Muse Restaurant & Lounge
107 10A Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 4M7Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Muse Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://muserestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4036706873
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: JP Pedhirney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 different dining levels for your private events. The upper dining level accommodates up to 30 people for a sit down dinner format and up to 45 guests for reception events. The lower dining level seats up to 50 guests for dinner and 90 for reception style events. Our private Chefs table, located on a private landing, seats groups of up to 10 people. The entire venue can hold up to 150 people for reception style events. Many options are available for any corporate functions, private celebrations, weddings, and gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Wighton 4036706873
A word from Muse Restaurant & Lounge
Energized Fine Dining. Composed Dishes. Creative Multi-Course Dining Experience. Passionately Seasonal. New American Cuisine. Located in the heart of Kensington. Unqiue atrium style restaurant. Sexy and contemporary space. Private dining rooms. Private Chefs table. Five course or eight course Chef's Tasting Menus. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Muse Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Anniversary Dinner2dine4Dined on 6/28/2014The Muze Restaurant is the perfect spot for private and romantic occasions. The taster menu is ideal for people who love food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Not rushed...beastygirl2010Dined on 6/21/2014Second time at this restaurant - great evening, great food! Chef's tasting menu was awesome. Love that the wait staff made me a very special drink....Special Features:
- Not aMUSEdArleneDined on 6/15/2014We must be the anomaly, but our experience was disappointing for Fathers Day. The beet salad and meat platter was tasty enough. But the beef dish was disgusting. Five of us had meat that we could badly cut more less chew. And the two potato balls on the plate were dry. Desert was so hard we thought our plates would break under the force of the spoon. And the rhubarb was not coming through in the dish. And the chocolate cake was far to sweet. However, the service was diligent. And we were compensated for the entrees. But regardless we shall not go back.
- Very goodEdoLivesDined on 6/14/2014Tried the 7 course tasting. Loved the meal. Very interesting multi-level layout as well.Special Features:
- I love Muse!SusanKVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have been to Muse many times, and everything is always wonderful, the service, the ambiance and especially the food. On our most recent visit, my husband and I decided to eat from the a la carte menu, rather than doing a tasting menu, as we usually find that we are too full to enjoy the last couple of courses. For starters we had beet salad (me) and fresh oysters (husband) and both were delicious. For dinner he had the lamb loin and I had the pig confit, both were great, but after tasting his, I wish I would have had the lamb because it was the best lamb I ever tasted, We shared the rhubarb parfait, which was very tasty and just enough to finish off our meal. Another lovely evening at Muse, thank you, Stephen, we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Highly recommend Muse.DebAZDined on 6/13/2014Excellent service. Very warm and friendly. Food could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy go Lucky Ones AGAIN!!!HonestgalVIPDined on 6/10/2014Once again a memorable evening of fine food and wine spent celebrating one of our childrens' passage into adulthood: College Graduation. Thanks for the memories :)Special Features:
- DinnerDivotdog555Dined on 6/3/2014Although the menu is very limited, what we ordered came to us very well presented. It was all delicious, especially the dessert (Chocolate tart with Salted Caramel ice cream). Wasn't familiar with a lot of the wines, so don't know if its a good wine list or not, it was extended, that's for sure. One of my guests chose the Beef Cheeks and when asked if it was actually beef cheeks, the waitress told us no, it was short ribs or something like that!Special Features:
- The following 741 reviews are from the Muse Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Amazing Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband & I chose this restaurant for our wedding anniversary. The service was fantastic, our waiter was knowledgable about both the courses he was serving & the wine pairings that went with them. They also went out of their way to accomodate my food allergies, which I greatly appreciate.Special Features:
- great presentation and ingredientsiveeatenwellDined on 5/30/2014Had a lovely meal - 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. Each dish was well presented and had great flavours. Not a fan of truffle oil, but that's just me.
- Not a detail sparedPrincessDined on 5/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised by our first visit to Muse. We indicated on our reservation that we were celebrating our 4th anniversary and when we arrived we were congratulated by the hostess and shown to a very romantic table. As we sat down we noticed that there was an anniversary card signed by the entire staff as well. We were also given complimentary prosecco to begin our dining experience. Our waiter was efficient, friendly and attentive. The food was tasty and very good quality and the wine list was extensive. I would recommend Muse to any couple that would like to experience fine dining in a romantic and modern setting.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningLovedMuseDined on 5/23/2014Loved our night out at Muse - our dinner was excellent, took over 2.5 hours which we loved as it wasn't rushed and allowed us to enjoy the experience. We weren't sure about wine so the sommelier came to our table and recommended the perfect pairing. Our waiter was excellent, attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. Next time we will try the tasting menu. Look forward to our next trip.Special Features:
- Muse822414Dined on 5/17/2014The lamb dinner was very good I though they could have added some other vegetable on the other half of the plate. The table for 2 by the fireplace felt tight and a little confined being right up against a wall. It should be away from the wall slightly which will not impose on the intimacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDocDDined on 5/11/2014The ambiance is superb and the seating very comfortable. The food preparation is exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but disappointed with serviceyycfoodieDined on 5/10/2014My expectations on service are very high when I go to a high end restaurant. First off my wife craves the truffle popcorn. Unfortunately we never got any initially and then had to ask twice in order to get some during of our 8 course tasting dinner. And the 8 course menu was very poorly timed. I am not sure if it was a kitchen or server issue but what the spacing between courses was terrible. We were warned that is was about 2.5 hours and at the time that fit our evening. It ballooned to 3.5 hours and made the last hour of our meal very frustrating. It was supposed to be a great night out and all we could do is watch others lap and or catch up to our meal. Next time I will skip the tasting menu and just go with menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The food was delicous, waiting staff attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- SunnysidefoodiesDined on 5/2/2014We love Muse! Creative, amazing and often surprising combinations on the menu but they are always stunningly flavourful! We continue to have our minds blown by the crazy chefs at Muse! We always find ourselves still talking about the food days after we have been there!Special Features:
- Best Birthday DinnerLoveMuseDined on 4/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the 8 course tasting. The food was excellent and the wines were wonderful, the service was outstanding. Great place to enjoy a celebration with family and friends.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesIntegraDined on 4/26/2014Muse is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always wonderful, the room is intimate and they have a great wine list. We had the oysters to start followed by the halibut. Both were excellent. My only complaint was that the service was somewhat inconsistent Saturday night. The person who was our main waitress was MIA at various times and others seemed to fill in for her. We were given complementary glass of prosecco after she disappeared at the beginning of the evening leaving us to source out someone to take our wine order. Things improved after that but service was not as attentive as I expect and usually enjoy at Muse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for something specialSimpleGourmetDined on 4/26/2014I celebrated a friend's birthday. Prosecco and birthday card on the house for the birthday girl made the occassion memorable for her. Service impeccable. Food tasted great but portions small. Not a big eater but might have indulge more as food was tasty. Only thing forgotten was my list of the wines served as I had asked my server, Emily, to provide. I had different wines with different courses. In all fairness, Both of us had forgotten, so no harm no foul. I can always redo the experience and will ensure I don't forget the next time to obtain the written list. Thank you. Next time, I will certainly choose Muse as my choice should someone asked where I would like to go to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian paradiseKKBookDined on 4/25/2014I quite enjoyed the Vegetarian tasting menu which is found nowhere else in our fine city of Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed DinerNotaFoodieDined on 4/18/2014I went with my girlfriend and invited another couple out for their first visit on a Friday evening. It is a nice environment and while the overall presentation and service was OK, the dishes were either average or a disappointment. The asparagus salad was tasteless and a disappointment. The Halibut was very salty and a disappointment. The Beef cheeks were tender and Ok. The bottle of wine was fine. $400 with tip. I am not a foodie, but I used to be very impressed with all of the dishes I have had there two years ago, with a different chef. I will not go again unless I see that the reviews improve significantly.
- Not get reservation timeStevieGVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food was good but need to get reservation system set up. We wanted to book dinner for 6 but time was booked as full so took a table fir 5:30. While we were there the place was empty there were only 3 other tables seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionBeautyJDined on 4/17/2014If you are looking for a perfect place then Muse is it. Everything about it from booking and follow up with Steven the owner to how things were handled throughout the night by the servers. We enjoyed a quiet yet exhilarating night with our surprise selections from the chefs tasting menu. All that and a great bottle of wine. If you want to be intimate, Muse is your venue. Absolutely would recommend and will definitely be back for more !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always lovelyRedDelishDined on 4/17/2014We generally do the tasting menu at Muse but this time we went a la carte as we had a concert to get to. Between four of us we shared a couple of appetizers, a couple of entrees and a couple of desserts along with a bottle of wine with dinner and dessert with our cheese and chocolate platters. The food was impeccable plated, the flavours were lovely and portions were decent sized. The server was quite busy so we found ourselves waiting quite a while for our initial drinks and wine, but she seemed to get organized after our order was put in. Always a good bet, and the truffle popcorn to start...!Special Features:
- Tasting MenubigglesworthDined on 4/16/2014The 8 course tasting menu was on the whole a great experience. Most of the courses were well balanced and there was a pretty good transition throughout the meal. The foie course was particularly good but I felt like it was to sweet for its place within the menu and could have been balanced with more acidity. My opinion of the wine pairings was quite different then that of the food. I enjoyed some of the wines on their own but felt like the pairings didn't work. This is in large part personal preference so take it for what you will. The service was very good with excellent bill times, good cutlery exchanges and a server with great knowledge of both the food and wines. Can't remember the name of our server but she did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All four of us thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014All four of us thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our visit to Muse, starting from the greeting we received at the door, the table we had, the excellent service and above all the delicious food. Our meals were beautifully presented and they tasted even better. This is our 3rd time back and we have now introduced another couple to a gem of a restaurant. They will be back as well. Thanks very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningCrazyCarlDined on 4/6/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Food was excellent and the service was great. It was a little pricey but we knew that before hand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a great night...`NancyDined on 4/5/2014Was absolutely excellent all round - best meal I've had in ages!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only a wee complaintLuvwineDined on 4/3/2014This was my 3rd time to the muse but hadn't been for many years. It was the first time for my two friends. Every thing was excellent service. How food was explained as it was brought out. Our only complaint was the dishwasher was turned on while we were finishing our wine after dinner. We all that was unnecessary but didn't say anything. So maybe you can pass it on. Overall it was excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateCharbarDined on 4/1/2014Tried the 8 course spring taste menu. Outstanding food and presentation. The wine that was suggested was so perfect. Service attentive without being hovering or overbearing. A lovely evening. Left very full and will have very good memories of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightJanwillDined on 3/23/2014Went on a date night with my girlfriend and it was both our first time there and we thought the food was great, the maple drink was super good , and the server was super nice !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Fantastic food and great service. I took my wife here for her birthday. The hostess asked us if we were here for a special occasion, when we mentioned it was for my wife's birthday they brought us a glass of prosecco. Very nice touch. The quality of the food and service makes this my favorite restaurant in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was fantasitic,Food4meDined on 3/20/2014The service was fantasitic, great decour, but I wasn't overly impressed by the food for the price we paid. Based on the fact our meals were all in the $40 range, I expected it to be better. Not my first time at Muse, but it might be my last.Special Features:
- Delicious meal...for a price!yumyumsDined on 3/15/2014Husband and I went here for a special night out and had a great time. Expensive, but we knew that and were prepared. Food was so delicious, and service was great! Very attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Salad was bland . StartersJoseDined on 3/14/2014Salad was bland . Starters , salads are pricey. Veal t-bone was excellent. Server was fluent re: menu, wine & Appropriately welcoming , friendly & professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, but priceyDacoDined on 3/14/2014Excellent service from knowledgeable staff. Great food. But its getting to be overpriced. It is a loss that Muse does not participate in "taste of Calgary" - it did in years past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemyycdineguyDined on 3/12/2014Superb food, personal service and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining ExperienceTrueBelieverInGoodFoodDined on 3/8/2014The Muse Restaurant turned out to be a the best and most unique dining experience I've ever experienced. We decided to go with the five course Chef's selection. When each course was presented it wasn't just put down in front of us, the server explained the contents of each dish with perfection (we suspect that most of the dishes were presented by each chef that created them). The explosion of new tastes on the pallet was fantastic. This upper class, romantic restarant deserves a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors were very nice butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Flavors were very nice but every entre was unpleasantly cold when delivered to the table.