415 Couch Dr.
Oklahoma City, OK 73102Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.okcmoa.com/cafe/
- Phone: 4052356262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Henry Boudreaux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering including event planning services
- Private Party Facilities: Private party option - banquet rooms leased through Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Private Party Contact: Ahmad Farnia & Lauren Cates 4052356262
- Entertainment: Every Thursday night from May to October we feature a full cash bar and live music on the rooftop of the museum from 5-10:30.
A word from Museum Cafe
The Museum Cafe is a full service restaurant, located on the ground floor of the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, offering fine dining with an International-fusion menu. Its superb ambiance is matched by an amazing wine list and features freshly prepared food utilizing seasonal local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Museum Cafe - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Museum Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (79)special occasion (78)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (49)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (30)scenic view (25)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- ShowtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014We often go to the Museum Cafe before the show, the food is great and it's a convenient walk from the Civic Center. The food was excellent yet again this visit, but it seemed a little busier than normal and the service was having a little trouble keeping up. We awaited longer for dinner which put us in a rush to make the show on time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of towner visitOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014We had friends visit from Houston, for the first time, and wanted to show them what OKC has to offer. Lunch at the museum and some sites around town showed a city with great art and sophistication.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!luvOKCMOAcafeDined on 8/30/2014The club sandwich was delicious - best I've ever had. Server was attentive without overdoing it. I like the fact that the cafe is quiet enough that you can easily carry on a conversation even when the place is packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaknMusicDined on 8/28/2014As always, the food and service are superb at Museum Cafe. I had fish tacos which were prepared just perfectly with big pieces of grilled swordfish, salad and fresh radishes. We were seated and served promptly. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- A Quiet EveningDavidDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, the service was second to none and the overall atmosphere was very, very nice. It has been too long since we have had dinner there. We will not wait so long for our next trip. My filet and my wife's sea bass were excellent. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was a very good choice.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesMichmitchDined on 8/21/2014I have eaten brunch here many times and it is always the best in the city. The other day I had dinner for the first time and it was exceptional of course. I ordered the ribeye and it was the best steak I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special lunchdocjkkDined on 8/11/2014I took my niece for a good-bye lunch the day before she was leaving the state to attend college. It was a nice place for us to have both a little fun and some "sage old uncle advice" time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is her name?mrsdDined on 8/9/2014On our last visit our bill indicated CHELSEA waited on us. On this visit, we asked to be seated in Chelea's section if possible. Of course! The young lady we knew as Chelsea waited on the table next to us, but she didn't serve our table. The young lady that waited on us was very good......the name on our bill.......KEVIN! Maybe the hostess and the wait staff should say the name of the person waiting on the table. No one mentioned a name at either visit. Name tags couldn't hurt!Special Features:
- SpecialMookieDined on 8/8/2014A great place for mixing an art or cultural evening (afternoon even) with fine dining. Convenient and pretty moderate to high moderate in pricing. The prix fixe "dinner and movie" combination is well worth it. Ahmad Farnia is a gifted GM, and Jessie Ting is exceptional as assistant GM over the cafe.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014The Museum Cafe is a very pleasant place to have a very good meal. It has a good menu selection and worth a try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful, as always! I had chicken lazagne, very fresh and good flavors.Special Features:
- badjuliDined on 8/3/2014Foid was terrible, have no other words todescribe how awful it was. Came for brunch. Please hire a new chef because in time you will not get any business. Great location, but there were three of us and we all thought we would go to IHop before eating brunch at the museum cafe.Special Features:
- Always goodLittleVIPDined on 8/3/2014You can count on Museum to always be good. Their Sunday brunch is one of the best in town. They continue to do a great job in good and service.Special Features:
- Look forward to next timeluvOKCMOAcafeDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to the Museum Café for years and last weekend was the first time I did not care for my menu selection. I ordered the crab cakes and did not care much for them or the sauce that was served on them. The rest of my food was very good & everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. I look forward to trying something else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014This has always been a great date night and brunch spot for us. Great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Have dined for lunch several times at cafe and was excellent. First time for dinner and was very disappointed in Food. Was pricey and expected better food for the priceSpecial Features:
- Great!mrsdDined on 7/26/2014Chelsea was an excellent waitress. We arrived about 20 minutes early and she gave us our choice of tables. Very pleasant! Toured the museum exhibit and then we walked back to the Civic Center for the Lyric performance of Spamalot! We eat lunch at The Museum Cafe when we have show tickets,which is often. We are Museum members,so we not only get a discount in the cafe, but we are able to enjoy the Museum. Love it all! Mike and Judy DavisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was nice but tea wasn't brewed, just bags & we were left to wait for awhile after we informed person why we were there. Main hostess came to rescue & took care of us. She was very kind & professional. Food was tasty but tartlets were disappointing. Seemed like something purchased vs made there.
- Great food, with a twist.BlueBarronDined on 7/22/2014This is one of few places where you can eat out side. If you are alone and want a meal you can eat at the bar. I have eaten here 4 times, inside and out and have always enjoyed the food. The noise level is just your fellow diners conversations. If you are looking for good food near the museum of art this is a good candidate. Check the menu online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of OKCs bestWonderfulDined on 7/22/2014This cafe is always a treat for my daughter and me before we head to the Civic Center. Everything is delicious on the menu and esthetically presented; and the service is exceptional from the minute you walk in and exit the door. Friendly and welcoming staff! Hats off to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my fav restaurantsKateDined on 7/18/2014Lunch at the Museum Cafe is always a treat! The food is great with some different and unusual twists. The menu has a variety of salads, sandwiches, and meals for the adventurous and not so adventurous. Food is served beautifully arrayed. The glass and chrome restaurant is open and yet intimate and never seems too loud. ( However, my friends and I decided to eat on the patio this time and construction workers began some very loud work about mid-meal...of course, the restaurant could not control this!) the staff is attentive, friendly, and professional. I have enjoyed every visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choiceJricheDined on 7/17/2014I was unsure about the museum cafe but picked it for a fun date and couldn't have been happier. The food was great and our server was super friendly but very professional. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceveroDined on 7/12/2014Food was tasty (I had the duck) but my favorite things were the drinks. The pineapple martini was delicious and the Moscow Mule had a great gingery flavor. Thumbs up on the service too, great servers. Meal was a bit pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemrsdDined on 7/12/2014The young lady that waited on us was great. Overall, a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKC Spirit WinnerRedDirtReviewerDined on 7/3/2014OKC Museum of Art Cafe proves that Oklahoma and its people have arrived!!! This is the state of interesting people whose tastes are fully mature and overwhelmingly knowledgeable about fine dining. Yes, we still have a western flair and yes, we still remember our roots of wrath! Perhaps those are the propelling spirits that make us thankful for the lessons learned so we can be ever more grateful for the gifts we have in places of excellence like OKCMOA Cafe! Make your reservation now and realize the finest dining in Oklahoma! Top choice and depth of character like you'd find in resort locations right here in OKC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a special occasionBillbellDined on 6/29/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and a birthday...and we couldn't have chosen a better brunch site. The ambience was relaxed and yet vibrant. Our food was wonderful, interesting twists on classic brunch dishes. We are still raving about the pulled pork. Service was attentive but never intrusive. The best brunch in OKC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Event NightAnnaDined on 6/28/2014The Museum Café is great pre-show dinner place. It's just a block from the Civic Center. The food is wonderful and atmosphere is energetic.Special Features:
- Great food! So-so serviceMwrightDined on 6/28/2014Went for pre-show dinner Sadly spilt water glass just before appetizers arrived, we had to clean up though waiters saw it was wet, never got fresh napkins nor new glass of water even though we asked for them every time they came Food was delish, but get better serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionDine4foodDined on 6/28/2014First time customer. Food and service were excellent. Manager spoke to us several times during dinner to insure we were being well served and food was as we ordered. Table was by hostess station which wasn't ideal but okay. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservations and were seated immediately without a problem. Great place to go to after seeing musical at the Civic Center. Only one block East. Will definetly go back again. Too bad Musueum was not open later so we could see the exhibits after dinner. It is open later on Thursday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceParshooterVIPDined on 6/28/2014I don't understand why a waiter cannot remove dirty dishes from the table after the diner if finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuaurora3bDined on 6/27/2014The menu had several options for any palette! As a pescatarian I found several appealing options and had a difficult time deciding on an entree! Our group ordered four different meals: quail, duck, steak and scallops- all of them were fantastic. The wine list was extensive and offered many different varietals and price points. Also, the smoked plate and cheese brulee appetizers were equally delicious! Overall, a fantastic meal and we look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- It is our "go-to" restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014We love the Museum Café. Every time we go, whether for lunch or for a special dinner, the service is impeccable and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice Friday night dinnerhookedonnonnasDined on 6/20/2014The Museum cafe is always very predictable...great food and service...on the pricey side...but never any qualms about what we are going to get. When we arrived the hostess noticed we were being set in an area that was noisy from the bar...she promptly moved us to a nice, quiet table. We go there often!!Special Features:
- Poor serviceLove2dineDined on 6/12/2014My low ratings reflect very inadequate service offered on my last visit to the restaurant. They were understaffed due to a private event taking place the same evening. Management did offer apologies for our excessive wait for service, food and drinks. Experienced management should have made allowances for accommodating anticipated increase in patrons.
- Cultural ambianceMasonsMom2014Dined on 6/12/2014My son and I had a wonderful dinner, but we missed the Dinner and a Movie due to the Dead Center Film Festival beginning that evening. My son did play with his band at the Film Festival venue on Friday evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outstanding meal location22MsFineDined on 6/8/2014The meal was excellent and outstanding and the price was very reasonable. I had been once before and glad I made the suggestion to my girlfriend who thoroughly enjoyed the location and the atmosphere. We will definitely come again and tell others about our experience. I have only visited the museum once with my niece and nephews but intend to plan a trip in the near future as well. I had the opportunity last month to listen to a band on the roof top. However, the variety of food was limited but the drinks were good & plenty. We went there to celebrate one niece who completed her master's degree and another who completed her associates. It is a central location to meet people for a variety of events. I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchLuv2DineDined on 6/7/2014One of my favorite places to eat when in the downtown Oklahoma city areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artsy EateryYazzberryDined on 6/1/2014We have been to the museum cafe several times for brunch, and each time it is consistently great. The food is flavorful and well executed, the ambiance is comfortable, and the staff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch and ArtOKCDinerDined on 5/25/2014We had Sunday brunch at the Museum Cafe and it was wonderful. I had the Museum Cristo Benedict - it was wonderful. Tasted great, very large portion. Came with fruit and potatoes. My husband had the Museum Cafe Benedict - also very good and very large portion. We then went through the museum with our friends. Great collections. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantWringchoiceDined on 5/24/2014Great dinner & within walking distance to Civic Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.