Muse In the Harbor
16 Main Street
Sag Harbor, NY 11963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Muse In the Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.museintheharbor.com/
- Phone: 6318994810
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, Sunday: 10am-3:00pm Brunch; 5:30pm-10:00pm Dinner. Friday, Saturday: 10am - 3:00pm Brunch, 5:30pm-11:00pm Dinner.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Guiffrida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call our main number: (631)899-4810 for all catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: During the Winter months, the entire facility may be used for Private parties on days that we are normally closed (Monday's and Tuesday's). Special arrangements to rent the entire facility on any other day during winter, or for a particular event in warmer months may be able to be made.
- Private Party Contact: Jen diPretoro 6318994810
- Entertainment: Muse features a variety of Live Entertainment ranging from weekday, one-man bands, to late-night weekend DJ's!
- Cross Street: Bay Street
- Public Transit: The Jitney, running to and from New York City, is within walking distance of Muse in the Harbor.
There is also local, public, bus transportation available. These stops are also within walking distance.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are 17 reserved parking spaces for Muse in the Harbor. The spaces are labeled and to the left and right of the building. There are also 2-hour public parking spaces in front of the restaurant, as well as a public parking lot behind the shops in Sag Harbor.
A word from Muse In the Harbor
Muse in the Harbor offers a New American menu with a Southern twist, right on Sag Harbor's bustling Main St., with views of Long Wharf and the bay from the main dining area and outdoor patio tables. A newly refurbished outdoor deck, under the Tuscan-lit canopy of a 70-foot tree has plenty of room for al fresco drinking.Continued
For colder, and inclement weather, Muse also offers a roomy indoor lounge with couches.
For colder, and inclement weather, Muse also offers a roomy indoor lounge with couches.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Muse In the Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)romantic (9)scenic view (8)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great All AroundJohnCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Muse on the Harbor gets it right. The décor is upscale but comfortable. The staff is friendly but not obtrusive. Cocktails are generous and not over priced. We found some great selections on the wine list, also priced very reasonably. All this is great but the star is the food. The flavor combinations are genius. With one visit this place has become a favorite. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of the best in sag harborTravelerVIPDined on 8/11/2014After eating at many of the sag harbor restaurants we decided that muse is definitely at the top of the list. Fresh delicious food and nice hosts. Enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014This has been a favorite for years. Always good food and service. Creative menu and very accommodating.Special Features:
- AmusingSagstoryVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our second time here no complaints. Like the atmosphere not like the stuffy self important places down the blockSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetwinkletoesDined on 8/8/2014I'm not much for ambiance as a necessary factor in a dining experience, but Muse was charming. We chose to dine on the patio which has strung lights, not too bright, not too low. For me the food factor is the most important. As a first time guest in SH I was very pleased with the blackened sea bass plate and my daughter enjoyed her swordfish. The wine was excellent. One of the staff, a young Jamaican man, was so friendly and vibrant and we took a few seconds to praise the music of Jimmy Cliff and Bob and Ziggy Marley. Younger folks didn't care for the 70's type music, but I loved it. I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool breezes, great foodeatsoutalotVIPDined on 8/7/2014A totally enjoyable time. Our server was totally pleasant and happy to be there. He provided some good recommendations and the food was excellent. The watermelon salad says welcome to summer. The wasabi coated duck was an interesting and delicious dish.Special Features:
- Wish it were betterWishingforbetterDined on 7/30/2014Nice place ,however have been a few times and entrees are consistently disappointing, very heavy handed, more quantity than quality ....would avoid entrees and order multiple appetizers (Mussels, and tuna , very good).Special Features:
- Something for everyone...foodrulesDined on 7/22/2014There is something for everyone at Muse. We had a party of four and everyone's dishes were great! That rarely happens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Pre-Theatre FavoritewineandineVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food is consistently good. Staff is very friendly and very accommodating. We hope that we continue to enjoy this restaurant from season to season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRobinDined on 7/4/2014Food and service were very good. Bar was busy and the restaurant was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Sag Harbor restaurantVagueVegetarianVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very comfortable, pleasant restaurant good food. We liked the Simply Prepared salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. The watermelon salad was good. Dessert especially the zeppole with toppings was very good.
- NattDined on 6/30/2014Great restaurant. The food was delicious! It's a great location, right on Main Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Try the BLT salad and any soup of the day is great. The staff is friendly and dedicated to service. Lovely restaurant where you feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Like as much as Last TimeJoeGDined on 6/26/2014We went to the Muse at the Watermill location a couple of years ago and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Was not as impressed this time around. I had the shrimp with pasta fajioli dish. It came out with the shrimp on a skewer...very casual. I didn't think the ingredients in this dish really went together. Was too much going on and it was very heavy. My husband like his meal and the desserts were very good though.Special Features:
- WonderfulMegFlynnyDined on 6/20/2014I chose this spot for my 21st birthday dinner with 3 other friends. I had made the reservation for 6, but there was no issue and we were immediately sat outside (which we chose) at a table for four. There was one other group outside (it was an early dinner), but noise was no issue, nor was the proximity of the street. We were given all of the menus, and the drink menus were impressive--the cocktails were creative and the wine list was extensive and specific. The drinks came quickly, and then me and my friend ordered appetizers for our main dishes, the two others entrees. We were all satisfied with the amazing food (I got the trio of tuna). I'd recommend this spot to anyone for a special occasion or simply a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSag11VIPDined on 5/30/2014We went to Muse this weekend expecting to have the same wonderful dinner experience we had last season. Unfortunately it was below expectation. The price fix was not available early Friday night. We were disappointed in the beet salad. The beets were hard, diced with no flavor. Our entrees however were very good. We had:salmon and bass. The chef did a wonderful job with the fish and the vegetables.Special Features:
- MusedisappointVIPDined on 5/17/2014Alleged plain grilled fish was over spiced Side veggies tasted sour not close to As described on menu Won't be back, rare that I ever review Negatively
- not what it seemsVirginiaDined on 5/11/2014There were 5 of us on Mothers's Day and for the most part we were disappointed by the quality and the presentation of the food. The eggs Benedict sat on the plate with no eye appeal; one thin piece of Canadian bacon was divided between the muffin halves. There were three orders if steak and eggs - not NY strip as advertised. One was undercooked, another too tough to eat and the scrambled eggs were cold and unappealing on the plate. The pizza on flat bread was considered quite tasty. The restaurant was not crowded at all on Mothers's day at 3:00. We didn't chance staying for dessert. We went elsewhere. The waiter was very pleasant and the venue attractive. That got us there once. It is unlikely that we'll return.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Muse In the Harbor reviews archive.
- Lots of upsideReboDined on 4/19/2014This place has enormous upside for late night food and dancing. Great decor and ambiance. Interesting dishes but a little inconsistent. Worth a visit when in Sag Harbor.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Sag HarbormissjudyDined on 3/30/2014We really enjoy Muse. It's a restaurant with lots of choices and reasonable prices. It's the go-to place in Sag Harbor for great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Though there was some confusion123trDined on 3/29/2014Though there was some confusion regarding restaurant week pricing (we arrived at 7PM, only to be told that the RW prices were over......), we were able to dine for the restaurant week prices after the waitress checked with the owner. We really appreciated the treatment we received and found the food to be wonderful. There were four of us - we all had different entrees - and each one was delicious. Would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AgainFoodies11Dined on 1/31/2014Muse never fails to deliver and impress. From the attentive service, attractive decor and great food, we enjoy returning again and again. Whatever they do, they do right. Bravo to the Muse Team.Special Features:
- Muse is the very best restaurantmissjudyDined on 1/31/2014Muse is the very best restaurant in Sag Harbor. The food is great, the service is always spot-on, and you don't have to cash in your IRA to eat there. So glad it moved to Sag Harbor from Water Mill. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Sag Harbor restaurantsusieqDined on 12/28/2013Every time we eat out in Sag Harbor, I recommend Muse in the Harbor. The bar is great, food is always top notch, and service is very good. The menu has something for everyone, though I usually favor the fish. I had a great tuna, cooked to perfection, the muse salad is really nice and the desserts to die for. Great place all year round in my favorite town in the Hamptotns!Special Features:
- Lovely Christmas Eve dinnerAnanymuseVIPDined on 12/24/2013We were pleasantly surprised to have a wonderful booth for our group of six. There were many good choices on the menu including a prix fixe menu that had a variety of choices. The mussels were delicious and everyone raved about their tuna and steaks. The setting was perfect for a great discussion as the booth fit our group of six and afforded a wonderful conversation- a rare pleasure now days in most restaurants. The waiter was excellent as was the wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best mealsligsDined on 12/21/2013went here with my husband recently. this space has changed names and menus so many times, we weren't really sure what to expect. the food was amazing! we started with an apple salad that also had goat cheese 'bread pudding' - an amazing combination of savoury and sweet. I decided to order to appetizers as my main course. I had the tuna trio and the meatballs - both were excellent. my husband ordered the duck, which had rich flavor and the duck confit was to die for (and I myself am generally not much of a carnivore. The one downside to our meal was the dessert - cheesecake chimichangas, which were nothing special. They could put a bit more effort into the decor, which did not really match the menu, but the food definitely made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Lively staff!BobbyjiVIPDined on 11/2/2013Five of us dined last Saturday night and everyone loved their meal! And that's from two of us who are gourmet cooks and highly critical of each morsel that they ingest. The duck, the blackened salmon, the meat loaf caused raves. Our waitstaff person, Stephanie, was most congenial which made the dining experience fun as well. This is the third group of friends I brought to The Muse. Everyone was pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't disappointLus2eatDined on 10/5/2013Our diniing experience at this restaurant has been memorable. The only bad thing is I can only eat one appetizer and one main each visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menu and lovely settingScrimshawDined on 10/3/2013We're so glad the summer folk have gone home and we can have the Muse back to ourselves. The food at the Muse is the most interesting of all Hampton restaurants. 4 meatballs in different sauces, 3 little pigs, etc. We used to go for the $30 prix fixe but not we do salads and appetizers so we can try different things. It can get very noisy so it's good to go on the early side unless you want the vibrant bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not much good hereCardiacKidVIPDined on 9/19/2013Second visit here. Despite only three tables filled on a week night it took 25 minutes to get a glass of wine. The wait staff were all engaged in private conversations. The food was very different than first visit....greasy and overcooked. A musician blasted into the empty room. Can no longer recommend.
- unusual in sag harborOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2013interesting combinations of food and cute name of dishes. I started with the "tomato bowl salad" Fresh greens in a hollowed out beefsteak tomato, interesting and very fresh. I had the duck breast and duck confit, most unusual. My companion had perfectly plain grilled tuna. Worth a return trip....soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muse is excellent!BobbyjiVIPDined on 8/21/2013We've been here for lunch and dinner and Muse never fails. Food is excellent and varied and staff is very accommodating. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohn55VIPDined on 8/21/2013The ambiance is wonderful as was the service but the food for all five of us a total disappointment.
- A fine addition to Sag HarborPatAVIPDined on 8/14/2013Enjoyable evening. Would definitely return, bar area looks particularly good, plenty of room, cozy couches and seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening. DeliciousGrandmaDVIPDined on 8/4/2013A lovely evening. Delicious food. Nice atmosphere. Though staff is on the young side, they make up for lack of polish with enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Enjoyed Muse much more on a Sunday than a Fri or Sat when the inside noise level in season is unnerving.Special Features:
- Before Bay StreetJoanieDined on 7/24/2013We dined at Muse in the Harbor before attending an 8:00 pm show at Bay Street. Food and ambiance outside on the patio was perfect and they allowed us to keep our cars parked in their lot while we attended the show. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2013We have eaten at Muse in the Harbor many times and have never been disappointed. We followed Matt from his old location in Watermill, and it only got better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuseMickeyDined on 6/21/2013The restaurant had the moistest, tastiest swordfish that I have ever eaten. The mussels were excellent. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013Everything was good, but I thought it was a bit pricey. The value for the dollar wasn't really there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu, good foodmgbfoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2013Interesting menu, good food and excellent service. Will go back.Special Features: