601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: 4153394750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)scenic view (137)romantic (117)fit for foodies (112)great for outdoor dining (89)great for lunch (76)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (71)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (39)kid-friendly (31)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (18)late-night find (9)Show More
- Waiter on speedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I come here often because of the location & the view. The food is okay, ambiance charming, rustic & pleasant. Most times the wait staff is delightful, friendly, warm. Today our waiter was running through the dining room, asked us if we were ready to order despite never having brought menus. Slapped our food on the table when it did come (never mind he put the orders in the wrong place), never came by to see how we were (nor refill coffee or water), grabbed my friend's plate to take it away before she was done. She had to ask for it back - awkward. Totally clueless & weirdly fast so that it was distracting & disruptive. I've seen him there before but never like this. Unfortunately this was my friend's first time. She won't be back.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014I love Murray's Circle. I have had a series of wonderful dining experiences, everything from the food, to the service, to the setting were so special and made the occasion all the more memorable.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed the tasting dinner menu with pairings. What an extraordinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014the crowd is middle age and older, the place is not super noisy. The food is good. Some of it is foody worthy, some of it is just a interesting twist on something you might not expect. Like the Boar ribs.Special Features:
- Come for the View & DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant occupies some choice real estate near the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery outside the restaurant is gorgeous, but the restaurant's small windows don't afford much of a view. The restaurant's fare also comes up short. The wife and I visited on Saturday and ordered quail and duck. Both of our orders came back dry and bland. The dessert was also disappointing. The drinks were nice, as was the charcuterie platter, but I'd steer clear of their mains in the future.
- ummmJWD3VIPDined on 10/18/2014nothing special except the view. Probably not returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/13/2014Although the menu at first glance appeared to be limited, once you read the descriptions you realize the diversity. Everything was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our selections: salmon and pork variations. The pistachio appetizer was unique, the bread had great texture and flavor, and we enjoyed the imaginative amuse bouche. Desserts completed a wonderful meal - pear eclair and creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just short of expectationRamekinDined on 10/12/2014The setting is lovely. The food was good, but not new or exciting. The best course was dessert! The wine list is top heavy, but a decent $50-60 bottle is available. I chose a $42 Pinot Noir and was sold up to a $72 bottle. I know about team service - one takes your order and another delivers you food, etc., but four people came to the table at different times - so difficult to know who to ask for what. When we wanted more wine it was the wrong server to ask. When I was presented with the bill I put forth a gift certificate. The server asked if I wanted to check my balance. "No, I want to pay my bill". Awkward. I'll go back and sit outside for drinks, but dinner is not a thrill at those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great dinner with friends. Service was top noch. The dinner was exceptional. My duck dish was excellent and the house salad with very tasty. A glass of wine on the front porch is allways a must while looking at the view of the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch spot!EastBayFoodieDined on 10/12/2014We had a tasty and relaxing brunch on a Sunday morning, with an outdoor table overlooking the Fort Baker parade grounds. Friends from Europe were very impressed (as were we) by the quality of food, the attentive service, the weather, and the view. Overall, a fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewmikeysfavsDined on 10/11/2014We went to Murray circle for lunch on a Saturday. It is a very quiet resort, the grounds are beautiful. The accommodations are in historical houses that circle the grounds. The houses are gorgeous. We sat outside and enjoyed a fabulous view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The food was wonderful. We had the mussels and the smoked turkey sandwich. Both were awesome. Also had the warm olive and hummus app. They did not disappoint. We have already recommended Murray circle to several friends and will definitely go back next time we are in San Francisco/Sausalito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSapoDined on 10/10/2014The view is spectacular and once inside it's comfortable and serene for brunch. Brunch service was mediocre at best. It took a while to order. We were surprised at our waiter since we saw him chatting with other servers while we waited to order. His service show a lack of training and poise. Brunch doesn't seem to be as important as dinner. The food was okay. My omelet was overdone....a bit rubbery. Those "tater tots" seemed that they had been frozen...they had a thick rubbery crust. We didn't eat them. It was too bad for a place where we've had wonderful meals for dinner and lunch before.Special Features:
- Perfect food, service and ambiance!RoonVIPDined on 10/8/2014I selected Murrary Circle to celebrate my Mom's 89th birthday. What a great choice. The service was exceptional, they had a birthday card for my Mom at the table... nice touch. We enjoyed a leasurely dinner and the service was very attentive. It is quiet enough to easily enjoy table conversation. For the entre, two of us had Halibut and two had Steak . Both were very good. The halibut was cooked beautifully and was in a really tasty broth. If I wasn't trying to skip bread, I would have sopped up all of the broth. For desert, we ordered the madelines and creme brule, Both were really good. The tomato soup that three of us ordered was the only dish that was just OK. Overall, it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Food OkayLocalDined on 10/5/2014The setting is very nice and romantic at night. Our server had no knowledge of the menu and did a very poor job. Food was not that good and I was disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchjesserblahDined on 10/4/2014I drove out from the city to celebrate my mother's 60th over brunch and was so pleased with our choice in restaurant. Grabbing a quick drink in the bar first we were greeted by friendly and doting staff. Brunch itself was delicious and the perfect amount. Great food with a beautiful view of San Francisco- who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeous view, slow servicePuremajesticseaDined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to Murray Circle for years and brought a new guest and his canine companion to Sunday brunch on the patio. The hostess was gracious enough to honor our reservation request for an outside table even through demand is high and it was not guaranteed. We were seated and enjoyed the view for over 15 minutes before the server greeted us. We continued to enjoy ourselves over a bowl of soup, waiting 25 minutes for the mussels we ordered with the soup to arrive. The view and company made our brunch enjoyable, but unlike my past experiences, the service was slow and unattentive. allow yourself plenty of time to enjoy Murray Circle if you come on a weekend, just in case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food with amazing viewcccpoultonDined on 10/4/2014We planned it just right and made a reservation same day so we knew no fog would be obstructing our view. They don't make reservations for out doors but they found a special spot for us so we could dine outside and enjoy the view. We came for lunch but the bar was very lively and enjoyable (it was a baseball game day). The food was excellent and our waiter couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Our glasses were never empty. :-). Beautiful view of the pacific and the Golden Gate Bridge. With amazing food and wine, we couldn't have asked for a better anniversary lunch.Special Features:
- Perfection!stargrazerDined on 10/1/2014Have always loved Cavallo Point, Murray Circle and the fantastic staff. The food has always been consistently creative, never disappointing! Everyone from their hosts to wait staff and management are top-notch. Truly professional. Special props to Monica and Chris for the extra care that they take to ensure that their patrons are completely accommodated!Special Features:
- ExceptionalCarlos33Dined on 9/29/2014Fabulous food in Marin Highlands near end of Golden Gate Bridge in renovated Fort Baker. Excellent attentive near-continental service. Super menu including all inclusive tastings. Thick wine list running up to high four figures. Overall reasonable for price at about $100 per person with one drink. Nice children's menu.Special Features:
- BrunchDebbieDined on 9/28/2014We love both the dining room and the porch, but the food ranges from fabulous to disappointing. Fabulous are the burgers, the truffle fries, the salads. Bavette steak was disappointing and description was wrong... there was no potato rosti, and the eggs had hollandaise, which wasn't mentioned. The spinach was watery and formed a pool on the plate. Timing and delivery of food needs work. The pastries were delicious, but took a long time to come, and then entrees were served on top, so we did not have time to enjoy the pastries. Our waiter spend most of his time with his back to us, on a computer. We had to wait as our our food got even colder for condiments. This was my first time at brunch. Never had problems with lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/28/2014I don't understand why dining points were not given for booking this site on open tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScharffyDined on 9/26/2014The location and view are dynamite . The food was okay and staff wasn't organized. Waitress was friendly but TRYING to conceal her frustration/embarassment with her restuarant's food and overall service. My wife and I heard resturant staff saying "I am sorry" so many times to patrons.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Unusually for this venue, the food was decidedly average, The chocolate desert was dried up and barely edible. Our coffee was delivered to a couple on anothe table, and I had to ask repeatedly to get our check. I have had good meals there before, but will think twice before returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014I took my husband and 2 friends who had never been there and it was a perfect day. The weather was wonderful, the view outstanding and the ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful. Tables are far enough apart that you have some privacy, the decoration and art subtle and restful. Now for the food. We all enjoyed our lunches. My husband had the scallop special that looked wonderful and since he wouldn't share must have tasted great also. The rest of us made fairly conventional choices but each was beautifully prepared and presented. We would/will all return. A beautiful place to bring out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Fod in an Amazing SettingLyleDined on 9/23/2014Lunch for the first time at Murray Circle (have dined there in the evening several times). The menu is small but very well done. The 4 course lunch plate is a great selection and value - choices of 4 entrees. Portion sizes are perfect. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. This is a real find - a quiet and elegant dining room in a fantastic setting with really satisfying food. Something to keep on the list for a special lunch.Special Features:
- Rough start but ended wellCocolitoDined on 9/20/2014A negative is we had to wait 15 minutes with a reservation. The staff kept saying your next and yet we sat there waiting. Server was attentive and the food was good. We did not like a wild spinach salad and they took off our bill. Food was creative, health oriented and presented very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats with a viewRCofCupertinoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food, good service and wonderful view of SF Bay and Golden Gate BridgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- setting is superbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014It is a warm and inviting space that beckons you to sit and savor. The service is comparable, with a gracious greeting, that tends to wane as the meal progresses. The food and service does not compare to the setting.
- A special spotTedBDined on 9/16/2014We went for a walk to the bridge before dinner, had a drink on the porch overlooking the parade grounds and the Golden Gate, then retired to the lovely, spacious dining room with live piano accompanying our meal. Our waitress was wonderful, we were well cared for, and the dinner was delicious. The price was no more than any other very special restaurant. We celebrated our anniversary and could actually hear each other. It was great.Special Features:
- DisappointingSeasonedDined on 9/13/2014We had a table for 4 for breakfast, the service was more like a coffee shop and the main courses, a simple quiche, that I ordered was burned, that is when the waitstaff did the amazing disappearing trick, so rather than cause a scene and flag some one down and inturupt the breakfast for every one else I made do with the burnt offering. The maitre d' was not on the floor that is until the table next to ours had to get up and get a waiter to bring their order over which they had been waiting 35 minutes for, of course that is when the maitre d' appeared and for the rest of the time we were there kept coming over to that one table to make sure everything was OKSpecial Features:
- Lower your expectationsRandabellaDined on 9/12/2014The menu was very pretentious and the food was nothing special. Highly overpriced for a less than average meal. We had a salad where the vinaigrette was more vinegar than anything else; I've had a tastier salad at Wendy's. The duck main course was just eh with the meat being a bit on the tough side. The fig tart desert was tasty, but the cheddar ice cream (yes, as in cheese) was foul- if you like rotten milk then that's the one for you. I would recommend having drinks in the bar; the chef can't mess that up and steer clear of the overrated, trying-too-hard menu.Special Features:
- UniqueconaisseurDined on 9/11/2014loved the presentation and excellent starter but found the duck too undercooked and lacked crispy skin. Did not like the ceiling lighting in large second dining room; not at all intimate.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Wanted to just fall asleep on the lounge chairs. Beautiful close-up view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Really delicious food and good wine choices.Special Features:
- Sam BeckettJoeConradDined on 9/11/2014Excels in ambiance, of course. Service is now more finely tuned. The standard lunch was quality fish and the other dishes just fine. Lack of reservations for deck is troubling because I had very special guests. Perhaps more clarity on how one gets to deck would be good. If it is $$$, be clear about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Niiiice Place!JamesVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went on a sunny day, it's a beautiful place to walk before/after lunch! The food was very good. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. One order of fries is enough for like 5 people; rich flavor and a big portion. A couple of things I had I would pass on next time, not because they weren't good quality, just not my thing (chips and dip) but there are enough choices to keep trying...Special Features:
- Still WonderfulMVFanVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was concerned about booking for our anniversary last night, based on a number of recent diner reviews that had significant issues with service or food. I have to say Murray Circle exceeded our expectations. We were seated immediately and had very active, and professional service all night. Jocelyn was our server and quite good, knew the wines, and made good suggestions. Very flexible on special requests. The food was also very good, paced well & delivered hot and perfectly cooked. The front room was fully booked and they had four events going on upstairs, including a wedding. Next time, we'll spend the night and expand our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming historical settinghungrygrannyDined on 9/8/2014We had dinner at Murray circle while staying at the Cavallo point lodge. The historical building is very interesting and nicely restored . The dining room is made up of two large rooms and several smaller rooms.There was a wonderfully talented pianist playing non stop but not too loud and the restaurant is blessedly quiet. The menu is small but varied. We found the food well flavored and seasonally appropriate although not particularly creative. My husbands duck breast could have been a little more tender .Special Features:
- Worth the drive in from Napa!DrLahniDined on 9/6/2014We live in Napa so excellent food and service is a way of life for us. For my husband's birthday, he requested lunch at Murray Circle! We have loved this restaurant for a very long time and have many fond memories since one of the original chefs was a dear friend. The food and service is still perfect. The wine list is a gem, even for a jaded Napan. They always get it right. Don't miss the warm olive and hummus appetizer. Delicious and quite a lot. And the homemade potato chips served alongside the sandwiches are worth the trip by themselves.Special Features:
- awesome hotel- but restaurant poorAsh523VIPDined on 9/5/2014We loved our stay at Cavello Point but the Murray Circle restaurant was a big disappointment. We made reservations weeks in advance only to show up and be given a seat in the middle of the room not less than 12 inches from the next table. No privacy at all. Service was very poor, waiter pretty much ignored us and finally had to ask for the check. Food was very boring. Salmon had no flavor and steak was seasonless and one of the worst we have had. Will not go back.
- birthday "show and tell"onoliciousDined on 9/5/2014The 3 Fox sisters met for a double birthday lunch in the little fireplace room, all to ourselves. and sat back with leisurely wine and pistachios while studying the view of the bay, the bridges, and the interesting menu, changing our minds several times. The sweet waiter forbore. We were catered to in every way. I chose the lentil veggie burger which was huge, tasty, and greatly pepped up by the red pepper flakes the waiter provided-- leftovers relished at dinner. We each thought we'd ordered the best thing. A little plate of sweets for the birthday girls arrived with our coffees. Tiny homemade treats! Everybody working at Murray Circle is personable and eager to inform and indulge. A wonderful find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.