Mulligans on the Blue
100 Kaukahi Dr
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Mulligans on the Blue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mulligansontheblue.com/
- Phone: (808) 874-1131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm,
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm Breakfast; Lunch 11-3pm;
Happy Hour Daily 3-6pm and 10pm-midnight
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Danny LeBag
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering service is available for your important day.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is available for exclusive private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Julie 808-250-4467
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every night of the week.
Monday:60, 70 and 80's
Tuesday: Brenton Keith and his Bag O'Tricks-Free Magic Show
Wednesday: Willie K Show. 7-9pm. Dinner and Show $65 a person
Plated Four Course Meal and the Show. Seating Starts at 5:30
Thursday: Murray Thorne 6:30-8:30pm and Pub Quiz @ 10pm
Friday: Sebrina Barron 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday: Soul Kitchen 6:30-8:30pm
Sunday: Celtic Tigers, Bagpiper Alison Jackson and Irish Dancing Lessons 6:30pm-9:30pm
A word from Mulligans on the Blue
Mulligans on the Blue is located in Kihei and offers contemporary Island style and Irish comfort food.Continued
Live Entertainment Nightly
The Best Dinner Show on Maui with Willie K on Wednesday and Thursdays. Days can vary.
Live Entertainment Nightly
The Best Dinner Show on Maui with Willie K on Wednesday and Thursdays. Days can vary.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mulligans on the Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- The pub didn't check for our reservationgoodfoodDined on 11/20/2014There wasn't a table set with reserved sign. The waiter had to be prompted to refill wine and water. The food was good. It is a bar and should not try to represent differently. In the end, the waiter was clearing the table and knocked over the wine bottle,spilling water and wine on me. He apologized and gave us napkins and then disappeared. We cleaned up what we could. The waiter did no offer a glass of wine for what was spilled or anything else. If you go there expect a pub! The entertainment was good.Special Features:
- Disappointing service and ambiance (but good food)EastBayGuyDined on 11/13/2014We arrived at Mulligan's at 6:30, as happy hour was winding down. The vibe was sports bar, with loud TV's, casual attire, and baseball caps worn backwards. By 7:00, a dinner crowd had arrived, but Mulligan's remained casual dining. The TV's were turned down for the live music--a jazz quartet this night--but this remained a noisy restaurant. Had it not been raining, we'd clearly have preferred an outside table. We quickly noted that the folding resin chairs were really uncomfortable. Service was slow: our waiter felt the need to apologize four separate times. I asked for a second glass of wine before the entrees arrived; it arrived after I had finished eating. There was no attempt to refill my empty water glass; I finally asked for more water, and timed the response: 12 minutes. The food was tasty, however. I enjoyed my well prepared salmon, served with spinach and a fluffy potato cake; the rib-eye also got good reviews. The lobster bisque was disappointingly thin and bland. I ate my half of the four small pieces of bread in five bites; it was served with a single pat of butter that we apparently were expected to share. The Finnigan's pie was a rich and delicious desert, and was served with a knife to cut it--again, oddly we were apparently expected to share that knife. Mulligan's is somewhat less expensive than other Wailea restaurants, but offers a less rewarding (and sometimes annoying) experience. I see no reason that I'd want to return.
- Not very professionalGregDined on 11/12/2014We made reservations for dinner. When we arrived they said there was a dinner show going on, which would cost $30 more each but we could have just dinner anyway. They set up a plastic folding card table outside in a courtyard that smelled half like old spilt-beer and half like garbage. Needless to say, we didn't stay. Not going back.Special Features:
- Rough around the edgesMauibillyDined on 11/11/2014The food outpaced everything else, thank goodness. The environment was not okay. Rental white wedding chairs for seating (you know, the white ones)! Though the server tried his best, he was stretched too thin. Clearly over used and didn't feel clean. I imagine large groups having a wedding here despite the fct the gardens need lots of attention also. Not my style but maybe for someone who wants a "blue" golf course environment.
- Fun NightWoozeDined on 10/29/2014We always enjoy a good Irish bar and Mulligans didn't disappoint. We went to take in the Willie K performance. This Hawaiian entertainer is outstanding - he tells engaging stories between amazing guitar work and singing music from nearly any era requested. From Over the Rainbow to U2 to his own pieces it was excellent and even emotional as he had his daughter join him on stage then finally wrapped up with Danny Boy. Do not miss seeing Willie K at Mulligans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014We went to see Willie K play. He was alright but I thought he'd be more entertaining based on all the reviews. The place itself is the least Irish of an Irish pub I've seen other than their shepherds pies. Our food came out cold and needed to be sent back. Then the second round of pasta came out with no sauce. Burger was good.Special Features:
- Mulligans on the BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Once the bar opened, the noise level got much higher. I will consider this when making my next group plans. I was surprised that the waitress was not aware that our group was coming! We used the Open Table reservation system. Overall, we had a near perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Golf Course Hangout PlusTrLoveDined on 10/21/2014A silly magic show was in progress as we were seated. Guy had maybe 15 in his audience, 4 were kids. He did a fine job of entertaining all. Space is basic and somewhat run down, but Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingJohBudDined on 10/16/2014This was the 5th time we have been to the Willie K show, Food, Entertainment and service was outstanding! thanks, we will be back!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!mosiermadDined on 9/28/2014Made reservations for the evening for my husband & I to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The house band was playing, the Celtic Tigers & we both enjoyed the music. My husband had the swordfish, which was the fish special & it was cooked perfectly. I had the fish & chips & loved every bite. When & if we travel to Maui again we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IronladyDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent, I had the ribs,fall of the bone tender and my husband had the shepherds pie. He enjoyed a Guinness and said the combo of the pint and pie was great.We would definitely come back and stay longer.maybe try some of the appies.The combo of the live band and the good food makes it a hit. Service was terrific too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1Dined on 8/27/2014Fish of the day was excellent as was the lamb stew. However disappointed in the fish and chips, little fish, lots of chips. Willie K entertainment was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Mulligans on the Blue reviews archive.
- Willie KnctattyDined on 7/16/2014Willie K was terrific. the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewRenkrDined on 7/6/2014Spent an evening watching the sunset on the Pacific. Beautiful! Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Price was very reasonable. The band was great to listen to. We ended up going back a second night to watch the magicians show with the kids.Special Features:
- Comfort foodDrubisDined on 6/28/2014This was our third trip to Mulligans and won't be our last. Each of us had the Shepard's Pie which is real comfort food. We also enjoyed a fresh salad and again they were very good, and the place isn't pricey another great advantage. Yes we will be back on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the show...Uncle WillieGParsonsDined on 6/26/2014Food was decent...suffered a bit due to mass serving...show was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wee but of Irish in Paradise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Their Irish Lamb Stew was outstanding. If you have a option for that take it! Also check out their dinner shows with various local talent. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood pubMadisonfoodieDined on 5/26/2014Really good service and our food was great. A nice break from some of the more expensive establishments nearby. We'd come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhhRJ77Dined on 5/25/2014It was okay. The band was great, the food okay, the service wS okay. Our server was nice, but felt too rushed. Seemed annoyed with my questions and just in hurry to leave. Kept trying taker dishes and glasses away, when it was clearly not done. I won't go back again.Special Features:
- Great service!Happytravellers27Dined on 5/25/2014The food and service was excellent. Great place to watch sports and live bands. Nice outdoor seating as well. Would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musicgussie22Dined on 4/30/2014good location, friendly service, good food, priced right........trying to hear willie k was an issue with the bar noise! not the best set up. all in all, a quality cozy environment to listen to someone so immensely talented! wd do it again. mahalo. bill ruckerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My wife and I were visiting from Wisconsin and had the fish and chips and seafood trio for entrees and the potato tacos for an appetizer. The tacos were so good we got some to go. We tried both with and without corned beef and ended up having the ones with corned beef for breakfast the next morning, and they were delicious. Our entrees were superb as well. The fish and chips rivaled any fish fry I've had in Milwaukee and my wife couldn't say enough about the seafood trio. Definitely stop by!Special Features:
- great timegregDined on 4/8/2014great time with happy hour food good and magic and comedy great time outSpecial Features:
- We attended the Willie K performancHulaMammaDined on 3/26/2014We attended the Willie K performance which was absolutely unforgettable. What a talent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent show, horrible foodLtcasDined on 3/26/2014I was looking forward to the dinner/show with our group if 6. I knew we were in trouble when we sat down on folding chairs and plastic water glasses. It was a four course meal with three choices for the main entree (corn beef and cabbage, catch of the day or pork loin). We started with a cold summer cantaloupe soup that was average, then we have a flavorless, wilted Caesar salad that tasted like it came from your local cafeteria. The main entree was average, nothing to rave or rant about. Dessert was a tiny bite size truffle cake. All this mediocrity for approx. $100 a person (by the time you had beverages).If you are really interested in seeing one of the shows, I'd recommend eating somewhere else and paying the $30 for the show only.
- Great buffet and celebrationKateDined on 3/17/2014Great buffet and celebration for St. Paddy's! Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The deck is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014The deck has a nice view, quiet and very relaxing. Kid friendly. Even had live music inside you could dance to. Food was good.Special Features:
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Food was great. Reasonably priced. Band was good. Service could be improved. Should not have to ask for water refill. Also should not have to ask for check when dishes were already cleared from table and obvious we were done. Have recommended to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Seated on time, didn't see a server for 15 minutes. Took another 15 to get a drink. Unfortunately the waitress could only apologize so many times. It could be understood if it was busy, but it was possibly only half full. Won't be high on our list of places to return.Special Features:
- Not what we rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014Our group of right has been going to Mulligans for years every time we are in Maui, but this year was a disappointment. We have always liked the fish and chips but this year barely any fish inside the overly battered fish and way too many chips! Cross it off the must do list!
- We attended the special Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We attended the special Valentine's dinner. Fun band, good service, good food considering that it was a limited menu for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The special valentine menu was a terrific fish dish, presentation was excellent, with a Kula salad starter and finished with passion fruit dessert. the restaurant was packed, and the band Soul Train entertained with a variety of love songs. This is my first experience at this restaurant and it was a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014We came in for a nice reasonable dinner and discovered much more! Service and food were wonderful everyone was very friendly and they had the band Soul Kitchen. Fantastic!! We had a ball! And we are already planning to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great music, but.....coralfloDined on 1/29/2014sitting under a rainy tent after making reservations 2 weeks in advance was far from ideal. I know you can do nothing about rain, but crowding us in was difficult, and at first you seemed unconcerned about the fact that rain was hitting our backs. The food made up for it, and Willie K was amazing, as usual. This would be near perfect in good weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014We went to Mulligans for dinner one night to try it out. What a great place!!! We love it, great food, live music every night And the best prices for happy hour ( which is an hour longer than most places) and dinner too. Amanda made the trip she is a great server we ended up going back 4 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and EntertainmentJulzDined on 1/16/2014Mulligans on the Blue is a great place to be for the Entertainment, the Food AND the Service. We had two lunches and two dinners during our week in Wailea - all was great! Try the Lamb stew or the Fresh Catch. Generous portions, good value and excellent service. Lunch is as good as dinner - we had a Ruben Sandwich and the Emerald Salad with Fresh catch. Hearty portions and deliciously seasoned. The live musicians that perform here in the evening are FANTASTIC! We recommend seeing Willie K, Murray Thorne and the Celtic Tigers. These musicians are VERY TALENTED - why not enjoy great music while having dinner?Special Features:
- Sunday nights are the bestSharleeDined on 1/5/2014The Celtic Tigers on Sunday nights are No Ka Oi! I have to say, the food is just pub food, it is not fine dining and not great pub food at that. The desserts are good though. But if you have a large group and are energetic and willing to interact with the band and get up and dance, you will have a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Dinner at Mulligan'sSashaDined on 12/23/2013Had reservations on weeknight for 7:30pm, place was empty. Ate outside, lighting very poor, had one small battery tea candle on table, needed flashlight from phones to read menu. Menu was okay, not very elaborate but decent choices and prices were very reasonable. Dinner was birthday celebration, was allowed to bring cake w/$3 per person surcharge to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Willie K! And great food!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 12/4/2013Celebrated my dads 85th birthday! And everything was perfect! Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly staffMitzieBeth1Dined on 11/20/2013Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Mulligans. The shepherd's pie was delicious and stayed hot to the last bite. My husband said his fish and chips were the best he has had. The bar and wait staff were friendly, attentive, and made us feel welcome. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.