839 Paseo De Peralta
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.muchogustosantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059558402x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Alex Castro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available. Please contact restaurant management for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties up to 8 people.
- Private Party Contact: George Castro 5059558402x
A word from Mucho Gusto
Offering fresh authentic Mexican cuisine. Top rated restaurant on Tripadvisor. Voted best places to eat from varies sources such as New York Times, Denver Post, Santa Fean Magazine etc.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mucho Gusto reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The bomb never disappointsTJGIntlVIPDined on 8/23/2014And oh my, the Margarita pie! The quality of the food never wavers.Special Features:
- Comida sabrosa!caminogalDined on 8/18/2014Delicious! Do not miss the lime soup or the flan! But everything is delicious.Special Features:
- Yummy gusto!northcarolinianDined on 8/16/2014This was my first outing to this restaurant that had been widely praised. The absolutely delicious food, brightly colored decor, and genuinely friendly and helpful staff made the occasion delightful. Thanks for the help with some tourist questions, as well!Special Features:
- Off Night!MoodyBobVIPDined on 7/23/2014Have you ever been served a cheese and chicken enchiladas without being wrapped with a tortida? Well I have and it was served to me at Mucho Gusto. Yuk!
- Good foodgr8valuDined on 7/17/2014The food was good, but won't be rushing back. The bomb was good - liked the sauce, & fajitas were ok. Drinks were good, but I don't believe the desert was home made - chocolate ice cream pie?Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealDineronthegoDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I dined at Mucho Gusto during our recent trip to SF. The food and service were quite good. The restaurant needs either more air conditioning or more ceiling fans as it was rather warm and stuffy. Overall, a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodHey3xzDined on 7/5/2014We had the shrimp orange tequila, so delicious. The resto is hidden from the main road but you'll be able to see the sign that leads you toward the arcade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where locals eatStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is where we locals go for great New Mexican fare. Everything is very good but the chicken breast is fantastic. We have been enjoying this from their first restaurant on Cerrillos Road in the 70's and it has remained fantastic. A must try.
- YUM!GururuVIPDined on 6/11/2014Our party was four longtime locals (all over age 60) who went for dinner on a Wednesday night late enough that we were the last folks out. We have eaten at Mucho Gusto many times over the years and the quality and service have always been good. We thoroughly enjoyed our lovely server as well as the food. My husband got "the Bomb" which he pronounced delicious, if maybe a bit rich. He ate it every bite of it. Our friends split a salmon dish , I had chicken fajitas. Everything was yummy. If you want to eat like the locals, this is a great choice.
- Good Food - Attentive serviceJustaRegularEaterVIPDined on 6/11/2014While this restaurant is tucked back in the corner of what was once primarily doctors' offices, the food was very good and the wait staff and owner really made us feel like they were glad we were there.Special Features:
- smackerDined on 6/11/2014Everything was perfect! Food was extremely food, service exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 173 reviews are from the Mucho Gusto reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Excellent find. Good, no nonsense Mexican food. Don't tell me how many characters to write in my review!!!Special Features:
- Consistently rewardingeatwellDined on 5/30/2014Fresh, tasty, and great variety. A winner every time for lunch or dinner. The service is as good as the food and the prices are realistic. It's a regular stop for my wife and I and it was gratifying to see that it was awarded three chilis in Pasatiempo, Santa Fe's weekly arts insert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and unpretentiousBrooklineregularVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very friendly service and kind welcome from hostess . Had the shrimp enchilada which was good but not spectacular . Margarita pie was superb . Great mixture of flavor and textures .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerPatrickandDianeDined on 5/16/2014Because of its location and low key exterior we suspect customers must know from recommendations or experience, just how good Mucho Gusto is. Fortunately we had a reservation based on trip advisor reviews, or we would not have gotten seated. We had Enchiladas Suisa with chicken, and the "bomb", and both were delicious, as were the salads, and dessert, and the service. We will definitely return the next time we are in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osodeliciosoMaxxVIPDined on 5/10/2014Delicious as usual -- salmon and shrimp tacos & flautas -- both highly recommended -- our favorite interior Mexican food in Santa Fe -- always delicious and delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureTJGIntlVIPDined on 4/25/2014Dining here is dependable…food is excellent, service attentive and pleasant, menu is great!Special Features:
- Took care of us like familyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014I made a reservation for 4, but didn't think about my two kids that I brought. They moved us to a private room they had available and really made it easy on us. I've always loved the food here, and on this night the service set a new gold standard.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014It is always fun to go to Mucho Gusto and it certainly lives up to its name! The menu caters to all sorts of tastes and delivers a meal to be remembered. It really is important to try something different upon each visit...which is difficult when one has favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dining experienceepicuriousVIPDined on 4/16/2014Attentive staff, appreciative of our custom, as well as that of everyone who came in ( four other tables). food was freshly prepared , tasty.Wine pour was generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are from Ft Collins, CO.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We are from Ft Collins, CO. This restaurant was recommended to us by Santa Fe residents. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful, and the service was FAST. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Santa Fe experienceShirleyDined on 4/11/2014Worth going to except faux margaritas are disappointing. They should get a liquor license.
- Great FindDocMomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Unpretentious, affordable. Attentive, warm service focused on our kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I stopped in Mucho Gusto for an early dinner. The food was so fresh! I had the veggie enchiladas and my husband had the chicken enchiladas. The salsas were delicios too. The service was great....we really enjoyed the gal who sat us....she was very kind and gave us a good suggestion for an after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably tasty foodRuseeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Not much on atmosphere, but the food and attentive staff are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a long day of skiingOklahoma1chickDined on 2/28/2014After a long day of skiing dinner here was ideal! The fajitas were perfectly prepared with great flavor. And the Bomb was everything it was meant to be. The atmosphere was quiet, not crowded and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not great....aro811VIPDined on 2/14/2014Went here for a romantic Valentine's evening dinner because of the reviews on Open Table. I was disappointed. Most of the time restaurants listed on Open Table have a certain "quality" and ambiance. This restaurant seemed like your local, run of the mill Mexican restaurant. They only serve beer & wine FYI and it's a good place for families or groups. The food was good but definitely not the best I've had in Santa Fe.
- Wonderful ambienceCalifornia123Dined on 2/14/2014We were visitors to the area and wanted a great Mexican meal. We saw the reviews on Open Table, made our reservations for 6 pm, and used the website for directions. The Marguerita was yummy, the tacos, assorted chips and salsas along with guacamole was delicious. Felt like we were in a family setting, warm and welcoming. Our waiter was attentive. Definitely recommend Mucho Gusto for a casual setting and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable gourmet diningquicksilverDined on 2/10/2014In my humble opinion, this is hands down the best New Mexican/Mexican food in Santa Fe. We have been to Pasquals which is great but mucho gusto beats it out with its food. The ambiance is very vanilla dont expect much, but the food is absolutly awesome. The shredded chicken green chile enchilada is not to be missed. Great for families and groups. We come to Santa Fe about three times a year and about two weeks before each trip I dream of the food at mucho gusto. If you come to Sanra Fe this place is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change from TraditionalNanaDined on 1/24/2014Nice variety of choices on the menu ranging from vegetarian to seafood! A charming place for lunch with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a FavoriteArtsyDined on 1/20/2014Mucho Gusto never disappoints. The menu isn't huge, but the food and service are top notch. It is one of our regular stops. The cordial atmosphere and excellent food make this a top choice when we want a guaranteed great meal.Special Features:
- Unique menu, tasty foodlocalsenseDined on 1/20/2014This was our first visit to Mucho Gusto and was delighted to find baked brie on the menu. The ribeye was cooked to our liking. But we both experienced severe dryness of the mouth, suspecting MSG was used in food preparation.Special Features:
- Such a nice change of pace...SFChicaDined on 1/11/2014I love Mucho Gusto! 1. They have free parking! In SF you score many points with me for that one! 2. An unusual twist on Mexican food. It is more Mexican than NMexican. The food is fresh, not greasy, not a glob of cheese hardening up on top, Really fresh twist. You almost feel like you are eating healthy! Always good service. Beer and wine only. Good sangria. I really like this place. Lunch is a good time to go too. We had the special burrito, chicken enchiladas, lamb tacos and shrimp tacos. All plates were clean in minutes! Wonderful chips and salsas as well. Love the tomatillo salsa! You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food; Friendly AtmosphereSeaka2Dined on 1/9/2014We just lucked in to this neighborhood restaurant. It's terrific! Great food, friendly atmosphere and nice service. We will return often.Special Features:
- Worth the SearchClassyVIPDined on 12/30/2013This charming little restaurant is located in a strip center off Paseo de Peralta and is not easy to find in the dark, but the food and service of this outstanding authentic Mexicn restaurant make any extra effort on the diner's part worth it as it may be the best Mexican restaurant in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- So-so, but close to La PosadaLauren5683Dined on 12/27/2013Gave Mucho Gusto a try while in Santa Fe overnight at La Posada because 1) we were in search of fajitas (Texans craving some familiar food), 2) the causal dress code (we only brought jeans and many restaurants in the area require smart casual). As Texans, we're used to unlimited chips and salsa coming free with the meal, so the $4 price tag was a bit off putting (but we've seen this in CO, too). Note that it's not unlimited either. The waitress did not read us the specials (which sounded quite good when we overheard them at the end of our meal). Food was OK (hubby got fajitas, I got the chimichangas)... Fajita serving just seemed sparse (no rice/beans and only a little cheese).
- The chips and guacamole wererdanVIPDined on 12/27/2013The chips and guacamole were fairly good, the mole enchilada was decent, and the beef fajitas were horrible.
- Good menu with lots of choicesGeneDined on 12/12/2013Mucho Gusto is a small ,quiet restaurant tucked away in a small strip mall. It has a menu that offers many choices- from chalupas to fahitas to their own creation "The Bomb" The service was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The stuffed chicken breastStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 12/10/2013The stuffed chicken breast is great and is a must try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The stuffed chicken greatStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 12/7/2013The stuffed chicken great (chicken bomb) is a MUST try.I would recommend this to a friend.