until we realized Revel is at the very end of the boardwalk. No wonder business is slow. The waitress was fine but the staff including the waitress kept hawking. Really, let us enjoy our cocktail, ambience and meal. Don't see going back.
- Fantastic food, fabulous serviceLovemussels8Dined on 7/17/2014Went for a nice dinner with expectations that were easily exceeded. Had a great special appetizer of fresh warm mozz. Great mussels. Fantastic selection of wines and beer. Our server was a stud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to come backPtichkaDined on 7/17/2014I like the place. The beer and wine selection is awesome. Mussels are perfectly done no matter which one you order. Perfect for lunch and dinner if you don't want to dress up and spend evening in flats after party a night beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the oysters, skip dessert.MAMBODined on 7/17/2014Went for mussels & oysters based on other reviews. Oysters were fabulous-cold, briny & delicious. Sauce with the mussels was excellent. One disappointment was the size of the mussels; they were the small, farm sized mussels you can buy in your grocery store in a net bag. I was hoping for the larger, meatier wild mussels. Dessert list was mediocre. Although chocolate might be the base for the best selling dessert, some diners like other options. Other than ice cream, the only non-chocolate dessert was pineapple upside down cake. In mid-July, how about peach melba, fruit topped panna cotta, cheesecake? We skipped dessert altogether.Special Features:
- JoanRDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent. My husband had a clam appetizer that had a really wonderful broth with vegetables. I had the raw oysters. We both had a skirt steak that was delicious. Our server was a very friendly young lady who was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSusHDined on 7/5/2014Not terribly expensive considering the location, and the food was amazing. Just delicious. The garlic mashed potatoes were heavenly. They have a great selection of beers on tap too.Special Features:
- great meal!lala26Dined on 7/2/2014It was a last minute decision to go there and we were so happy! The food was delicious and the service was great! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodmujukianDined on 7/1/2014Good service, great food. Carlos was a great server. My gf and I had an awesome dinner night, with a bottle of wine, calamari, oysters and mussels. Everything was amazing. We tried the thai curry mussels. Ask for an extra bucket of bread to dip into deliciousnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2014Great beer selection, particularly from Belgium. Had a cheese plate and the Mediterranean mussels. Both were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Mussel BarSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 6/27/2014The atmosphere - loved the dimmed light setting; it was quiet enough to have conversation among your party; enjoyed the live musical performance. The service was outstanding. The food, especially the roasted beet salad, white wine mussels, and grilled mahi mahi was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notable beer listingridDined on 6/26/2014Best Mussels and notable beer list!! We love dining at Mussels: in fact,we've eaten there three times in the last two weeks.Special Features:
- Differentken29VIPDined on 6/22/2014The menu was different. Many items to choose from. We had the mussel with potato and garlic and the kobe hamburger. Both meals were outstanding. Our waitress was great. However she seemed to be the only one working. She had a few tables so the service could have been a little better. Overall very good. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, amazing food!kenosDined on 6/21/2014Big selection of beers and rare beers, food is amazing! Something you'll have to experience for sure.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Everything was excellent...regular customer... Menu is fabulous..Special Features:
- Awesome Foodgrandma3Dined on 6/15/2014This is our fourth time going to Mussels and we were not disappointed. Obviously, the mussels are outstanding. The pizza's are wonderful. The staff is very attentive and friendly. We have reservations for September at the Revel and will definitely be back to Mussels for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Day DinnerwifebdayDined on 6/15/2014Went for dinner and had a wonderful time.Great mussel's and my wife had the salmon that she said was exclellent. I was tempted to try the drink specials but opted not . Great beer selection. had a few of my favorite brews.Special Features:
- Usually a good timeRBSIIDined on 6/13/2014I usually have a good experience at Mussel. I love the brunch here. Most recently stopped here for dinner. The food was good but the service was questionable. They had live music though which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatyoungchef26Dined on 6/12/2014Consistently Great food,atmosphere, a beer and wine list like no other and the best restaurant in RevelSpecial Features:
- slow service and cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/7/2014After waiting 20 mins to be approached to take our drink & appetizer order we waited 15 mins for drinks & an hour for a cheese plate. No one told us what everything was on the platter and no bread was served with the cheeses. we were going to be late for the concert we were attending. We have only seen our server once so I got up to find her. I requested she check on our food & bring the check. When our food finally came my steak was ice cold. The butter it came with didn't even melt. We also had a pizza which was ok and the Mahi Mahi which was terrible. I returned my steak. From my seat I could see the manager roll her eyes. It was a horrible experience. I never ate. I will never go back.
- If staying at Revel...Livthedans321Dined on 6/2/2014If you stay at Revel in AC this is the best place to go for dinner. They specialize in mussels and do a good job with them. The chicken fried calamari was also tasty. There were other menu items I wanted to try too. Other menu items fell short. Unfortunately they were out of my preferred dessert. On the other hand, the beers were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014The mussels in any sauce they have is AMAZING. The oysters are so fresh. The honey bbq glazed wings were finger licking good. I only wish I had more room in my stomach to eat more. They have a $5 build your own bloody mary special on Sunday's. It def. works for me because I like it with extra olives and extra tabasco sauce! The prices aren't too too cheap, but it's definitely affordable.Special Features:
- Excellent PEIsSarbelloJDined on 5/29/2014My wife and I liked this place a lot. More of a relaxed atmosphere, which was nice for a pre-show meal - but kinda pricey. Did not mind, however, once we were served out entrees. We both got the mussells which come out in the actula pans they're cooked in! I got the Mediterranean & she got the Spicey Thai Green Curry - both EXCELLENT. Also, the fact that they have Chimay Beer on tap will ensure that I come back. Very notable Beer List.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placePtichkaDined on 5/25/2014Other all nice place with good food. Prices are fair. Impressed by beer list, even tried one kind (I don't drink beer at all) and my experience was awesome. Loved that cherry beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun start to Saturday nightsas0511Dined on 5/24/2014Reserved a table here with two other couples on Saturday night. Great reviews all around - highly recommend Chef's selection cheese plate to share & Meditterranean mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!JackieDined on 5/24/2014We love this place! The staff is friendly and attentive. There's always new dishes to try either on the menu or specials they're running. You can tell the Chef puts a lot of time in creating his dishes. The servers are always helpful in directing you around the menu, especially through their gigantic beer list. It's def a must try in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced everythingBQMDDined on 5/24/2014Salmon was undercooked and Mahi Mahi had large piece of fatty tissue. Drink list was extensive, beer selection was very good.
- Don't let the casual appearance..JackieDined on 5/22/2014Don't let the casual appearance fool you - this place is top notch. Food and service are both up to par. You can tell everything is fresh and made from scratch unlike many of the other casino restaurants in town. The service is friendly and attentive and the servers remember your face after just a few visits. We try to get here at least once a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back many times!JackieDined on 5/21/2014Had a phenomenal dinner here. My server Lauren was friendly and definitely believed in the product. There's nothing better than when a server truly loves the food they're selling. Our meal was delicious! We got the Scallops that were local over a cauliflower puree - perfect combination, and the Gruyere Mussels. My husband has a few dietary restrictions that he was concerned about and Jen the manager was great assuring that they could accommodate us. You need to try this place! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.