136-17 39th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mulan-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7188868526
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm e888 Club Reward Card accepted here!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Peter How
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our impressive venue has a unique combination of delicious cuisine, consummate service and comprehensive event management that can cater to your every need.
- Private Party Facilities: The clean lines and modern refinement of Mulan create the perfect backdrop for your special occasion. From small, intimate functions to the most lavish affair.
- Private Party Contact: Shirley Chang 7188868526
- Cross Street: Main Street and 39th Avenue
- Public Transit: Subway: 7 train to Main Street-Flushing LIRR: Port Washington Line to Main Street-Flushing
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Free Valet Parking Vouchers are available for dinner guests. Valet Stub must be presented to redeem Parking Vouchers.
A word from Mulan Restaurant
Mulan restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of Queens Crossing at Main Street and 39th Avenue in downtown Flushing. The upscale modern Asian restaurant is elegantly decorated to fit the surrounding atmosphere. Mulan features modern Asian decor, a square waterfall, elevated seating and leathered booths, all of which are complimented by the seductive quality of the traditional oriental motifs throughout the restaurant. See-through curtains are hung over the windows, which with the addition of warm light create a romantic and pleasant dining experience. Within the dining area dramatic shifts of light create an air of sophistication among waterfall walls, hardwood flooring and striking walls of glass and wood complemented by an extensive 200-bottle wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mulan Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great meal with MomLLum83VIPDined on 10/12/2014Another great meal at Mulan, we ordered the lunch set menu... it was fantastic as well! Thanks for taking such good care of us!Special Features:
- One time and last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014There was a wedding banquet scheduled at the same time of my reservation. Even though we were tucked away in a private room in the back, we could still hear the DJ. It was difficult to carry a conversation over the music. The food was limited in selection. Nothing special for the amount they charged.Special Features:
- Nicest Place in FlushingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The ambience is hands down the best in Flushing. But also, the priciest. Food is decent with good service. I would recommend this place only to entertain business clients or out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!LLum83VIPDined on 7/11/2014Mulan is outstanding again! Three of us went for dinner, everything was delicious, as usual! We love coming here!Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Mulan Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best Upscale Authentic ChineseDavidDined on 5/10/2014I've been to many Chinese restaurants in New York City and there's no shortage of good and great ones. In the past I've found a couple of upscale Chinese restaurants, but the food was unfortunately just above average. Mulan is unique in that it is the only upscale Chinese I've found in the 5 boroughs that has truly fantastic food. And to make matters even better, the price is very reasonable for a place with food of this quality ($20-30 per plate). I have never found a bad plate in almost a dozen visits. If I had to recommend one item, it would be the Moroccan Spiced Rack of Lamb. Best lamb I've ever tasted. The only downside to this place is that it's all the way out in Flushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Chinese foodsolo7VIPDined on 4/21/2014Fine Chinese food with a fantastic ambiance, you will find many interesting dishes here like pickled duck tongues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerLLum83VIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a great family dinner, we were 6 and ordered steamed bass, walnut shrimp, bamboo mushroom pea sprouts, veg fried rice and peking duck.. it was WONDERFUL! my mother in law and grandmother both liked the dinner very much! Thanks Mulan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with Mother in law and familyLLum83VIPDined on 1/18/2014Came here with my mother in law, my husband and brother in law for lunch. We had the Business lunch, ordered salads, pumpkin soup and each an entree, shrimp with egg (so good and soft), fish fillet (very good), brisket (more like tendons), and stirfry beef (beef was very tender) All in all, a wonderful meal, great prices, great taste/textures and a fairly large amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchLLum83VIPDined on 12/31/2013This is my third time at Mulan, it is a wonderful place. They offer a wonderful business lunch with lots of different choices. Service is good, food tastes great and it's just awesome! Thinking of having my wedding banquet here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always different, always greatBethSPBDined on 12/24/2013Mulan has an ever changing menu, there are a few favorites you can count on being on the menu, and new, innovative dishes that appear seasonally. The new pork neck meat was a wonderful, sliced roast pork treat, the scallops one of our favorites, always fantastic. The shrimp with walnuts was outstanding, you may have had it somewhere else, or everywhere else, but here, it's the best. The garlic eggplant, however, was the best ever. You haven't had eggplant until you've bitten into the creamy, silken texture with amazing sauce. The piano player made dinner a concert/dinner event. He's great. We will go back whenever we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just had a good time, excellentMay1Dined on 11/30/2013The food was great, so was the team serving us. A very pleasant surprise to a good time. I want to go back again, if I could have done it the same day again, I would have. Thank you MAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok, the serviceAlwaysOpenDined on 11/28/2013The food was ok, the service was fine and it was close to allSpecial Features:
- Service is not good, cold food.CookingVIPDined on 11/9/2013Service is not good, waited over 15 mins to be told that all the food ordered are not available. Force to order other food, but some of the food arrive cold-warm while it support to be hot.......
- Service is not goodCookingVIPDined on 10/29/2013Service is not good, waited over 15 mins to be told that all the food ordered are not available. Also some of the food is cold - warm while it support to be hot.......
- With friends from out of town,NiceguyDined on 8/28/2013With friends from out of town, the services was great and the food was wonderful, will return next week when friends from overseas.Special Features:
- Amazing Lunch SpecialLLum83VIPDined on 8/22/2013I went to lunch at Mulan with my mom, my auntie and my great aunt. A reunion of sorts. Mulan was OUTSTANDING! the food was delicious, everything was perfect, the portions were great and we ate so much and had lots to take home! GREAT place, would highly recommend! Lunch specials are great, 3 course meal for less than $15/person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be perfectNinoDined on 6/30/2013We visited them not to often because the price. But the quality of food is good. Tasty and clean. We love the dimsum too. But we learned something. We visited them and ordered dumpling (no crab). They sent the one with crab because $8 different. Waiter also charged us for the expensive one even we ordered the cheap one (no crab). When we asked the waiter, he said you ate everything already.....We filled tricked by waiter. The good thing is my brother (who has crab allergy) did not visit with us. Otherwise, they will have big trouble by doing that.Special Features:
- at least my dad doesn't complaindannysDined on 6/1/2013I took my whole family there for dinner to celebrate earlier fathers day. We have total 14 people and are able to get a vip room. The service and food are great. My dad is a very picky person, this year he didn't complain at all. However price is not cheap. We have 6 kids and 8 adults the price tag comes out like close to $900Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Environment and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Environment and atmosphere is nice.food is good. but many table there are unstable. the service of waitress is much better than manager. we want to pay by credit card,but they asked me for cash,reason is they r busy, no time to do credit card.Special Features:
- Lousy way to treat a complaintAuguststarDined on 11/30/2012What should have been a pleasant dining experience ended badly when we arrived at their parking garage and was charged for going a few minutes over 3 hrs. Not a problem but the1st time I came here, my son parked at the muni parking lot but the manager told us parking is free at the basement of the bldg. I came back 2 more times before tonite (not thru open table) and we parked in their bsmt. with no problem. The point is Mulan does not advise customers about this time limit. There are no signs in the garage or in Mulan about this. When I went back to complain, the remaining staff simply kept talking to each other in Chinese pretty much ignoring my complaint. You bet this lousy treatment has made me decide never to go there aga
- It's very modern and differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012It's very modern and difference from traditional Chinese Restaurant. Sitting is comfortable; but services wasn't great. Food are nicely displayed; but took a longer time for serving after we placed our order. Taste of food are nothing out of ordinary. Dessert menu look greats but didn't taste good at all. I will say, I don't regret to try it, but doesn't worth the second visit. All you paid for just the sitting environment.
- Romantic quiet Chinese restaurantkslnycDined on 10/4/2012It is unusual to find a Chinese restaurant that is not noise in New York City. I picked Mulan because it is always quiet and you can talk to friends without screaming to each other. The decoration is nice in this restaurant. Food is OK. I am sure you can find better Chinese food in Flushing since this area filled with Many Chinese restaurant. Service is good. It can be better if they have more people working there. But it is good value for the environment and food.Special Features:
- The food is all right. I expectedEVE1628Dined on 9/16/2012The food is all right. I expected better since this place is very pricey. I have dinned in Marea and Aureole in Manhattan, Mulan can't live up to that standard. From the plate decoration, taste, and the ingredience are just average. I took my husband to celebrate his birthday, and I requested booth seating and I had made sure that there was no wedding that night. To our surprise, there were two weddings going on and we had be seated in a large room with many tables and share the same room with other dinners. The receptionist desk was hidden at the corner and we were so confused as to where to go. It's okay experience but wouldn't try there again. Btw, we ordered most expensive and popular dishes from the menu, the food was just okay.
- FOOD IS TOO LITTLE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012FOOD WASN'T THAT GREAT, SMALL PORTIONS AND OVERPRICED. DIDN'T EVEN FEEL SATISFIED AFTER EATING A $60 MEAL. I WOULDN'T COME BACK TO THIS RESTAURANT. MENU IS VERY LIMITED.Special Features:
- There was a wedding goingAvianDined on 8/4/2012There was a wedding going on, so we were relegated to the room without any ambiance. The food was very good, as always.
- We missed the amiable manager,Carl.AuguststarDined on 7/10/2012Dining here is always pleasurable. The menu is varied and different from typical high-end Chinese restaurants.The decor and ambience is extraordinary. The "water curtains" enclosing a section of the restaurant is unique and appealing. Service is efficient, except the servers were too fast in carrying away the used plates that we felt we were being rushed, even though it was not the case. My sister and I loved the sea bass wrapped in bamboo leaves, also the side pickled veggies that came with it. My son took the $35 price fixe dinner again and he was as satisfied as ever with every item served. I highly recommend this neighborhood gem. Btw, parking is in the basement of the bldg, enter at 38th St., free with validated receipt.Special Features:
- Poor service, waitress disappeared.ovishunterDined on 6/6/2012Poor service, waitress disappeared. They seem to be ignoring everyone though. Nice looking place, food nice, service poor. Would not go back
- The noise from nearby karaokeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012The noise from nearby karaoke rooms as well as the main dining section put my experience @this place to a very disappointed night. It is to my opinion not suitable to intimate family/romantic gathering. We had a selection of about 10dishes and I found them above average. I hope other dishes on offer are better as they did have some nice interior decorations to make it appear up market.
- This place is very beautiful-greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012This place is very beautiful-great for a romatic date; however the food was ok. Certain things were better then others but overall food was not as flavorful as I was expecting. Also they had a wine listed as $44 a bottle and when we tried to order it they told us that was the worng price and it was actually $55 a bottle. I found that very sketchy. If you have it listed you should honor it. The server was helpful and he helped us steer clear of the really awful dishes. We were a party of 5 and we all ordered dinner at the same time but for some reason everyone else got thier food and ate and finished and I was still waiting for my food, and the manager did nothing about it. He should have at least comped my meal! Also they are VERY pricey.Special Features:
- Had a great time at the establishmeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Had a great time at the establishment; great fusion food and also serve traditional Chinese entree. Above the par serviceSpecial Features:
- had a little problem gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012had a little problem getting seated but a good meal
- AN EXCELLENT CHOICE!!Ez2bNiceDined on 2/11/2012This place is great for special occasions. The decor is very, very, very modern and classy. It is definitely not a typical Chinese restaurant that you usually go to, such as Jade Asian. They have rather large tables to accommodate large parties. There are several attentive and friendly staff members serving each table. However, one downfall is that their family-style dishes are in smaller portions than expeceted. Plus, the prices are on the expensize side but the delicious food outweighed the higher pricing in my opinion. I highly recommend the MULAN DRY-AGE RIB EYE. It was the best dish of the night. Cooked in medium temperature. Delicious inside and out!! Overall, our night went very well! My birthday celebration with famiSpecial Features:
- Noisy. good choice of food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2012Noisy. good choice of food, especially those little dimsum dishes.Special Features:
- Great place! Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/2/2011Great place! Delicious food! Great Cocktails!I want larger portions!Special Features:
- Though we went on 11-11-11OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/11/2011Though we went on 11-11-11 when two wedding celebrations were in progress, we had excellent service and very good food. The dishes were often inventive and always well prepared. I was especially impressed by their take on lobster pumpkin soup, done here tom yum style. So delicious!Special Features:
- I chosen the restaurant causeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2011I chosen the restaurant cause its my b-day. Food its alright( i guess. all i know is after the dinner i can eat another small portion again) But definetly service dont match with the price we pay for it...I dont think its worth.Special Features:
- Wait staff is rude. Also,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2011Wait staff is rude. Also, be warned, all food is served family style. Our waiter asked if we wanted to order individually or family style. We said individually, and he then let us order family style dishes without pointing out our error. We ended up with 5X as much food as we could eat.
- The ambiance was serene andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2011The ambiance was serene and beautiful. It's a great place to impress your guests and also if you have large parties. Service is very attentive. Presentation is gorgeous and the taste matches the presentation!Special Features:
- bad food, high price portionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2011bad food, high price portion is just right..nothing too memorable or dazzling, will not return even..seems like a high class restaurant but the food doesn't seem high class enough like they come from lower class chinese restaurant. services are great though maybe they don't have enough business because there's only 2 or 3 tables during lunch hours.
- I like the decor and the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2011I like the decor and the service. I've not been disapointed about the food.Special Features: