Muss & Turner's
1675 Cumberland Parkway, Suite 309
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Muss & Turner's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mussandturners.com/
- Phone: 7704341114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:30pm Counter Service Sunday Brunch/Lunch: 11:30am - 5:30pm Full Table Service All dinner hours are full table service: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10pm NOTE: Please do not use Garmin or other GPS devices. Follow directions on our web site http://www.mussandturners.com/child/contact/contact01.htm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine - Dameren Parenteau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If we are able to do it for you we will. From pre-cooked dinner parties to office lunches to specialty beef or fish orders, we're here for you. - Picnic Coolers for Chastain / Concerts - Wine & Cheese Platters - Dinner Parties - Office Lunches - Cocktail Receptions - Wedding & Baby Showers
- Private Party Facilities: Muss & Turner's will also consider closing to the public on a regular night of business for groups of 75 or less, but that is determined on a case by case basis.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Turner 770-434-1114
- Cross Street: Atlanta Road at East West Connector
- Public Transit: Cobb County Transit has a bus stop directly in front of Muss & Turner's on Cumberland Parkway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Please do not use Garmin or other GPS devices to locate us. They do not recognize our location. Directions are on our web site at http://www.mussandturners.com/child/contact/contact01.htm
A word from Muss & Turner's
Deli-by-day | Seasonal Bistro-by night and Specialty Food Store in between. Deli Counter: Huge sandwiches, made with house-roasted and cooked meats, poultry and fish and artisan baked bread. We make our own mayonnaise. Seasonal Bistro: NO culinary boundaries & NO pretense. "Come and be who you are" atmosphere. Always fresh and as local as possible for produce and proteins from lamb to chicken. We make our own pasta, cut our fries to provide a true artisanal dining experience. The dinner menu changes regularly, and often daily, to match the seasons and give our chef's creative freedom. Our wine list is esoteric with over 25 wines by the glass. Our beer list is a broad mix of micros to innovative custom brews from around the globe. 6 beers on draft and always changing. Unique Specialty Foods: Enjoy an expanded selection of hand-picked cured meats, cheeses, chocolate, artisan soy sauce and the best fresh roasted coffee you've ever had. Welcome! We're glad you're here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Muss & Turner's - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Muss & Turner's reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (51)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (30)notable wine list (28)good for groups (24)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (22)romantic (21)hot spot (21)late-night find (16)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Find!FosterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I tried this restaurant for the first time and it was delicious! Our server Patrick was attentive but not overbearing. Made some great recommendations on food selection. Great atmosphere for a date night. A special little treat if you walk through the large "freezer door" in the back of the restaranut and visit Eleanor's! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- AndiDined on 8/15/2014Usually a great time but our waiter was a little overwhelmed so the service suffered. However we got 2 free glasses of wine for our troubles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious, never disappointsAcademicSocialiteVIPDined on 8/9/2014We eat and drink at Muss & Turner's about once a month or so and we're never disappointed. The burger is definitely the best in Atlanta. Soups & salads are delicious, the cocktails are perfect and the larger plates are always memorable. Service is always well-informed, friendly and warm. We are so lucky to live nearby!Special Features:
- Excellent - great place to hangoutOut2findgemDined on 8/9/2014Go and enjoy Great place to hang out, have a drink and some good food. Recommendations from our server was the best. We ordered his auggestions and it was excellent . The goat cheesecake was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrelynVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always a great meal in a relaxing, comfortable setting. The menu options change frequently according to what is fresh and available from local farms. A good wine list with a wide variety. Servers are always friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable. This is one of our regular go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check Your Credit Card StatementChrisDVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food is fine--but they have charged my credit card incorrectly on two separate occasions. Once is an isolated incident, but twice means there is either an incompetence or a server dishonesty issue. I dine out at least 100 times per year, and this is the only restaurant in the past several years where I have had any problem. There are many better choices--so think twice before dining here.
- Very good time in the speakeasyJimmyDined on 7/28/2014The deviled eggs appetizer was mediocre... too much mayo not enough other flavors. But I had a trout entree (served with kale and smoked tomatoes) that was outstanding. I also appreciated the fact that they have Ballast Point on tap now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience at MTAtldine2niteDined on 7/26/2014I've heard about MT for a long time, and this was our first visit --- they did not disappoint! the restaurant was very loud, and the host suggested that we could sit inside or outside, we chose outside - Patrick was our waiter, great guide to the menu, and helpful, attentive, and friendly. The food was spot on - all flavors seemed just right - not overdone, but just right ---- what a great experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!manderpsiDined on 7/26/2014Food was awesome and our server Patrick did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LadyGatorDined on 7/23/2014The staff is very laid back and friendly. The food is always on point. I had the BLT Trout and it was awesome. Deviled eggs and pimento cheese are great starters for a smaller group. It's right down the road from my house, which makes it even better. My only gripe is the parking. There really isn't enough of it. I circled the parking lot twice before I gave up and parked across the street. Not really their fault, just worth noting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come HungryBrunchLadyDined on 7/20/2014The service was excellent, Katia was our server. Food was delicious. Our table we tried the fish and grits, the BuckNasty, the smoked pork sandwich, the fritta and the MT breakfast, everyone ENJOYED their meals. It was fabulous.Special Features:
- Awesome As UsualTobyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Papa Max - H&F Bagel with kippered salmon, cream cheese, rosemary, capers and a nice salad with a great vinaigrette and a side of potato hash. Just delicious. My wife had the burger and fries and it was awesome as usual. No Black Maple Hill Bourbon though! Everyone is out, even the restaurants! One of the best places to chow in the ATL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointed and not to come backDisappointedEnthusiastDined on 7/18/2014I am a huge foodie enthusiast. I have been in love with Local Three for so long & have been to Muss & Turners for the very reason that it is owned by the same team. However, this night out at M&T was the worst experience & I am sad to say that I will not return. Service to me goes hand in hand with the food. The food was decent that night, but because the service was so poor, I cannot come back. We even had someone come over & offer us something while we were waiting on our Appetizers, so she kindly offered us bread. We waited & then the appetizers ended up coming out before the complimentary flat bread shows up. My fiance asked for one item- mustard. He waited on eating his burger, the mustard never came, we asked for our check and left.Special Features:
- Excellent foodalexandriaDined on 7/16/2014Food was great. Ordered cheese plate, wings, rabbit and meze. All were amazingly prepared despite being last reservation of the night.Special Features:
- Creative MenuChrisCDined on 7/14/2014Interesting items on the menu - nothing outstanding, food was OK. Desserts good but portions a bit too large. Extremely loud - an AC was on high - inside so if you are going to have a real conversation with someone and not freeze its best to sit outside.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great dining experience at Muss & Turners. The portions were really generous for the price. The staff was very attentive, especially Izabella. We will definitely come back. Desserts are a must. I loved the Blueberry pie.Special Features:
- surprise bar in backsurprisedDined on 7/10/2014I loved coming here with my husband and taking him to the back bar which is behind a cooler door....so cool he thought I was doing something naughty but nice dim room and comfortable seating with great cheeseburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Brunch2013JAVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was my first visit to Muss & Turner's and I can't believe I hadn't eaten there before. I had the Huevos Rancheros and it was delicious to a point that it looked like I had licked my plate. The salsa had amazing flavor. My friend had the M&T Breakfast and said it was also very tasty. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:
- YayasDined on 7/2/2014Interesting options for entrees, well prepared and presented beautifully. Food was exceeded by the wonderful service, friendly and knowledgeable staff. A lovely evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmmmYummy1Dined on 7/1/2014As always, Muss & Turner's is consistent, delicious and inventive. We opted to sit in Eleanor's (the super double top secret speakeasy) for a quieter meal. We enjoyed a brilliant dish with roasted chick peas, olives, tomatoes, squash and spices. It was like summer in a bowl. We had a blueberry and peach salad with M&T's famous Big Green Egg grilled chicken- not a your regular ole salad...this one was super fresh, bursting with flavor, and the goat cheese really brought all the flavors together. Of course, the cocktails are not to miss. Muss & Turner's is our go-to place, you never know what's on the menu, but you always find something new and delicious. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- A great Place!TrainkcVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have eaten here twice and its fantastic! I can't wait to visit againSpecial Features:
- Drink!CoolcryDined on 6/29/2014The drinks are fabulous! The food is sometimes difficult to imagine or comprehend. That makes it an adventure when the food comes out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceLocal3FANVIPDined on 6/28/2014Not from Atlanta - Always eat here when I'm in town! Food is OUTSTANDING and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Loved Muss & Turner'sJerryDined on 6/28/2014The food and the portions were perfect. Very attentive staff. Nice atmosphere. Excellent beer and wine choices. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- foodeatoutDined on 6/27/2014Best burger you will ever have. Also, their proscuitto, chicarrones and camarones (cerviche) is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great findGussadogDined on 6/23/2014This restaurant was referenced several times in a cookbook that I bought. On my next business trip through Atlanta I made a point of stopping by and checking it out for myself, I'm so glad that I did. The menu was incredible with lots of things that I can't get in the Seattle area. The blend of flavors was great, really a good find. The atmosphere was casual and comfortable that you could come with buddies for a beer or bring the family. I'd go back if I'm in the Atlanta area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burger is a must.CaldwellDined on 6/20/2014Jason and the rest of the staff are the reason I keep going back. They manages visit to the table even when things are going great shows a vested interest in the actual people. Good bourbon and beer selection. The burger is one of the best I've had in Atlanta. The fries are great and make sure you ask for the off menu dipping sauces. And you can't leave without getting a warm chocolate chip cookie. Overall a very good experience. I will absolutely be going back and telling all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJimmyDined on 6/6/2014Great food, nice menu, very affordable wine list. The speakeasy in the back is a great place to go after dinner too.Special Features:
- Luv M&TNotcooking2niteDined on 6/2/2014Wonderful choices for apps, small & large plates --- great cheeses & charcuterie, tartare & dreamy chicken liver mousse / Terrific wine , beer & cocktail options --walked thru the secret bar -- Eleanor's & found it pleasantly buzzing on a Monday nite after 9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal, no fussinessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2014Muss & Turner's is always an excellent meal. Their food is top-notch, as is their staff. And their bar list is phenomenal. Always a great selection of beers (draft and bottle), wine, and a full bar. The atmosphere is laid-back and not fussy, which is ideal for us.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodsakismomDined on 5/19/2014The mussels are the best I have ever had. They are cleaned and prepared in a way that you want more and more. The wait staff knows the menu and can make wonderful suggestions that are right on. A great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- speak easygetdatsandwichDined on 5/19/2014Great pulled pork sandwich! Pickled jalapenos are awesome too. Has a secret back room bar - pretty stinking cool.Special Features:
- YUM!Love2eatDined on 5/18/2014Brunch is a must at Muss & Turner's. We got to sit in the "secret" back room with that beautiful bar...I had no idea it existed! Food was excellent. Will be back!!!Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014The bar was awesome. ..the food was great...not to mention the fresh baked goodsSpecial Features:
- Not Quite on the MarkbobmccullochVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is a combo take-out fancy food/dine-in place. Very family friendly & casual. Great service. Seemed overpriced to me. My food was okay to good, not great; interesting combos of ingredients which didn't quite hit the mark. I had the duck nam tok as a small dish: large portion, tasty but heavy on the salt/fish sauce. For my large plate I had the pork belly which came with greens similar to those in the duck dish, tart strawberries (not good), pearl onions & some curry-like sauce. Not a great flavor combo. I'd never had pork belly, but mine was mostly two big slabs of fat, which I would not eat, with a little rather crusty pork. Hubby's diver scallops were huge & well-cooked, but the sauce + mushrooms overwhelmed the scallops' flavor.Special Features:
- Love the wine list!SAMafDined on 5/14/2014Great wine list, huge variety of beers, and delicious food - love having a spot like this in Smyrna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in townKikiNMDined on 5/10/2014I've eaten a burger at almost every notable burger joint in town. This was the best I've had in Atlanta. Amazing!!! The Poblano pepper added just the right amount of kick. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Fantastic BurgerlumMeSomeBeersDined on 5/3/2014I had an early dinner here, so it was not very crowded and pretty quiet. I ordered a burger (medium) and it was cooked to perfection and I must admit was the best burger I've had in a long time. The only complaint I have is that my girlfriend ordered the steak small plate and asked for it medium-well, and most of it was barely medium, much less medium-well. The prices are also a bit high, especially for alcohol. Please note that almost all of the draft beers are not pints, but 13oz pours, even if they are not high alcohol brews. Other than that, it was a great experience. The food was great and the service was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food Great Servers!AustinMDined on 5/2/2014Muss & Turner's has been a favorite dining spot of ours for years which makes their fresh, seasonal menu all the more enticing. Nothing is worse than seeing the same tired dishes and this is NEVER a worry at M&T. Try to stop yourself at a small plate or two, it's not possible. We can't pass up the fabulous beef tartare and if we're especially hungry, the charcuterie plate. The cheese selection is phenomenal. The dessert array has something for every sweet tooth. The seasonal large plates really steal the show. They are imaginative, tasty and beautifully presented. The food quality is second to none. Locally grown/procured (when possible), all ingredients are the best they can possibly be. Eat here, you'll be back.Special Features:
- Neverending great expericenceKathyVIPDined on 4/24/2014Love Muss & Turner - keep up the great work is all I can say.Special Features:
- The following 499 reviews are from the Muss & Turner's reviews archive.