1300 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mumonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5167473388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't make it into Mumon for one of your events, let us bring our delicious food and hospitable staff right to your home.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room is located behind the lounge area of Mumon. This area can accommodate up to 30 people, comfortably, including 10 people in a lounge area of the private room. Additionally, we host buyouts of sections of our dining room as well as full restaurant buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: James Kim 5167473388
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: Mumon is located one half mile from the Mineola stop on the Long Island Railroad. The restaurant is a 5 minute walk south from the station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Mumon is conveniently located in the Winthrop Health and Wellness Pavilion. We are located behind Walgreens on the corner of Franklin Avenue and 14th Street. The large adjacent parking lot has ample room for our guests.
A word from Mumon
At Mumon, our mission every day is to serve our guests food that is unparalleled in freshness, quality, and flavor, with service that is friendly yet impeccable, and with unprecedented and unwavering hospitality that warms the heart of each and every guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mumon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Go on the nights they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2013Go on the nights they have specials only. Food a little overpriced. Other sushi places will give you complimentary fruit at the end of the meal. Nothing here...had to ask for water and spicy mayo. Slow service and restaurant was not crowded.
- serive as usual was excellent- ftomayVIPDined on 12/17/2012serive as usual was excellent- food not so much- had a much better experience the last time out- my wife agreed as well looks like this place might be hit or miss
- Excellent food, the SundayTomHVIPDined on 12/16/2012Excellent food, the Sunday specials are outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food in odd locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Went there as the Saturday night with my girlfriend and thought it was a great experience. We had an 8 pm dinner sometime it was a little empty but the service was very friendly and excellent portion size. Ordered the crunchy dragon roll it was huge. 8 pieces. Also had a delicious mango spring rolls appetizer. Big pieces of fish in the sushi. Only gripe I had was we were seated in busy area near the sushi bar but otherwise a really good meal.Special Features:
- My family, friends and I areOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2012My family, friends and I are weekly regulars at Mumom - both on weekdays and weekends. They NEVER disappoint!!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/2/2012Great place. A bit hard to find. It's in the back off of a main road. Turn down the street (forgot which one) and go all the way down to make another left. Don't go into first parking lot. No access to restaurant parking lot. Awesome food. Nice people. Music selection needs to be changed to some classic Japanese tunes. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- worth a triptomayVIPDined on 11/10/2012very eclectic menu- big selection- not traditional japanese- sushi mied review- hand roll salmon skin- great, eel sushi- very good yellow tail sushi - just fair lobster strir fried rice- excellent- drinks-excellent all in all good experience
- We had a very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012We had a very good experience. The appetizers were delicious. Cajun seared tuna and tuna nachos are a must have. If you like a martini that is sweet get the lychee saketini. Main course was good but not great. I would definitely go back for a cocktail and apps. Super cute decor!!!Special Features:
- 30 percent off sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2012great deal on a sunday...30percent off all sushi rolls...delishSpecial Features:
- Mumon - #1OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2012My wife and I and close friends have become "regulars" at Mumon and sometimes we dine there evenings twice per week. If we didn't think Mumon was exceptional, we would not be returning so often.Special Features:
- Excellent and fresh sushi...creativOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2012Excellent and fresh sushi...creative rolls. The appetizer sampler dish was outstanding. Great atmosphere and lively decor.Special Features:
- We have been going to MumonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012We have been going to Mumon for a long time. It was recommended to us and we have recommended it to many more people, all who hae become fsvorites of this great restaurant. The ambiance is great and the service wonderful. The sushi is fresh and the rolls abundant. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food is amazing!!! Doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2012Food is amazing!!! Doesn't matter if its the awesome sushi or a more specific chinese selection such as the fried tofu. I highly suggest everyone try this place. I go once a week since I found it. Driving you would almost miss it though as it is behind Lord and Taylor on Franklin Avenue.Special Features:
- Delicious surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012It was a surprise when u walk inside. From the outside i was telling my husband... Is this the famous restaurant? But then once u go inside... It has a nice atmosphere, people are corteous and the food and service are great!! Had a great pre-bday dinner!!Special Features:
- We Would Return and RecommendLetsDoBrunchVIPDined on 7/6/2012We were out of town looking at colleges for our daughter and wanted a casual but good sushi restaurant and Mumon definitely fit the bill. Our server was very attentive and the sushi rolls were imaginatively prepared. We all enjoyed our dinner. Pricing was very competitive given the fact that it is sushi and not regular Japanese or Chinese food. You need to expect to pay much more for that cuisine unless you are just snacking.Special Features:
- Fresh and varied sushiGourmantVIPDined on 7/3/2012A neighborhood gem. Atmosphere is upscale feeling. A city-like restaurant. The sushi is great. The tuna salad needs updating, lettuce and tuna is too ordinary. Everything else is great . Try something new every time I visit.Special Features:
- Love this place!GoldnblosmVIPDined on 7/3/2012Food was delicious as it always is. Good variety of rolls. Love that they have a kids menu. Our 6 year old loves it here. He loves sitting in the booths and loves the udon noodles and also the shrimp tempura. Fish always tastes fresh and we all love the complimentary noodles they serve! Great place to have a nice meal with or without children.Special Features:
- This was mine 5th time backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012This was mine 5th time back to Mumon! The watress was exceptional, and the food was great! A must try.Special Features:
- I wasn't able to eat thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012I wasn't able to eat there given that they took my reservation for 3 pm but forgot to tell me that've restaurant closed their kitchen at 230 so I am very disappointed given that I had to actually leave with my party of 7 and try to find another place to celebrate my sisters graduation .... Very disappointing that they forget to tell this to their customers or even take reservations
- The food was a mixed lot,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2012The food was a mixed lot, some was very good, some was just okay. Our waitress was amazingly attentive. I've had lunch there and that seems to be more consistently good.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012the service was good. the atmosphere was ok. needed a little music to keep the ambiance going.Special Features:
- Portions were large and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2012Portions were large and the food was great. You've got to try the Seafood Soup. Huge chunks of fish, scallops, shrimp. Delicious !Special Features:
- Food is very good...stop rushing meOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012I've been to Mumon several times and the food has always been very good and consistent. My only gripe is that they tend to rush you along and bring your food too quickly..even when there are only a few tables occupied.Special Features:
- We have been here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2012We have been here several times with friends and just my wife and I. They have a wonderful selection of sushi as well as various other non-seafood selections.Special Features:
- the food was DELISH, my wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012the food was DELISH, my wine was great! fun appetizers!! the atmosphere is realy nice. it is SUPER clean! def try it!!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and an amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012Outstanding food and an amazing waitress, anyone who goes will be breath taken by the great service and excelent food.Special Features:
- We love Mumon Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2012We love Mumon Restaurant! The sushi is fresh, the staff is welcoming, and the decor is very elegant and unique.Special Features:
- The food is always fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012The food is always fresh and delicious ..very friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Consistently fresh sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2012Consistently fresh sushi. Friendly and attentive service. Skimpy pour on the cocktails. For $12 they could do better.Special Features:
- The first time we went here,PennyRedstarDined on 2/25/2012The first time we went here, it was great. This time, it was just OK. The steak I ordered, wasn't what I thought it would be. The last time we went, they had this great strip steak, but I didn't see it on the menu this time. Also, the appetizers were just OK, gyoza and shumai. I do like this place overall though, so it was a disappointment this time around.
- I liked this place. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2012I liked this place. The service was outstanding, I wish I remembered the woman's name that was serving us. She was SO NICE and SWEET!! I liked the sushi too. A little pricey, but the atmosphere makes up for it. I would go back.
- Enjoyed Valentines Day atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Enjoyed Valentines Day at this restaurant. I judge Japanese restaurants on their spicy tuna, since I'm not a real sushi eater. I must say, it was nearly inedible. They definitely used canned tuna. You can tell by the color and texture of it. If I wanted chicken of the sea I would have stopped off at the grocery store before my $100 dinner. The other dishes were pretty good.Special Features:
- Good experience, good choicePopaRichDined on 2/14/2012Had wonderful Valentines day meal with my wifeFood was excellent, service was friendly & accommodating, didn't feel rushed, very nice decor'Special Features:
- Great find for sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/10/2012Incredibly fresh and flavorful food. Truly delicious sushi and appetizers. Cocktails could be more generous - they are very over priced.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/10/2012This is a wonderful place. The menu is broad and has something for everyone, seafood, beef, chicken, etc. My friends an I have gone several times and have never had any complaints. The servers are very polite and attentive and you are never rushed.Special Features:
- Always a great meal. I dontOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2012Always a great meal. I dont know why more people in garden City go to this place over Sushi YA!Special Features:
- Would reccommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Good food and good service. The special rolls are pricey and the bill could get large very quickly. The only thing I would change is the loud music they play through the speakers. It's not condusive to dinning.
- The service was HORRIBLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2012The service was HORRIBLE! I didn't see her more than to drop the food and collect the check. Seriously! She got my order wrong and she didn't do a thing to rectify it. Luckly I was in an easygoing mood and in a rush. The food took a VERY long time to arrive to our table. We had a reservation and I felt this wasn't worth the money spent. Shame on the waitress!Special Features:
- Don't Eat Here!CushDined on 1/6/2012OverPrice horrible sushi!! ordered six different rolls and included some of the favorites that was recommended by the waitress and they all tasted horrible. Had a Kani salad that tasted like imitation crab meat found in a package at the supermarket. However, the waitress was a sweet heart and took care of my wife and I when we asked for something.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Service was very friendly and accommodating!! The food was delicious with and excellent presentation. Great ambience. All around loved it. The waitress has told us that the sign on the moan road was fairly new, and thank goodness it was there because it would be tough to find otherwise. A little off the main road but definitely a great find.Special Features: