Muscio's Italian Restaurant
1200 Grant Avenue
Novato, CA 94945Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Muscio's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://muscios.com/
- Phone: 4158982234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs 5:00pm-10:00pm; Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can custom make any menu to fill your needs. Contact us in order for us to help create the menu best suited for your event.
A word from Muscio's Italian Restaurant
Muscio's is a casual Italian restaurant focusing on classical Italian-American favorites. Our menu offers a flavorful variety of homemade appetizers, pastas, pizzas and salads. It is a place where friends and family come together to share great food, wine, and conversation. Please come and join our friendly and knowledgeable staff for a casual night out with friends, a family get together, date night, or any other special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Muscio's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful 90th Birthday DinnerBobDDined on 5/3/2014We had a surprise Birthday Dinner at Muscio's and it was a great success. Good food, fabulous service and wonderful atmosphere. Couldn't ask for a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Mangia, Mangia!Beatles4everDined on 4/25/2014We had late reservations for after a school event, and our party included two adults and two children. The kids' menu was extensive, and so was the adult menu. I had the marsala pasta and Sister's Minestrone Soup. Both were exceptional. We also shared some creme bruleé and another dessert. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and the waiter, Carlos, was friendly and attentive. We ordered a Kunde Zinfandel, which was a good wine choice. The value for the price was excellent. I would definitely go again and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Good food, value, friendly serviceGrateful2dineDined on 4/19/2014Muscio's won't be touted by foodistas because it's not fancy or exotic. However, if one is looking for an accessible, solid meal in an attractive and interesting building, it should satisfy your palate. Reasonably priced. Calamari Dore' was tender and tasty with pleasant servings of side vegetables. The Caesar Salad didn't conform to what was more the norm, but was decent all the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful family birthdaySusieDined on 4/2/2014wonderful family birthday celebration! Our server was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go again.srjdDined on 3/29/2014Good food, friendly (but not intrusive) service. Prompt seating. I loved the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dining with good foodOccasionallyeatoutDined on 3/14/2014I hadn't been here since Cacti closed. I miss that place. The new incarnation is much quieter and more "refined" but its not stuffy. It has the feeling of a large living room (sans a large loud television). Veal Marsala was tasty and tender. Beer was great. Conversation was not the struggle it often is in noisier establishments
- My new favorite Italian in NovatoJulesVIPDined on 3/1/2014Just discovered this place- a worthy competitor to Ghirhenghellis.. great pasta- i recommend the fresh linguine with meat sauce. Also very reasonably priced wine and drinks, great bruschetta. Has a great bar- we'll be back there for happy hour. This place deserves to be busier than it is- apparently word is getting out slowly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novato's bestsrjdDined on 2/22/2014This is the place to go. Pricing is moderate, it is not too noisy, the food was delicious, and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minestrone can't be beat!MarindocVIPDined on 1/3/2014Full Bar, ample portions, friendly wait staff, fair wine prices, large screen TV's- what more can you ask for? We had a nice Chianti Reserva @ only $36 and followed by a cup of a hot, mostly vegetable minestrone that outshines my previous winner in North Beach. A spinach and sausage appetizer! could easily have been a main entree. A Caesar salad needed a bit of lemon juice to sparkle and for $6 more had a large piece of perfectly prepared salmon topping it. This was accompanied with a garlic bread. Others had a prawn and spaghetti with red sauce that was bring home size, a quarter chicken piccata. We finished with cannoli, crisp! and an intense chocolate decadent cake and coffee. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcome addition to NovatoChrisDined on 12/31/2013We have never had a bad experience at Musico's. On New Years Eve I took out-of-state friends there for dinner. We all enjoyed the food, the elegant yet laid-back atmosphere, and the local beer. We were seated promptly and not rushed through our meal. I was proud that I had a local place I could show off to my friends, who have eaten in restaurants all over the world. Although I did. It see any children on NYE, this restaurant is suitable for both families and romantic couples, a tough act to pull off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, pleasant, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013A great place to go with family or friends. The food and service are excellent and not over priced. I feel very welcome and comfortable there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealdinnerwithfamilyDined on 10/25/2013Enjoyed the meal and service. A little too noisy for my taste. Would not hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner on Monday nightKarenDined on 9/23/2013Nice dinner on Monday night - good service and will come there again.Special Features:
- I can't remember having suchOliverDined on 9/22/2013I can't remember having such a disappointing meal and paying top $. The food had absolutely no taste. I did not eat more than a few bites.
- GirlsNite OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013We were treated like queens on our girls night out, given a private alcove and well attended by the staff without being overbearing. Most of us split a salad and a meal, which they happily prepared for us, pre-split and were generous with the portions. We were treated to a Birthday dessert and some scrumptious little hazelnut cookies with our coffee. A very nice time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianbeanygirlDined on 7/11/2013Food was fantastic! Good prawns with fettuchinni with salad. All good!iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor communicationNovatoDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2013I made reservations for a large group of 17 people and requested an outdoors table. I stopped by the restaurant the day before our event and again requested to be seated outside. When my guests arrived before me, they were seated at a table that had been set inside. The heat that day was unbearable. the air conditioning was not on. the door was open but we were in an area by the kitchen with no air circulation. it was a most uncomfortable evening. And with the poor inside accoustics, we could not hear each other talk.
- Great Food, and RomanticPBeagleVIPDined on 6/21/2013Delicious food. Ambience is really nice, and great for a leisurely, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fathers day even in the dark;)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013Good piccata & The staff was very accomodating since the power went OUT and the place was full! They got out flashlights in the kitchen & kept on cooking :-), the wait staff hustled to help everyone have a nice fathers day! Exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopesStroudShowHorsesDined on 6/14/2013I normally give restaurants 3 chances. Sorry, this one will not be getting my business again. Service spotty, food tastes like it is frozen then prepared at the beginning of the day & then heated per order. I didn't eat but one bite of my entree. The waitress asked if I was done & if she could take my plate. No question about why I hadn't eaten any. We quietly told the waitress about the food. Told her we just wanted to let the kitchen know and we completely understand its not her fault. We got attitude in return. I'm the type of diner that says "may I", "please" and "thank you" to everyone. I don't need to go spend $ somewhere that's going to give me over-cooked previously-frozen food with a side of attitude. However, the bar looked fun
- Gals NightKABSDined on 6/11/2013Birthday dinner with 6 ladies. Had a nice table in a private corner. Food/service good. Did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- The menu has been changedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013The menu has been changed and that which we loved before is poor now. The pork chop cries out for mashed potatoes, not rice and certainly not pasta in Marinara sauce! So that's been ruined. Instead I had the chicken with the rice pilaf. The pilaf was little more than white rice and very boring. The chicken's cheese had all leaked out and it was dry. My husband previously loved the lasagna but wouldn't finish it this time. In the past there was the proper balance of lasagna noodles and sauce. Saturday it was mostly sauce and my husband disliked it and just didn't eat. The wedge salad was fine and the focaccia was excellent as always but we won't be back unless the menu changes back to what it was. Gail and Ron Bahr
- Reall neat place in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013Reall neat place in downtown Novato. Food, service, experience are first class.Special Features:
- Muscio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013We have been to this restaurant many times and have always had a good time. The staff are always very friendly and go out of their way to see that we have a good time. The wait staff has always been the best. The food is delicious and the prices are moderate. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Muscio's as a great place to eat in Novato.Special Features:
- Great location, plenty ofBettyVIPDined on 5/12/2013Great location, plenty of parking, excellent brunch choices. Server very friendly but professional. Loved the decor as well as the food.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2013We attended a special wine pairing. The atmosphere was lively - it made for a really fun evening. The food is outstanding, but I knew that already, we've been several times. The service, even though the restaurant was totally packed, was incredible. Our waiter made sure our wine glasses were full and that we were satisfied with our meal. One tiny glich - one of the courses came to our table cold. I mentioned it to our waiter and without hesitation he took our plates, apologized, brought a replacement hot dish. He checked in twice to make sure we were happy. This was such a nice treat! I appreciated that they were so gracious! I think it speaks volumes about a place when they truly are focused on your experience. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wine left a little toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013The wine left a little to be desired but the food was excellent. We enjoyed our meal immensely.Special Features:
- Truly enjoyable meal. PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Truly enjoyable meal. Pasta and Panini were tasty and the service was excellent. Salad combinations were a perfect lunch. Deserts were great. An all around pleasure.Special Features:
- Sunday Dinncer at Muscio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013My wife had been there for lunch. It was a new experience to 3 of us. Many thanks, it was very good. We will be back!Special Features:
- Simply greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/14/2013After checking only one "Special Feature", how could this be one of our favorite restaurants? Simple. Very good food with excellent service. That covers why we go out to eat.Special Features:
- Still haven't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Um I made a late reservation for Sunday evening, show up with my fiancee, and the doors are locked. Lights out. Why do the hours say open? Why was I able to make a reservation? I was so looking forward to Bruschetta too!
- Customers valuedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013We had a interestingly bad experience with our server I had to ask the hostess for a new server coincidently the owner happened to be standing right there and took care of the situation right away gave us a new server and we had no problems with her . She was great with a smile on her face and did her best to make us feel comfortable. The food was great ambiance was great and the owners attentiveness to a bad situation was impressive it showed he really cared about the bottom line and how his customers felt. I would definitely go back I actually can't wait to go enjoy this restaurant again. Also I would like to say we went a week earlier and were impressed on that experience as well.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013Excellent food, great friendly service and a very comfortable place for a relaxed meal.Special Features:
- We love Muscio's and the ambiancelightworker3Dined on 2/15/2013We love Muscio's and the ambiance of the old church is charming. Good bar, good food, but definitely a neighborhood thing. Don't know if their big patio room is open these days, but when it is, there is a nice sort of indoor/outdoor vibe going.Special Features:
- We went for Valentine's Day.Suzette101VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentine's Day. They are kid friendly, and when they saw we had a couple of little ones, they changed our table to give us more space. Great food and fast service. We will be back again.Special Features:
- nice place good food;butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Food was great, nice atmosphere, friendly servers; but it took forever to get drinks and then even more time for dinner. It was a Fri. night and maybe they were short handed; but the waiting for drinks and dinner had everybody shaking their head.Special Features:
- This was one of the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013This was one of the best restaurants I have had good Italian food. Service was excellent and food was awesome. Will definately visit once moreSpecial Features:
- The good news is that at myglr1VIPDined on 1/30/2013The good news is that at my recent lunch the food was excellent and well priced. The server was friendly. Needing a little work -- the service was very spotty and our server seemed to be a newbie with too many tables to keep an eye on. This time I was with a rather large group - I'll definitely be back with a friend or two try again. This is a worthy success to Cacti!Special Features:
- bad managerslochefDined on 1/14/2013In the middle of our meal the manager made us get up and move to a different table than where she originally sat us...
- Food was good, but the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Food was good, but the noise level was very high. Probably won't be back for awhile. Will try again, but not on a Friday night.