Mulberry Street of Seaford
3930 Sunrise Hwy.
Seaford, NY 11783Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mulberry Street of Seaford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mulberrystreetseaford.com/
- Phone: 5167951929x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available
A word from Mulberry Street of Seaford
Casual authentic Italian fare featuring homemade salads, pastas & veal dishes. Carrying the Babylon reputation over to Seaford!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mulberry Street of Seaford reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ALWYAS GREAT FOODSicilianChefVIPDined on 9/24/2014Mulberry Street is right in our town. We LOVE going there because the food is ALWAYS consistently good. Service is GREAT! Shout-out to our server Shannon!!!Special Features:
- Great food!!FantabulousDined on 9/10/2014Took my 2 picky grandsons (21 & 18) here and they were totally satisfied with the food and especially loved the bread. Lol. I especially loved the homemade hummus topped with tomatoes & onions... Entrees were fabulous, alsoSpecial Features:
- Mulberry restaurantJbeansDined on 9/6/2014service was very slow, wait staff seemed lacking in training. Food was very bland. Place has a great atmosphere. had a problem with main course but the owner and manager very very helpful in resolving issue. They compt the appterizer.. Owner was super nice and I hope things improve it could be a great place with some professional training and a spice rack for the chef.
- Rose624VIPDined on 9/2/2014I went here for lunch for the second time and the meal was good.
- cherryScheerySDined on 8/23/2014Again we had a very good dining experience. This time we celebrated my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. The wait staff was great with her and her great-grandchildren. The portions were big and many of us had enough leftovers to take home for second meals. There are many homemade salad dressings. We tried different ones and enjoyed each one. The grandkids loved the fact that they go to order personal pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CIDWALDined on 8/21/2014NICE PLACE GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE. CHRISTOPHER THE OWNER WILL COME BY TO SAY HELLO. IF YOU GET THERE LATE ON THE WEEKEND THEY OFFER FREE VALET PARKING WHICH IS NICE.Special Features:
- cheeryScheerySDined on 8/17/2014Great food! Great waitstaff! We plan to go back to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy dining experienceunhappydinerDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner at Mulberry Street on Saturday, July 19th was not good. We have scratched it off of list of restaurants. The prices were expensive for the food we received. The food was bland and just not good quality. My daughter had the Mahi price fixe special for $40. I was hardly edible. The apple tart for dessert was hard. Not to mention that they served the 4 members of my family and her dinner came out just as we were finishing. There was no "I 'm sorry". It was here you are. Why do restaurants have to make it so that you have to complain to get some satisfaction. They knew they screwed up and did not take it upon themselves to fix it. We paid our bill and will not return to their restaurant.
- As good as the 1st timeSteveDined on 7/12/2014I was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food the 1st time we were there, and equally as impressed the 2nd time. The service was excellent and overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza and Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014This is our go-to for take out and it's great for eat-in too. Much more elegant than your average Italian/pizza restaurant. I have never had something I didn't like at Mulberry Street.Special Features:
- Mulberry StreetgattyVIPDined on 6/22/2014it was ok. I ordered bruschetta chicken -definitely could have used some herbs/garlic-was very bland, the others at my table were satisfied with their meals-nothing to rave about -just ok. The service was excellent -wait staff was very attentive and our orders were prepared in a timely manner. Would go back for a salad or quick bite. Mulberry st is a great place for a quick bite with the kids- step above a pizzeria .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local EateryChoomanDined on 6/21/2014The food was very good...The owner even serves you your meal, and asks your opinion of the food..I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PlacegoodtableDined on 6/15/2014Love this place. Food is exceptional and atmosphere is so perfect.Special Features:
- Just OKJSevenDined on 6/6/2014It was my first time at this restaurant. I wanted to try it out since Buterras went out of business (which I knew was going to happen since they moved from their original location). I went for dinner and the food was OK not great. They are a bit pricey for Italian food in my opinion. There are many Italian restaurants around which are less expensive with better tasting food.
- Thursday is seafood nightVinnyNDined on 6/5/2014We happened to try this place on Thursday. They have a huge prix fixe of seafood for $21. I had a tilapia Mediterranean over linguini. My wife had a seafood fra diavlo. Both dishes were outstanding. The salad, main course, coffee and dessert were included. The wine was reasonably priced, the wait staff was excellent and the variety of dishes offered will surely bring us back.
- Always Great FoodSicilianChefVIPDined on 6/4/2014Always Great Food. Service from our server, Evan was SPECTACULAR! Never a bad meal!Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Mulberry Street of Seaford reviews archive.
- Nice deal for Pasta NightJRPCDined on 6/2/20143 dishes sampled: Penne Caprese with Grilled Chicken was very good as was the eggplant caprese. Pasta with mushrooms, peas and asparagus only so- so. But for $15 you get a nice meal!Special Features:
- Great Gem in NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014I made a last second reservation at Mulberry Street, the old Buttera's this past Sat nite. Good middle ground meeting friends from Plainview and I live in Oceanside. Table ready when we arrived but had drink first at bar...Abundance of delish food...price fix menu gave more food than anyone could eat, Salad, Appetiz, Entree and dessert. Only complaint was Cesear salad too much anchovy. Eggplant stacks most generous and delish. Noice level not bad, food excellent. Would highly recommend to others...will def be backSpecial Features:
- Mom's DayLaurieDined on 5/11/2014Fabulous food, comfortable seating, great service & will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuloveditDined on 5/10/2014Restaurant has a great menu with many choices. The portions were generous and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Just averageNicoleDined on 5/9/2014Food was okay, but nothing special. Service was good and attentive. Pricey for the quality of food.Special Features:
- Good for DinnerChoomanDined on 5/3/2014I have eaten there with my wife before and enjoyed it...I invited 4 of my friends to dinner and took them there. They really enjoyed the food and the service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Did not serve one meal with the rest of the party. Bar service was very slow. Food was good but service took away from the experience.
- Ok Experience OverallFBSLIDined on 4/26/2014Maybe we went on an off night but service was VERY slow. We had a table of two and our waiter got a few things messed up on our order. Besides that, the food was just ok. I feel like I could have gotten my meal at any italian restaurant. Nothing stood out as extraordinary about this place.
- first time visitcptkwk1Dined on 4/12/2014I was looking for someplace to eat. We had an engagement in the area. I found this on open table. Very good choice. The signs say under new management. It was 6:30 on Saturday eve. The place was not crowded. The wait staff was attentive, the service was good. The food was very good. There is valet parking, which is needed because you really don't want to leave your car parked Sunrise hwy. I would recommend this. The only drawback was my wife just wanted a pasta dish with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. No chicken or shrimp added. On the bill it was called "custom pasta". it was $20.00, my chicken rollatini, marsala was $20.95. I feel her dish was a little over priced.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING as UsualSicilianChefVIPDined on 4/4/2014What more can I say? The food is ALWAYS great. Our server Christina was AMAZING. A wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went here for the firstRose624VIPDined on 3/31/2014I went here for the first time and enjoyed it. I had a delicious pasta dish of tortellini with mascarpone sauce. Very good. The service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPeggyDined on 3/30/2014Food was great! Great deals with huge portions. Loved the service and especially the fact that the Chef personally went to each table to ask how everything was. Planning to go back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dealjtpieDined on 3/20/2014Ladies night out with friends turned out beautifully. The restaurant decor was lovely and as it turned out we accidentally came upon the thursday night seaford special. It included salad, entree (choose from a long list and variety of fish dishes), coffee and a choice of two desserts. What a surprise! The food and service were wonderful. Portions were more than ample and we were not rushed. Diffinitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still got it!FoodiesVIPDined on 3/11/2014Mulberry Street still stacks up to the old Buteras. This was our first time since the changeover to Mulberry street and the food was very good. They had a lot of good options for the kids and the regular menu had something for everybody. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass special which he said was excellent. We were there on a Tuesday night not realizing it was "Chicken" night which was a great deal. For $17 I got a salad, Chicken Brussetta with a side of linguine and a dessert. The food was not only a great deal but was delicious. No complaints. We will be back.Special Features:
- Deliciously!MangiaDined on 3/8/2014We were originally Butera and figured we'd check Mulberry Street out. The food was absolutely delicious but we were disappointed with 3 things. First off, you Need to bring back to the menu the bruschetta bread choice. Second our waitress was a very nice girl but inefficient in her service. We never got lime we asked for, some of us received our salads way before our other family members, and one of us even got the pasta side before the main meal. Lastly I do not believe a CASH tip should be the ONLY option and to only find out when we received our bill. Many customers prefer to use credit cards as do we and thank god someone in our party had cash on them. We did love the on-line reservation booking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprised and happySteveDined on 3/1/2014Came with 4 people and we all enjoyed what we ordered. The bread and humus was great And the salad was big. Although it seems on the expensive side, the portions are large And we had enough food left over for dinner the next night. Overall it was a great experience and will return as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersBill14VIPDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time to Mulberry St and we found the restaurant to be very busy and a bit noisy . The food was very good but it took over an hour for us to receive our meals. As we weren't in a rush this was fine, however neither the waitress nor the manager apologized for the delay. We will try Mullberry again but they do need to be a bit more consistent in their serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food itself was delicious.MiggyDined on 2/22/2014The food itself was delicious. The salad that comes with dinner was fair and not a good indicator of how the food was going to taste. Atmosphere was fair. Not a hot spot scene but certainly nice enough decor. A real combination of people from all over Long Island. I would go back because the food was delicious and lots of good choices if your watching your diet. But I wouldn't suggest for a "cool" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mulberry StreetgattyVIPDined on 2/20/2014Used to be Buteras which was ok for a quick bite, do not see much of a difference with new ownership-menu is similar-food is prepared with way too much oil, which was always my issue with Buteras, I had salmon -was super oily it over powered the flavor of the fish, not enough salad choices, could really use a better menu and chefs that season food better with less oil. I am hopeful that once the new owners settle in ,with some tweeking, this could be a "neighborhood gem" there really aren't many good restaurants in the area.
- Mixed emotionsnicosiamikeDined on 2/16/2014The cold antipasto and caesar salad were delicious. However, our main entrees of seafood fra diavolo and seafood lasagne were mediocre at best. The seafood was occasionally chewy and the sauce was bland, similar to something out of a jar. Service was very slow and then suddenly picked up to deliver multiple courses simultaneously.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerLidinerDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent. I enjoyed the variety of options. The portions were big, even for dessert! This is the first time I went out and took home left-overs of the entrees and dessert. The only thing that would have made it better was a waiter with more experience. I think he was overwhelmed and probably brand new because he seemed so hesitant. I had to ask if there were specials and ask for the dessert menu, because he forgot to do both. However, I could see that the other waiters were more experienced and I am sure this guy will be better next time. I would recommend this place for romantic evenings or big family gatherings. The interior is very nicely decorated and provides a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageFrannieannieDined on 2/9/2014we came for a birthday celebration at 3pm .. The first greeting at your front desk was so poor i got the feeling we were bothering your staff our waitress had no personality nor did she entice us with any entree sugestions. we asked for a substitution and were told NO.. at that point my husband wanted to leave but i encouraged him to stay as we were a party of 6. The food was good and tastey but for us we look for friendly outgoing staff that appreciates our buisness.. we live locally but do not not think we will be back nor recomend it to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Why did we wait so long?BabsVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great service, a very polite and attentive staff and very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Name...Same GREAT Food!RobHVIPDined on 1/25/2014I was uncertain what to think when I saw the name change but I was actually very pleasantly surprised. The food was just as good if not better than Butera's was and the service and atmosphere seemed even nicer than normal. I will be back. It truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.