Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
26 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6123390909x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5 - 10 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11 am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Hennepin Avenue and Nicollet Mall on 6th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:00 p.m. for $10.
The closest public parking ramp is located at 50 South 6th Street (the second driveway past Murray's on the left).
Other nearby parking is located at the City Center Ramp or the Gaviidae Common Ramp.
A word from Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
Welcome to Murray's Restaurant. Minneapolis' original restaurant for steak since 1946 & home of the award winning Silver Butterknife Steak dinner for two. Also known for mouth watering garlic toast, Hickory Smoked shrimp appetizer, and home baked pies. Well into its third generation of family ownership, Murray's stands out among local and out of town diners alike as a true Twin Cities landmark & continues to provide the best in food and service as it did in 1946.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)romantic (124)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- wonderful againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Each time we come to Murray's everything is done just right. Everyone is where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there. The food is spot on from presentation to flavor. Once again the Silver Butter Knife steak was fabulous. We order it "light" on the seasoning salt, and prefer that taste much better. My girlfriend likes medium, I like medium rare, no problem, she got the end pieces and I got the middle pieces, perfect. They have done this before....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyMMMmmmDined on 10/18/2014Tim and his crew NEVER disappoint. The attention to detail, level of service, quality of product, and sophisticated atmosphere make Murray's the acme of Minneapolis fine dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014One of my favorite stops in Minny. Never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegendaryMikeDined on 10/17/2014After all these years hearing about Murrays, it was everything we had hopedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Literally the best steak I have ever had. I can't wait for my next trip back to the Twin Cities so I can visit Murray's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good traditional steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Our dinner at Murray's was highlighted by prompt seating, nice ambiance, excellent service throughout the meal, and good food prepared accurately and delivered timely. Classic steakhouse experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDjeatsDined on 10/12/2014Good service and good food. A nice place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningJohnVIPDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. Silver butter knife steak prepared perfectly. Service was attentive and friendly. The bar scene before and after dinner was vibrant and fun. We give the Murrys team our top score!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner on Zombie NightmedwellDined on 10/11/2014We had a good night at Murray's . It is too bad Mpls. put a silly event(Zombie Pub Crawl) as a priority.They shut down streets and made the valet parking a frustration. It wasn't Murray's fault.They were nice enough to give us a gift card for a future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Lovely timeStaceyDDined on 10/11/2014Had a lovely time, food was great, remodle is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray's no longer fits reputationWorldtravelerDined on 10/10/2014The service was very slow, not well trained and made mistakes with our order. The food was mediocre and both the steak and rack of lamb were over cooked and over dressed in sauce or bread crumbs. Because of this, we could not eat most of it and asked to have it wrapped. Long story short, my friend left the "doggy bag" at the table feeling it was not fit to be served to her dog.
- MirMir17Dined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my daughter's 17th birthday at Murray's. The food was amazing, along with the service. T.J. was our waiter, and he did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father & Son DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014Thanks for making the father & son special dinner a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- AmazingAmandaDined on 10/4/2014I took my husband here for his birthday because he loves steak. I had heard about their butter knife steak and was curious as well. The staff was wonderful, Clinton was a fabulous waiter with a friendly wit and excellent suggestions, the food was delicious, and you really can cut their steak with a butter knife! We had a great time, and hope to return:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJustOKDined on 10/3/2014Just OK isn't what you expect when you go to Murray's. This is a treat for my wife and I to come up and enjoy a nice date night away from our 5 children. We always go to Murray's because we know we won't leave disappointed when we leave. This trip up was a little disappointing. I will start by saying my steak was fabulous as always and I'm drooling as I think about it. My wife's steak on the other hand was not so good. We both ordered the Ribeye and again mine was great and her's was not. It was cooked right but it was tough, chewy and didn't taste right. We would have asked for a different cut but our server was busy and didn't make it back to out table until I had finished my steak and the wife didn't want to be the only person eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedoverseerDined on 10/2/2014We were visiting MN from out of state and were looking up the best restaurants in the area. It didn't disappoint--the 2 of us opted to split a 20 oz ribeye and then do soup (french onion was delicious) and sides (au gratin potatoes, sauteed mushrooms). The steak was very well seasoned and I had the stilton to go alongside. The server was very friendly and even offered a complimentary chocolate cake at the end to pair with our red wine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Although the steaks were out of this world we were very disappointed with the side dishes. The Au Gratin Potatoes were swimming in cheese not baked as they should be. The Brussel Sprouts were cold and hard (not tender and warm) and the sauce was very undesirable. The French Onion Soup was excellent along with the Salad. The Szechuan Green Beans were good except swimming in sauce once again. I hope you view this as a positive input and not a slam on your Restaurant.
- Great Great Food!MichaelSoenenVIPDined on 9/30/2014So many steak houses are all the same. Not so at Murray's...great food, service and wine list. Well done.Special Features:
- Great steaks!MomofMaynardDined on 9/30/2014We traveled from Cleveland to see the opening concert of the Fleetwood Mac tour and wanted to dine at an independently owned upper scale restaurant, and Murray's fit the bill. The steaks were fantastic and all of our order, including the escargot and ala carte side dishes, were perfectly prepared. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Minneapolis who is seeking fine dining at a unique, homegrown venue.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindAmbianceandArtistryDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I had a special dinner to celebrate a special occassion. Murray's tradition of fine food and dining still shines. The steaks were done to perfection, as requested. We loved the wine selection and found the variety of wines to be broad and comprehensive. We'll definitely put Murray's on our radar for other downtown dining occassions in the future. We loved the restaurant and the tradition that spans decades. We'll have to stop by the bar, sometime, before our next theater event for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightkubesDined on 9/30/2014The new décor is great--the ambiance is right. Our server, Marcia, is as good as they come. And, anyone who doesn't appreciate Murray's steaks (and excellent cocktails), doesn't have a clue. "Date night" in the city doesn't get much better.Special Features:
- Always a Joy!AwesomeDined on 9/30/2014I've been to Murray's several times over the years ... for lunch and dinner. The staff is always warm and friendly, as is the atmosphere. Menu and wine list are extensive ... lots to pick from. Every meal has been delicious! And the garlic toast ... well, what can I say???Special Features:
- Love it!Tommyboy2Dined on 9/29/2014Every time we visit Murray's fabulous Resturant, everything gets better. We love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional but moderntukeDined on 9/28/2014Murray's no longer has the pink tablecloths, but it is still an elegant and quiet restaurant for great steaks. The big surprise for us was the quality of the sides. We ordered the famed brussels sprouts (delicious), the risotto (which is new on the menu . . . and delicious), and the mushrooms (delicious).Special Features:
- Always wonderful !susieDined on 9/26/2014As usual, our experience was purely fantastic..The food was superb, perfectly prepared..And our service was outstanding, which made the whole experience absolutely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful special occasion spotHungry1Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I shared a birthday celebration here. The food was stellar from the buttery garlic toast, through the Silver Butterknife Dinner for Two and to the chocolate cake for dessert. The service was excellent, although my request for a romantic table for two landed us in a corner of a side room away from the grand décor of the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change the name of our steaktastebudDined on 9/25/2014Took an out of town guest to Murray's. What a disappointment. Two of us order the butter knife steak. It was almost like shoe leather. Why do they continue to call this butter knife steak? I complained to the waiter, Dennis - we can't be the only patrons to feel this. My husband order the strawberry dessert - they were out of it. I'll never return to what was once a MSP staple. How sad.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014as with most dowtown Resturants parking can be a problemSpecial Features:
- Great Historic Steak HouseMikeDined on 9/23/2014The food and service were both incredible and the ambiance was very enjoyable. My customers enjoyed the entire experience. It looks perfect for business meals or Data Night.Special Features:
- Too noisyKILJDined on 9/22/2014Great food, wonderful service but could not hold a conversation with our table mates. Lots of Twins fans in their t-shirts and jeans. Would try to avoid a Twins game in the future.Special Features:
- Great date night!BoomerMNDined on 9/21/2014This is our annual tradition for our anniversary....once again we had a great time and wonderful food. The service is top notch and would recommend for any occasion, we love it for a nice romantic evening out.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our son and daughter-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary at Murrays. It was wonderful. The food was amazing. The staff was wonderful. I had brought flowers and cake -- they put the flowers in a vase and served the cake. They truly went above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray's was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our evening immensely with great ambiance, fantastic food, a decadent anniversary chocolate cake and even extra garlic bread.Special Features:
- a classicluv2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food always top notch,service is always great.The steak was prepared just right the wait staff attentive but not overbearing. Love ding here.Special Features:
- tanddzDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our evening! The food was absolutely excellent, the service was super, the people friendly and helpful! We'll be back. TNZSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationCheHVIPDined on 9/15/2014Murray's is one of our favorite restaurants and they did not disappoint in all areas for a birthday celebration. We had wonderful service and shared a porterhouse and several sides. Everything was timed perfectly and it was a special evening.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsteaks2dieforDined on 9/15/2014Once again, Murray's was a great place to celebrate our anniversary (35 years). The food was exceptional and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodCinderellaDined on 9/15/2014I have been dining at Murray's for 50 years. Just had a wonderful birthday dinner. Waiter was excellent. If you order before 6:00 pm you can get the early dining special which includes beef or seafood, salad, potato and dessert - a great deal. The garlic toast is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love Murray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Nate was a fantastic server. We would go again. It was perfect for our first anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The steak and garlic toast are the only two items I enjoyed. My lobster tail was just ok and my hubby has had a better salad at Outback.