17003 route Trans Canada
Kirkland, QC H9H 5J1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mundotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 5147831941
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
- Catering: Mundo Trattoria is also available for a full restaurant reservation to cater to your party or special event. Please contact (514) 783-1941.
A word from Mundo Trattoria
Discovering an especially fine restaurant where the food is truly extraordinary, the atmosphere is entirely unique, and the attentive service is under the personal supervision of its co-owners is reason enough to let everyone know about a place they absolutely must discover. - West Island SurburbanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mundo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Always a good bet...PaulSVIPDined on 9/11/2014We always enjoy the complete experience at Mundo. Very good service, ambiance & of coarse the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good!VerveDined on 7/20/2014Sunday night, not very busy but the food and service were very good. We know we can come back for a good meal.Special Features:
- ShoeshopDined on 7/17/2014We were 4 for a business lunch and the food was outstanding. We had 3 different dishes from the luncheon menu and each one was excellant. Service was attentive as well. Definately one of the best restaurants on the West Island.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Service very nice and attentive. I had the arugula salad and the linguine Mundo. My husband had the Table d'Hote of an entree of eggplant involtini, with a pasta main of wide fettucine with butternut squash and garlic. We were in and out as we had theatre plans. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- The following 37 reviews are from the Mundo Trattoria reviews archive.
- Decent food not kid friendlyLuckyLukeDined on 5/17/2014Was surprised to learn that they did not have high chairs or boosters for kids. The food was decent for the West Island but comes across as "commercial" a la Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDined on 4/29/2014The grilled octopus was tender and very tasty. Everything was delicious as usual.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBWmtlDined on 4/19/2014Very good food and excellent service. The pasta was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great the surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/25/2014The food is great the surroundings could be better and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F. PintoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Great meal again as always... We needed a nice cozy meal that would make us feel great on a very cold evening... In our neighborhood and worth the visit... Always have a great time there and always eat very well for a very reasonable price... Table d'hote is excellent deal considering the appetizer quality and choice and main meal selection... Always satisfies...Special Features:
- Great Food, original dishesChrisDined on 12/29/2013Great Food, original dishes on the menu, beautiful plates ... and if you want something off the menu they will cater to your wishes.Special Features:
- Another good mealPaulSVIPDined on 9/7/2013Among the best pasta & sauces on the west island. Good portion size. Great Italian style stuffed peppers. Osobucco hit or MISSS. Very good wine selections, Outrageously over priced cannoli $8 & 1 small portion. Very pleasant servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntréesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2013The food is always good but this time, the entrées were fantastic and should be on the menu more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novak's View!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013Mundo always delivers on expectations! Good to great food, generous portions, friendly service staff, energetic atmosphere. This visit's braised short rib was outstanding, fall-off-the-bone, cut with your fork delicious! Well done Mundo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor spot...Bmorin69Dined on 7/9/2013The inside decor, the food and the service are really great! Prices are ok for quality but the spot chosen... Hard to get too, in front or really near from highway... A bit awkward location... But I ate really well...Special Features:
- Service went down a lotLuvyamDined on 5/14/2013The restaurant was almost empty and instead of offering a table for 4 at the window--only one was busy they put us with my 80 year old aunt in the middle on a small table---I would have understood if restaurant full. I honestly do not know who really was our waiter --really a big disappointment no attention to our needs---Asked for salt for my aunt's salad got it when she was almost finished. Not smiey at all.. I said will recommend for the food but not sure I will encourage if service is not improved. For a $125 lunch I would have had better service in a much lower category restaurant ...:..:-( Overall good only for the food that was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprofessional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013This was our third or fourth visit to Mundo. We really like that it is close to our home in the West Island, yet feels more like a downtown restaurant. Up until this last visit our experience has always been very positive. Perhaps it can be attributed to younger, less experienced wait-staff this time, but we felt very rushed. At 7:45, while one of our party was finishing her meal, our plates were cleared whether empty or not while a waiter hovered waiting to take the last plate. When we mentioned to the waiter that we were feeling quite rushed, he had the audacity to tell us that it WAS a Saturday night rather than apologize for this behavior. We are not inclined to want to go back anytime soon - we left to have dessert elsewhere.Special Features:
- a neighborhood gem indeedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I thought the service at Mundo Trattoria was outstanding, and really made the meal for me and my friend. The waiters were as charming as they were helpful they patiently explained the specials, and even entered the wifi code for me into my phone. The food was good. My mango salad had nice flavour but was a little wilted. The osso bucco serving was very generous and the flavour and sauce seasoning were spot on. I have traveled and eaten throughout Italy, and it was nice to find such a good Italian meal in the West Island.Special Features:
- Great Dinner / Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The food was amazing but we found the service to be extremely slow. Two tables that came in after us were served their main courses and were on dessert before we were served our main courses.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013This is an amazing restaurant. If you love food, this is the restaurant for you. It is a bit pricey but worth it. Food was great, service was great, people are friendly!! What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013My wife and I have been there many times alone and with other couples...& we often suggest it to friends that want a fine restaurant to visit.... Vito (the owner and chief chef) is charming and him and his staff are great people to spend an evening with....Rest assured that with him or his mom or any of his cooks in the kitchen, the meal experience will be great from start to finish... The "Table D'Hote" menu (which changes weekly), offers a fine selection with entrees to die for, my favorite being the Mussels in Sambuca sauce.... This entree would be the normal size meal in another restaurant, but nowhere has it been better tas...Special Features:
- When to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It was our second dining experience at Mundo. We did not enjoy it as much as the first time. Only because it was on Valentine's day and the restaurant was full. Like any other restaurent you go too, especially on weekends od special occations, the service and quality of food is just not the same when a restaurent is completely booked. It is unfortunate but understandable that is why we would dine at Mundo's again.
- Valentines Day mealPaulSVIPDined on 2/14/2013Upon reserving it was NOT made clear that the reg menu was NOT avail. I was really looking forward to specific items on the menu. That being said the fixed menu items were alright. That being said,what a great appetizer spread they offered, calling it Mama's favourites it was impressive. The dessert were also delicious. I insisted that at least my young daughters have a pasta meals each & they accommodated us for that. I had the lamb which was good but not on a bed of mashed potatoes another side would have worked better, my wife modified the pasta dish offered with another sauce & it was great. I was a little surprised/disappointed that no special offering was made for the ladies, like a Rose, maybe next year !Special Features:
- Great west island eatery withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Great west island eatery with lots of energy (stay away if you are looking for a quiet meal with your lover or a meal and conversation!). Manager made us feel special and genuinely wanted us to enjoy our visit, which we did! Oh ya, the food was fantastic, especially Mama's Special of the night. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Mundo Trattoria 'at home'Adolfo4GoodFoodVIPDined on 1/17/2013The 'I am at home' atmosphere at Mundo Trattoria brings me back every time. The fact that I can ask the staff to 'bring me a good wine' and they do does it for me. So good and always friendly service and good food makes this a 'feel good' restaurant for me.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Authentic Italian cuisine, The chef goes to all tables and ask if everything is OK. Make us taste South of italy desert,the food is hot, fresh, tasty and prices are justified by the size and quality of the food. They make you feel like your were sitting at their table. I'll go back anytime.Special Features:
- We will go back!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2012Never been disappointed!! Fantastic food, great service and mamma's home made cookies...delicious!! Definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Good foodPaulSVIPDined on 11/8/2012As usual good food & service, however this evening, moderately full the house music was WAY to loud. Otherwise a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Disappointed @ lunchPaulSVIPDined on 10/29/2012Less than adequate service for a quiet lunch. 2 waiters not doing much were unable to be attentive enough. Less than 15 customers. I had to request water, pepper & cheese from the manager.Special Features:
- We were out at Mundo TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2012We were out at Mundo Trattoria on a Friday night and we have been very satisfied with the food. Tasty and plenty in the plates. Service was excellent. The singer was very good but a little loud for a romantic evening. We will go back to this restaurant. The price is o.k. for this quality of meal and wine.Special Features:
- Don't let location fool you!DinnerDateDined on 10/12/2012I've always enjoyed Mundo for business lunch, so decided to try dinner - the clientele is notably mature i.e. 40+! Service is super attentive without being bothersome. Food presentation is very "today" with attention to detail and quality ingredients. The plates are, however, oversized for many of the dishes and the table space small, so was feeling a bit crowded. As well, the number of tables in this locale seems to be a little jammed so not terribly intimate on a busy night. The Short Rib and Salmon dishes were super tasty, as were our crab cake and escargots appetizers; the halibut dish was, however, quite dry. The Tiramisu was delicious and authentic complimented by coffees that were done just right!Special Features:
- Great Italian foodPaulSVIPDined on 10/4/2012A great homemade touch, with mother & son team in the kitchen. Nice decor & great service. A little over priced for pasta but the taste is great!Special Features:
- Loud TenorOK30Dined on 9/21/2012The food & service was very good. The night we were there, they had a tenor that entertained the clients, he was very good, but unfortunately very loud. We weren't looking for a quiet dinner but we couldn't hear ourselves & also had a good laugh with the surrounding tables who seemed to agree with us. We will go back, but will make sure there are no live entertainment.Special Features:
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012This was our first experience and we would recommend Mundo to our friends and family. Over all the food, service and atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- The food is very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012The food is very good and plentiful. The service is prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Excellent Restaurant with Great wine and Wine Cold Cellar. Excellent Service,Great FoodSpecial Features:
- Food was pleasantly good forBuslunchDined on 10/21/2011Food was pleasantly good for a subburb restaurant. Service was excellent, always available though discreet as it should be. Would prefer not to have a tv set on showing the hockey game: when I take out my wife I do not want to be distracted, but otherwise, this restaurant passed the testSpecial Features:
- Vito always makes you feelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2011Vito always makes you feel like family. The food is great. The service always excellent. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- As always, great meal, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2011As always, great meal, great service! Can't wait to go back....Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Wonderful dinner on Mother's day. At first we were a little disappointed to only have a limited menu for the special occasion. No choice of appetizer and only 4 mains. But, when the four plates of assorted antipasti and delicious mains arrived we were all very happy. Also, three plates of assorted deserts were yummy! Always a great dinner at Mundo's!Special Features:
- It is an excellent restaurant.WeJPB7VIPDined on 7/16/2010It is an excellent restaurant.We use to go almost every month.Special Features: