Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
24 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6123390909x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5 – 10:30 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Between Hennepin Avenue and Nicollet Mall on 6th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking begins at 5:00 p.m. for $9.
The closest public parking ramp is located at 50 South 6th Street (the second driveway past Murray's on the left).
Other nearby parking is located at the City Center Ramp or the Gaviidae Common Ramp.
A word from Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
Welcome to Murray's Restaurant. Minneapolis' original restaurant for steak since 1946 & home of the award winning Silver Butterknife Steak dinner for two. Also known for mouth watering garlic toast, Hickory Smoked shrimp appetizer, and home baked pies. Well into its third generation of family ownership, Murray's stands out among local and out of town diners alike as a true Twin Cities landmark & continues to provide the best in food and service as it did 59 years ago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Murray's Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (115)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (60)great for lunch (42)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We dined there on August 31st. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was very pleasing. The ambiance is quiet so it was easy to carry on a conversation. The restaurant is an upscale dining, but many diners dressed very casually. Our food was prepared as expected and very good. Service staff checked back often, but not overbearing. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- JulieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We, from the moment we entered Murray's, felt welcomed. The staff was very friendly, efficient, and professional. We also liked the fact we were greeted by the owner. We enjoyed our anniversary dinner with one of Murray's signature steaks, and a great choice on wine. It became a memorable experience for myself and my husband. Thank you Matt and Oscar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingBergGirlDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, ambiance is unbeatable. Garlic Toast is the best I have ever had in my entire life! Steak melts in your mouth. Friendly and professional staff.Special Features:
- Murray'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Always great food and great service, one of are favoritesSpecial Features:
- 30th wedding anniversaryRedsDined on 8/24/2014We have been coming to Murray's for 30 years and the food and service is always superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional, but not stodgyOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2014Traditional charm and elegance, modern efficiency and broad-based clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occafoodie82Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined at Murray's over two years ago while visiting Minneapolis as a couple for the first time. It was superb! When we made plans to attend a Twins game this summer, we made sure Murray's was on our list for dinner. The renovations were fantastic and the food was as memorable as the first time. We also tried the cheesecake to celebrate, it was divine. Thank you for making our trip to Minneapolis a truly memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration121926Dined on 8/23/2014This couldn't have been nicer. From the bartender (Nick) when we walked in to our server (Sophia) during dinner. All were very knowledgeable with the menu (our first visit) and guided us through some of the best food I have ever eaten. Recommend the steak tartar and of course their signature steak. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicem1ndxDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, only complaint there was that the steak was salted too much, but otherwise perfect. It was very loud in the bar, but got a bit more quiet once in the main dining room. Would probably go there againSpecial Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingLeslieDined on 8/22/2014I made reservations at Murray's for my husband’s 50th birthday dinner. He had never been to Murrays before and I had not been in years, which I don't know why. It is now our new favorite restaurant in Minneapolis! The food was superb, the service was equally as pleasant and we truly had a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray's Always a HitGary1950Dined on 8/19/2014Great evening with friends--great food--great wine--great service. Always a hit!Special Features:
- Great steak!!BarbaraDined on 8/18/2014Fantastic dinner -- best filet ever. They were wonderful about splitting our food for us (we always share). Lovely helpful waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDaBestDined on 8/16/2014One of my favorite places to eat, fantastic food and service. Tim is a great manager, hands down one of the best! Food prices are great, butter knife steak...to die for!! Thank you againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGGGGGG!AMAZINGDined on 8/16/2014We originally tried to book the number one rated steakhouse downtown and it was full. Murray's was rated #2 and we got a late night opening luckily. It was AMAZING! The service, the cocktails, the waiter (TJ), and the food...all of it was superior. We love great food and service and Murray's exceeded our expectations. We were so impressed we went back the next night! Great place for fabulous steaks!Special Features:
- The Best Streak, EverMucha507Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my son's birthday at Murray's and it was the perfect place to do so. The quality of the steaks is legendary. The service is top-notch; very attentive and not snooty - very personable servers. There steaks are tender and flavorful, which is not news and why you go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NoviceDined on 8/16/2014My entire experience at Murray's was wonderful! We were greeted by two very friendly hostesses and seated right away. Our server was very knowledgable and the way he described the specials of the evening made me want to try them both! I ended up having the filet, and it was seasoned perfectly and melted in my mouth! One of the owners stopped by the table to greet us and make sure everything was to our liking. Another owner thanked us for coming and wished us a good night as we were leaving. This was our first dining experience at Murray's, and it surpassed our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChelkonesDined on 8/16/2014The servers were great! Always had a full glass of water! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousOkayVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great for a work dinner. Food was amazing, quick enough and perfect size portions. I love this steakhouse in Minneapolis and I have been to them all...thanks!Special Features:
- GREATLuv2eatDined on 8/13/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter Louis was excellent. We will absolutely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟MplsfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Food was amazing! Everything from their garlic toast to the butter knife steak. And the service was fantastic. Nate & Frank were very warm, friendly & personable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014excellent food and service; the entire staff helps outSpecial Features:
- Excellent, as always.PeteGjDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food and outstanding service as always. If you're lucky enough to be there when they have the bone in filet, you must try it.Special Features:
- Great SteakKayRaeDined on 8/2/2014If you are looking for a higher end steak dinner in Minneapolis, Murray's is great. The food was delicious and the service was both efficient and professional.Special Features:
- Great first timeGreat4dateDined on 8/2/2014Overall had an amazing time. Great food great atmosphere great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Nightjrd655Dined on 8/2/2014Had a fantastic dinner before the McCartney concert, both the wife and I had a great time and fantastic dinner. I know a world steak house before seeing McCartney who is a vegan a bit odd, but to each his own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I went to Murray's on her birthday. I had told Murray's in my reservation about my wife's birthday and that we had requested Marcia for our server if she was available. Marcia was available and she always does a superb job! We enjoyed talking to her as always and her attentiveness was great. After we had finished our dinner, Marcia brought my wife a small chocolate birthday cake! What a great surprise! As usual, all of our food and our cocktails were fabulous. We plan to come back soon.Special Features:
- A ClassicDonaldVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always enjoy my time at this classic eatng establishment. Staks and seafood of of great quality. Service is wonderful. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great nite at Murray's for our.reeks7Dined on 7/28/2014Our nite and meal was the best service was outstanding the steaks and potatoes salads were good we were never rushed and drinks were very good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmplsfoodcriticDined on 7/26/2014As a person who appreciates a good steak, I was looking forward to trying the famous butter knife steak. I was disappointed to find my steak had little to no flavor at all.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerHystrngDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant was busy on a Friday evening but was very accommodating to give us a booth as we had requested. Murray's also pushed our reservation to an hour later when we were held up in traffic on our way into Minneapolis. Steaks were perfectly cooked and sides were generous portions. Great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDLostClassDined on 7/25/2014In the past Murray's was one of "The Places" for Special Occasions. We were very disappointed & will not go back. My husband & one other man had Jackets on. There were shorts, T-Shirts & everything in between. Murray's has lost it's Class! Our Silver Butter Knife steak could barely be cut with our steak knives, certainly not a butter knife.
- Simply GreatmaninblackDined on 7/21/2014If you like great steaks this is the place, by yourself or with someone else. This is a classic steakhouse, the ambiance is 1930's with a modern touch. The waitstaff are knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing. The wine and other drinks list very good.Special Features:
- The Classic Has Still Got ItLifeIsGoodDined on 7/19/2014We took a group of 10 (6 adults and 4 kids 7-12 yr.) to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. Because the adults had all been to Murray's several times in the past, we knew what to expect. They provided the quality to satisfy the foodie in me and my wife, the menu to keep everyone happy, the ambiance to keep my Dad happy-old school classy without him thinking he was in some chic foo-foo joint, which would have kept him yapping all night, and the service to effortlessly and properly provide a first-class dining experience for a party of 10. They accommodated our kids cheerfully, made my Mom feel special, and provided a great experience. Thank you Open Table and Murray's for making our special occasion effortless and memorable.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KlienDined on 7/12/2014Once again, Murray's has proven to be the absolute best! My wife and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased. The food and service was outstanding and we enjoyed a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thejaguarDined on 7/11/2014fortunately, my guests were great people. The food was OK, but I have never tasted a prime rib that was smoked ! Made it difficult to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014It was a very nice dining experience. Our waiter was excellent, and took time with us without being overbearing. The seating was lovely and the room was beautiful. When we left a small, noisy child was seated at the next table, but we were finished and so the child's yelling did not affect us. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- MURRAY'Scharlie3Dined on 7/10/2014We always go to Murray's to celebrate our special occasions!! The silver butter knife steak for two is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageBogeymanDined on 7/5/2014For a highly rated and rather expensive the restaurant was average at best. That includes the food as well as the service. We were disappointed and will not return. There are multiple choices for better restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. However, the hostess was very accommodating.
- ExcellentvisitorDined on 7/5/2014One of the truly great places for dinner. Best steak I have enjoyed in some time. Terrific experienced wait staff. The owner stopped by to make sure all was well. Traditional excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InfrequentDinerFestiveSallyVIPDined on 7/2/2014It was a special occasion for us (26th Anniversary) and we were excited to dine at Murray's. The food was good, but not really spectacular for the amount of money. It was a nice place for a special occasion, but I can't see myself going back for just a dinner out. Our server was very nice and even brought us a complimentary dessert to celebrate our special occasion. Our server was very nice, but for the amount of $ we paid to dine there I would have expected that the young man that seated us would have pulled out my chair for me, but instead did a half circle around the table and basically pointed to the table and chairs as if to say - "there it is".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.