Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres Street
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Muriel's Jackson Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.muriels.com/
- Phone: 5045681885
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner served daily: Monday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm and Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Jazz Brunch 11:00am -2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Gus Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Muriel's Jackson Square
The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole / Cajun / Southern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Muriel's Jackson Square - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Muriel's Jackson Square reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)romantic (155)fit for foodies (140)neighborhood gem (112)good for groups (90)scenic view (85)great for brunch (79)notable wine list (74)great for lunch (65)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (12)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I came here on my last night in New Orleans and I am so glad I did the food was AMAZING!!!! Staff was really good friendly and efficient. My only thing is they bring you each course very quickly I found that a bit rushed but everything else was so amazing it didn't really bother me much. I would go back in a heartbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchDonaldDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I went for the brunch as something different. The jazz was provided by a very good trio that traveled to the various dining rooms. My wife had the Seafood gumbo and the Crabmeat Imperial, both excellent as I had to taste. I had the Gorgonzola Prosiutto Tart and the La. Duck and Chaurice Hash. The tart wis difficult to describe but good and the duck and hash was wonderful. I mentioned to our server that we were celebrating our 34th Wedding Anniversary and after the meal with our coffee she delivered the BEST bread pudding ever…If you go, take a tour of the upstairs and visit the Seance Room and the balcony..This is a place we will revisit.Special Features:
- First rate restaurantCahabampsDined on 9/14/2014We reserved our table planning to choose from the NOLA Restaurant Week menu, only to be told that it wasn't offered at Sunday brunch. After some negotiation with the manager, we wound up ordering off the regular menu. The food was excellent. My wife challenged me to try to duplicate one of the dishes at home - her highest compliment. We will return for lunch another day.
- Great brunch choiceEatinStyleVIPDined on 9/14/2014Love Muriels. As a local I enjoy that it is consistent with food and service. Menu selection offers something for everyone. Keep up the fantastic work. We were entertaining friends from Winnepeg and wanted something that might offer quintessential New Orleans flair ... Muriel's lived up to the occassion.Special Features:
- tommylDined on 9/13/2014very unique restaurant right off Jackson Square. Drinks on balcony were very relaxing and picturesque. Food was excellent as well as the staff's attentiveness. will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!appqueenDined on 9/13/2014Loved our apps: turtle soup and crepes. Really enjoyed our entrees, especially the porkchop. Wow! Your crème brulee was awesome and my husband couldn't stop commenting on his flourless chocolate cake! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great New Orleans RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Outstanding service and the food was phenomenal! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhostsGrandeDined on 9/12/2014The wait staff was great and their stories on the ghosts were highly entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Took a co-worker who had never been there. She is from up North. The food was great. She thoroughly enjoyed her meal and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joesmuckDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed the thought of a Ghost. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Special Features:
- Special PlaceGregDined on 9/11/2014Muriel's has consistently been our favorite place to dine. All facets are excellent. Food, service, atmosphere, ... Live to eat didn't disappoint. Muriel's had more items on the menu and all were worthy of a full course menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Bouillabaissejkross454VIPDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding Seafood Bouillabaisse, do not miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edvicDined on 9/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Service was friendly and professional and the food was great.Special Features:
- Spectacular!OhhhSheaDined on 9/9/2014I was visiting New Orleabs solo and booked a reservation at Muriel's due to some raving reviews on a travel advisory site and OpenTable and it was very close to my hotel. The staff were friendly and professional, welcoming without being all over you. The food was impeccable and they offered some great wine options by the glass. If you are looking for an upscale Creole dining experience give Muriel's a try.... Hopefully you will be as happy with your choice as I was! Bon apetit :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crepes are worth the tripBradVIPDined on 9/9/2014Muriel's is a great restaurant. Service was very good, wine list was extensive, and the food was great. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was that the Ribeye Special was just good. However, you must go there for the Shrimp Crepes. My wife ordered them, and they were fantastic. I also enjoyed my Alligator Appetizer.Special Features:
- 1 of the best in the CityFoodyDined on 9/9/2014Being a resident for almost a decade, i was a bit skeptical at first . Some of the restaurants I've been to in the quarter have let me down. There's always been great service but sub par food. Muriel's on the other hand offered great service and exceptional food. My fiancé and I were truly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a datedorko135Dined on 9/8/2014With an adequate wine list and tasty cocktail offerings, this place is perfect for date night. The food is good, the ambience is reminiscent and the after dinner stroll in Jackson Square is nothing but entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restraurantSassysammieDined on 9/8/2014Muriel's was fantastic. It had the flavors of New Orleans that I had been craving. Next time I visit the city I will defineatly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in NOSpinMDDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant has great food, great service, and great ambiance. The noise level is very good, and the upstairs rooms, balcony, and the mystery of the resident ghost all help to make it a memorable experience. The bar is excellent as well. Plenty of room. Food was fantastic, and after a week in NO eating at all of the finest here, this one stands out as one of the very best of our whole experience. Would recommend it to anyone. ENJOY!Special Features:
- Excelente restauranteConeDined on 9/6/2014Fuimos a cenar con reserva a las 10 pm . La atencion muy buena sobretodo de Marcelo la comida excelente recomiendo el duck sandwich y el pescado con pecanas realmente delicioso mi esposo comio el shrimp crep y el pork todo muy sabroso. Se los recomiendoSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ambienceNoladinerDined on 9/5/2014Went to Muriels for my husbands birthday. He got the double pork chops and I had the fix price dinner of bayoubaisse, salad and bread pudding. Everything was excellent and it was more than we could eat!! Ours servers were very attentive and timely. The ambience is elegant and romantic. Will visit again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MarcyDined on 9/5/2014Visited NO for the first time with 2 other couples. Chose Muriel's based on a few recommendations and the menu we saw online. We were not disappointed. Located in Jackson Square it was a short walk from our hotel. The restaurant has alot of charm and the food was great. We mostly ordered different thing off of the prix fixe menu and everyone enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBillBDined on 9/5/2014A few of the reviews I have read discredited the service. I can say the service was impeccable. We couldn't have asked for better service. The food was great. My only comment is that the menu is somewhat limited.Special Features:
- Great authentic food at Muriel'sJimmytDined on 9/1/2014Had dinner with two friends. I had the skirt steak, friends had the duck and smoked BBQ shrimp. One friend said they were the biggest and also the best shrimp he had ever eaten. The service was outstanding, the waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable. The manager made it a point to visit every table and make sure everyone was having a terrific meal. This was my third trip to New Orleans and my third time visiting Muriel's. Great restaurant and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great NOLA ChoiceDinerkjDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed a great NOLA/Creole style dinner in this cute place just off Jackson Sq. We happened to be there for Restaurant Week, so some of us enjoyed a beautiful 3 course dinner for $35 each (drinks excluded of course!). The turtle soup was delicious, but gumbo was not special compared to other places in NOLA. Our varied entrees were all great, but you should want to save room for dessert....the bread pudding and flourless chocolate cake desserts were big standouts! All in all, a great meal for 6 of us with great service and food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014i am a local and eat hear once a month. I also recommend it to friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummoDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful restaurant!!! Great food, awesome drinks and even a ghost story!!! Our family loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respects!ScottyDined on 8/29/2014Thoroughly enjoyed. Food, service, ambiance all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In New Orleans, go to Muriel'sGregoDined on 8/29/2014If you go to New Orleans, go to Muriel's or "you wll be issuing out" on a great dining experience. Located at Jackson Square, Muriel's is right in the thick of the French Quarter. The service is 1st class and the food is great. Try the double cut pork chop. Don't miss Muriel's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014I just want to say that my duck entree was very good but was mostly impressed with the warm hospitality shown by Josh the floor manager. Thank you,!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLsllslDined on 8/28/2014Great food. Good three course dinner at good price really recommend gumbo and BBQ shrimp. The best. Great service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placequarterfansDined on 8/28/2014Muriel's is our go to place. The food is always really great and the location is one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Gothic Coolinary CharmMattvinylDined on 8/28/2014Totally unique. A table set for the resident ghosts. Their own seance room. And the food, service & value exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous & GoodJereasyVIPDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant is very pretty, right on Jackson Square in the French Quarter, and the food is exceptionally good. Our server was knowledgable and warmly welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant experienceNOLAvisitorDined on 8/27/2014My second visit. Always a pleasant experience. Great staff. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Experienceeh3kDined on 8/24/2014I was in NOLA during August and ran across the Coolinary menu. I picked Muriel's from the list of participating restaurants because I'd heard it was good and the Coolinary menu options looked good. I wasn't disappointed! This was a fantastic meal. The ambiance was classy and upscale. Everyone in my party of 4 thought that each item was delicious. Some standouts were the bread they served, the turtle soup was outstanding and the bread pudding was absolutely out of this world! I'd definitely return for a special occasion and recommend to anyone for a memorable New Orleans dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Jazz Brunch!footprintsDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful selection, great ambience, and delicious! The jazz trio was a real treat.Special Features:
- THE BESTBJBEACHDined on 8/24/2014Service was IMPECCABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! It was some of the best restaurant service I have had in years, and we eat at many fine dining restaurants. Drinks were very well made Eggs Benedict cooked to perfection Barbecue Shrimp and Southern Grits were AMAZING!!!!!! Simply the best I have EVER eaten and I am from the South--there were SO many shrimp We were too full for dessert :( The management was always on the floor checking with the diners Wish we had been able to try dinner---Next time I LOVED THIS RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Best food in Nola especially in the French Quarter. Will be back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Wife's favoriteLouisAltazanDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Muriel's three times and each time it has been outstanding. The food is very good, the menu is varied and service is always good.Special Features: