Murray's Cheese Bar
264 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Murray's Cheese Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.murrayscheesebar.com/
- Phone: (646) 476-8882
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:30pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact CheeseBar@murrayscheese.com
- Private Party Contact: Cheesebar@murrayscheese.com 2122433289
- Special Events: Monday, Nov. 10: Meet The Cheesemaker Dinner w/ Jasper Hill Farms.
-Tickets available: http://www.murrayscheese.com/classes/dinner-with-jasper-hill-farm-at-murray-s-cheese-bar-monday-monday-november-10.html
Saturday, Nov. 15: Brunch with Vermont Creamery with special guest Allison Hooper
-Tickets available: http://www.murrayscheese.com/classes/brunch-with-vermont-creamery-at-murray-s-cheese-bar-sat-nov-15-12-30-2-pm.html
A word from Murray's Cheese Bar
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Murray's Cheese Bar - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
Murray's Cheese Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (29)good for groups (27)romantic (26)hot spot (24)special occasion (22)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- wordpicturVIPDined on 11/25/2014This is a very specific menu. Cheese and more cheese. But on the right night, it's great. Also the wine list is surprisingly, unexpectedly varied and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray's is absolutely delicious!DeliciousDined on 11/18/2014The Burrata Toast was my favorite and then the French Onion Soup. I recommend going to Murray's ASAP! Great food, great scene and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheesyshanagementVIPDined on 11/18/2014I love Murrays! From the cheese plate to the seasonal salad, I can come here a million times and not get bored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Cheese!CaitieVIPDined on 11/13/2014Great restaurant if you enjoy cheese and wine. The menu had a wide variety of cheese choices and small plates. If you're unsure which cheeses to choose, let the chef know what you like and don't like and he will create a magnificent cheese sampler for you, meats and garnishes included!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love CheeseNYCLIfoodfavDined on 11/8/2014Murray's Cheese Bar is delicious. It is a fun place to go on a date or bring a friend for wine. We had fun sharing cheese plates and tasting wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Great place, though a little crowded. Still loved it!
- Fun and deliciousPattiDined on 11/8/2014I'm a real cheese fan, so this was a slice (OK, several slices!) of heaven. There are other interesting options on the menu, but once I saw the cheese selections, I saw nothing else. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesAllOvrNYDined on 11/5/2014Murray's is absolutely my go-to place when in doubt. The food is awesome and the staff are very attentive.Special Features:
- Love this placeAntandKateDined on 11/4/2014We came here twice during our stay in New York. Can't get enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but priceyFoodmmmmmDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I went here for her birthday. We had a great time and enjoyed the cheese meat and wine that were recommended to us by the monger. We were presented with a great sampling of what they have to offer here. The service was not good and the prices were steep. I would come here again for a special occasion, but not on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMademoiselleModeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Both of the burgers we ordered seemed like they didn't have cheese on them because it melted so much, however the meat was very good. The mac and cheese with chorizo was delicious and we split it among 4 people which I totally recommend for obvious reasons. The omelette with goat cheese and asparagus was just okay.
- Cheese ExperiencesergiftDined on 10/31/2014Great experience at Murray's Cheese Bar, good price-quality relationship with the menu for lunch (25 $ + taxes). I recommend the classic "Mac & Cheese". They have a wide selection of cheeses from the all over the world (I'm from Catalonia, Spain, and I could see a very good Catalan cheese in their selection).Special Features:
- Like FrancethevikingandthefrogDined on 10/29/2014Good atmosphere, great cheese. Wine is a bit expensive, at least for someone coming from europe, and the amount of cheese was not impressive. But the food was SO good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itmorecheesepleaseDined on 10/29/2014We had a fantastic evening at Murray's Cheese Bar. The cheese was amazing and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fun SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food on the menu is pretty unique and tastes great. I recommend one of the meat/cheese platters. Keep in mind, the food is MUCH more filling than we planned. We ordered way more than we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!JobladyDined on 10/25/2014We were pleasantly surprised at brunch yesterday. The menu is great; really something for everyone. The cheese flights are great, and the cheesemonger is there to explain/describe what you are getting, perfect poached eggs and a delicious and interesting salad. The music was much too loud but was turned down when we asked. It's something that they need to fine-tune; selection was perfect for the venue but there was inconsistent volume from song to song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeilovefoodDined on 10/24/2014We went for the Cider Week Prix fixe, and it was great! The seasonal mac and cheese was amazing, as well as the cider & cheese pairings. They gave good portions for the cheese too. I absolutely LOVED the music playing too, I even had to ask what pandora station they listened to.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Love cheese and meat. They had a great selection. Service was great as well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Comfort FoodCaressaandDavidDined on 10/22/2014Great restaurant for winter especially! Warm ambiance, great comfort food (they do an AMAZING mac n cheese!) and friendly servers. If I had to critic anything, all 4 times we have been there, the hostess has been very cold and sometimes rude. The servers however are opposite and very friendly and the food makes up for the front short comings! Besides having to work on their hostess staff a little better, this place is definitely a neighborhood gem! A little expensive, but you get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Great brunchEmilyDined on 10/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised by how great brunch was here. My friend and I really enjoyed our meals and the service was good - we were not rushed at all. It is rare to have a brunch spot in the West Village where you can linger over good food and enjoy a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot!AllOvrNYDined on 10/18/2014I absolutely love Murray's - the cheese and accompaniment pairings are fantastic and the Lambrusco is a great find. This is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Murray's Never DisappointsLeslieLanaeDined on 10/13/2014Murray's Cheese Bar is one of my favorite places to bring visitors. It has a hip feel, a great soundtrack and friendly, knowledgeable staff. We usually get the Cheesemonger's Choice along with several other small plates for sharing. The seasonal menu changes with fresh ingredients and inventive recipes. A wonderful place to celebrate or share a romantic evening. Great drinks for pairing, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little heaven on earthCheesefeverDined on 10/12/2014This place was a cheese lovers paradise. Besides the Mac and cheese being AMAZING!! Their cheesecake is something out of the ordinary. It's topped with cherries and it comes with the best fig crust I've ever sunk my teeth in to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back ASAPSlapfighterDined on 10/11/2014I can't recommend it highly enough. I watched the hostess field walk-ins with RIDICULOUS requests for large parties, last-minute, at peak brunch time. She actually tried to help them, and did her best. They sat us super fast, and we had a server at our table (which was awesome) right away. Drinks were refreshed, food was fast, and we loved that the cheesemonger came out and walked us through her selects. The food was fantastic, everyone was very nice even though they were slammed. We hit the market next door and stocked up immediately after. Same kind of friendly vibe from the staff there as well. So, so, so good.Special Features:
- Great food and funJerry345Dined on 10/10/2014Really nice place and we had a lot of fun sharing all te different plates and platters. The only thing we thought was the price for drinks was high. The tables are small so expect to get cozy. There is one big table for large groups though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomelove2dineDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service again! I've dined at Murray's four times in the last couple of months and absolutely enjoyed my experiences each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a fanMaryjaneDined on 10/7/2014I've been to Murray's several times and it never disappoints. Lots of cheeses to try but if you aren't up to picking from the extensive list, you can't go wrong with the "cheesemonger's choice" sampler. Great selection of fancy ciders too. My only complaint is that it is pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODvk255Dined on 10/5/2014Seated immediately, the food was INSANELY good. Not cheap, but just SO WORTH IT. The Farmer's Breakfast was unreal. Kale Caesar was also very good. Great Cabernet Sauvignon by the glass. Service was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic--even with the kids!KfdesjDined on 10/4/2014We brought our kids (ages 8 and 10) there at 4pm to experience the cheese selection (after a day at the museums) and we had a fantastic time exploring the tastes and textures. Kids loved the "fancy" experience--still, we saw high chairs available there so we didn't feel out of place. Adults enjoyed the wine list, the amazing cheese, and the respectful way the staff treated the kids. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceJimmyDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant surpassed our expectations. The service was outstanding and the cheese dishes and platters were really impressive. The young women making the cheese platters was very enthusiastic and interested in educating us on all the cheeses on our platters. We sat at the bar and were very well taken care of. Our kids LOVED it. Good work Murray's Cheese Bar. You are a gem. and everyone should know it!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014This place is awesome. The cheese, and especially the cheese pairings, are still the highlight and not to be missed. But the food is good too. But do not fail to get yourself some cheese pairings.Special Features:
- Unique!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Murray's Cheese Bar is great- as long as you like cheese! Every dish we ordered was fantastic, but we particularly enjoyed the original mac n cheese. Our favorite part of our visit was actually the staff- they were enthusiastic and actually showed their personalities, which made us feel comfortable and like we were among friends. Our only minor complaint was the lack of privacy afforded by the seating arrangements; you are so close to the other tables it's hard not to feel like you are intruding on their conversations!Special Features:
- Great cheese selection, fun place!lbovVIPDined on 9/21/2014This cheese bar has a wonderful energetic atmosphere and the cheeses are delicious. Coming from France, I tend to be quite picky when it comes to cheeses and I was very pleasantly surprised. The service is pretty slow but it is understandable considering how packed they were on a sunday around brunch time. Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/20/2014Murray's is a kind of cheese-centric bistro, Greenwich-Village-casual and painfully loud. The food is good, if not revelatory. Diners who are sophisticated about cheese might find preparations safe and timid. But though the restaurant's recipes may be unadventurous, they're pleasantly tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLikesmurrayVIPDined on 9/14/2014What a wonderful staff and amazing food! Everything about our brunch there was perfect and I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay!CatDestroDined on 9/12/2014I've been to Murray's Cheese Bar twice in the last 3 months and I'm most likely going to visit again. The service and staff are friendly and the food is awesome. Oh yeah, I love cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantTryingnewplacesVIPDined on 9/5/2014More cheese than you know what to do with, except to love every minute. Really flavorful and creative dishes, nice wine list and very good service. A little loud for a date though definitely a cool spot.Special Features:
- Grilled cheeseBoedostDined on 9/4/2014So delicious -- great appetizers----burgers-----very loud thoughSpecial Features:
- MamaPDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time and a GREAT meal! Staff was friendly and never rushed us. Helped to make it a memorable birthday for our guest of honor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJennyDined on 8/28/2014Wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it would be good considering the reviews I had heard in the past. But it was excellent! Went with a group of 8 for my birthday and had the best night. We weren't rushed off the table, the service was outstanding and just overall great experienceSpecial Features: