Murphy's Pub and Grill
510 9th Street
Rapid City, SD 57701Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Murphy's Pub and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.murphyspubandgrill.com/
- Phone: 6057912244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Jeff Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two spaces for private functions ranging in size from 60 and under to 130 and under.
- Private Party Contact: Allesha Cortez 6053935931
- Entertainment: Check our events calendar at murphyspubandgrill.com for upcoming shows.
A word from Murphy's Pub and Grill
Our goal is to take all the welcoming & inviting attributes of a local pub, and combine it with the passion, creativity and selection more typically found in a modern restaurant. We have 26 beers on tap, cocktails inspired by the top list in the country, and unique takes on pub & comfort food made with fresh & seasonal and local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Murphy's Pub and Grill - Best Restaurants in Rapid City ›
Murphy's Pub and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great local restaurantmomof3Dined on 7/29/2014We dined here while visiting from Denver. Amazing beer selection. The food was delicious! We tried the sausage appetizer, the elk stroganoff and kids had hand-made burgers. Great flavors! Hostess was new and clueless. Left us waiting 3 times at hostess stand to ask where to seat us. Not enough wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulouspub101Dined on 7/29/2014Our waiter was great, speedy and attentive. But he was in charge of like 15 tables.... He kept up but I was suprised he had to do it alone. Well, I guess more tips for him. Love the ambience and food! Will definitely come again. Reccomend to anyone and everyone for lunch to happy hour :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CluelessMikeKVIPDined on 7/25/2014Problems from the start. The first words from our server, after waiting 10 minutes for him to arrive, were,"You won't be eating for 30 minutes." Apparently the kitchen was backed up. He took a drink order and disappeared. 15 minutes later we flagged him down and asked about the drinks. He looked at us like we were from Mars and we gave him the order again. He brought my beer promptly but not my wife's iced tea. After 30 minutes, I stuck a $5 in the untouched beer and left. On the way out, I asked the hostess to speak to the manager. Another impossible request as she looked at me as if I had asked to speak to someone she had never heard of. She scurried off and returned after 5 minutes to inform me that he was cooking. Yikes!
- No dinner served after 10!UnrequitedVIPDined on 7/24/2014We were flying into Rapid City and needed to find a spot for a late dinner. We made a 10:45 p.m. Reservation at Murphy's. We arrived on time only to learn that Restaurant patrons could NOT be seated past 10 p.m. The only option available to us was a seat at the bar and a small list of appetizers. You should NOT take dinner reservations for a restaurant that isn't serving dinner. A big disappointment for us.
- good food, slow kitchenmarnieDined on 7/10/2014I thought the food was excellent, the atmosphere was casual and our server was great. I think the kitchen efficiency could be improved upon, as our meals came out in spurts, and it was very slow. We were seated next to the wait station, which is out in the open, and I felt the staff was unprofessional and very casual at times. The food was good though and as the evening progressed, it definitely appeared to be a lively bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience...ChrisRapidCityDined on 7/2/2014Have been to Murphy's many times, and generally liked it though service has been slow and inconsistent. This night service was glacial, with no reason apparent and none given by the server. Did do the wings, and they were good, though their were eight wings served though the menu says there are ten per serving. Wife and I decided Katmandu Bistro up the street would be better for dinner this night, and it was.
- How Service Can Sink the ShipOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014While visiting Rapid City, SD, we made reservations for dinner based on other reviews we had read. The space for Murphy's Pub and Grill is very open, very cool - doing a really great job on a wonderful historic building. The food we ordered was average BUT the service was ridiculous. There were 10 people in our party and everyone ate at different times. Two of the entrees came out a full 15-20 minutes beforehand. After that, people were served maybe two or three at a time. To at least get beverages, we tried standing at the bar, but bartender was occupied by two ladies seated at the end of the bar.It was impossible to get his attention let alone a drink. Too many other places to waste so much time on poor service of average food.Special Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 6/25/2014A very pleasant place with friendly, welcoming service, great menu and beer list. A must if you are in Rapid City. And Dave was so helpful and smart and delightful to chat with. He added a true dimension to the dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapid City Findgigi3boysDined on 6/24/2014The menu is unique including buffalo, and duck. The waitress was very accommodating and gave us a free dessert due to a long wait for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointingluv2eatDined on 5/28/2014We dined here because it had a pretty high rating by previous diners. I should clarify that my poor rating on service was not the fault of our waiter, he tried to get our orders out. The problem was the kitchen, they did not seem to be able to time the completion of the dishes so that they could be served in the proper order. One person in our party received his entree before his appetizer; another received his french fries after he was finished with his sandwich. My order did not come at all while the rest of our party was eating. My husband and I ordered the same thing, a sandwich - nothing complicated or time consuming to prepare; but he got his and I didn't.
- so happyChina72Dined on 5/24/2014In love with this place, food was awesome waiter was awesome ambiance was awesome. Well worth the trip to Rapid City for, we will be going there from now on when we come to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatloafCooleatsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Buffalo Meatloaf was Devine! Great crafted beer list too! Wish I could have stayed for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceKathonakerDined on 5/18/2014Was passing through town on vacation and Murphys was near my motel. Although they were out of several items on the menu, the server was ready with a recommendation, which was excellent. Wonderful selection of beers as well, and great "reclaimed warehouse" atmosphere, as well as outside dining. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Murphy's Pub and Grill reviews archive.
- So.. Damn.. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2014The Elk Stroganoff might literally be the best thing I've ever eaten in my entire life. I'm almost positive I audibly moaned while eating it. We also tried the bull chips appetizer with the buffalo chicken, and that was amazing too. Then i tried some of my dad's pot pie and my boyfriend had the pulled pork. Honestly, everything was DELICIOUS.. but I definitely had the best meal, hands down. We went 4 nights ago, and I'm still thinking about it. Not to mention we had this hot buttered rum drink which was great. Just everything. The food, the service, the atmosphere.. Everything was amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone if they are in town.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with Murphy'sTandTDined on 3/2/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Service can be a bit slow, but not bad. And the servers are all very nice. We highly recommend the Shepherd's Pie, the Murphy's Burger, and the Empyrean Brown Ale. But my family has tried different food every time and has never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was our first time here. Expectedjrquinn57Dined on 3/1/2014Was our first time here. Expected a generic Irish pub, but was very surprised at the menu for unique choices, and great beer list! Very good find. We will be back!Special Features:
- Real foodMmlmDined on 2/1/2014Not your run of the mill bar food. Real food with real ingredients and the servings are huge. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantTandTDined on 12/27/2013Excellent choice for dinner. Great food, good prices. EXCELLENT staff. We've been there a number of times and never had a bad meal. Also, their Nut Brown Ale was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2013Our friend deploys tomorrow and we wanted to have a going-away dinner before she left. She requested Murphy's! Our server (sorry, can't remember her name?) recommended your two specialty coffee drinks, yum! We also ordered my favorite appetizer - the fancy fried pickles, and everyone loved them! Thanks again for a great night :)Special Features:
- Delish!EngineerParentDined on 10/25/2013We were in town for parents weekend at Mines. Usually we eat at a different downtown restaurant but tried Murphys instead. Delicious food. Fun atmosphere. We will be going back again. Our new fav!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fancy fried pickles arerodonnell1123Dined on 10/18/2013The fancy fried pickles are so good. We heard about them trough a friend and have them every time we goSpecial Features:
- Very Nice ServerVIPOTVIPDined on 10/10/2013He was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. However, the beer cheese soup needs to be rethought. Not a good consistency. The duck salad however was delicious!Special Features:
- Nice spot downtownRaymondDined on 9/11/2013This was a nice place downtown we found on the internet it was called a Irish bar but in fact it was a very large restaurant with a bar,but the food was very good as was the service.there was plenty of room between the tables,we will eat here again when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Murphy's,Murphy's,Murphy'sMr9billDined on 9/8/2013Always look forward to dining here, have eaten lunch and dinner there, we will try brunch at the earliest opportunity. The staff is always very welcoming and very attentive , makes it a very enjoyable dining experience. Great menu selection of food and beer. Highly recommend. I may pay a bit more here but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, great serviceAR12Dined on 8/25/2013I wish I remember our server's name. We were in on Sunday, August 25th around 7:00pm and sat on the patio. He was a great server. We ordered the pork chip appetizer and that was delicious, I had the pan sauteed chicken and it was just ok I thought. My husband ordered the filet mignon and neither of us could eat his steak because of the sauce that came on it. The menu said nothing about the steak coming with sauce so that would be one thing I would recommend - make sure it's clear on the menu, had we known we would have asked for it without the sauce. Even though my husband did not eat his steak, between the sides, the appetizer and my meal, we both left full.Special Features:
- Murphy's Is A Dimefoodie4lifeDined on 8/21/2013I would recommend Murphy's Pub and Grill to anyone looking for a high quality, unique dining experience. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very fun, vibrant, and laid back. Also, the brick walls and woodwork made the restaurant very appealing to the eye. My boyfriend and I ate here after a day of traveling and we left very satisfied with what we chose to eat. He had the Shepherd's Pie, which he just raved about and ate the entire portion! I had the Gourmet Mac N' Cheese and just LOVED it. It was so creamy and cheesy and very delicious! Definitely eat here! Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you could wantMikeDined on 8/13/2013This place has it all. From burgers and steaks to awesome wings (try the strawberry-habanero) awesome side dishes great beer selection. Great decor (it was converted from an old garage) Cool outdoor dining with fire places and sofas to lounge on. Adult Jenga if you are up for it. And an awesome friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great for a group, kids a date, just go and enjoy it. I did.Special Features:
- WOW! What a great find!lov2eatDined on 8/8/2013Your sweet potatoe fries are the best I have ever tasted. The hambugers are juicy and delicious. The grandkids can't stop talking about the fun time they had there. This is now my #1place to dine. The Reuben sandwich was loaded with meat. Don't pass this place up for your family times out, thinking that it is just a pub. This place is much more. Outside seating with the fire rings and comfy couches makes for a great afternoon or evening outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great watering hole and pub food.ThirstyDuckDined on 7/22/2013Amazing list of craft beers...including Shiner Bock on tap. Dropped by for dinner...excellent fish & chips...on Monday evening and afternoon refreshers on Tuesday after a visit to Mt. Rushmore. The staff were both friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Food was tasty.CL98Dined on 7/19/2013I ordered a caesar salad which was okay but had about 30 too many croutons ( should have asked for it without). My companions ordered wings and burgers. I had told our waitress when we placed our initial order that I was ordering just a salad so that I could have their bread pudding which I had heard was supposed to be terrific. After our meal, I reminded her about my dessert order and she said - oh yes, I'll go get it. Rather than face me, she had her manager come and tell me that they had just served the last order of bread pudding to another table and would I like something else. I was very disappointed that a restaurant would be out of one of their most popular desserts by 6:30 on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and averageGrannieAnnieDined on 7/18/2013We took our grandkids here for dinner. We found it to be more for the young adult crowd as the noise level was high and the restaurant seating was around the bar, which seemed to be the central gathering place. The food was average, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Everything was good, justPhatDined on 6/12/2013Everything was good, just wish they had the outdoor furniture out. It was a nice day and would have been nice to enjoy on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On The RoaddrewDined on 6/7/2013We were on the road and found this pub...met up with old friends and had a nice dinner outside..It seemed like a new place with lots of energy....Special Features:
- Great place to eat in Rapid City,SDGball8800VIPDined on 5/26/2013This was our first visit to Rapid City and we were fortunate to discover this gem of a restaurant. Large variety of choices for food and beer. We were a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their selection of food. The fish tacos and cheese beer soup are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a surprising goodmjhowesVIPDined on 3/9/2013This was a surprising good place! We were very happy with the food and especially our service!Special Features: