Mural Room - Grand Teton Lodging Company
100 Jackson Lake Lodge
5 Mi N of Moran
Moran, WY 83013Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mural Room - Grand Teton Lodging Company
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gtlc.com/dining/jackson-lake-lodge-the-mural-room.aspx
- Phone: 3075433463
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 9:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am -1:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Conrad
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Teton Lodge Company’s Executive Chef Josh Conrad along with an illustrious team of catering and event professionals creates one of a kind magic.
- Private Party Facilities: The East Mural Room offers parties of up to 90 guests with a private space overlooking the Grand Teton Mountain Range.
- Private Party Contact: Levi Thorn 3075433005
A word from Mural Room - Grand Teton Lodging Company
The panoramic views of the Grand Teton Mountain Range from the Mural Dining Room at Jackson Lake Lodge are the finest in any National Park. Prepare yourself for a culinary experience with a twist which defines Rocky Mountain cuisine that is the perfect complement to the views. Executive Chef Josh Conrad offers local buffalo, sustainable seafood that includes local trout, wild caught salmon and all natural organic beef all prepared fresh at our on-site butcher shop, along with warm bread rolls, from our onsite bakery. For lunch we offer a selection of small dishes, organic salads, rustic sandwiches and light fare options. The dessert menu will blow you away with featured new age desserts along with homemade ice cream and sorbets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mural Room - Grand Teton Lodging Company - Best Restaurants in Moran ›
Mural Room - Grand Teton Lodging Company reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (49)romantic (34)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AussieDined on 9/17/2014We had great table and watched a great sunset and also saw a bear and Elk from the dining table. Louis looked after us and he was great. Recommended food and even brought binoculars to spot the wildlife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every wayDressagedivaDined on 9/16/2014Fabulous view, great food, and super service. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Great view but go the grill . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our party of six reserved a table for 6:30. Things started well but perhaps this section of the restaurant was overbooked as every step of the meal from ordering to serving food seemed to take double the usual amount of time. Four of us ordered prime rib which turned out to be the toughest prime rib I've ever eaten. We also ordered dessert which again lagged at every step from getting the dessert menu to ordering to actually having the food delivered. Sunset over the Tetons was magnificent as was the time with friends. However, we had all sat for so long that we were stiff as we stood to leave. Next time we'll do take-out from the grill next door, eat in the lobby and watch the sun set over Mt. Moran from there.Special Features:
- Great National Park DiningCaptainRahRahDined on 9/11/2014The Mural Room at Jackson Lake Lodge is a fine choice for lunch or dinner! A spectacular view of Mt. Moran and delicious menu including buffalo, elk and trout! Great for groups, foodies, trekkers, families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed experience at mural roomdisappointed13Dined on 9/11/2014Some of the meals we had there were delicious and others were a disappointment. The lobster bisque with brie was fantastic. The duck, which was described by the waitress as crispy skinned with a glaze was one of the worst dishes I've ever had, neither glazed nor with a crispy skin and very dried out. I couldn't believe it was served like that. Our breakfasts were fine, but we did not go back for another dinner at the Mural Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teton PanoramaNJmomDined on 9/7/2014The windows of the Mural Restaurant frame the Grand Tetons just so perfectly that you can't take your eyes off this beautiful scene. We were scheduled to be there for sunset, but instead got a terrific lightning/rain shower. It only lasted 10 minutes but the stunning view was breathtaking. The service is above average - very well-paced and accommodating. The food was delicious, the only con are the prices - very steep for a National Park. You can have the same view at the Blue Heron Terrace but of course in the rain storm, it was not an option for us. We did have our drinks there though and the outdoor seating was lovely. We even invited an Australian couple to join us so that they could commandeer the table after us.Special Features:
- TlcaresDined on 9/7/2014We will never forget our dinner at the Mural room. The atmosphere, food (we had the prime rib), and the service staff were all wonderfull! Best of all was the fantastic view!Special Features:
- Mural Room sept '14DaveDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic as always. Can't beat the view, food is superb, wine & beer list is great. Go there when in GTNP!Special Features:
- Spectacular View, OK FoodSpankyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Unbelievably Great View! Nice servers, but the food is typical of a National Park. It sounds great, but what ends up on your plate is fine, but not great. The view is the reason we keep coming back!
- Purple Mountains MagestyIWasThereDined on 8/31/2014One of the best views on the planet in a plain Jane lodge with surprisingly good food, adequate wine list and warm personal service. Ask for the server named Guy.Special Features:
- JH10Dined on 8/29/2014Great food with an unparalleled view of the Teton Range!Special Features:
- Dinner in generalDiamondLilDined on 8/29/2014We were a little disappointed by being seated way down in the corner at the back of the room. The food (prime rib) was not tender but rather tough. The service was excellent except the seating hostess. We did not share the disappointment with the waitress. However, a table of eight seated close to us had the same complaint about the prime rib and were offered free dessert. I think they do try to provide a great meal, it just didn't happen with us.Special Features:
- The Majestic View.LuckyDuckDined on 8/26/2014This was probably one of the best restaurants I have ate at. The only thing I could compare it to would be the restaurant in Volcanoes National Park Lodge in Hawaii. I'm not quite sure of the name. The view is absolutely breathtaking. The food was delightful. And the service is second to none. I would love to go back if it weren't 1600+ miles away :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable viewsPickyeaterDined on 8/25/2014Service was very attentive. Coffee was good. Buffet was extensive. Nothing can beat the views. Nothing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wyoming road tripMikeyDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I were on a 2 week trip to Wyoming from Chicago which was a combination of camping and staying at hotels/lodges in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. I had dined in the Mural Room twice before with friends and finally had the chance to stay at the Jackson Lodge and have dinner in the Mural Room with my wife. It did not disappoint. We had a great time and great meal.Special Features:
- DisasterFoodreviewDined on 8/20/2014Seated by a table of 4 unattended children. Waiter was quite inattentive, manager agreed. Chef served lukewarm good and undercooked fish. Entire meal was comped by manager, only 1 of us ever got to eat what we ordered, the rest was sent back... Twice!Special Features:
- Mural Room, Grand TetonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Mural Room very much. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! My kids loved it as well and the view was spectacular.Special Features:
- DDDDDined on 8/14/2014Great view, service and food! The staff called us by our name and even lent us a pair of binoculars to get a better look at the wildlife.Special Features:
- Unbelievable view and then somebigfootDined on 8/14/2014Everyone mentions the view. But it is jaw-dropping. They could get away with serving anything, but the food is actually very well done, and the menu is appropriate to the setting. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, beautiful viewLbbethDined on 8/11/2014Had a wonderful dinning experience at the Mural room. Loved that they had some vegetarian options as I often have trouble finding food when dinning in the National Parks. The vegetarian entree I had was a Rye Berry dish and it was so delicious! I actually wanted to return and have it again the next night! My partner had the trout and also thought it was wonderful. The view was beautiful and service was just right. The Moose butter and Bison chocolates were an extra delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on Earth At Mural RoomJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/10/2014You look out the large windows at Mural Room at Grand Teton Lodge and see the majestic Teton Mountain Range framed against the blue sky and you believe you see where heaven meets earth. But the view isn't the only thing heavenly inside this National Park-the food, the service, the ambiance are out of this world. We ate there two nights in a row. On the first night, I enjoyed the Prime Rib dinner where my meal was prepared perfectly to order. My partner had the Idaho Red Trout which was the best she'd ever tasted. On day two, we again enjoyed the view and our meals as well - I had the half chicken (absolutely delicious) while my mate enjoyed the salmon. We left Mural Room both nights with smiles on our faces. Six stars to Mural Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on Earth At Mural RoomJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/9/2014You look out the large windows at Mural Room at Grand Teton Lodge and see the majestic Teton Mountain Range framed against the blue sky and you believe you see where heaven meets earth. But the view isn't the only thing heavenly inside this National Park-the food, the service, the ambiance are out of this world. We ate there two nights in a row. On the first night, I enjoyed the Prime Rib dinner where my meal was prepared perfectly to order. My partner had the Idaho Red Trout which was the best she'd ever tasted. On day two, we again enjoyed the view and our meals as well - I had the half chicken (absolutely delicious) while my mate enjoyed the salmon. We left Mural Room both nights with smiles on our faces. Six stars to Mural Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View - Food Disappointsluv2eatDined on 8/5/2014The Mural Room at Jackson Lake Lodge sucks you in due to the magnificent view of the Grand Tetons. Unfortunately the food at dinner doesn't follow the impressive viewing vista. Rolls are awful, soft and doughy, soup is bland and expensive. Food is served cold and selection is very limited. Its basically a fast service type restaurant on a mass scale. I had tenderloin steak and it was small, served luke warm and appeared to be microwaved. Side vegetables were non-existent. You will love the view but food will leave you disappointedSpecial Features:
- BobBobtexDined on 7/31/2014The food was very good and the service could not have been better. The view from the Mural room is breathtaking. Take your binoculars. Watch the wildlife as you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EjaneDined on 7/28/2014Amazing location, huge view of Grand Tetons mountains. Pleasant,attentive service. Delicious food - we had bison tenderloin, which was unbelievably tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a view for a priceTravelinMan26VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was just ok and expensive for what you got. The view is amazing on a clear day.Special Features:
- Bubba1VIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been coming here about every 5 years for the last 45. The veranda, view of the Tetons is superb. The menu is adequately varied and the food is well prepared. Wait staff is friendly, enthusiastic and from all over the states and world. While not inexpensive, prices are very competitive with restaurants in nearby Jackson and one can't beat the ambience. Come early or stay later to walk around and watch elk and moose emerge from the willows in front of the snow capped peaks.Special Features:
- Unique amongst dining roomslfrancis61Dined on 7/22/2014This dining room provides expansive overlooks of the Grand Tetons mountain range and is located within Jackson Lake Lodge right in the national park. You cannot possibly beat this view, and the menu and wine list are solid, especially if you have been hitting the hiking trails all day and have worked up a mountain man's (women's) appetite. Your very attentive servers will take care of your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014The food was great. Service was friendly and accommodating to special needs. It is a great treat to have fine dining out in the wilderness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdaviecichDined on 7/20/2014it was the highlight of our stay at the lodge. they had the best tasting steak I'd had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!Jax14Dined on 7/19/2014Service was excellent! Food was delicious and unique. My granddaughter particularly enjoyed the "Moose Butter"!Special Features:
- service awesome, food eh.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We had great service at the lodge, but the Mural Room is hot and run down. The food was sub-par. The bread in the basket was terrible and slightly stale and the food was below average too. My tomato/ fresh motz salad had one thin slice of tomato. I am not joking. This slice was not even good. I had the prime rib and it was good, but the sides weren't. Great recommendation on the wine from the server too. Loved our server-retired gentleman who shot it straight. Sadly, after this experience, I wouldn't come again.Special Features:
- Mural Room at Grand teton LodgeVictoriaDined on 7/17/2014We had asked for a table near the window, and and our request was honored. We were seated on time and the service was exceptional. The food was well prepared and served the appropriate temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Not gourmet, but after a slow start, the service was good and the good delicious. Hard to beat the view--the moose in the meadow was an unexpected treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealHiker1Dined on 7/17/2014After 4 trips to the Mural Room over the past 15 years, I think this last visit was the best yet. Both the food and service are wonderful. The best place for a "fancy" night out in Grand Teton or Yellowstone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mural RoomPaulDined on 7/16/2014Exceeded our expectations. Great service, delcious food, spectacular view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Great dinner - it could not be better. Thanks for an unforgettable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not just all about the view.DarlodinerDined on 7/14/2014Although the Mural Room is quite pricey, the chance to dine on fine food with a view of the Grand Tetons can't be missed. The room itself is lovely with historic murals adorning the walls. There is an interesting selection on the menu with specialities such as elk loin. The main course portion sizes were generous, but I felt the salad was rather sparse for the money. There is an extensive wine list and the attentive staff ensure that your choice matches your food selections. In fact, the service was outstanding. A terrific experience, all round.Special Features:
- VivienneDined on 7/14/2014Restaurant has perfect view of Tetons, with a fairly upscale and unique menu. However, the service we received did not equal the price we paid. Expected exceptional service from the 'nicest' restaurant at resort, however server didn't check on us enough, needed refills, server was never around to order another drink. Was glad to pay bill and get out of there....opted to have dessert next door in the diner where we had great dessert(not as fancy of course), drinks, and awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodfunDined on 7/10/2014The view is spectacular, food is average and expensive. The Blue Heron is casual with pub fare but the view is just as good.Special Features: