99 Court St.
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mulinosny.com/
- Phone: (914) 761-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Gervasi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Available upon request
- Private Party Facilities: You can rent out entire restaurant during Saturday lunch and all day Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Gerry Kratch or Jimmy Cavagne 9147611818
- Entertainment: Live piano Friday and Saturday nights only.
A word from Mulino's
"The Who's Who of Westchester gravitates to the high powered White Plains Northern Italian for excellent fare that pleases even the skeptics and service so attentive you feel like you're the only one there. The enchanting room and romantic setting are hard to beat." -Zagat Survey '03-'04Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mulino's - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Mulino's reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (27)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Consistency through the yearsPhoodophileDined on 11/21/2014A great meal as always, one of the best Italian restaurants. Though it feels a bit dated, the food is good enough that you don't care. shrimp cocktail is more like lobster tails and the pastas are great. I forgot why I don't go here more often.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably ExcellentCannyDined on 11/10/2014I have been to this restaurant many times over the last 10 years and have always left having enjoyed everything about the experience. The food is creative, well prepared and nicely presented. The service is top notch yet the prices are not out of this world. Frequented by the who's who it is a not to miss restaurant and well worth the drive to White Plains. At Christmas the restaurant is decorated to be the best Christmas experience you will ever have and if you have kids they will be fascinated with all the presentations. If you are thinking about a Christmas reservation then make it now or you will be too late as many nights are already fully booked. Jimmy runs the restaurant like a well oiled machine. Kudos to all.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I are frequent Mulinos customers are always rated it as one of our favorite places. Unfortunately our last visit changed our minds. After being seated way past our reservation time we were seated at a table for 2 where we were basically forgotten. Terrible service throughout the whole meal with mediocre food. I will definitely not be returning. So sorry that the lost loyal customers.Special Features:
- Old World CharmBocafoodloversVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were thrilled to discover this beautiful restaurant, not far from the Westchester Airport. Our lunch and wine were wonderful, Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- food and service not up to parDianaVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night. Restaurant was crowded and the tables were too close together. You felt like you were in a cafeteria rather than an expensive restaurant. The Ceasar salad was very spiced with garlic; the chilean sea bass was very fatty and had way too much sauce on it. overall, the experience was not worth it.
- Fantastic place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Food is outstanding and the service and ambiance was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papajoepapajoeDined on 10/27/2014very relaxed atmosphere, good food,good service, Jimmy was a very friendly maitre d.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and filling!BubalebabsDined on 10/25/2014What a fabulous dibs. Delicious food great service. Dessert yum ! Class act place. Not for kids. Not Cheap But well Worth the money. Great date place and quite romantic. Enjoy. We took Friends and treated them for their Birthday. They could not stop talking about what a wonderful restaurant and experience. The shrimp cocktail is a Conversational piece !!! Try it you won't be disappointed. Worth a trip From Long Island where we are From.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Wee love the restaurant so much that we come all the way from forest hills and we meet friends there, but Carmine is the best waiter we ever met and we love for him to serve us every time we come. The food is superb and the service is really exceptional . Thank you and see you soon Mr. & Mrs Murry KalinskySpecial Features:
- JoeyjoeyDined on 10/25/2014Been to this restaurant many times. Food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianstoonDined on 10/24/2014Food and service superb. This was my third time back and would recommend to my friends. Great food and noise level. Not rushed and VERY relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Old World CharmEatoutrviewsVIPDined on 10/20/2014When you step into Mulino's, you feel like you are transported into another era. It has that old world charm, and quiet ambiance that is good for special occasions, or just meeting with a group for dinner. They start you with complimentary cheese and prosciutto and bruschetta and ask if want a drink. The waiter then announces their specials. You are not rushed. Its not a very "tomato sauce" type Italian restaurant. Main courses are more in brown sauces, garlic/oil/tomato toppings etc. Our favorite is the veal milanese with the arugala salad on top. Veal pounded thin. Comes with scalloped potatoes. A little pricey, but worth it for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gooddroseVIPDined on 10/18/2014Mulino's consistently delivers. The staff is gracious and the food always pleases. The caesar salad is outstanding, the parmesan and bruschetta openers are delicious,and the servers are attentive. We went for our anniversary dinner. It was a relaxed and warm experience. We were not rushed and the selection was great. The dining crowd was mixed between larger parties and pairs. Although the noise level was relatively high, it was not annoying our difficult to converse.Special Features:
- enjoyable all the wayjudeDined on 10/18/2014Most wonderful part was what they bring you before you order - really good cheese and salami and green beans - crusty bread. Spedino and the sauc e a tasty appetizer.....beautiful desserts - good veal and beef and fish. What's not to like?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014One of the finest restaurants we have gone to in a long time. Food, service was excellent.Special Features:
- Mulino's best of WestchesterFabric8rDined on 10/11/2014I have now lived in Westchester County for almost 4 years. Mulino's has been on list of restaurants that I wanted to try; it finally happened this past Saturday night. It is now my favorite restaurant in all of Westchester. Valet parking aliviates any hastle, the piano / bar area is relaxing and a "must do" before dining ( and I would now go to Mulino's just for cocktails as well!!!), the table was waiting for us, the waiter we found out has been at Mulino's for over 20 years, and therefore know what to recommend (his service was so relaxed that I felt we had our own waiting for just our table), and to sum up the service was flawless. The water glasses were filled constantly, the table was cleared immediatley after we finished a courseSpecial Features:
- Amazing hidden gem!FoodieatheartDined on 10/10/2014Everything about this restaraunt was wonderful, valet parking, service, food & drinks. Most helpful staff and willing to prepare any dish even if it's not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014Had dinner here this week after not eating here for a while. We had a table in the back right in front of the outdoor fountain (which I hadn't realized was there), so it was really lovely. My French martini was one of the best I've had. They give you so much food in the beginning (bread with hunks of parmesan and meats, plus a nice green bean salad) that we didn't need appetizers, but there were a lot of interesting things on the starter menu. My fish special was delicately prepared and my husband really enjoyed his chicken parm (not on the menu, but, of course, they will make it). Service was great, as usual. The Italian ricotta cheesecake was traditional and very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother....ArthurAveExcellenceDined on 10/9/2014I'm sorry to say but Mulino's has now hit rock bottom. I've been dining at this restaurant maybe two or three times per year, with an occasional event like a birthday or special celebration. Over the years the food has gotten worse and seemingly paying more $$$ for it. We had a terrible meal the other night, filet was dry without taste, lobster tails were even worse, and the fish filet was not edible. Sorry for the bad news.Special Features:
- Loved it!Finerestaurant4meDined on 9/24/2014Always heard very good things about this restaurant and always wanted to go. Service was wonderful and the food was delicious. The specials nd menu choices were numerous and had trouble choosing. It was fine dining at its best! Definitely recommend and hope to go again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectKarenmVIPDined on 9/4/2014Mulinos is quiet, the food is amazing and the service is impeccable. What else could you ask for?Special Features:
- zumbaloveVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, impeccable service, and one of our most memorable dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkleinoDined on 8/20/2014Great food, service and waiter. All I heard previously was met in spades. Found a new place for that special meal.Special Features:
- Mulino's Restaurantfoodlover123Dined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is located in the center of White Plains and have a nice setting with an outdoor Coi tank. The atmosphere was relaxed and quite; a good setting for a business meeting. Their tomato salad special for the summer was magnificent as well as was a beet salad. Other food items did not reach high standard. Their skirt steak panini bread was burned. Gnochi Mulino, had a great sauce, but the Gnochi was undercooked. Despite these disappointments, we didn't feel rushed and had time to have a relaxed business meeting.
- The following 427 reviews are from the Mulino's reviews archive.
- Great staffProfjSDined on 7/28/2014Staff made our occasion really feel special. Food was great, and so was the service.Special Features:
- Excellente!ScottStamfordVIPDined on 7/21/2014I love this place. The wait staff and service was great. The menu is divers and the food was excellent. They had many specials and they made something for me that was not on the menu. Great ambience and very romantic though I saw a number of birthday parties and business meetings. It is good for all. They also have Valet parking or there is a small municipal lot across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentksherms92Dined on 7/14/2014Went here for my second anniversary and I have not a bad thing to say about this place simply outstandingSpecial Features:
- Mulino'samlzDined on 7/12/2014Salad was very good. My friend had a veal dish that she liked a lot. I had a pasta dish that was supposed to have ricotta and asparagus. If there were three small pieces of asparagus, that was a lot!! For those prices I expected a much more generous serving of asparagus. The dish was fair at best - very disappointing. This restaurant is way too expensive to visit very often.Special Features:
- Delicious!ZJ1600Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was wonderful! The waiters were wonderful and came by the table constantly to refill our glasses, take plates away, play with our son, and ask if we needed anything. They even gave my son fish food to feed to fish in the pond out back. When we left they gave him cookies. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Classyktg619Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first time at Mulino's and I have to say it is a definite return. I was so truly amazed by the whole experience. The service was outstanding (the waiters and busboys didn't hover but were attentive), the food was extremely tasty and portions were perfect. Price was on the money. Like I stated I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mulino's White PlainsMineAllMineDined on 6/6/2014Complete disappointment. Dined there for the first time in a few tears. Not the Mulino's of past. Food sub-par and restaurant half full on a Friday night. Wine tasted watered down. Could have been the brand, but one would expect a decent house white at a restaurant of this level. Will not be back. A shame because it was a great place to go. Service outstanding but could be attributed to the fact that they were way over staffed for the amount of people in the place.
- One of White Plains better betsfoddieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Dinner was good, but service was okay. Steak did not come as ordered, but was yummy none the less. Just wish waiter paid attention to detailsSpecial Features:
- Great relaxing eveningcaroleDined on 5/23/2014Everything was as expected. Service was wonderful as was the food. All together a relaxing evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special placepopsDined on 5/20/2014Our Tuesday dinner was almost perfect. I especially liked their flexibility in serving full orders on a half plate, in tailoring an entree to exactly how we like to have it. Veal dish was superb, bar drinks made with all the call brands, table service right on time and adept. Have been there 5 times, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time hereArleneDined on 5/17/2014The food was delicious and service was exceptional. We will definitely be back. The best cannoli I ever ate!!!Special Features:
- very nice, but...AnastasiaVIPDined on 5/11/2014I enjoyed Mulinos very much...food is always beautifully done with a nice sophisticated atmosphere, good for a special occasion. That being said...the thing that annoyed me most is the bathroom attendant! First of all it's not the 1950s anymore, second of all the bathroom is soooo small that you practically trip over her going and coming! I could understand if she had products we might want to use, such as hair spray or hand cream, etc but honestly...leave me alone and let me get my own paper towel. I just HATE being nickle and dimed... The HUGE glass tip jar looming there makes me feel like I'm being charged to use the ladies room and it rubs me the wrong way! Not returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Mulino's never dissappoints as a place for a special occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but GoodieKaren66VIPDined on 5/9/2014Mulino's never disappoints--good food and service. What more can you want?Special Features:
- Date night with out daughter!RospyderDined on 5/2/2014We had a fabulous night with our 4 year old daughter. Service was amazing. They even gave her a bag of italian cookies to take home at the end of the meal! Our food was AWESOME! Overall top notch restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef should work at a DinercpthookDined on 5/2/2014But then that would give short order cooks a bad name. Way beyond it's days as an Italian favorite. Would not go back