Muss & Turner's
1675 Cumberland Parkway, Suite 309
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Muss & Turner's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mussandturners.com/
- Phone: (770) 434-1114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:30pm Counter Service Sunday Brunch/Lunch: 11:30am - 5:30pm Full Table Service All dinner hours are full table service: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10pm NOTE: Please do not use Garmin or other GPS devices. Follow directions on our web site http://www.mussandturners.com/child/contact/contact01.htm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine - Dameren Parenteau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If we are able to do it for you we will. From pre-cooked dinner parties to office lunches to specialty beef or fish orders, we're here for you. - Picnic Coolers for Chastain / Concerts - Wine & Cheese Platters - Dinner Parties - Office Lunches - Cocktail Receptions - Wedding & Baby Showers
- Private Party Facilities: Muss & Turner's will also consider closing to the public on a regular night of business for groups of 75 or less, but that is determined on a case by case basis.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Turner 770-434-1114
- Cross Street: Atlanta Road at East West Connector
- Public Transit: Cobb County Transit has a bus stop directly in front of Muss & Turner's on Cumberland Parkway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Please do not use Garmin or other GPS devices to locate us. They do not recognize our location. Directions are on our web site at http://www.mussandturners.com/child/contact/contact01.htm
A word from Muss & Turner's
Deli-by-day | Seasonal Bistro-by night and Specialty Food Store in between. Deli Counter: Huge sandwiches, made with house-roasted and cooked meats, poultry and fish and artisan baked bread. We make our own mayonnaise. Seasonal Bistro: NO culinary boundaries & NO pretense. "Come and be who you are" atmosphere. Always fresh and as local as possible for produce and proteins from lamb to chicken. We make our own pasta, cut our fries to provide a true artisanal dining experience. The dinner menu changes regularly, and often daily, to match the seasons and give our chef's creative freedom. Our wine list is esoteric with over 25 wines by the glass. Our beer list is a broad mix of micros to innovative custom brews from around the globe. 6 beers on draft and always changing. Unique Specialty Foods: Enjoy an expanded selection of hand-picked cured meats, cheeses, chocolate, artisan soy sauce and the best fresh roasted coffee you've ever had. Welcome! We're glad you're here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Muss & Turner's reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (24)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (12)special occasion (8)late-night find (8)romantic (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Spent the night there as a date on a Monday, still very busy but the service was very attentive still. Very cool atmosphere as you can sit at the counter and look into the kitchen and watch the chefs work. Food was very expensive and was only okay, definitely not anything to write home aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMerfDined on 11/23/2014We waited a very long time for our food during brunch. My dish was the bucknastys morning after and it was not good. The brisket was all fat and mostly inedible. The severs could have been more attentive and the restaurant wasn't incredibly busy. I had heard really good things but was disappointed. Our pimento cheese app was good and the bar seemed cool. I would come back for drinks.
- ShellyDined on 11/9/2014The waiter wasn't attentive, it was very noisy (not our thing), the air conditioner was broken so it was hot, but the food was very good.Special Features:
- Good but keeping an eye outRaulDined on 11/8/2014M&Ts is still a great place to grab a bite and Eleanor's on the back is pretty cool. I have to say, though, that perhaps the focus on quality on the food has slipped a little? Three of us ordered medium-cooked burgers and they were medium-well to well-done. Didn't say anything as we were tight on time (and they still tasted good) but I have come to expect better cooking at M&Ts. I love that they still will make my favorite cocktail even though it is no longer on the cocktail menu (bring back Burt B.!).Special Features:
- excellent local diningNickw865Dined on 11/8/2014very friendly wait-staff - excellent food - somewhat loud but it was relatively early and not too distracting - will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner disappointmentMariettaMooreVIPDined on 11/1/2014We've been for lunch, so we decided to try dinner. We were disappointed. My wife's salad was not entree size despite the cost. My bbq sandwich was heavy on bacon, light on bbq and the horseradish slaw... an expensive dinner sandwich when only served with a pickle. Their selection of beer and wine took some of the disappointment away. Think we'll stick to lunch.
- M&T disappointstwalterVIPDined on 10/26/2014We managed to sneak into Eleanor's where we have had several great experiences. Bartender Josh was top notch as usual. Atmosphere is delightfully funky. Food not so delightful. Devilled eggs were great. burger was a serviceable burger. Beef brisket pot pie which the server recommended enthusiastically was terrible. Dry pastry, no sauce and no flavor in the overcooked beef and veggies.Special Features:
- Good food...good service.bluesailDined on 10/25/2014Really enjoyed the food. My husband and I shared the apple salad though it was missing the cheddar cheese. I had the Reuben and my husband had clams and a beef pot roast dish. Dessert was a tasty pear and cranberry tart. Yum! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skodonneDined on 10/24/2014The food was great but I felt like I was eating in a deli. I had a reservation and was still sat at a hightop in a very crammed part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Place for many occasionsFoopieloopies1VIPDined on 10/24/2014I've been visiting this place for a long time. It has become one of my favorites. The food is farm to table. The people who work there feel like my own real life friends! They have the coolest bar in the city, the best burger in town and one of the most comprehensive wine list in any resturant. The food options are flexible. Have a sandwich or get a high end entree. Have a German beer or just get a coke. The brilliance of this place is they can adjust to whatever you are feeling. The good folks there are great people and I suggest you visit anytime--you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddbukeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Took awhile to get the service started but after that it was attentive. Salad and appetizer were delicious but was really looking forward to the brisket pot pie - it was stew served in a large bowl with a square of pastry floating in the middle. This is NOT a pot pie, please don't label it as such. The flavor was good but the brisket was pretty much non-existent. So disappointed in this over-priced entree. The aroma from the kitchen was wonderful - may have to return at lunch to try the sandwiches.Special Features:
- Wonderful surprise!AltantaDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014A great neighborhood gem and worth the drive! One of the best BBQ sandwiches we have ever enjoyed. Loved the apple salad with cheddar cheese. Great reasonably priced wine list. Our waiter, Josh, provided outstanding service. We will return and request Josh when we make our next reservation.Special Features:
- Outstanding!KellyandMichaelVIPDined on 10/12/2014First time for me, second for my husband, all in the same week! Friendly welcome and service, clean and organized. The Burger, was the best burger I've had in Atlanta. All of the flavors merge perfectly together, the beef, poblano pepper, cheese, red onion and aioli on the bun, and to top it off, I ordered bacon on it also - Wow! Just thinking about it makes me want to run out for another one. We ate at the bar in the speakeasy Eleanor, located behind a large steel door in the back - how cool is that?? The front restaurant and the deli looked very inviting also, will try that section next time. Everything was fantastic overall. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- real Neighborhood Gem!2inaCanoeDined on 10/10/2014I have been enjoying this restaurant for many years. They put care and attention to detail in everything they do. THe food quality is GREAT and the prices are very reasonable. This is our "go to" locations whenever we have guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationcmp56Dined on 10/3/2014The food was fabulous, the devil eggs had a twist with the anchovies which added another layer of flavor. The new menu has trout and scallops my friends plate was clean so I must say each entree was. 10. Don't forget dessert chocolate pudding cup, the white brownie and the red velvet whoopsie pie each was great.Special Features:
- Good food but not budget friendlyLeahDined on 9/19/2014Tried M&T for Friday night dinner with another couple. We knew going into it that the entrees were pricy but expected the portions to be in line with the price. Unfortunately this was not the case; hence the three stars. The shock somewhat marred the experience for us. If we go back, we now know to stick with one of the sandwiches. If we do return, I'll certainly provide an updated review. On a positive note, the adjoining Eleanor bar has a great speakeasy feel. We will go back there.Special Features:
- Never DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014We have been to Muss & Turner's many times, but went for brunch for the first time this past Sunday. It was incredible. We will definitely be returning! We could barely make up our mind's on what to order, so we have to go back to try everything on the menu. Best restaurant in Smyrna/Vinnings by far!Special Features:
- My favorite burgereinysmomDined on 9/13/2014We have visited M&T many times both dinner and lunch. I love their lunch menu. Their burger is my absolute favorite and the swifty or the ruben are divine as well. Don't forget to order the yummy fries.Special Features:
- Surprise!JimFDined on 8/31/2014We received a gift card for Muss & Turner's and was pleasantly surprised by the eclectic menu and the quality of the experience. Very nice place! Very friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of our favorite places to go. The burger and the BBQ sandwich are both great. Be sure to order several different dipping sauces to go with the fries, especially the garlic aioli and sambal aioli!!Special Features:
- Love M&TFrankDined on 8/24/2014Always have a good time at M&T between service, selection, and food. Will continue to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!FosterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I tried this restaurant for the first time and it was delicious! Our server Patrick was attentive but not overbearing. Made some great recommendations on food selection. Great atmosphere for a date night. A special little treat if you walk through the large "freezer door" in the back of the restaranut and visit Eleanor's! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- AndiDined on 8/15/2014Usually a great time but our waiter was a little overwhelmed so the service suffered. However we got 2 free glasses of wine for our troubles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious, never disappointsAcademicSocialiteVIPDined on 8/9/2014We eat and drink at Muss & Turner's about once a month or so and we're never disappointed. The burger is definitely the best in Atlanta. Soups & salads are delicious, the cocktails are perfect and the larger plates are always memorable. Service is always well-informed, friendly and warm. We are so lucky to live nearby!Special Features:
- Excellent - great place to hangoutOut2findgemDined on 8/9/2014Go and enjoy Great place to hang out, have a drink and some good food. Recommendations from our server was the best. We ordered his auggestions and it was excellent . The goat cheesecake was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrelynVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always a great meal in a relaxing, comfortable setting. The menu options change frequently according to what is fresh and available from local farms. A good wine list with a wide variety. Servers are always friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable. This is one of our regular go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 534 reviews are from the Muss & Turner's reviews archive.
- Check Your Credit Card StatementChrisDVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food is fine--but they have charged my credit card incorrectly on two separate occasions. Once is an isolated incident, but twice means there is either an incompetence or a server dishonesty issue. I dine out at least 100 times per year, and this is the only restaurant in the past several years where I have had any problem. There are many better choices--so think twice before dining here.
- Very good time in the speakeasyJimmyVIPDined on 7/28/2014The deviled eggs appetizer was mediocre... too much mayo not enough other flavors. But I had a trout entree (served with kale and smoked tomatoes) that was outstanding. I also appreciated the fact that they have Ballast Point on tap now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience at MTAtldine2niteDined on 7/26/2014I've heard about MT for a long time, and this was our first visit --- they did not disappoint! the restaurant was very loud, and the host suggested that we could sit inside or outside, we chose outside - Patrick was our waiter, great guide to the menu, and helpful, attentive, and friendly. The food was spot on - all flavors seemed just right - not overdone, but just right ---- what a great experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!manderpsiDined on 7/26/2014Food was awesome and our server Patrick did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LadyGatorVIPDined on 7/23/2014The staff is very laid back and friendly. The food is always on point. I had the BLT Trout and it was awesome. Deviled eggs and pimento cheese are great starters for a smaller group. It's right down the road from my house, which makes it even better. My only gripe is the parking. There really isn't enough of it. I circled the parking lot twice before I gave up and parked across the street. Not really their fault, just worth noting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come HungryBrunchLadyDined on 7/20/2014The service was excellent, Katia was our server. Food was delicious. Our table we tried the fish and grits, the BuckNasty, the smoked pork sandwich, the fritta and the MT breakfast, everyone ENJOYED their meals. It was fabulous.Special Features:
- Awesome As UsualTobyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Papa Max - H&F Bagel with kippered salmon, cream cheese, rosemary, capers and a nice salad with a great vinaigrette and a side of potato hash. Just delicious. My wife had the burger and fries and it was awesome as usual. No Black Maple Hill Bourbon though! Everyone is out, even the restaurants! One of the best places to chow in the ATL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointed and not to come backDisappointedEnthusiastDined on 7/18/2014I am a huge foodie enthusiast. I have been in love with Local Three for so long & have been to Muss & Turners for the very reason that it is owned by the same team. However, this night out at M&T was the worst experience & I am sad to say that I will not return. Service to me goes hand in hand with the food. The food was decent that night, but because the service was so poor, I cannot come back. We even had someone come over & offer us something while we were waiting on our Appetizers, so she kindly offered us bread. We waited & then the appetizers ended up coming out before the complimentary flat bread shows up. My fiance asked for one item- mustard. He waited on eating his burger, the mustard never came, we asked for our check and left.Special Features:
- Excellent foodalexandriaDined on 7/16/2014Food was great. Ordered cheese plate, wings, rabbit and meze. All were amazingly prepared despite being last reservation of the night.Special Features:
- Creative MenuChrisCDined on 7/14/2014Interesting items on the menu - nothing outstanding, food was OK. Desserts good but portions a bit too large. Extremely loud - an AC was on high - inside so if you are going to have a real conversation with someone and not freeze its best to sit outside.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great dining experience at Muss & Turners. The portions were really generous for the price. The staff was very attentive, especially Izabella. We will definitely come back. Desserts are a must. I loved the Blueberry pie.Special Features:
- surprise bar in backsurprisedDined on 7/10/2014I loved coming here with my husband and taking him to the back bar which is behind a cooler door....so cool he thought I was doing something naughty but nice dim room and comfortable seating with great cheeseburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Brunch2013JAVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was my first visit to Muss & Turner's and I can't believe I hadn't eaten there before. I had the Huevos Rancheros and it was delicious to a point that it looked like I had licked my plate. The salsa had amazing flavor. My friend had the M&T Breakfast and said it was also very tasty. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:
- YayasDined on 7/2/2014Interesting options for entrees, well prepared and presented beautifully. Food was exceeded by the wonderful service, friendly and knowledgeable staff. A lovely evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.