Murals on 54
65 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Murals on 54
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.murals54.com/
- Phone: 2123147700x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST HOURS: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10.30am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 12:30pm.
LUNCH HOURS: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm-2:00pm.(Extended breakfast on the weekends. No lunch on Saturday & Sunday).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sasha Guenther
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Murals is an intimate and elegant setting for countless private gatherings, from bridal showers and bar/bat mitzvahs to birthday parties, product launches and corporate celebrations. Let Murals be the palette to paint your special moment for any occasion.
- Special Events: Murals on 54 is located inside Warwick New York Hotel. Please also inquire about our Catering and Event spaces.
A word from Murals on 54
Located in The Warwick New York Hotel at 54th Street and Avenue of the Americas, Murals on 54 features innovative Mediterranean cuisine. The modernized dining room is warm and comfortable, and showcases Dean Cornwell's historic murals painted in 1937. The murals were just meticulously restored in February 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Murals on 54 reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)Show More
- great breakfast place in midtownpeoriasueDined on 7/3/2014Was looking for a nice convenient comfortable impressive place for breakfast in midtown and came across Murals. A bit pricey but it is a beautiful spot and worth it occasionally!Special Features:
- Always empty, which is why I go!NYCAngelsVIPDined on 4/7/2014It's not for lack of good food, the food is just fine. On the busiest power lunch day of the year with two hour waits anywhere else, this restaurant will still be half empty. I'm not sure why, but I find that very good, especially when lunch wasn't planned in advance enough to get a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cobb SaladClassicStageGroupieVIPDined on 4/4/2014searched for a nice lunch location before going to MOMA with a friend. MOMa is just 1/2 block away, very convenient. The salads were very generous and satisfying, especially paired with one of Murals artisanal rolls, pretzel, asiago or a cranberry nut roll that can be served for dessert!Special Features:
- A quiet haven in midtown.regularguyDined on 3/17/2014A quiet haven in midtown. Lunch on St. Pat's Day, and you wouldn't have known there were howling drunkards just outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2014I picked this spot for its location, style and that it's a good spot to talk and conduct some business without much fuss. It was perfect and we enjoyed the great service and yummy food. My only complaint is that the place closes down at 2pm and we felt rushed to pay up and leave by the staff. Why not push your close to 3? 2pm in NYC is still prime time. I bet you get more business that way.Special Features:
- Not such a Merry ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2013After making reservations for Christmas and arriving on time, we were seated five minutes later. Before taking our drink order we were told the very expensive buffet would end in less than 30 minutes. The manager came over and said they would keep open the buffet for an extra 15 minutes. Very negative dining experience. The food was sub-par and very forgettable. I would never encourae anyone to dine at Murals 54. We felt rushed and it ruined our holiday. Do not accept reservations if you are going to give your guests 30 minutes to eat.
- Christmas Day BrunchElSeeDined on 12/25/2013We had an excellent Christmas Day brunch as a family at the restaurant. The food and service were excellent. It would have been nice if there had been just one more vegetarian entree, though the family very much enjoyed what was on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast meetingDRCGDined on 12/12/2013Have been coming to Murals for 6 or 7 years for breakfast to thank my distributors for their efforts and to conduct a sales review. Murals has been a great venue for this. Will continue to come back each year.Special Features:
- great Thanksgiving menukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkDined on 11/28/2013Everything was delicious, especially the desserts (5-6 cakes, petits fours, fresh fruits,...) Friendly and quick service. Wanted to tell them that we would be 30 minutes late: I was on the phone for 20 minutes, talked to many persons, but everyone would just say they'll put me throughto the restaurant but then hang up. So a stressful experience for us because we thought they might give the table to someone else. But the buffet was great. What appreciated most as Europeans was the fact that we weren't rushed through the lunch, the bill came when we asked for it and they gave us the feeling that we could stay longer if we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedthomasDined on 11/28/2013Nothing else to say We ate thanksgiving lunch On Thursday We won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Good place for business breakfastManBeachMomVIPDined on 11/12/2013I met clients at Murals because I was staying in the restaurant. Since we mostly had coffee, oatmeal, yougurt, etc., hard to really make much of a judgement about the quality of the food overall. It was good but one would hope that they couldn't mess that up! Service was good and unobtrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good for a Business MeetingWindsorDined on 11/8/2013We tried to have a business meeting and it was very loud and the table was not really condusive to a classy business meeting. No table cloths, inappropriate music that was loud. The food was good and I would probably return for a meal with friends, just not business meeting friendly.
- Recommendation to Mural on 54HersheyVIPDined on 10/5/2013Customer Service needs to be retrained to your Server's. Our Server showed up to inform us who he was and brought us our drinks and we went looking for him to get our check after we ate.
- OverpricedPeepsVIPDined on 9/30/2013$80 (before tip) for one English muffin, two yogurts, two granolas, two orange juices. Need I say more?
- POOR BUFFET BREAJFASTJACKVIPDined on 8/22/2013While the fouler looks appetizing , several dishes that were suppose to stay warm were cold! Waiter service was slow. . Tables not cleared in a timely manner.
- Lovely lunchkarenkwVIPDined on 6/5/2013A friend and I met before theater and had a lovely lunch sharing a salad, the crabcake appetizer, lobster macaroni and apple crumble. Everything was delicious. The room is unusual and pretty because of the murals and we were able to leave without feeling rushed. I left my sweater and got a call while I was in the ladies room...that's service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mother's Day brunch!LynneDined on 5/12/2013Everyone was so helpful and inviting. There was a lovely buffet set up with absolutely delicious things to eat. They even let us sit a bit once the brunch was over. Lovely ambience. We'll definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchFrankieEatsDined on 5/12/2013Wonderful Mother's Day brunch. Food was abundant and tasty. Service was exceptional. A must return. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Unique Brunch Spot on 6thOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/12/2013The breakfast restaurant at the Hilton Midtown was closed for renovations so we were lucky enough to enjoy a Mother's Day brunch at Murals. The room has a nice ambiance provided by the paintings of Sir Walter Raleigh and the food was great, with both buffet and al a carte options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The murals are quite niceLauraVIPDined on 4/16/2013The murals are quite nice in this restaurant. Basically it is a hotel restaurant as it's attached to the Warwick hotel. The food was okay. We ordered an assortment of small plates, Truffle risotto, calamari, quesadillas, and tempura shrimp. - all were nothing special. It met our needs for lunch.
- Very colorful. Tasty, daintyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/1/2013Very colorful. Tasty, dainty but hearty menu. Would highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.JET1Dined on 2/1/2013Food and service were excellent. Breakfast menu has enough variety, without being overwhelming, to please anyone.Special Features:
- Not the best Christmas dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012My family and I went to Murals 54 for Christmas dinner because it was listed as one of the best Christmas dinners in NYC. Our experience was not great. A member of my family is vegetarian and there was no vegetarian option for her on the Christmas set menu. Instead, they offered a plate of asparagus and carrots. Our service was the worst we have had since we moved to NYC a year ago. Nevertheless, the turkey dinner the rest of us had was great. Overall, I would never recommend this restaurant based on the options available in the city.
- Poor Service on 54OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We were looking to have a Christmas dinner out at an old NY hotel restaurant. We had the Prix Fixe Christmas menu which was overpriced as the food itself was just fair -- like a wedding caterer. The service was really bad, which was surprising considering that it was a hotel. The maitre d' did not seem to recognize that we were waiting out front. It took way too long to be recognized by the wait staff to get a drink initially and they were not attentive during the meal. Then we felt rushed out as it seemed as if they simply wanted to get home. Things must have gone down hill since Cary Grant was a resident.
- Our group of eight came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Our group of eight came here for Christmas dinner. We chose it because we liked the selections on the prix fixe that we saw online, and thought the ambiance looked classy. However, the service was awful. No one was rude to us, but we did not feel well attended. We also were not served the amuse bouche course of the prix fixe, and no mention of this was made by any of the staff. The food was only ok - the turkey was really dry, and the extra gravy we asked for was cold. The cocktails were also not made well. Overall, I can understand why this place was not crowded on Christmas, even though it's in a prime neighborhood. We will not be returning.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The meal was priced to include an appetizer, but I had to ask for it. I have had much better food at less expensive restaurants.Our server seemed irritated that she had to work on Christmas day. A neighboring table did a toast, the bottom of the glass fell out and soaked a young lady. The servers simply tried to cover the wet table over with another cloth, leaving the dripping wet one beneath. Did not leave a good impression.
- My husband and I were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2012My husband and I were there for the prix fixe Christmas lunch buffet. The food was all quite good, but nothing outstanding. The buffet was arranged in a strange order: plates, soup, desserts, non-carve items. Nothing was labeled. I have never seen an automatic gratutity added to a buffet meal. I think that the 18% was way out of line for a buffet. The gratuity is supposed to be for service, and we served ouselves. Murals on 54 was a pleasant experience until the bill came. $250 for a buffet lunch for two with two glasses of wine each is not something we will repeat. What we had was not worth that amount of money.
- Selection of food was nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Selection of food was nice, though a bit pricey for $80 for Christmas brunch. Service was friendly but not very attentive. Room was wonderful with the murals on the walls. Very crowded.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a large varietyMeducatorVIPDined on 12/25/2012We enjoyed a large variety of foods at their Christmas Brunch. Ideal for celebrating the holiday
- Went on Xmas Day for 'special'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Went on Xmas Day for 'special' lunch - was a little disappointed that nothing really related to Christmas and didn't think food range was particularly good quality for the price.
- We had visited Murals on 54OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We had visited Murals on 54 2 years ago for Christmas lunch and we had a fantastic time. Food was great with plenty of selection and also a great desert bar. We could not wait to get back there again to celebrate this Christmas with our family. Unfortunately this year was a very different story. Limited selection of food, and deserts consisted of cup cakes. We had to ask for drinks 15 minutes after we arrived, as no one had attended us. Prices of this years lunch buffet had increased by $20 per head for considerably less than what was previously on offer.
- Better than my first experience.SappyDined on 12/25/2012Better than my first experience. The price has increased. Selection is limited especially the desert selections. Staff especially the young gentlemen bussing and assisting were genuinely nice ,helpful,and attentive. Attractive room but a tight space. Still room for imp rove meant.
- My husband and I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012My husband and I dined at Murals on 54 for Christmas lunch and it was abolutely lovely. Even though we were away fro our family and friends it felt like a home away from home. The selection of food was fantastic and service was exceptional. We would definitely reccomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Average food, average service, more than above average mandatory gratuity. Not again for us. If given the chance try somewhere else.
- the service is good when youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012the service is good when you have it. We serve our water by ourself as we can't find anyone was available to serve. there is a black waitress who we called to serve, but she said:" your waiter will come to you, i am not in this area." although she was able to give us a cup of water. the food was okay, nothing special for a christmas meal.Special Features:
- It was dreadfulThe worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012It was dreadfulThe worst service we have had anywhere in the us or Canada. The food was at best ordinaryThe service ranged from surly to non-existentI was embarrassed to have taken our guest there.We cancelled our reservation for the next day and had an excellent meal at Brasserie for the same price Frankly, I'd be concerned about being associated with Murals if I were you.
- So SoABNNHDined on 11/29/2012Went there for a business lunch. Nothing special. There were only 2 other parties in the restaurant so it was dead quiet. Despite this (or maybe because of it) our server disappeared after delivering the check. My guest had to go back to work, and I had to sit there for 15 minutes trying to find someone who worked there. Not cool. Food was ok. I had a Nicoise salad with fresh tuna that was overcooked. If I'd been able to find the server, I would have sent it back. Unless you are staying at the hotel, I cannot think of any reason why you'd go there.
- Food was ok but very smallMickeyDined on 11/28/2012Food was ok but very small portions. Desert was great. Very expensive for lunch. Small and quiet.
- Quiet lunch spot in the WarwickLainieVIPDined on 11/27/2012Quiet lunch spot in the Warwick Hotel. Food and service were fine. Refined and quiet and nice when you want this type of environment.
- Huge disappointment! ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Huge disappointment! This is 3rd year we've had thanksgiving there. In previous years, there wasn't a huge selection of food, but the quality was good. I LOVE turkey so was super excited! The turkey was indelible! It tasted like the processed stuff hospitals serve!! We complained and it was obviously we weren't the first. So i paid $75 to eat mashed potatoes... Wish i woulve went to KFC