Mulligans on the Blue
100 Kaukahi Dr
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Mulligans on the Blue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mulligansontheblue.com/
- Phone: 8088741131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm,
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm Breakfast; Lunch 11-3pm;
Happy Hour Daily 3-6pm and 10pm-midnight
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Danny LeBag
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering service is available for your important day.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is available for exclusive private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Julie 808-250-4467
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every night of the week.
Monday:60, 70 and 80's
Tuesday: Brenton Keith and his Bag O'Tricks-Free Magic Show
Wednesday: Willie K Show. 7-9pm. Dinner and Show $65 a person
Plated Four Course Meal and the Show. Seating Starts at 5:30
Thursday: Murray Thorne 6:30-8:30pm and Pub Quiz @ 10pm
Friday: Sebrina Barron 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday: Soul Kitchen 6:30-8:30pm
Sunday: Celtic Tigers, Bagpiper Alison Jackson and Irish Dancing Lessons 6:30pm-9:30pm
A word from Mulligans on the Blue
Mulligans on the Blue is located in Kihei and offers contemporary Island style and Irish comfort food.Continued
Live Entertainment Nightly
The Best Dinner Show on Maui with Willie K on Wednesday and Thursdays. Days can vary.
Live Entertainment Nightly
The Best Dinner Show on Maui with Willie K on Wednesday and Thursdays. Days can vary.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mulligans on the Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- AccomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This was the 5th time we have been to the Willie K show, Food, Entertainment and service was outstanding! thanks, we will be back!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!mosiermadDined on 9/28/2014Made reservations for the evening for my husband & I to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The house band was playing, the Celtic Tigers & we both enjoyed the music. My husband had the swordfish, which was the fish special & it was cooked perfectly. I had the fish & chips & loved every bite. When & if we travel to Maui again we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IronladyDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent, I had the ribs,fall of the bone tender and my husband had the shepherds pie. He enjoyed a Guinness and said the combo of the pint and pie was great.We would definitely come back and stay longer.maybe try some of the appies.The combo of the live band and the good food makes it a hit. Service was terrific too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1Dined on 8/27/2014Fish of the day was excellent as was the lamb stew. However disappointed in the fish and chips, little fish, lots of chips. Willie K entertainment was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie KnctattyDined on 7/16/2014Willie K was terrific. the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewRenkrDined on 7/6/2014Spent an evening watching the sunset on the Pacific. Beautiful! Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Price was very reasonable. The band was great to listen to. We ended up going back a second night to watch the magicians show with the kids.Special Features:
- Comfort foodDrubisDined on 6/28/2014This was our third trip to Mulligans and won't be our last. Each of us had the Shepard's Pie which is real comfort food. We also enjoyed a fresh salad and again they were very good, and the place isn't pricey another great advantage. Yes we will be back on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the show...Uncle WillieGParsonsDined on 6/26/2014Food was decent...suffered a bit due to mass serving...show was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Mulligans on the Blue reviews archive.
- A Wee but of Irish in Paradise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Their Irish Lamb Stew was outstanding. If you have a option for that take it! Also check out their dinner shows with various local talent. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood pubMadisonfoodieDined on 5/26/2014Really good service and our food was great. A nice break from some of the more expensive establishments nearby. We'd come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhhRJ77Dined on 5/25/2014It was okay. The band was great, the food okay, the service wS okay. Our server was nice, but felt too rushed. Seemed annoyed with my questions and just in hurry to leave. Kept trying taker dishes and glasses away, when it was clearly not done. I won't go back again.Special Features:
- Great service!Happytravellers27Dined on 5/25/2014The food and service was excellent. Great place to watch sports and live bands. Nice outdoor seating as well. Would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musicgussie22Dined on 4/30/2014good location, friendly service, good food, priced right........trying to hear willie k was an issue with the bar noise! not the best set up. all in all, a quality cozy environment to listen to someone so immensely talented! wd do it again. mahalo. bill ruckerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My wife and I were visiting from Wisconsin and had the fish and chips and seafood trio for entrees and the potato tacos for an appetizer. The tacos were so good we got some to go. We tried both with and without corned beef and ended up having the ones with corned beef for breakfast the next morning, and they were delicious. Our entrees were superb as well. The fish and chips rivaled any fish fry I've had in Milwaukee and my wife couldn't say enough about the seafood trio. Definitely stop by!Special Features:
- great timegregDined on 4/8/2014great time with happy hour food good and magic and comedy great time outSpecial Features:
- We attended the Willie K performancHulaMammaDined on 3/26/2014We attended the Willie K performance which was absolutely unforgettable. What a talent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent show, horrible foodLtcasDined on 3/26/2014I was looking forward to the dinner/show with our group if 6. I knew we were in trouble when we sat down on folding chairs and plastic water glasses. It was a four course meal with three choices for the main entree (corn beef and cabbage, catch of the day or pork loin). We started with a cold summer cantaloupe soup that was average, then we have a flavorless, wilted Caesar salad that tasted like it came from your local cafeteria. The main entree was average, nothing to rave or rant about. Dessert was a tiny bite size truffle cake. All this mediocrity for approx. $100 a person (by the time you had beverages).If you are really interested in seeing one of the shows, I'd recommend eating somewhere else and paying the $30 for the show only.
- Great buffet and celebrationKateDined on 3/17/2014Great buffet and celebration for St. Paddy's! Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The deck is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014The deck has a nice view, quiet and very relaxing. Kid friendly. Even had live music inside you could dance to. Food was good.Special Features:
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Food was great. Reasonably priced. Band was good. Service could be improved. Should not have to ask for water refill. Also should not have to ask for check when dishes were already cleared from table and obvious we were done. Have recommended to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Seated on time, didn't see a server for 15 minutes. Took another 15 to get a drink. Unfortunately the waitress could only apologize so many times. It could be understood if it was busy, but it was possibly only half full. Won't be high on our list of places to return.Special Features:
- Not what we rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014Our group of right has been going to Mulligans for years every time we are in Maui, but this year was a disappointment. We have always liked the fish and chips but this year barely any fish inside the overly battered fish and way too many chips! Cross it off the must do list!
- We attended the special Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We attended the special Valentine's dinner. Fun band, good service, good food considering that it was a limited menu for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The special valentine menu was a terrific fish dish, presentation was excellent, with a Kula salad starter and finished with passion fruit dessert. the restaurant was packed, and the band Soul Train entertained with a variety of love songs. This is my first experience at this restaurant and it was a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014We came in for a nice reasonable dinner and discovered much more! Service and food were wonderful everyone was very friendly and they had the band Soul Kitchen. Fantastic!! We had a ball! And we are already planning to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great music, but.....coralfloDined on 1/29/2014sitting under a rainy tent after making reservations 2 weeks in advance was far from ideal. I know you can do nothing about rain, but crowding us in was difficult, and at first you seemed unconcerned about the fact that rain was hitting our backs. The food made up for it, and Willie K was amazing, as usual. This would be near perfect in good weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014We went to Mulligans for dinner one night to try it out. What a great place!!! We love it, great food, live music every night And the best prices for happy hour ( which is an hour longer than most places) and dinner too. Amanda made the trip she is a great server we ended up going back 4 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and EntertainmentJulzDined on 1/16/2014Mulligans on the Blue is a great place to be for the Entertainment, the Food AND the Service. We had two lunches and two dinners during our week in Wailea - all was great! Try the Lamb stew or the Fresh Catch. Generous portions, good value and excellent service. Lunch is as good as dinner - we had a Ruben Sandwich and the Emerald Salad with Fresh catch. Hearty portions and deliciously seasoned. The live musicians that perform here in the evening are FANTASTIC! We recommend seeing Willie K, Murray Thorne and the Celtic Tigers. These musicians are VERY TALENTED - why not enjoy great music while having dinner?Special Features:
- Sunday nights are the bestSharleeDined on 1/5/2014The Celtic Tigers on Sunday nights are No Ka Oi! I have to say, the food is just pub food, it is not fine dining and not great pub food at that. The desserts are good though. But if you have a large group and are energetic and willing to interact with the band and get up and dance, you will have a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Dinner at Mulligan'sSashaDined on 12/23/2013Had reservations on weeknight for 7:30pm, place was empty. Ate outside, lighting very poor, had one small battery tea candle on table, needed flashlight from phones to read menu. Menu was okay, not very elaborate but decent choices and prices were very reasonable. Dinner was birthday celebration, was allowed to bring cake w/$3 per person surcharge to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Willie K! And great food!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 12/4/2013Celebrated my dads 85th birthday! And everything was perfect! Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly staffMitzieBeth1Dined on 11/20/2013Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Mulligans. The shepherd's pie was delicious and stayed hot to the last bite. My husband said his fish and chips were the best he has had. The bar and wait staff were friendly, attentive, and made us feel welcome. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie K eveningCostaRicantravelerDined on 10/23/2013Mulligan's is a competent Irish pub/ restaurant and this review is of their special entertainment evenings with a Hawaiian icon, Willie K. Willie is perhaps the most entertaining performer I've seen anywhere. His wildly eclectic array of songs range from his take on traditional Hawaiian, incredible blues riffs to classical and broadway are transporting. Mulligan's has assigned, well organised seating and very prompt drink and food service. The Mahi was tender and perfectly done and the Irish stew is authentic and well suited to the pub environment. Good show for the service and food as well as the performer. Probably the best evening possible in the Kihei / Wailea area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeing Willie KDatewiththewifeDined on 10/23/2013We used Open Table to book a reservation at Mulligan's on the Blue in Wailea for dinner. We purposely booked Wednesday knowing in address that Willie K was performing that night. We arrived early and wondered where we would be seated as tables were set up outside the double doors. We were seated close to the stage. The food was good with gazpacho soup and nice salad with walnuts. We both ordered the mahi mahi over polenta with yellow squash and zucchini. Dessert was a chocolate ball with red velvet cake inside. Music was Joel Katz during dinner and the featured performer Willie K was show stopping. Willie was engaging and friendly and has a tremendous talent in ukulele and guitar. His voice was strong and Hawaiian songs were great.Special Features:
- Willie K is always great!cmmpDined on 10/23/2013Mulligans food and service far surpassed our expectations because when people come for a show they often don't expect a good dining experience, too, and we got it! Both were memorable. Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celtic Tigers fun fareKailuaDined on 9/29/2013The Celtic Tigers wIth their upbeat music are great fun while enjoying yummy food. I schedule my island visits around the nights they play. The wait staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EntertainmentljhooliganDined on 9/18/2013We brought 2 groups of people in the past two weeks for dinner and Willie K's show. What fabulous evenings we had! The food was great, the server lovely and Willie K was STUPENDOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine and danceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2013We drove from the west side of the island for dinner and dancing and were pleasantly surprised at the open air casual feel, good food and service, and great jazz band entertainment with dance floor provided. We plan to return and have told others about out good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but show charges highOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2013We made a reservation through open table for a Thursday because reviewers said live music was great. We were not told on open table or at check in the fees for the show which included $130.00 for adults and $30.00 per child. While the show was good, we were seated in a corner and had just come for the food and a bit of music. The manager was kind enough to remove this cost from our bill as we left soon after the show began ... Just be aware in case you make reservations for dinner if there is a show charge.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013Great food, awesome customer service! Owner was bussing tables and helping customers. You could tell he was passionate about his business and wanted the best for everyone. We had the fish and chips for dinner, absolutely amazing!! Great beer selection as well! We are definitely coming back when we come to maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.