1022 SW Morrison St
Portland, OR 97205-2626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muccaosteria.com/
- Phone: 5032275521x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simone Savaiano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an intimate setting in our mezzanine with seating up to 30 people and a full bar. We will work with you to create personalized menus, including wine pairings to create an unforgettable experience. Our entire restaurant is also available for private affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Simone Savaiano 5032275521x
- Cross Street: 10th St.
- Public Transit: Portland Streetcar: SW 11th & Alder (Southbound to Waterfront) and SW 12th & Morrison (Northbound to NW 23rd)
MAX Station: Blue and Red line at Galleria/SW 10th Ave (Westbound to Beaverton) and Library/SW 9th Ave (Eastbound to Gresham or Airport)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking available, Smart Park parking garage on SW 10th between Morrison and Yamhill
A word from Mucca Osteria
Mucca Osteria serves truly authentic Italian cuisine in a warm, elegant atmosphere. We make our bread, pasta, and desserts fresh in house using traditional Italian recipes. Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Chef/Sommelier Simone Savaiano carefully sources ingredients from local farmers and prepares dishes that will transport you to Italy. Our extensive wine list includes over 190 labels from various regions of Italy. For the ultimate dining experience, Mucca’s five-course tasting menu offers an array of memorable appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Grazie, ci vediamo presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mucca Osteria - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Mucca Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (53)romantic (52)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014Food and service were excellent. For a small restaurant the selection was notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian cuisine!Knute000VIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second time here. Duck breast was perfect with rich berry sauce. Pasta with mushrooms also quite good. Will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food this trip was not up to par. The veal dish was pretty dry and didn't have much taste. The black cod was lacking taste as well. The insalata was good though the crab salad was certainly missing proper amounts of crab. we have dined here several times in the past and were more satisfied on those visits compared to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoritesuegDined on 10/24/2014Wonderful food, enthusiastic service. It has a neighborhood feel in downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Very Best Italian Restaurant!RoadWarrior45VIPDined on 10/24/2014With Genoa's demise, this is now the very best Italian restaurant in Portland. With a table of four, we tried to order as many different menu items for tasting and did not have a single "did not like" selection. The service staff was very professional, attentive and unobtrusive. The only negative? Being up on the balcony, the noise level made conversation a bit of a challenge. The "Outstanding" rating was well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner Out In A Long TimelatenitedinerDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary at Mucca Osteria and it was spectacular! The food was incredible, melt in your mouth delicious. Our waitress was so attentive and answered all of our questions wonderfully. All of the staff was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had the perfect dining experience: great food, wine, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- great dinning experienceDaisyDined on 10/10/2014highly recomend sitting at the Chef's bar if just two or three in your group.Special Features:
- Fantastico!TJJMJTVIPDined on 10/9/2014Dined here for our wedding anniversary and I cannot think of one thing that I would change or that needs improvement. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of prosecco which was a great start to a most memorable evening. If there was a stand out dish, the lamb carpaccio is to be noted as such. Food and service would be hard to beat here in Portland or anywhere else for that matter. The whole kitchen and wait staff worked like a fine oiled machine (I am thinking Ferrari). This was our first visit of what I think will be many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not italianJanetDined on 10/8/2014Did not have any of the food as advertised. Menu was very different for italian. It was more special wild animal than italian (boar, rabbit, etc....)
- Busy night at MuccajulesDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations for 7:45 and were finally seated by 8:15. It was a very busy night that maybe wasn't anticipated. We were served a Prosecco as a thank-you for our patience, which was nice. The food made the wait totally worth it! Excellent caprese with burrata and heirloom tomatoes - yum!!! The homemade pasta was divine with a lovely rabbit sauce - I thought I was back in Italy:) I wish we had had room, and time, for dessert but it was close to 10:00 before we left. The service was a tad "chilly" but she seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. I would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantPDXdineDined on 10/4/2014The food is awesome, the wine list is awesome, the service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Mucca may well be the best restaurant in the city of Portland, maybe in all of Oregon. The food is top of the line quality, Not "red sauce" Italian, but innovative Italian. We've had almost everything on the menu except the squid ink risotto and nothing has disappointed us. The chef, Simone is from Italy and a trained sommelier so, he has trained his staff in wine pairings. We always let them decide and we always are pleasantly rewarded. We have been eating at this small, beautiful restaurant since they opened and we are so glad they are successful, but nervous because now lines are forming. We truly hope they don't leave this location on Morrison with the cobbled street and old streetlights. You cannot go wrong by trying this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerDav0Dined on 10/3/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had a great meal. The restaurant was very nice but I did mark down the ambiance because it was a little loud and the music didn't seem to match the restaurant. Everything else was great, we decided to split an appetizer and primi plate which they had no trouble doing for us at no extra charge. For our main courses we had duck and halibut the food was really great and I would highly recommend going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressed from start to finishbarkeejpDined on 10/2/2014One of the best meals I have had in portland. From the moment we walked in (our first date btw) we were impressed. I had asked for a nice table and we got a intimate two top upstairs along the rail. The staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. Our server rattled off 5 specials like it was nothing. We tried both ap specials and loved both of them. Then we shared rabbit pasta that was rich in flavor but light on the palate. Next we shared the roasted duck and a bottle of wine that the server assured me it was a good choice. And he was right. Can't wait to go back! Finally a good italian restaurant has emerged in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodloverVIPDined on 9/29/2014This unassuming quaint restaurant turned out to be a great find. Food was amazing give yourself a little extra time, service was Italian style, A little slower pace so lingering over food was lovely. I was overwhelmed with the quality of food. I definitely will go back. And the price for the food were absolutely spot on.By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. The menu pricing was spot on, you definitely got quality food for the right price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualsusdglennDined on 9/26/2014Mucca Osteria has become our favorite Italian restaurant. If you mourned the loss of Tuscany Grill you will be overjoyed to experience the fresh pasta at MO. We have never had poor service or less that fantastic food in the many times we have eaten here.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodfanDined on 9/23/2014Always delicious and fresh. The bread is delicious, salads are fresh and perfectly dressed. Hand made pasta is outstanding and authentic Italian. Great wine list and the flour-less chocolate cake is rich and creamy dark chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal at Mucca OsteriafriedalighthouseDined on 9/23/2014We went to Mucca with a cousin used to eating in fine NYC restaurants. We all LOVED our dinner. It was better than I remember. Started with three appetizers: a completely spot-on scallop and truffle sauce dish, fresh Dungeness salad with endive, delicious, and a lovely stacked burrata caprese with fresh heirloom tomatoes. Couldn't have been better. We all had pasta, and my cousin declared his maltagliati with rabbit to be perfect. I loved every bite of my pappardelle with wild boar ragu, hearty and well seasoned, and my cousin and husband loved their desserts. So I think they're still at the top of their game and would return gladly. Also--very good service, attentive but not overbearing, and it's pretty in there on a rainy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mucca is Molto Bene!chairqueenDined on 9/22/2014I love this place. The food is wonderful, and the vibe is awesome.Special Features:
- Great Mealinit2winDined on 9/20/2014Our table of four had a nice variety of food... green salads that were huge, caprese and tuna tartare, papardelle, pan-seared halibut and veal. All were excellent, and the wine list was extensive. Knowing little about Italian wines, the sommelier was very helpful getting us to a bottle that fit our palates. Next time we might try the chef's tasting menu.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Great menu...great wine list...great service...great dining experience.Special Features:
- lovetodineDined on 9/6/2014We were disappointed with the food, namely the entrees. The halibut and steak were cooked perfectly, but the veggies were boring and bland. There was nothing that "wowed" me. After dropping a considerable amount of money there, I would have loved the entrees to be much more creative and more than meat and cooked vegetables. The service was great, but very formal- not much room for being "real" with them. Servers were extremely knowledgable. Desserts were awesome, as well as the tuna tartare. They were extremely generous for our special occasion.Special Features:
- World Class ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014Mucca Osteria is a top drawer Italian from start to finish. The ingredients are NW fresh and make the diner feel as if they have stepped into Italy. The wine list is very notable for the extensive Italian selections. If the diner is uncertain, there is a wine expert to help with the choice in house. The aps were all outstanding as we had one off the regular menu and two specials - the quail were outstanding with fresh wild mushrooms. The fresh mozzarella and tomato salad was reluctantly ordered by myself as it seemed ordinary compared to the other aps. Quite to the contrary, this was the best that I have ever enjoyed! All entrees and desert were great! Could say more but not enough space!Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Although our ravioli was very good, the other dishes were not up to par.
- Great Italian FoodTGF58VIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to Mucca Osteria several times in the last several months. The food is always excellent - I've had terrific luck picking from all their specials -- the pasta is always fresh, and the service is very attentive but not overbearing. It's a relatively quiet and quaint place which is exactly what I love....don't feel like I get lost in the hustle and bustle of a large restaurant. Kudos!
- Happy AnniversarySteveDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted warmly & shown to a nice table upstairs with a view of the downstairs & then presented with complimentary glasses of pro seco in honor of our anniversary. We had the Scallops & Caprese as appetizers. Both were DELICIOUS, bursting with flavor from the first bite to the last. We then shared the Tortelli ai Funghi; again simply delicious & chock full of flavor. The appetizers & primo proved to be the best of the night. I had the fish (fresh Alaska Halibut) -- it was okay but nothing special. My wife had the Bistecca which was also okay but nothing to get overly excited about. For dessert we had the Tiramisu & the Cioccolatino. Both were nice & flavorful. All in all, very, very good dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food. Accommodating staffrufmomDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner here. The pastas were scrumptious.Special Features:
- MikeSDined on 8/26/2014Wine selection is fantastic. The staff are knowledgeable and welcoming. The service is of the highest order. The food is excellent with a balanced presentation. My third visit and not disappointed in any way. Lovely evening!Special Features:
- QualityGregandNunaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Mucca Osteria. The food is really good and they used good quality produced. Every thing we try was perfect. the scallops, the carpaccio, the home made pasta, and dessert. If you want to eat well this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy crazy crazy good!drsbarDined on 8/21/2014Heard about it from friends, decided to try it, as a lover of Italian food and wines. O.M.G. Had the Torteli ai Funghi. It was an otherworldly dish that seemed to transport from a planet that has better nourishment than we Earthlings do. It seemed a bit obscene and sort of wrong to ingest it, it was so incredible, but I did eat it all! Now, a few days later, I'm left wondering, did that really happen or did I dream it?Special Features:
- Wonderful dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014We visited this restaurant after finding it on Open Table. It exceeded our expectations in every respect -- wonderfully seasoned food, using local sources. Inventive and just the right portions. Would visit Portland again just to eat here. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most enjoyable eveningHonuDined on 8/19/2014We were fortunate to get a table by the kitchen so we could watch the seamless work of the entire restaurant staff. Only once before have we seen a dinner service that was so well orchestrated, it was flawless. Every person on the wait staff played a part, from the general manager, to the new hire waiter and as opposed to being choppy, it was impressive. It doesn't hurt that the food is beautifully plated, delicious, and perfectly proportioned. Note the wine list is extensive, but limited to Italian wines. The general manager will gladly help select the appropriate vintage at your selected price point.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodfoodiefromnycDined on 8/16/2014Went to Mucca on a friend's recommendation and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent, service was great! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great as always! Staff is great and consistent! Keep it going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delicaciesIrisVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everyone has a favorite Italian restaurant--the staple of American dining. A few stand out as places to take other people.Mucca Osteria is one of these exceptional places that everyone will enjoy.Not inexpensive, the chef creates Italian magic.Each dish worthy of a snapshot--an event in and of itself.Something as simple as the complimentary bread basket filled with homemade bread, tasty without the wonderful olive oil; a buratta, heirloom tomato, basil tower;ricotta and minced mushroom puree shaped into pinwheels of delight;seafood pasta that one can taste each individual ingredient; even the tiramisu,memorable.We found ourselves looking around the restaurant to see what others were eating.We are going back to sample more…don't miss this.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceskhmom23Dined on 8/11/2014The Italian food here is not your ordinary spaghetti and meatballs, but an extraordinary choice of Italian cuisine. We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely go back again if we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Fabulous presentation, attention to detail, innovative menu...came back next night too.Special Features:
- Glad we chose it!JGBPDXDined on 8/8/2014Came here for dinner after a movie. The show got over almost 90 minutes before our reservation time, but we walked over to see if they could accomodate us early and they did without issue. That set the tone for the excellent dinner which followed. Everything was supurb, from attentive service by the ample staff, to the delicious food. Highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- perfetto!SinenomineDined on 8/8/2014We chose the tasting menu and put everything, including wine selection, on auto-pilot. A fantastic meal and a memorable night shared with old friends. I would recommend whole-heartedly.Special Features: