Muse at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
500 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Muse at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toddgraysmuse.com/index.html
- Phone: 2026391786
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Muse at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
A fresh concept by celebrated chef Todd Gray, Muse offers handcrafted, seasonal options with a focus on sustainable, and local fresh foods as well as offers a number of vegetarian and vegan options. Created exclusively for the Corcoran, the menu celebrates the culinary arts, with inspiration from local and regional farm communities, showcasing a wonderful variety of menu items with many ingredients sourced from nearby farm markets and purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Muse at the Corcoran Gallery of Art reviews from OpenTable diners
- Benefits from museum spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/28/2014Everything was fine here - as a museum cafe it offered soup, sandwiches, and bottled drinks but it really isn't (in my experience) a "restaurant." They do bring the food out to your table, but you queue up at the cash register to order from a pretty short list of options.
- Great findKateVIPDined on 1/22/2014The Muse at the Corcoran is a great lunch time find for groups. The setting is unusual, casual, quirky and elegant all that the same time. Noise level is very low. The food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- Meh...PlainJaneVIPDined on 12/20/2013Nice but untrained staff trying very hard to make the most of over-priced and small dishes of ok food.
- Food Good - Ambiance LackingZoccaMarketing2013Dined on 11/30/2013If I was visiting the Corcoran and just wanted a quick bite, Muse would be a great choice. Everything we ordered was good. Our mistake was thinking it was more of a restaurant setting rather than just tables tucked away in a corner. There is no real "ambiance" besides the gallery rooms behind.
- vegan brunchJessDined on 10/13/2013Excellent vegan brunch in a unique setting. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous vegan brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013Been here twice. The food is gourmet, but in an all you can eat buffet. Amazing combo.Special Features:
- Vegan FoodWOODYWOODDined on 8/11/2013We have three very strict vegans in our family and one diabetic. We all loved the selections on the Buffett . We found them to be interesting , nutritious and filling. We finished brunch about 2 pm and none of us felt hungry until about 9 pm. We all loved the soup, pancakes, farro /wild rice salad . The guitarist. Every thing! We will return. Jan WoodsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Vegan BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013Vegan brunch buffet every Sunday - the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprised how good theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013I was surprised how good the food was. I am not Vegan but all the menu items we tried were very good. The chef and hostess came around with little treats for patrons to try which was a nice touch. Nice surprise was the music at Brunch and the setting was airy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Management Mars Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2013Mr. Muse: please check on your staff. The food, jazz and setting are wonderful. A poorly managed staff detracts. Greeted by a hostess who set my table with glasses she carried with fingers over the lip and deep into the glasses (I am not a germ phobic, but ...) She set our table with two place settings wrapped in wet napkins:"Our dryer is broken" Serve yourself coffee was empty; tray for choice of teabags had one teabag. Limited, but tasty offerings on the buffet; but, hot items were cold and the staff neglected maintaining food on the buffet though the restaurant was not crowded. Another party asked, "When will you bring more pancakes?" Staff reply: "The customers keep eating them." What a poor way to treat both customers and great food.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2013It's very hard to find a brunch spot that our whole family can enjoy, but this was great. We have a vegan, a vegetarian and two meat eaters and we were all very satisfied with this brunch. The pancakes dissappeared very quickly from the buffet and were replaced with hot, fresh ones just as quickly. The salad was frech and full of veggies as well as beautiful, fresh raspberries. The dressing was light and fruity. The scramble was very tasty and replaced frequently as was the mushroom mac and cheese. The melon fruit cup and mini muffins and cookies were a perfect ending. I liked the relaxed and non hurried atmosphere and we will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you need a biteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/29/2013It's a gallery cafe. Res nice just to ensure table.Special Features:
- The Muse is a well kept secret.DCFanVIPDined on 5/19/2013The Muse is a well kept secret. It is a wonderful place that offers buffet style food that is all local and well prepared. It is great having a meal while inside an art museum!Special Features:
- The vegan brunch was veryrobolieDined on 5/19/2013The vegan brunch was very good. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013The restaurant was closed for the time our reservations were made for, we waited 45 minutes after our reservation time for then to open only to find out that it was vegan brunch day. They said their open table reservation site was broken and allowing ppl to reserve for times that they were not open
- Good meal at an unbeatableRepeatdinerVIPDined on 4/7/2013Good meal at an unbeatable location - the Corcoran Gallery. Perfect for brunch and a walk to Smithsonian or monumentsSpecial Features:
- There needs to be more thanNotAChefVIPDined on 3/3/2013There needs to be more than 5 stars for "ambience" in this list of questions. How more spectacular could this venue be? And with the very creative menu offered by Chef Todd Gray & guest chef Kim O'Donnel it was just a perfect "only in DC" experience. Special praise to server Rob who took such good care of us. We will definitely be back again. Delicious!Special Features:
- Art Gallery DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013Who would have expected such great food in an art gallery! What a great find - casual and terrific food. Everything was very reasonably priced and fresh made. The manager told me that they had taken over food service about 18 months ago. Brunch is served every weekend and vegan brunch every month - im not a vegan but I know plenty who are. I will return.Special Features: