Muldoon's Irish Pub
202 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Muldoon's Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.muldoonspub.com/
- Phone: 9496404110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Sindi Rae
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: All four rooms are available for private events. Most parties are booked in the Celtic bar which can accommodate up to 100 guests. Past events include: weddings, rehearsal dinners, wakes, job promotions, retirement parties, and political fundraisers. We can tailor the event to your needs so please call for information.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Murphy 9496404110
- Entertainment: Entertainment at Muldoon's is from 9:00pm - 1:00am Fri.-Sat, 6:00pm - 9:00pm Sunday (summer hours), 5:00pm -8:00pm (winter hours.) Our bands include Kelly Fitzgerald (rock), No Pals (Latin jazz), 34 Below (Alternative/Rock), The Sarcastics (classic rock/country), Scott Sechman with Danny Ott (classic rock/ folk/ country), The Echo Trio (swing/reggae/easy listening), Patti Booker (country), and The Fenians (Irish rock.)
A word from Muldoon's Irish Pub
Celebrating nearly 40 years, Muldoon’s is the real thing. A warm generous & friendly pub with fine pub food. Situated on the corner of Southern California’s #1 shopping - financial district Fashion Island - Newport Center, Muldoon’s is known for her two pubs, outdoor courtyard and cozy Dublin dining room filled with booths and a warm fireplace. Locals call Her their “neighborhood gem” in a neighborhood filled with excellent restaurants. But, there is only one Muldoon’s. Great for lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch and private events. Muldoon’s has a lively happy hour, live music - dancing on weekends. Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day is the best! Fit for foodies and those in the know of the greatest ales, lagers beers, mean cocktails and notable wine. Muldoon’s is the home of Sindi Rae’s Dark Chocolate Pudding when she’s in the kitchen! Her Awards: Best Pub in Southern California & the OC, Best Food, Best Burgers, Best Guinness, Best Irish Coffee & Best Staff!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Muldoon's Irish Pub - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Muldoon's Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (13)special occasion (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Food has badly slippedConfusedVIPDined on 9/18/2014Used to be a favorite and frequent spot but food has been slipping Hardly occupied on a Thursday when it used to jammed so we are not only ones who feel this way. Now just a drinking spot for the nearby office buildings . To bad we once loved it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/2014Always reliable. Very good food at a fair price. Good value.Special Features:
- Great Food & MusicTravelerVIPDined on 9/12/2014A surprisingly eclectic menu for an Irish pub! One of their specialties is potato pancakes (latkes) and another is the only-available-sometimes dark chocolate pudding. which is a very rich, dark mousse topped with whipped cream, served in a pretty china teacup. We had Atlantic salmon, perfectly cooked, with traditional veg & mashed potatoes. Next time, I will try one of the Irish stews. The singer and the band playing were great - and I'll definitely come back for more music here!Special Features:
- Irish Mint JulepAngelaDined on 7/8/2014Went there for the first time for my birthday and it was exactly what I wanted it to be. It was quiet, we had our choice of seating and the service was fast. We had an Irish Mint Julep and a Hoppy Poppy. For dinner we had the Fish and Chips and Shepard's Pie. All were wonderful. Definitely a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Muldoons has always been a good restaurant and didnt disappoint. Tasty, affordable - overall great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubSouthernBellaDined on 6/15/2014A great Irish Pub in the heart of Newport Beach. Great, authentic, Irish fare. Terrific service, food, and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We weren't asked this time and there were lots of tables outside. Inside is okay, but outside is nicer. It was Father's Day so there was a special $25 three course menu. There were lots of choices and some of our party had eggs Galway with salmon (excellent) and Irish breakfast with bangers (good). Our special guest (the father) ordered the corned beef sandwich and it was a small sandwich with a bowl of cole slaw on a huge plate. There was no garnish or potatoes or anything to make the plate look appetizing. (The three other plates were very nice) In reality, the sandwich was probably big enough, but the huge empty plate did not complement it well. Because it was a special meal of celebration, it was disappointing.Special Features:
- Terrific!ValueMindedVIPDined on 6/14/2014Superior service. Excellent waiter. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent food, as always.muldoonerDined on 6/6/2014Been going there since 1976 for nights out or special occasions. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 244 reviews are from the Muldoon's Irish Pub reviews archive.
- Neat FindAnonymousDined on 5/11/2014Were very pleasantly surprised . The food was good, as was the service - a tad busy, i.e., Mother's Day, but no problem. Will return.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDuke42Dined on 5/11/2014We have been going to Muldoon's for over 30 years and it is still our favorite restaurant but the Mother's Day Sunday Brunch was a real disappointment. Our server, Madison, was excellent but the advertised 3-course brunch was not up to their usual standards. The first course was a TINY little bowl of grapes, apple, and cantaloupe cut in very small pieces. The selection of entrees was nice and mostly from their regular menu with a few breakfast type items added. The third course was a TINY chocolate sundae that had about a teaspoon of chocolate sauce at the bottom of the dish. Champagne was $14 a glass (we thought it was going to be included in the $25/per person price) and other drinks were overpriced. Probably, would not do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealFritzDined on 5/10/2014We had a Saturday night meal for the two of us. Service: excellent --- Food excellent: excellent --- Great choice.Special Features:
- Consistantly GreatMegRDined on 4/20/2014We have been to Muldoon's several times, and it's always been a good experience. This last time we went there for Easter Brunch. It was fabulous. I've lived in London, and Muldoon's has that real "pub" atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJackieleeDined on 4/12/2014First of all , I have to say that our waiter (and I cannot remember his name, sorry) was one of the best that I've ever had. Great recommendations on what to drink and eat and each recommendation was spot on. Food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Long time favoriteValentinesDelightVIPDined on 3/27/2014Muldoons is a great place to catch some dinner. Its not overly fancy and its fairly priced. The food is consistently good hearty fair. The ingredients are fresh and good so you should not be disappointed. The food is not exotic and the menu won't excite you if you are looking for something different but it will satisfy you. I would like to give is a 3.5 rating but 4 is more appropriate than a 3. I enjoy the burgers, pot pie, fish and chips and corn beef.Special Features:
- Fabulous Pub!JodyDined on 3/27/2014Been going to Muldoon's for years. The beer is cold. It's a little pricey, but the food is delicious. Try the stew! We take our kids for lunch or dinner most of the time. Later in the evening , they have live music and dancing. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local IrishJudyDined on 3/27/2014Always a favorite! Warm, cozy, comfortable, quiet atmosphere. Great service...we even got a hug from our server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love of IrishBS28Dined on 3/23/2014if you love the Irish feeling, great music, Shepherd's Pie and good libations......this is the place. Loads of charm and warm feelings of old Ireland. Get the pot of hot tea plus a beer or champagne...........eat the irish foods and get lost in a bygone era. Love this place every year for birthdays, Mother's Day and father's day.......and i drive 1.5 hrs to get there!Special Features:
- Always Great Fun and Food.ValueMindedVIPDined on 3/16/2014Love the vibe at Muldoon's. The place is packed on St. Patrick's day and most other days. The food is decent and the atmosphere is fun. Bands play on weekends so, plan your dining time around the band times.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLBMTDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant was great! Our waiter was very attentive and the food was really great. The atmosphere was vibrant and fun and my kids really had fun. Great for all ages!Special Features:
- Best Burgers in NewportsteverVIPDined on 3/8/2014Their Burgers are terrific, and you best be hungry. Fish and Chips are outstanding, too...Special Features:
- Great ambience, food & wineTravelcubDined on 2/18/2014Celebrated my son's birthday & we were delighted with our meals & service. We were in Ireland in Sept., & this had the same ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music and Atmosphere!KristyDined on 2/16/2014We go to Muldoons regularly to see their awesome lineup of wonderful Celtic musicians! The food is great, the beer and cider are wonderful, and the atmosphere is very authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably pricedfredmDined on 2/14/2014Great fish and chips, great Irish stew, great pot roast, great burgers . . . many meals under $20 . . . often great bands. A great bar. Hard to beat.Special Features:
- Gluten FreeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014They have a great Gluten Free menu and we got the waitress who wrote the menu. It was super fun and delicious!Special Features:
- Fav placeDine90740VIPDined on 2/14/2014Have been going here for many years. Love to sit in the patio for lunch. Had the seared ahi burger with their homemade chips. Excellent! Service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & Great Servicekjm77Dined on 2/12/2014The atmosphere is very appealing from the moment you hit the quaint courtyard. The menu offers a good variety and is reasonable in price for the area. The food itself did not disappoint; fish & chips was very good, the turkey club was excellent and the stuffed baked potato was outstanding (and the size if a small football!). Scott, our server, was friendly, attentive and helpful as it was our first time to the restaurant. Highly Recommend!!Special Features:
- Sunday afternoon treatlocalpastorDined on 2/9/20142nd time to enjoy sunday afternoon music on Muldoon's enclosed porch. we love the Ne'er Duwels - Ken O'Malley's Irish band. Good food, good company, easy parking, great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!JodiVIPDined on 2/8/2014We love Muldoons! Great food and beer and has the feel of an English Pub. They are always nice to accommodate us into one of their cozy booths! We will be back many times to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish pub type restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014Great Irish pub type restaurant, one the best I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish Stew, ShepherdsChuckVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great Irish Stew, Shepherds Pie, Pot Roast and Corn Beef and Cabbage. Hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right out of IrelandRobertBP6Dined on 2/1/2014Starting with the soda bread the meal was a total win. The feeling of being in a pub in the old country surrounds you. We had never been there before but will go back for the ambiance and overall feeling that a customer is family. 20 stars if they were available to rate with.Special Features:
- Awesome time, awesome findchienVIPDined on 1/26/2014Newport Restaurant Week? Yes please! Made a reservation at Muldoon's Irish Pub cause they were participating, and heck yeah! Great food, great service, great price. A 3 course dinner for $20... I had a chicken, rice and vegetable soup, Corned Beef and Cabbage for my entre and a toffee sundae for dessert. Our service was fantastic. Food was divine. I'd totally come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week WinnerPCHcruiserDined on 1/25/2014100% all the way. No "special" item for restaurant week. All entrees from the regular menu. At our table we had all 3 entrees that were offered for the week. All entrée servings were large and delicious. A great large salad. What they called a mini-dessert, was quite ample after the generous servings. A restaurant that understands the purpose of restaurant week. Outside seating with heat was a great bonus to a nice evening. We all decided that we will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Irish cuisine!MacDougallsDined on 1/25/2014My husband, 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son had dinner here prior to going to see Frozen at Big Newport Theatre situated behind Muldoons. The service was efficient and the food was great. I enjoyed the slit pea soup, corned beef with cabbage and everything was delicious. They have a full bar and good wine list. They also have a nice children's menu and seated us in a booth which made the experience even better. Great restaurant especially if you need to catch a show right afterwards!Special Features:
- Great Food Good timesEaterVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great to have a meal before a movie. Excellent for a dinner out.
- Cozy & IntimateredhairmacDined on 12/24/2013I love everything about Muldoon's and have enjoyed almost everything I've ever ordered but the Seafood Louie Salad fell short of my expectations. Instead of smaller bay shrimp which can be mixed in with the greens & other ingredients, there were 6 large prawns placed along the rim of the bowl, separate from the greens. The dressing was too horseradishy and thick to be a true dressing -- it served only as a dipping sauce for the prawns. The 'other ingredients' consisted mainly of iceberg lettuce, a few tomato quarters, and some olives...not even close to $18 fare. Conversely, my hubby's 6 prawns in his Shrimp & Chips plate were perfectly lightly tempura-battered...very delicious. Next time I'll stick to one of their yummy burgers.Special Features:
- Fun and cozyChristinedm807VIPDined on 12/18/2013Cozy little place, really reminiscent of the real pubs in Dublin. Great for a romantic holiday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish PubKath8leenDined on 12/17/2013I like it because it is an Irish Pub. They have great Irish coffee and good food. Our waiter was delightful and the ambience cheerful and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleased with MY mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Restaurant was full and we were happy we made a reservation. However, we were given a booth that we really had to SQUEEZE into. One member of our party just couldn't get into the booth but there were no tables available. She finally sucked in her gut and squeeeezed into the seat where she ate her meal in great discomfort. I suggest if you are large - insist upon a TABLE. The batter surrounding my fried fish & shrimp was hard and OVERCOOKED. The worse I have ever had. The skinny fries were very poor, I could only eat about 1/3 of them as they were hard. However, my friend ordered a turkey sandwich with sweet potato fries and was EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH THAT. I asked 3 times for water refill but never received one.