601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: (415) 339-4750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)special occasion (112)romantic (91)fit for foodies (84)great for outdoor dining (76)notable wine list (67)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (57)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (10)Show More
- poor value for thanksgiving mealottoDined on 11/27/2014My wife and I had an out of town guest for thanksgiving so we made reservations at Murray circle for the special occasion. Our food was mediocre at best. Our first course soup was barely warm. Our salads were good. The main disappointment was the small plates of turkey accompanied by a few bites of stuffing and a few bites of brussell sprouts. Mashed potatoes were also just a mildly warmed plop of averageness. My bill for three, with a few beers and tip was $400. We could have eaten better at any $9.95 buffet. That was easily the most I have ever paid for such little value. Great ambiance though, just not worth the price.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!1CaliforniaGrammieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have enjoyed breakfast here before and never been disappointed. The menu is always fresh and varied in addition to the usual breakfast fare. I had a chicken hash with poached eggs and it was perfect. The bloody mary was special too! Best of all, the Golden Gate view is tough to beat no matter the weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014We had a wonderful dining experience - the location and scenery are gorgeous, the service was friendly and accommodating, and the food: delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check Please caveat emptorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014Hotel and scene were fantastic. We ate at Murray Circle for breakfast twice outside and we really enjoyed. However our dinner was mixed. The kale salad was tasty,the bone marrow was ok,the venison terrific but probably 5 ounces,with the accompanying sides practically non-existent. The biggest disappointment was the fish stew,which is one of their signature dishes. The broth was ok but the fish was non existent except mussels. They loaded the top with 3 big pieces of bread so it looked like the dish was full of fish if you were looking from afar. On Check Please they raved about it. Would not order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray CircleDerekwhDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday here. We had a wonderful table in a corner near a fireplace with a view of the city. We shared an order of Beau Soleil oysters with a glass of Roederer Estate sparkling. My wife had the halibut which was grilled and served with mussels in a delicious broth. I had the Pork Taster which was a large pork chop sitting atop pork belly, both were excellent but what really set it off were the sweet potato dumplings. We enjoyed a bottle of La Fenetre La Paire Syrah-Grenache blend. Overall, the food, the ambiance, and the service, we are attended to by Jocelyn, rated more than the five stars that I was limited to. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionallawmanDined on 11/8/2014On this occasion my meal, especially the trout preparation, was virtually perfect. Our waiter, Julian, was as helpful, efficient & personable as any waiter I've ever observed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceregularlydineoutVIPDined on 11/8/2014Fabulous views, great food, excellent service. This is a special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything But the Food....MakeReservationsDined on 11/3/2014Murray Circle has all of the components for a fabulous restaurant except that the food is unremarkable and at times does not taste very good. The chef tries too hard to prepare something new and different, but does not succeed in making the food appetizing. I will return when they announce that a new chef has been hired.Special Features:
- Delicious!boobooVIPDined on 11/2/2014Do yourself a favor and order the chef's tasting menu with the paired wines. Delicious food, spectacular wines and great service. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningkindofblueDined on 11/1/2014Had a one night get-a-away dinner + breakfast the following day. Dinner was quite good. Fish stew was one of our two apps and in retrospect, should have ordered it as a main. V. nice. Also the boar rips and the quail + a nice lemon dessert (which I cannot remember). Staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast the following morning was pancakes + eggs benedict.Special Features:
- Great food; inattentive serviceFrequentDinerDined on 11/1/2014Food was generally very good but the service was quite slow and inattentive. After taking our drink orders we waited at least 20-25 before our waiter returned, although he took the order of the table next to us, which was seated after we were. He did not return during the meal and seemed to know little about the food. I expect more from a restaurant charging these prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedMmsunshineDined on 10/27/2014It was my husband's birthday and I wanted an exceptional dining experience for him. We had dined at Murray Circle several times in the past and we had been pleased. I was very disappointed this time. First, the menu had changed completely and not for the better. The chef must have nothing more to do than to come up with what he thinks are interesting dishes. Not only are there few choices on the menu, most of them are unappealing. I had the short rib and it was mediocre at best. The dessert menu was the tipping point. I figured at least that would be the redeeming experience but yet again I was met with the most unappealing choices. We just skipped it all together. I will not be going back to Murray Circle anytime soon.
- Good, not greatHaroldMeekerDined on 10/25/2014With friends from out of town we had a Saturday 7:00 reservation. We were seated promptly and offered wine and appetizers. The cheese and charcuterie were great as was the white burgundy. The wine list is extensive/wonderful but the mark ups are high. But after delivering the appetizers our server forgot abut us for over 30 minutes. We asked 2 people to please find him and when he returned he seemed unaware he had left us hanging for so long. We ordered before he could leave and then we waited for the mains. It was after 9:30 before our dinners arrived. The food was good, not great, this place has to do better. In nice weather, I like the porch for a glass of wine and a burger. I recommend Murray Circle for that.Special Features:
- Excellent last-minute restaurantIscadeanDined on 10/23/2014Turned out this was a real find. The fog meant we couldn't see where we were going to end up but we were knocked out by the ambience and, for a Wednesday night it was humming. Two large groups and romantic couples filled the restaurant. The food was good, if a little short on quantity, starters were minute. Wine choice was extensive but expensive. Quality of food preparation was very high and we sent compliments to the chef for some very imaginative food and flavor combinations. Service was perhaps a little slow but this suited out timeframe. We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and true to form the chef had prepared a dessert with the words written on the plate and a candle too. All in all a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Very nice setting-love tables on the porch facing the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge towers. Service outstanding-attentive, knowledgeable of the menu and kitchen. Waiter brought a spontaneous plate of treats when he learned it was my friend's birthday. Drinks from the bar good - wine selection interesting. Unfortunately, meals did not live up to posted ratings. Food was average to just OK. When I requested goat chess rather than cow cheese on my sandwich, due to allergies, it arrived with thick lumps of the cheese that was all you could see and all other flavors were lost. Tasting Plate lunch was average. I would go back to try the dinner menu....it feels like this restaurant has capability to be more - we just missed it at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS TIME: DisappointingMikkiVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is our new fav. Have had dinner 3 times bringing guests two times. Lunch 3 times, this visit: lunch celebrating 52nd Anniversary. Less than the usual exemplary meal. Barely adequate and disappointing.
- Waiter on speedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I come here often because of the location & the view. The food is okay, ambiance charming, rustic & pleasant. Most times the wait staff is delightful, friendly, warm. Today our waiter was running through the dining room, asked us if we were ready to order despite never having brought menus. Slapped our food on the table when it did come (never mind he put the orders in the wrong place), never came by to see how we were (nor refill coffee or water), grabbed my friend's plate to take it away before she was done. She had to ask for it back - awkward. Totally clueless & weirdly fast so that it was distracting & disruptive. I've seen him there before but never like this. Unfortunately this was my friend's first time. She won't be back.Special Features:
- SpectacularjcastilloDined on 10/18/2014I love Murray's Circle. I have had a series of wonderful dining experiences, everything from the food, to the service, to the setting were so special and made the occasion all the more memorable.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed the tasting dinner menu with pairings. What an extraordinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Dinner DatedinewspouseDined on 10/18/2014the crowd is middle age and older, the place is not super noisy. The food is good. Some of it is foody worthy, some of it is just a interesting twist on something you might not expect. Like the Boar ribs.Special Features:
- Come for the View & DrinksCT86Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant occupies some choice real estate near the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery outside the restaurant is gorgeous, but the restaurant's small windows don't afford much of a view. The restaurant's fare also comes up short. The wife and I visited on Saturday and ordered quail and duck. Both of our orders came back dry and bland. The dessert was also disappointing. The drinks were nice, as was the charcuterie platter, but I'd steer clear of their mains in the future.
- ummmJWD3VIPDined on 10/18/2014nothing special except the view. Probably not returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/13/2014Although the menu at first glance appeared to be limited, once you read the descriptions you realize the diversity. Everything was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our selections: salmon and pork variations. The pistachio appetizer was unique, the bread had great texture and flavor, and we enjoyed the imaginative amuse bouche. Desserts completed a wonderful meal - pear eclair and creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just short of expectationRamekinDined on 10/12/2014The setting is lovely. The food was good, but not new or exciting. The best course was dessert! The wine list is top heavy, but a decent $50-60 bottle is available. I chose a $42 Pinot Noir and was sold up to a $72 bottle. I know about team service - one takes your order and another delivers you food, etc., but four people came to the table at different times - so difficult to know who to ask for what. When we wanted more wine it was the wrong server to ask. When I was presented with the bill I put forth a gift certificate. The server asked if I wanted to check my balance. "No, I want to pay my bill". Awkward. I'll go back and sit outside for drinks, but dinner is not a thrill at those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great dinner with friends. Service was top noch. The dinner was exceptional. My duck dish was excellent and the house salad with very tasty. A glass of wine on the front porch is allways a must while looking at the view of the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch spot!EastBayFoodieDined on 10/12/2014We had a tasty and relaxing brunch on a Sunday morning, with an outdoor table overlooking the Fort Baker parade grounds. Friends from Europe were very impressed (as were we) by the quality of food, the attentive service, the weather, and the view. Overall, a fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewmikeysfavsDined on 10/11/2014We went to Murray circle for lunch on a Saturday. It is a very quiet resort, the grounds are beautiful. The accommodations are in historical houses that circle the grounds. The houses are gorgeous. We sat outside and enjoyed a fabulous view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The food was wonderful. We had the mussels and the smoked turkey sandwich. Both were awesome. Also had the warm olive and hummus app. They did not disappoint. We have already recommended Murray circle to several friends and will definitely go back next time we are in San Francisco/Sausalito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSapoDined on 10/10/2014The view is spectacular and once inside it's comfortable and serene for brunch. Brunch service was mediocre at best. It took a while to order. We were surprised at our waiter since we saw him chatting with other servers while we waited to order. His service show a lack of training and poise. Brunch doesn't seem to be as important as dinner. The food was okay. My omelet was overdone....a bit rubbery. Those "tater tots" seemed that they had been frozen...they had a thick rubbery crust. We didn't eat them. It was too bad for a place where we've had wonderful meals for dinner and lunch before.Special Features:
- Perfect food, service and ambiance!RoonVIPDined on 10/8/2014I selected Murrary Circle to celebrate my Mom's 89th birthday. What a great choice. The service was exceptional, they had a birthday card for my Mom at the table... nice touch. We enjoyed a leasurely dinner and the service was very attentive. It is quiet enough to easily enjoy table conversation. For the entre, two of us had Halibut and two had Steak . Both were very good. The halibut was cooked beautifully and was in a really tasty broth. If I wasn't trying to skip bread, I would have sopped up all of the broth. For desert, we ordered the madelines and creme brule, Both were really good. The tomato soup that three of us ordered was the only dish that was just OK. Overall, it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Food OkayLocalDined on 10/5/2014The setting is very nice and romantic at night. Our server had no knowledge of the menu and did a very poor job. Food was not that good and I was disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchjesserblahDined on 10/4/2014I drove out from the city to celebrate my mother's 60th over brunch and was so pleased with our choice in restaurant. Grabbing a quick drink in the bar first we were greeted by friendly and doting staff. Brunch itself was delicious and the perfect amount. Great food with a beautiful view of San Francisco- who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeous view, slow servicePuremajesticseaDined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to Murray Circle for years and brought a new guest and his canine companion to Sunday brunch on the patio. The hostess was gracious enough to honor our reservation request for an outside table even through demand is high and it was not guaranteed. We were seated and enjoyed the view for over 15 minutes before the server greeted us. We continued to enjoy ourselves over a bowl of soup, waiting 25 minutes for the mussels we ordered with the soup to arrive. The view and company made our brunch enjoyable, but unlike my past experiences, the service was slow and unattentive. allow yourself plenty of time to enjoy Murray Circle if you come on a weekend, just in case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food with amazing viewcccpoultonDined on 10/4/2014We planned it just right and made a reservation same day so we knew no fog would be obstructing our view. They don't make reservations for out doors but they found a special spot for us so we could dine outside and enjoy the view. We came for lunch but the bar was very lively and enjoyable (it was a baseball game day). The food was excellent and our waiter couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Our glasses were never empty. :-). Beautiful view of the pacific and the Golden Gate Bridge. With amazing food and wine, we couldn't have asked for a better anniversary lunch.Special Features:
- Perfection!stargrazerDined on 10/1/2014Have always loved Cavallo Point, Murray Circle and the fantastic staff. The food has always been consistently creative, never disappointing! Everyone from their hosts to wait staff and management are top-notch. Truly professional. Special props to Monica and Chris for the extra care that they take to ensure that their patrons are completely accommodated!Special Features:
- ExceptionalCarlos33Dined on 9/29/2014Fabulous food in Marin Highlands near end of Golden Gate Bridge in renovated Fort Baker. Excellent attentive near-continental service. Super menu including all inclusive tastings. Thick wine list running up to high four figures. Overall reasonable for price at about $100 per person with one drink. Nice children's menu.Special Features:
- BrunchDebbieDined on 9/28/2014We love both the dining room and the porch, but the food ranges from fabulous to disappointing. Fabulous are the burgers, the truffle fries, the salads. Bavette steak was disappointing and description was wrong... there was no potato rosti, and the eggs had hollandaise, which wasn't mentioned. The spinach was watery and formed a pool on the plate. Timing and delivery of food needs work. The pastries were delicious, but took a long time to come, and then entrees were served on top, so we did not have time to enjoy the pastries. Our waiter spend most of his time with his back to us, on a computer. We had to wait as our our food got even colder for condiments. This was my first time at brunch. Never had problems with lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/28/2014I don't understand why dining points were not given for booking this site on open tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScharffyDined on 9/26/2014The location and view are dynamite . The food was okay and staff wasn't organized. Waitress was friendly but TRYING to conceal her frustration/embarassment with her restuarant's food and overall service. My wife and I heard resturant staff saying "I am sorry" so many times to patrons.Special Features:
- Very disappointingDavidVIPDined on 9/26/2014Unusually for this venue, the food was decidedly average, The chocolate desert was dried up and barely edible. Our coffee was delivered to a couple on anothe table, and I had to ask repeatedly to get our check. I have had good meals there before, but will think twice before returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014I took my husband and 2 friends who had never been there and it was a perfect day. The weather was wonderful, the view outstanding and the ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful. Tables are far enough apart that you have some privacy, the decoration and art subtle and restful. Now for the food. We all enjoyed our lunches. My husband had the scallop special that looked wonderful and since he wouldn't share must have tasted great also. The rest of us made fairly conventional choices but each was beautifully prepared and presented. We would/will all return. A beautiful place to bring out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.