997 Virginia Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.murphys-atlanta-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 872-0904
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Dinner Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ian Winslade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Tuesday Wine Tastings, Winemaker Dinners, Thirsty Thursday's and Meatless Monday's. "Like" us on Facebook for updates.
A word from Murphy's
Celebrating 30 years of service, Murphy’s is one of Atlanta’s best-loved restaurants. Located in the trendy Virginia Highlands, it is the long-standing hub of neighborhood camaraderie and the choice destination for visitors seeking the epicenter of the district’s shopping and nightlife. Tom Murphy’s acclaimed restaurant brings in the crowds with the perfect combination of upscale comfort food, unpretentious service, a cozy, high-energy setting and excellent value. The interior combines rustic, exposed-brick and French café doors with modern design elements for a light, airy effect by day and a warm, sparkling atmosphere by night. A new renovation adds a sophisticated martini and wine bar and a sleek retail wine shop that showcases an extensive and user-friendly wine collection and hosts weekly wine tasting and seminars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Murphy's - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
Murphy's reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (149)fit for foodies (115)notable wine list (93)great for brunch (89)special occasion (77)great for outdoor dining (76)great for lunch (65)good for groups (48)romantic (46)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Amateurish ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014Very poor service form a waiter who had a sour attitude, in a rush to get us to order, and seemed to be poorly trained in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014The customer service was exceptional! I was impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightEleusisDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful blend of great food, creative flavors, and a fun and classy waitress who was knowledgeable without and ounce of snobbery. Her personality made a good place great! She clearly loved her job and it made our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food and servicejfoodhVIPDined on 11/8/2014The standard menu has a wide variety of good, basic food with interesting specials. We had the salmon and chicken - both very good with nice sides The service is attentive with helpful suggestions The only negative is the parking - they only had one valet and it got quite backed upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentReginaldDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food, service, and ambience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedJmrnDined on 11/6/2014I worked in Atlanta a few years back and enjoyed a couple of meals at Murphy's during that year. While back in Atlanta on business again, my hustand and I decided to go back to Murphy's for dinner one night. We were not disappointed. I had shrimp scampi ( a little different that what I've had other places) served with parmesan risotto. It was very good. My husband had a special beef bourguignon which was also wonderful. Prices are reasonable for the food you are served. Hoping for another business trip to Atlanta and an excuse to come back!Special Features:
- Very accomodating staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had reservations for 8:15pm after the football game. Left game early due to weather. Called to see if we could arrive early. No problem! Staff was very accommodating. Warmed up with delicious soup and Irish Coffee. Had a wonderful dinner. Love that Murphy's offer GF options!! We'll be back very soon, I hope. Thanks, Murphy's.Special Features:
- Great for out of town guests.EllsworthDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I took old friends from New York to Murphy's because it's one of our favorite places for a consistently good meal. We were not disappointed. Our guests were pleased. The food was excellent. The salmon and trout were cooked to perfection and the meatloaf was a real hit. The staff were professional and friendly and moved through the meal at just the right pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as we remembered it!RCJ75Dined on 10/25/2014First time we've been in awhile, but same great atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Consistently goodLavonlinVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been going to Murphy's for years and I'm never disappointed. It's always good as is the service.Special Features:
- AmazingdinerschoiceDined on 10/24/2014I tried corn beef in the soup of the day and it was amazing. The table enjoyed the soup with the hearty vegetables and prefect seasoning. I love the spinach and sausage meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentSavortheSaltDined on 10/22/2014Murphy's is reliably wonderful with a changing menu of seasonally fresh specialties. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Murphy'sEricDined on 10/21/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed our dining experience very much. We wanted our date night to be as special as the Valentine's Day dinner we experienced at Murphy's earlier this year. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotBunnDined on 10/20/2014Murphy's is best known for it's brunch, but it was also packed on a Monday night for dinner. The food was decent, but I will say I was disappointed in the Mussels app. It only comes with 6 mussels, you shouldn't get ones that aren't opened. The wine was good, half off on Mondays is nice. The entrees were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really noisy on a Saturday night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Even though we had nice food and desserts, they first tried to seat a party of 5 at a 4-seat table next to the maitre d's station with one person. We had to negotiate a table that wouldn't put one of us in the traffic flow. Server was fine, but the restaurant seems to overbook. Probably would not return.
- GeorgiaDined on 10/18/2014We've been patrons for thirty years. It just keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.candyDined on 10/18/2014Murphy's has been my favorite restaurant for years. Great food. Good service. I love to sit on porch area with windows opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Artichoke AppetizerKKHADined on 10/18/2014The Grilled artichoke appetizer was awesome! Enough to share - 4 nice size artichokes. We did have to ask for more sauce!Special Features:
- Good eveningdgm995Dined on 10/18/2014Dinner with the family. The food was decent and the atmosphere on the front porch dining area was great. I will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningPatchDined on 10/17/2014Miss the old location of Murphy's but have gotten used to the "new" one and our dinner last night was excellent. Our server Bailey was the bomb! Very friendly, on top of things and made our delicious dinner even more wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a wonderful place with multiple cool rooms for dinning. There is an enclosed room called the patio (not really outdoors) and big windows open to the outside. We enjoyed the patio. Menu has many choices for everyone. Nice wines and drinks. Food was good; service a little fast paced, so we kept telling server we were not in a rush. A host kept walking around to tables checking to see if everything was satisfactory. Good complimentary valet parking ( you definitely need to valet because hard to find parking). Restaurant is located in chic area with many shops and places to walk. Will definitely return. Moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on Murphy's!DeedeeDined on 10/12/2014Murphy's is consistently top-notch. The food is delicious - we've never had a bad meal there. The servers are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They have several options for gluten-free meals. We just celebrated a friend's birthday at Murphy's last week, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The brisket was so tender and tasty. The tortilla soup was a hit, and you can't go wrong with the crab cake. And my all time favorite dessert: the toll house pie, warm and with vanilla ice cream - definitely worth the calories!!Special Features:
- Great VA HI SpotWCDanielsDined on 10/11/2014Never disappoints. Food & wine are always on point.Special Features:
- A DisappointmentLizziebuckDined on 10/11/2014i've been a Murphy's fan since the mid-eighties, so it seemed a good idea to take my best friend there for her birthday. WRONG. - We had reservations for 7:30, but were not seated until 7:50. I know Saturday night can be crazy, but it was shrugged off. - Service at the table was so slow, we ordered our dinner wine as soon as our cocktails arrived (15 minutes after ordering them). - When I made reservations, I mentioned we were celebrating a birthday; that was confirmed during the day-before call. We ll ordered deserts, but received nothing special for our friend (though the table next to us got candles in a birthday desert). When our waitress gave us the bill, she told us we could knock off the cost of one dessert. Classy. DISAPPOINTING.Special Features:
- Always Good!LynnDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I have never had a bad experience. The service and food is always very good!Special Features:
- Excellent!!SnappyHappy812VIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. A lot attention to details.Special Features:
- Great dinner with the girlskatielikesfoodDined on 10/3/2014We had a great dinner, with good food, and the best company. Unfortunately, the waitress insisted on rushing us through our meal and seemed visibly disappointed when we did not order appetizers or dessert. Yes, I understand that it meant less tip for her in the end, but her demeanor was a huge turnoff that was noticed by all at the table. Everyone else who worked at the restaurant could not have been more friendly-what I am use to at Murphy's. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- You got the right one....CrabbyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I really enjoy dining at this restaurant . I went for lunch and had the seared tuna salad. I was not sure if that would fill me up so I also ordered the Grilled Artichokes, it was my first time eating them in that form. Our waiter was nice and gave our table 101 on grilled artichoke eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysChinapans1Dined on 9/26/2014Every visit to Murphy's seems a little special. They take the time to describe specials and note popular items. Quality and service are outstanding every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureIvanKaramazovDined on 9/26/2014Murphy's is always enjoyable and can always count on a good meal and good service. Will continue to go back time after time.Special Features:
- Delightful LunchMindsEyeDined on 9/26/2014The hostess and our waiter, Drew, could not have been more friendly or attentive. Even random Murphy's employees went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Best chicken burger ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brisketbrncofan02Dined on 9/25/2014Artichokes, brisket and the service was great. Easy to get to from midtown, Buckhead, and highlandsSpecial Features:
- A predictably good experienceBrianVIPDined on 9/25/2014Murphy's maintains consistency and reliability in terms of food quality and service while still feeling fresh and interesting. It is a quintessential neighborhood spot that is friendly, warm and inviting to all. You just can't go wrong by dining here, whatever your mood.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsLunchinBuckheadDined on 9/25/2014Had a nice lunch, variety of food is good and portions large. Had the chicken salad and it was quite tasty on a nice light croissant. Virginia Highland area has a lot of nice restaurants and this is one of them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had a party of 7 ladies of which 5 celebrated birthdays. The wait staff was very friendly, professional and attentive. Everyone ordered different entrees and enjoyed the quality and presentation. When our waiter discovered there were so many birthdays, he let each of us order a free dessert which was delicious and very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerAtlNewbDined on 9/20/2014Took the bf to dinner here for his birthday. The drinks were great (the Cat's Meow is the cat's meow). Mac and cheese with truffle aioli was amazing! They gave him a free cappuccino for his bday since he doesn't like desserts. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNapesRover22Dined on 9/20/2014Our group's experience dining with you on Saturday evening at 7 PM was terrific with excellent food, table, and server (Katie). Murphy's is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Murphy'sJwashingtonDined on 9/19/2014Had dinner with a visiting colleague and friend at one of my favorite local spots, Murphy's. The new fall menu was really great and the wine was fantastic. i had the Recuerdo Malbec and will buy some for home! It was a perfect environment for great conversation and enjoyable interactions. I bring visitors to Murphy's often.Special Features:
- Wild-Caught Trout, Organic Vegies!PaleoBobDined on 9/19/2014Delicious wild-caught local trout, organic vegies -- great!! Everyone in my party was very pleased with their selection and thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The service was excellent. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, there when needed but did not hover. The ambiance was very nice, noise levels were low and great for conversation. This was a return visit, and I'm sure we will return again.Special Features:
- What a lovely eveningKelliDined on 9/17/2014My partner and I have a midweek date night, and this was the perfect spot. We were both new to Murphy's, and we were immediately entranced by the wine shop and bakery. Everything we ordered for dinner was lovely. That brisket is out of this world! Thank you for a lovely evening! We will be back soon.Special Features: