Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres Street
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Muriel's Jackson Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.muriels.com/
- Phone: 5045681885
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner served daily: Monday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm and Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Jazz Brunch 11:00am -2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Gus Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Muriel's Jackson Square
The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole / Cajun / Southern
Muriel's Jackson Square - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Muriel's Jackson Square reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)fit for foodies (159)romantic (152)neighborhood gem (124)good for groups (103)scenic view (81)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (65)hot spot (54)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)Show More
- Great food + great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Muriel's really is all around a great experience. The food was amazing. The service, impeccable. A must when visiting NOLA. We were a little concerned about the dress code but jeans didn't seem to be a problem. Other folks were also dressed down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Greated with champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Total surprise! Food was delicious and the jazz was very New Orleans. A very nice brunch choice on such a beautiful morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014We had reservations for 4 at the Jazz Brunch on Sunday and we were not disappointed at all. The food was absolutely mouth watering! We started with Milk Punches and I must say they were the best I have had. Three of us had the eggs benedict and the one of us had the seafood gumbo and the crepe appetizers. We were ewwing and awwing! Then, to top it off we had their famous bread pudding and it was over the top for us! The service was excellant, there was even a Jazz Band that played! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our bread, entrées, wine and dessert...still talking about it! Went back again for the bread pudding. Can't wait to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food is excellent. Great selection for everyone. They allow sharing dishes and were very accommodating! Service excellent and haunted stories too beautiful building and great location,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomColumbusDined on 10/24/2014The location is impeccable. The waitresses were impersonal. The food was underwhelming. We were expecting a better experience for a high priced meal. The gorgonzola cheesecake was moderately interesting. The drum fish was ok. The bread pudding was outstanding. All said, there are much better choices in New Orleans to eat.Special Features:
- Delicious but LOUDloves2eatDined on 10/24/2014Had a great time, enjoyed the food, the ambience, the service, etc. My only complaint was that it was so loud we could almost not hear each other. Plan ahead to request a quiet spot and don't go if your throat is sore - haha.Special Features:
- nolaregularDined on 10/24/2014Overall wonderful dinning and bar experience. Crabmeat/Cheese appetizer was surpurb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!New2MSDined on 10/24/2014I love visiting this restaurant! The food is superb, the ambiance is amazing, and the service is good. My only complaint is don't be in a rush. They are not good at getting you out quickly when necessary. Just plan for a long leisurely dinner and you'll be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCarrieDined on 10/23/2014Disappointed - was expecting great food and great service. Son and wife had been previous day and recommender the restaurant However food was not exceptional and the service lacking - waitress was slow to bring our wine and forgot to bring any water. My husband was given the wrong dessert and then when the correct one arrived it had to be sent back because it was cold. The waiter then took a long time to take our payment But a younger American couple on the next table got exceptional attention ...Special Features:
- Haunted RestaurantwelldonecookDined on 10/22/2014Muriel's was a stop on a ghost tour I took in the French Quarter. I really wanted to dine there after walking by it on the tour and hearing about it's history and seeing the table set for the ghost. Three months later I was staying in the French Quarter again and made reservations. The food was amazing and I got to see the ghost's table first hand.Special Features:
- All around fabulousExquisiteDined on 10/22/2014This gem sits in the heart of the French Quarter and the atmosphere, including the table set for the resident spirit, is charming. The food was fantastic, from Hors d'oeuvres to dessert. And the service was the most attentive, and the most friendly that we have every experienced, our waiter David was outstanding! Really a fantastic time all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Quarter GemKLSABDined on 10/21/2014What a great fine dining restaurant with a fabulous New Orleans feel. We loved the atmosphere, service and the food was delicious. There was not one appie or meal that we did not love. Don't miss out on this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value and Food in Nola!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014An excellent restaurant with great service, wonderful food and lovely ambiance. Starter of crepes superb, drum excellent, flourless chocolate cake divine. Prix fixe excellent value.Special Features:
- Best meal I had in New Orleans!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Loved this restaurant, beautiful, great food and great service. Had the drum fish on Sunday night and it was possibly the best fish I've ever had - went back the next night and ordered the same thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasure to Eat HereJayRayDined on 10/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants to take out of town guests to - the location and food can't be beat. Service started out very slowly but then returned to its normal excellence. We always recommend the turtle soup and goat cheese crepes to first timers. Their set menu of three courses also is a big hit and all four of us did get this menu. There is enough variety on the set menu for everyone to get a good variety. They also have an excellent cocktail menu and tried the Vampire's Kiss - very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchJAKEDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food, great service, and wonderful music! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz BrunchEricDined on 10/19/2014Made a reservation and was taken right on time. Very comfortable setting for brunch. Very attentive service. Jazz band rotated from room to room. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Champagne / Jazz BrunchlovetodinedowntownDined on 10/19/2014Excellent way to experience great food, service, atmosphere and music in an historic setting.Special Features:
- TmcnpDined on 10/18/2014Southern charm and very good food. Service outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zoejmDined on 10/18/2014WOW! It was my husband's 30th birthday and we were so impressed! Not only was the food incredible, but the service was outstanding! They even brought out a little cake with a candle on top! Best food in New Orleans! I would highly recommend this restaurant - but make a reservation early as it is a very popular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place!MMtravelerDined on 10/17/2014This was my second time at Muriel's. The service was okay, not great. We ordered the drum fish and the porkchop. My mom raved about the fish, my pork was undercooked and very fatty. I requested the pork be done medium well and the waitress forgot. It had a great taste, but needed more time cooking and a better cut. Too bad, the first time was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good foodspeaktruthDined on 10/17/2014Most New Orleans restaurants have good food, but the food here is especially good.Special Features:
- Great Taste of NOLADocADined on 10/17/2014We had a reservation for a family birthday and were immediately seated when we arrived. The service was outstanding. All of our seafood was fresh and the beef was cooked perfectly. I grew up in south Louisiana and would say that the seafood gumbo is one of the best in the city and authentic to the Cajun Culture. Everything we ordered was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tifzDined on 10/17/2014We had a great meal in a prime location on Jackson Square. Ambiance was great! Service and friendliness of staff was great! One of the best meals we had during our trip to New Orleans! Highly recommend going to Muriels! We tried authentic creole cuisine that was worth trying and eating! Dessert was amazing too! Best flourless chocolate cake I've had in years!!Special Features:
- It was....okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We went for dinner on Friday, Oct. 17. The restaurant was beautiful and the staff was great.I ordered the eggplant appetizer and really enjoyed it. We all ordered the salmon and found it to be extremely salty. I really couldn't taste anything BUT salt. The bread pudding was the best of the trip. I would go back but I wouldn't order the salmon again.
- Good Place to Try the Local CousinDMR77VIPDined on 10/17/2014Located in the heart of the French Quarter, Muriel's Jackson Square provides great Creole and Cajun food. The Gumbo and Bayoubaisse are a must. Service is prompt and attentive and prices are reasonable, especially the Prix Fixe menu. Recommended.Special Features:
- Muriel's Jackson SquareJazzmanDined on 10/16/2014The food was well prepared and very tasty but the wait staff were unenthusiastic and did not smile or seem helpful.Special Features:
- Wonderful service!CarolynVIPDined on 10/16/2014We loved the whole experience and the service was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In NOLA you could do betterFoodie4lifeDined on 10/14/2014The food was very good, not great, not memorable. Beyond that, for all the great restaurants you can go to we were a bit disappointed given the star rating at Open Table Usually OT ratings are pretty close but this time it fell short
- Always a hitGrayNetDined on 10/14/2014This is one of our go-to's when visiting New Orleans...the prix fixe menu is an excellent value (and taste!) but we've yet to have something that doesn't taste divine! This trip I enjoyed the duck breast, paired with a spinach-apple-bleu cheese salad and some turtle soup...don't miss out!Special Features:
- Great Food with Excellent Wine ListDan77Dined on 10/13/2014As the title states, great food with Cajun flair. It is not at all spicy so those who are bothered by that need not worry. Many good selections on the menu, and they have a very good wine list with some very competitive prices for a restaurant. I especially liked the 2012 Caymus Cabernet 40th Anniversary. In the heart of the French Quarter on Jackson Square. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchmanDined on 10/12/2014Great place, nicely designed with fantastic food and drink. Service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Wow. This place met all of my expectations for a business dinner. Service from the time you walk in the door, to the pre-dinner cocktails, to apps to dinner was flawless. The Pre-Fix menu has enough regional choices to please any taste. The turtle soup is a definite must have.Special Features:
- Great Location on Jackson SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014In the heart of the action. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restauranttamara063VIPDined on 10/12/2014Loved the atmosphere, service and the delicious food! We even saw a parade go by while we were having brunch which was a bonus! Thank you for a fantastic meal!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!memphisfoodieDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my birthday at Muriel's while in town for a conference, and it was our first time dining there. It was wonderful! The food was classic upscale New Orleans, and the ambiance as well. Liz, our server, was fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant to people both new to and familiar with New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdaylafoodieDined on 10/11/2014I made the reservation to celebrate my husband's birthday. This was our first time to Muriel's & we were not disappointed . My husband had the barbecue shrimp & I had the pecan crusted drum fish. Both dishes were so delicious. The service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant & we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "go-to" place.FrechquartertransplantsDined on 10/11/2014We live close to Muriel's and it has become our favorite place to find a good meal. We've never been disappointed with anything on the menu, which has a nice diversity of choices for whatever you might be craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aside from the great location...KatFVIPDined on 10/10/2014Location is everything in NOLA and Muriel's does not disappoint. However, it was extremely loud, crowded, and the food was just ok. The prix fixed menu was a decent value with all the NOLA favs represented; but, dishes tended to be on the oily side and overdressed/overseasoned. The vanilla creme brûlée tasted good, but could have had a little more flair.