Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
26 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6123390909
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5 - 10 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11 am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Hennepin Avenue and Nicollet Mall on 6th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:00 p.m. for $9.
The closest public parking ramp is located at 50 South 6th Street (the second driveway past Murray's on the left).
Other nearby parking is located at the City Center Ramp or the Gaviidae Common Ramp.
A word from Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
Welcome to Murray's Restaurant. Minneapolis' original restaurant for steak since 1946 & home of the award winning Silver Butterknife Steak dinner for two. Also known for mouth watering garlic toast, Hickory Smoked shrimp appetizer, and home baked pies. Well into its third generation of family ownership, Murray's stands out among local and out of town diners alike as a true Twin Cities landmark & continues to provide the best in food and service as it did in 1946.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)romantic (124)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Love it!Tommyboy2Dined on 9/29/2014Every time we visit Murray's fabulous Resturant, everything gets better. We love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional but modernOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Murray's no longer has the pink tablecloths, but it is still an elegant and quiet restaurant for great steaks. The big surprise for us was the quality of the sides. We ordered the famed brussels sprouts (delicious), the risotto (which is new on the menu . . . and delicious), and the mushrooms (delicious).Special Features:
- Always wonderful !susieDined on 9/26/2014As usual, our experience was purely fantastic..The food was superb, perfectly prepared..And our service was outstanding, which made the whole experience absolutely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I shared a birthday celebration here. The food was stellar from the buttery garlic toast, through the Silver Butterknife Dinner for Two and to the chocolate cake for dessert. The service was excellent, although my request for a romantic table for two landed us in a corner of a side room away from the grand décor of the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014as with most dowtown Resturants parking can be a problemSpecial Features:
- Great Historic Steak HouseMikeDined on 9/23/2014The food and service were both incredible and the ambiance was very enjoyable. My customers enjoyed the entire experience. It looks perfect for business meals or Data Night.Special Features:
- Too noisyKILJDined on 9/22/2014Great food, wonderful service but could not hold a conversation with our table mates. Lots of Twins fans in their t-shirts and jeans. Would try to avoid a Twins game in the future.Special Features:
- Great date night!BoomerMNDined on 9/21/2014This is our annual tradition for our anniversary....once again we had a great time and wonderful food. The service is top notch and would recommend for any occasion, we love it for a nice romantic evening out.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our son and daughter-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary at Murrays. It was wonderful. The food was amazing. The staff was wonderful. I had brought flowers and cake -- they put the flowers in a vase and served the cake. They truly went above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray's was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our evening immensely with great ambiance, fantastic food, a decadent anniversary chocolate cake and even extra garlic bread.Special Features:
- a classicluv2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food always top notch,service is always great.The steak was prepared just right the wait staff attentive but not overbearing. Love ding here.Special Features:
- tanddzDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our evening! The food was absolutely excellent, the service was super, the people friendly and helpful! We'll be back. TNZSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationCheHVIPDined on 9/15/2014Murray's is one of our favorite restaurants and they did not disappoint in all areas for a birthday celebration. We had wonderful service and shared a porterhouse and several sides. Everything was timed perfectly and it was a special evening.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsteaks2dieforDined on 9/15/2014Once again, Murray's was a great place to celebrate our anniversary (35 years). The food was exceptional and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodCinderellaDined on 9/15/2014I have been dining at Murray's for 50 years. Just had a wonderful birthday dinner. Waiter was excellent. If you order before 6:00 pm you can get the early dining special which includes beef or seafood, salad, potato and dessert - a great deal. The garlic toast is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love Murray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Nate was a fantastic server. We would go again. It was perfect for our first anniversary.Special Features:
- Amazing SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had an amazing meal! The surf and turf and bleu cheese crusted steak were delicious!Special Features:
- DoreDined on 9/13/2014Great service - there, but not there if you know what I mean. Never had to ask for water refill, manager stopped by to check on things, everyone very attentive and accommodating. Couldn't decide between sides that accompanied meal and wait staff gave us an extra one gratis. Food was great as expected it would be. We ordered the butterknife steak and a walleye dinner. Steak done to perfection as ordered. Maybe not butterknife tender, but tender and flavorful. Walleye moist and cooked right; didn't need extra condiments/seasoning. We occupied table talking for longer than maybe needed after eating, but never felt pushed or rushed to leave with people waiting to be seated. Enjoyable, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VictualsontheTownDined on 9/12/2014Old school, upscale place. Service excellent, but not intrusive. Food a stand out. Good wine. Good cocktails. Arrived early. Valet was courtous and acommodating. We were seated within minutes of arrival. Bar staff was excellent. If you want a first rate dinning experience without the annoyance of the "scene" this is you placeSpecial Features:
- A Family Favorite!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Murray's is the total package!!!! Ambience, amazing food and 5 Star service!!!! Hands down, no other competition!!!Special Features:
- Murray's never disappoints.DanJakeDined on 9/12/2014Murray's is a gem that we often overlook with so many restaurants in area in which to choose. The food is always outstanding and the servers are knowledgeable and professional. Murray's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommyboy2Dined on 9/11/2014Murray's has always been our go to place for our families special events. Thank you for great device, food quality, and consistency throughout. We are always made to feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchMagicsmomDined on 9/9/2014My family and I met for lunch on my birthday. Murray's is always my top pick, but this year, it was especially nice. Everything was perfect, the atmosphere was quiet and intimate, soft lighting made you feel relaxed. The servers (Marina was our main server)were excellent, answering questions about the food, and offering suggestions. The salad is always fresh and crisp. Several of us enjoyed the luncheon steak, it was delicious. My sister loved her shrimp cocktail and crab cake as well. And the desserts! Try the raspberry tart....it is light, refreshing, and worth coming back for! We all agreed we had a great time, a superb lunch, and I had a very happy birthday. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!FoodiefromNashvilleDined on 9/7/2014I used to go to Murray's in the late 80s when I lived in Mpls. My husband had a "big" birthday, and we flew up from Nashville to celebrate. The Chateaubirand was better than I remembered it. My husband said he had never tasted a better meal. It was an absolute hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth It!honeymoonersDined on 9/6/2014After getting a sampling of Murray's garlic toast from Sun Country Airlines while on our honeymoon we decided to plan a date to the restaurant for our first anniversary. It was perfect!! Of course their garlic toast is delicious, but everything else was just as fabulous. The lobster bisque was to die for, and I can see why people rave about their au gratin potatoes. And best of all was our steak; cooked absolutely perfectly. We could not have asked for anything better. Thank you for an amazing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Really I picked this place because it looked like the best place in Minneapolis to have chateaubriand for two and it sure didn't disappoint. One of the best cuts of meat I've ever had and it was prepared to perfection. Service was attentive but not hovering, and the desert was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but so good.TmbilligDined on 9/6/2014Murray's is a special occasion spot for us, quite expensive, but food always cooked and prepared very well. All items on menu are ala cart, so keep that in mind when ordering. Very easy to drop $100+ for 2 if ordering steaks - chicken and fish entree's may run you a bit less. Our waiter, this time. must have been new. He didn't seem to be a knowledgeable as others we overheard explaining the various menu items to their patrons.Special Features:
- Good first impressionWallyDined on 9/4/2014We've lived for over 40 years in the Twin Cities area and had never been to Murray's. Hard to believe, but true. We went prior to attending The Book of Mormon at the Orpheum. We'd read about the remodeling that had been to done to update the place and were impressed with how it turned out. Our fears that it was a really old fashioned place turned out to be unfounded. We ordered the dinner special starting with a wonderful Caesar Salad, followed by a perfectly prepared sirloin steak, topped off by terrific bread pudding for me and a nice creme brule for my wife. All in all, a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014I grew up in Minneapolis and went to Murrays at least once per year. I now live in Miami and was in town with some friends and brought them all to Murrays for the Silver Butterknife. The steak is as good as ever. It is one of the best steaks you will find anywhere, period.Special Features:
- Thanks,Mr.Slim!TokyoDined on 9/2/2014Food is delicious, Service representative was very good. I also want to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We dined there on August 31st. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was very pleasing. The ambiance is quiet so it was easy to carry on a conversation. The restaurant is an upscale dining, but many diners dressed very casually. Our food was prepared as expected and very good. Service staff checked back often, but not overbearing. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great Steak and CocktailsFrostbittenDined on 8/31/2014Made an early reservation, 5:00PM, on a Sunday to have dinner after attending a matinee at the Orpheum. Love that Murray's is such a quick walk to the light rail station so no worries about parking or driving home after a couple cocktails. I had the seasonal Lady Slipper and it was superb. The Chateau Briand for 2 was exceptional. We'll be back.Special Features:
- JulieLovelyeveningDined on 8/30/2014We, from the moment we entered Murray's, felt welcomed. The staff was very friendly, efficient, and professional. We also liked the fact we were greeted by the owner. We enjoyed our anniversary dinner with one of Murray's signature steaks, and a great choice on wine. It became a memorable experience for myself and my husband. Thank you Matt and Oscar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingBergGirlDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, ambiance is unbeatable. Garlic Toast is the best I have ever had in my entire life! Steak melts in your mouth. Friendly and professional staff.Special Features:
- Murray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Always great food and great service, one of are favoritesSpecial Features:
- 30th wedding anniversaryRedsDined on 8/24/2014We have been coming to Murray's for 30 years and the food and service is always superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional, but not stodgyOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2014Traditional charm and elegance, modern efficiency and broad-based clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occafoodie82Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined at Murray's over two years ago while visiting Minneapolis as a couple for the first time. It was superb! When we made plans to attend a Twins game this summer, we made sure Murray's was on our list for dinner. The renovations were fantastic and the food was as memorable as the first time. We also tried the cheesecake to celebrate, it was divine. Thank you for making our trip to Minneapolis a truly memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration121926Dined on 8/23/2014This couldn't have been nicer. From the bartender (Nick) when we walked in to our server (Sophia) during dinner. All were very knowledgeable with the menu (our first visit) and guided us through some of the best food I have ever eaten. Recommend the steak tartar and of course their signature steak. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicem1ndxDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, only complaint there was that the steak was salted too much, but otherwise perfect. It was very loud in the bar, but got a bit more quiet once in the main dining room. Would probably go there againSpecial Features: