Mura at North Hills
4121 Main at North Hills St
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Mura at North Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muranorthhills.com/
- Phone: 9197817887x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Toshio Sakamaki
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are planning an event in North Raleigh, consider hosting at Mura, located in the North Hills Shopping Center. Drawing inspiration from the traditions and motifs of Japan, Mura offers a warm, refined atmosphere for whatever special occasion you may be planning.
With event venues available for rent ranging from small, intimate tatami rooms, to our entire restaurant, Mura provides a flexible space for business meetings, company parties, birthday dinners, receptions and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Tripp Caldwell 9197817887x
- Entertainment: Join us every Thursday night for live music, a wine tasting hosted by a local fine wine purveyor, and a sushi tasting full of handcrafted Mura favorite rolls. We look forward to seeing you here!
A word from Mura at North Hills
Specializing in flavorful Japanese cuisine and one-of-a-kind sushi rolls, Mura has been one of North Hill’s most popular restaurants since opening in 2005. Our menu features a delectable combination of steaks, sushi and other Japanese fare, as well as an extensive drink menu offering everything from Japanese beers and local craft brews to Asian-inspired cocktails and sake. Be sure to take advantage of our “Buy One, Get One ½ Off” sushi special in Raleigh, as well as other food and drink specials offered almost every day of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mura at North Hills - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Mura at North Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (28)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Food is ok...EmmyDined on 10/17/2014Honestly I have never been impressed with this restraunt group. They always have great spaces with great ambiance but the food is never very impressive.Special Features:
- Anniversarypirate757Dined on 10/12/2014Called ahead to make reservations for my wife and my two year anniversary. Asked if the chef could pick out 6 rolls and if they could have my wife's favorite drink waiting. Upon arriving, the staff went far and beyond. The table was set up different from all other tables, my wife's favorite drink was sitting on ice, and the service was excellent. Everyone from the manager, our waitress, and the other servers checked on us and wished us a happy anniversary. I recommend this restaurant and staff to anyone looking for a romantic night or a night with friends. Thank you for the experience Mura!Special Features:
- Great sushi RestaurantHaus84Dined on 10/3/2014I've been to Mura several times and it never fails to disappoint. The sushi is the best in Raleigh, in my opinion. We ordered the "sushi for two" and it was delicious. All of the fish tastes fresh and not the cheap cuts you find at other sushi spots. There is a popular, gimmicky sushi/burger restaurant close by and I appreciate not having to hear the "happy birthday gong song" every 5 minutes at Mura.Special Features:
- Great foodCharlestonvisitorsDined on 9/27/2014Great experience. Service is very good and food is great. Value for the money is excellent. Location is great with plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variable quality, overdone fish.AlexInRaleighDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time at Mura. They on two occasions significantly overcook their fish beyond order. Otherwise their food is decent. Last time we had a good waiter. This time we had a waiter who clearly didn't care. She wasn't unfriendly, just totally ambivalent and slow. She also didn't know the offerings of Mura and had to go back several times to ask. Then they did not have any Cognac for after dinner drink. What a disappointment. For the price they charge I expect far better so we won't be back most likely.Special Features:
- Sushi at MuraBicoastalfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Mura. We ordered a Boat and the mixture of sushi rolls (and sashimi which we added) was excellent! A bottle of Syrah we chose from their wine list was a perfect accompaniment.Special Features:
- service was awfuldetrpd042014Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I do not go out much. She wanted some good sushi. Well the food was great but it took 45 minutes to receive our salads. Our water and glasses both went and we had to ask for refills. I don't expect to have great service every time I do go out but this service was so poor that I will not be returning to dine at this location ever again.Special Features:
- First visitBigVicDined on 9/4/2014This was my first visit here and it was good. It didn't light my world on fire, but all was tasty. It was a little pricy, but the presentation and ambiance somewhat justified it. I only ordered 2x sushi rolls. One of them was fabulous, the other was good but not as yummy as the "Hurricane". Overall, I'll be back again and I hope is isn't raining so I can dine outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGTecDined on 8/31/2014This should tell you everything you need to know about this restaurant....I drove my wife an hour and a half to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent high quality SushiMisterTom64Dined on 8/30/2014We have dined at Mura several times. The food is high quality, the dining room is theatrically adequate. Certain members of the wait staff are not as attentive as others. On our last dining experience, I ordered 3 courses and the first two were brought together. I was not asked if I prefer them separate. Then there was a long pause while we waited for the entree course. We had to wait for the dishes to be cleared (another long pause) before desert was offered. My wife took some of her roll in a go box. They could have thrown some of the wasabi in the box, alas just 4 pieces of the roll which made it boring to eat cold later. There are many other places to enjoy sushi around the triangle, this one may not at the top anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014From the hostess to the server (John) to everyone here, it was a great experience. We had three sushi rolls (Sin City - 86 cream cheese and sub jalapenos) Awesome suggestion by our server, John. He was incredible with knowledge of menu items and wine. GREAT experience, we are spoiled and are just looking for a reason to go back NOW :o) If you love sushi and a nice, romantic get away to just relax, unwind and have some great sushi, this is your place!Special Features:
- Hear Ye Hear YeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The service was very good at Mura and didnt have to wait at all. The sushi was delicious, best me or my girlfriend have eaten. Already told a friend about it and he is going for his birthday in a couple weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food makes it worth itCrumbsDined on 8/12/2014Waiter was not the most friendly, seems to not want to be there. Brought us the wrong roll, but replaced with correct one. Took about 45 minutes to get our food, but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulGreatNo1Dined on 7/20/2014Food is always served quickly & perfect. Beautiful atmosphere & elegant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ourselves.BellaDined on 7/19/2014Di not order sushi or sashimi. The entrees and appetizers were more interesting. Large ortions of the entrees left no room for dessert which we usually skip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Food was good but quite expensive for what I ordered. A filet hibachi ended up costing me over 47$. The vegetables were crunchy and the dish was tasty. The side house salad with dressing was divine. I meant to ask what the dressing was made with but was too distracted. The noise level in the restaurant was a little louder than normal for this time of night/day of the week but I didn't mind it. Food was great just a bit too expensive for what was being offered.Special Features:
- The following 436 reviews are from the Mura at North Hills reviews archive.
- Eh.JVRaleighDined on 6/21/2014This place isn't anything special. The sushi is ok, everything else other than sushi is less than ok. The service was lacking. I went there several years ago and overall it was much better then, so just seems to have gone downhill since then. Feels like a cheap Japanese steakhouse vibe, not the cool sushi spot it wants to be.
- Food and service were a hit.travelonDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Mura. Our food was excellent and arrived in a timely fashion. There seemed to be a big, after-work crowd at 7pm on a Friday night. The private rooms would be appealing for a birthday party.Special Features:
- Another great lunchEmilyDined on 6/15/2014We've eaten at Mura more than any other restaurant in Raleigh. I adore the sushi. This time around we tried rolls that we've never had before and they were fantastic. Sunday is BOGOHO and half price wine - can't beat that!Special Features:
- Surprise Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We had a surprise birthday party for my son's 21st birthday. The staff handled the surprise part very well. The only change I would have made was to be seated at a location more inside the room. The food was excellent, and we were given plenty of time to visit and eat at a leisurely pace.Special Features:
- Really goodafavoriteDined on 5/8/2014I always get good service here. The inside is a bit cold for me. They keep the a/c up, but I'm sure many like that. The outside is a lovely place to sit and the food is delicious. They have wine tastings on Thursdays, which is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceLuvSushiDined on 5/3/2014We went to Mura for our Anniversary and the food was not very good. The sushi did not seem fresh and the service was slow. It is not a place for kids either. We find Waraji to be much better and this was not our first trip to Mura.
- Date nightFeedmyfaceDined on 5/1/2014This was the first time me and the hubs have been out to dinner, with no children in a very long time, and it was perfect. The food amazing, found parking right in front of the restaurant and were seated promptly. We will definitely be doing this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not awesomeaktmDined on 5/1/2014You don't go to Mura for the sushi, there are great places to get sushi in Raleigh, almost all of them offering a bogo deal. You go to Mura for a special night out; it is not cheap, they do not offer deals. I chose Mura as a location for a bachelorette dinner and I noted the occasion in our reservation. Our server was not bad, but he was not friendly or memorable. He never congragulated the bride and certainly didn't make it feel like we were out celebrating. Similarly, the host who greeted us and sat us never made mention of the special occasion. Based on this experience, there are other great sushi places and other places to choose to celebrate that will actually make you feel like you having a special night.Special Features:
- Never disappointed.EmilyDined on 4/25/2014We've dined at Mura on several occasions - usually during the lunch hour. This was our first time at Mura on a Friday night and we weren't disappointed. We were first taken to a table but I saw that there was an open booth and they were open to us sitting there. It was a little more intimate. Our server immediately came to our table to get our drink order. Our server was about to be seated a large party of 12 but he never once made us feel that we were not important. He totally took care of us and even suggested a roll that ended up being our favorite of the night: Wolfpack roll. Thanks for a delicious night out.Special Features:
- Great Food/Fair ServiceBuzzmanRVIPDined on 4/23/2014The food was very good, although kind of overpriced for what you get. The outside tables were dirty and our waiter was not the friendliest. He seemed distracted and like he would rather be anywhere but working. Not very engaging at all.Special Features:
- Salacious Sushilinder510Dined on 4/20/2014Great service and excellent food. Even though I am allergic to shell fish I was able to enjoy the great variety yellow tail sushi and delicious tempura Asparagus. We will be back. Shawn was a great waiter as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the sushi!OutofstatevisitorsDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I visit Mura when we are visiting the North Hills area. We enjoy their excellent sushi. The beer and wine menu is great too!
- Great SushiTuckDined on 4/9/2014The Sushi was very fresh. The server we had kept forgetting to bring our drinks and other things we had to keep after him. Great place will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi variety lackingjgolfVIPDined on 4/6/2014Yes, they have creative rolls but many common ingredients, cream cheese, tempura this or that....really need to rethink the variety of their rolls.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversary dinnerTFISHDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I chose Mura for our anniversary dinner because the specialty Sushi rolls are hands down the best in Raleigh. This visit was no exception and the food continued to exceed our expectations. The staff went out of their way to make our night special. I would highly recommend Mura for anyone looking for a romantic and delicious dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014Excellent choice of rolls - some standard and some very unique - shared 6 different rolls with friends and enjoyed them all. Would definitely recommend - Tuesdays are Buy One get one Half Off, making it a little more reasonable.Special Features:
- Good foodLexasmomDined on 3/30/2014We had the firecracker shrimp as a starter and it was delicious. Sweet and mildly spicy flavors. The sushi was fresh and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in service...but great foodWeinerpupsDined on 3/21/2014Very very slow server, and service this time Took nearly 50 minutes to get our food. This is not typically the norm for this restaurant, so I can't help but think most of it was the server..... Great that they allow well behaved dogs on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good however onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/11/2014Service was good however only saw waitress a handful of timesSpecial Features:
- Sushi to De-stress!CountryCityGirlDined on 3/11/2014Went to Mura after a hard day at work to unwind and enjoy some food, drinks and conversation. Something was going on at the sushi bar so it took awhile for us to receive our sushi. Luckily, we ordered appetizers and drinks. The drinks were amazing. And once we got our sushi it was amazing also. I sat outside and my one issue is they allowed individuals to have their pets sitting in the chairs and near the table. I don't mind the animals being there but next time on the ground.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in the Triangle areaFrequentDinerDined on 3/8/2014We were impressed with the sushi. Definitely the best sushi we have had in North Carolina. The sashimi melted in your mouth and the sushi rolls were spectacular - flavorful and fresh. Delicious cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--slow serviceAndiePDined on 2/28/2014Hadn't been here for awhile! Food was top notch but the service was lacking as our server disappeared for long periods of time when we needed him. Interior was nice as I see they have updated the table and chairs but they forgot to update the light fixtures (ugly)! Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014The food is a little on the pricey side, but still worth the trip. There are 30 or so specialty rolls plus a full menu. The beer / wine / mixed drink list is pretty good as we'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mura - Delicious as alwaysLoves2eatDined on 2/15/2014Mura never disappoints. My fiance and I went Saturday the 15th to celebrate Valentine's and had an excellent experience. My fiance who is a newbie to sushi loves Mura's specialty rolls. Even the main course items that are not specifically sushi are delicious at Mura, which is a detail that is sometimes overlooked at other Japanese restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.