1022 SW Morrison St
Portland, OR 97205-2626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muccaosteria.com/
- Phone: 5032275521x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Simone Savaiano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an intimate setting in our mezzanine with seating up to 30 people and a full bar. We will work with you to create personalized menus, including wine pairings to create an unforgettable experience. Our entire restaurant is also available for private affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Simone Savaiano 5032275521x
- Cross Street: 10th St.
- Public Transit: Portland Streetcar: SW 11th & Alder (Southbound to Waterfront) and SW 12th & Morrison (Northbound to NW 23rd)
MAX Station: Blue and Red line at Galleria/SW 10th Ave (Westbound to Beaverton) and Library/SW 9th Ave (Eastbound to Gresham or Airport)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking available, Smart Park parking garage on SW 10th between Morrison and Yamhill
A word from Mucca Osteria
Mucca Osteria serves truly authentic Italian cuisine in a warm, elegant atmosphere. We make our bread, pasta, and desserts fresh in house using traditional Italian recipes. Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Chef/Sommelier Simone Savaiano carefully sources ingredients from local farmers and prepares dishes that will transport you to Italy. Our extensive wine list includes over 190 labels from various regions of Italy. For the ultimate dining experience, Mucca’s five-course tasting menu offers an array of memorable appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Grazie, ci vediamo presto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mucca Osteria - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Mucca Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (57)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (13)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Happy AnniversarySteveDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted warmly & shown to a nice table upstairs with a view of the downstairs & then presented with complimentary glasses of pro seco in honor of our anniversary. We had the Scallops & Caprese as appetizers. Both were DELICIOUS, bursting with flavor from the first bite to the last. We then shared the Tortelli ai Funghi; again simply delicious & chock full of flavor. The appetizers & primo proved to be the best of the night. I had the fish (fresh Alaska Halibut) -- it was okay but nothing special. My wife had the Bistecca which was also okay but nothing to get overly excited about. For dessert we had the Tiramisu & the Cioccolatino. Both were nice & flavorful. All in all, very, very good dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food. Accommodating staffrufmomDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner here. The pastas were scrumptious.Special Features:
- MikeSDined on 8/26/2014Wine selection is fantastic. The staff are knowledgeable and welcoming. The service is of the highest order. The food is excellent with a balanced presentation. My third visit and not disappointed in any way. Lovely evening!Special Features:
- QualityGregandNunaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Mucca Osteria. The food is really good and they used good quality produced. Every thing we try was perfect. the scallops, the carpaccio, the home made pasta, and dessert. If you want to eat well this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy crazy crazy good!drsbarDined on 8/21/2014Heard about it from friends, decided to try it, as a lover of Italian food and wines. O.M.G. Had the Torteli ai Funghi. It was an otherworldly dish that seemed to transport from a planet that has better nourishment than we Earthlings do. It seemed a bit obscene and sort of wrong to ingest it, it was so incredible, but I did eat it all! Now, a few days later, I'm left wondering, did that really happen or did I dream it?Special Features:
- Wonderful dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014We visited this restaurant after finding it on Open Table. It exceeded our expectations in every respect -- wonderfully seasoned food, using local sources. Inventive and just the right portions. Would visit Portland again just to eat here. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most enjoyable eveningHonuDined on 8/19/2014We were fortunate to get a table by the kitchen so we could watch the seamless work of the entire restaurant staff. Only once before have we seen a dinner service that was so well orchestrated, it was flawless. Every person on the wait staff played a part, from the general manager, to the new hire waiter and as opposed to being choppy, it was impressive. It doesn't hurt that the food is beautifully plated, delicious, and perfectly proportioned. Note the wine list is extensive, but limited to Italian wines. The general manager will gladly help select the appropriate vintage at your selected price point.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodfoodiefromnycDined on 8/16/2014Went to Mucca on a friend's recommendation and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent, service was great! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great as always! Staff is great and consistent! Keep it going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delicaciesIrisVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everyone has a favorite Italian restaurant--the staple of American dining. A few stand out as places to take other people.Mucca Osteria is one of these exceptional places that everyone will enjoy.Not inexpensive, the chef creates Italian magic.Each dish worthy of a snapshot--an event in and of itself.Something as simple as the complimentary bread basket filled with homemade bread, tasty without the wonderful olive oil; a buratta, heirloom tomato, basil tower;ricotta and minced mushroom puree shaped into pinwheels of delight;seafood pasta that one can taste each individual ingredient; even the tiramisu,memorable.We found ourselves looking around the restaurant to see what others were eating.We are going back to sample more…don't miss this.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceskhmom23Dined on 8/11/2014The Italian food here is not your ordinary spaghetti and meatballs, but an extraordinary choice of Italian cuisine. We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely go back again if we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Fabulous presentation, attention to detail, innovative menu...came back next night too.Special Features:
- Glad we chose it!JGBPDXDined on 8/8/2014Came here for dinner after a movie. The show got over almost 90 minutes before our reservation time, but we walked over to see if they could accomodate us early and they did without issue. That set the tone for the excellent dinner which followed. Everything was supurb, from attentive service by the ample staff, to the delicious food. Highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- perfetto!SinenomineDined on 8/8/2014We chose the tasting menu and put everything, including wine selection, on auto-pilot. A fantastic meal and a memorable night shared with old friends. I would recommend whole-heartedly.Special Features:
- Outstanding!LorabellVIPDined on 8/8/2014Three concierges from the Nines Luxury Collection Hotel, downtown Portland give this amazing restaurant 5 stars. The service was perfect, and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration PlaceMarinaDined on 8/6/2014My friend and I took our best friend out for her birthday, and the experience was excellent! Every server was kind, careful to detail, and even brought a complimentary birthday cake with a candle for our friend. The gnocchi were divine, and the ravioli were tender and umami. This evening couldn't have gone any better.Special Features:
- FoodieforlifeDined on 8/6/2014A wonderful meal for our party of four, highlighted by excellent service, a quality wine list of Italian wines, and inspired food.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time here in some months. The food was superb. My wife had cold watermelon soup that she loved. The entrees, halibut and pork shoulder were both delicious. Desserts were sumptuous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014A little pricey, but great food. We love the mushroom pasta!Special Features:
- golferjimgolferjimDined on 7/29/2014A disappointment from our previous visit a year ago. They must have gotten a good deal on olive oil someplace since every dish we ordered seemed to be swimming in it. Our two entrees (seafood pasta and red beet ravioli) were both excellently prepared, but left a good 1/4 inch of oil in the bottom of the bowl when we were finished. Also note, sitting upstairs is considerably noisier than downstairs. Intimate conversations are not possible on the second floor.Special Features:
- Italian food loverluv23VIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a great restaurant for Italian cuisine. We shared an appetizer and each of us ordered one of the specials which were delicious. We opted to sit in the upstairs portion of the restaurant and it was very elegant. Everything about the night was great, the food, the service and the ambiance. Yes, I will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great authentic Italian Roman foodArtBDined on 7/26/2014Ask for a table upstairs to avoid high noise level from the street trolley. If you don’t mind that, sitting downstairs is certainly more vibrant and exciting. The restaurant has an open kitchen and the owner and executive chef was on the line the night we ate there. Also we had a special occasion the night we had dinner and when we arrived they brought two complementary glasses of champagne to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Always awesome - the food and service are always equally excellent. We love Mucca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousyumyumVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food here is amazing northern italian. The quail appetizer is to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant was great; however there seems to be a disconnect between OpenTable communications and the restaurant itself. I made an online reservation for 4 people at Mucca, and I received a confirmation email from OpenTable for 4 people. But when we arrived at our reserved time, Mucca staff informed us that they had a reservation for us for only 2 people. They were gracious and accommodating, and fortunately they were able to resolve the situation for us, eventually. But it seems there is a software/communications glitch of some sort that needs to be sorted out to avoid these embarrassing and stressful situations.
- greateatzLive2dineDined on 7/17/2014The food was amazing. I had the gnocchi and the broth was light and flavorful. The other diner had the risotto. The presentation wasn't great, as it looked as though it had been eaten already... but it tasted really good. The staff members were knowledgeble, attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Outstanding!ClarkVIPDined on 7/16/2014Mucca Osteria is an exceptional italian restaurant. The food was delicious (especially the pasta!), the service was fast and thorough, the atmosphere was airy and light. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverksfoodloverksDined on 7/15/2014We were visiting Portland for 4 nights on a conference and we ate at Mucca on two evenings. The food was expertly prepared in plating and the taste was divine. The pasta was perfect on both visits. This is a wonderful restaurant that should not be missed by visitors or locals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for businessAlexVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was good, but the environment is a very low key. I was with the client for a business dinner and I did not feel very comfortable. It is more for a family and friends. Also the restaurant is very small but the service was slow.
- quietdinerquietdinerDined on 7/12/2014This was a much better experience than first time around. We asked to be seated upstairs and it was way more comfortable than the front table downstairs. Food was excellent as prior visit and nice that we could order half bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family wedding in Portland, ORLuvG8FoodDined on 7/11/2014Our very first trip to Portland, OR, the counseur of the hotel in which we were staying recommended Mucca, we enjoyed it so much that we came back & had dinner a second night before leaving Portland & our entire trip to the area was only 6 days!!!! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! The Gnocchi, tagnatelle pasta, were fabulous as well as other dishes that were on the menu! Great homemade Spumoni & panacotta so save some room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find, centrally locatedtmromeDined on 7/11/2014Just a few blocks from Pioneer square and our hotel, this was a great treat. Excellent service and outstanding food. The pasta was tasty and al dente. The wines and desserts also impressed. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great foodFsmithoutDined on 7/7/2014Three of us met here for dinner to plan a trip. We shared three entrees and I'll have to say they were all good. The favorite of the group was the pork shoulder. The service was very good and the wait staff was friendly. The food is quite comparable to the food we have eaten in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurant!new2ballardDined on 7/5/2014I'm from Seattle and was visiting Portland with my gf. This is honestly the best Italian restaurant I've been to in the Pacific NW. Fantastic atmosphere and service. Reasonably priced. Nice wine selection. Great appetizers including the scallops. For the main course, I had hallibut stuffed ravioli which was excellent. Overall, a great experience and perfect for a date!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Charming, professional restaurant with wonderful fresh Italian cuisine and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!DaleneDined on 6/28/2014We just recently discovered Mucca and it has become our new favorite little neighborhood spot for dinner. The food is delicious and the service is attentive. It's cozy inside with a few tables and some primo seats at the bar where you can watch the food being preopared. Everyone concerned seems to be intent on making your dining experience at Mucca a pleasurable one. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, small & livelyWillametteWondersDined on 6/28/2014Charming wait staff and interesting if short menu. Salads are extremely fresh, beautifully prepared and generous. The pan roasted halibut was fresh, simple and delicious though just a bit dry from overcooking. In all quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puzzled by Mucca's low profileIlparmigianinoDined on 6/26/2014I simply don't understand why Mucca doesn't get more attention in the PDX foodie press. Oh well, just means more fabulous capesante scottate, tagliere della casa, pappardelle al cinghiale and gnocchi al coniglio for me. Nostrana? (Never had a good experience), Ava Gene's? (Fab, but not traditional trattoria cooking), Genoa? (glorious once upon a time, much like Giorgio's sadly). Mucca and DOC remain consistent favorites. I lived in Italy for 2 years. Mucca feels and tastes like my most memorable trattoria meals in Florence, Ravenna, Arezzo and Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014What a great find! We enjoyed everything about it! Eill definitly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood italian findpdxfoodieDined on 6/19/2014We have found an outstanding neighborhood Italian restaurant that combines top quality food, superb preparation and attentive (but not overwhelming) service. Our dinner salads were made with fresh, crisp lettuce and the entries (grilled trout and pasta) were well prepared. Mucca tops our list as a restaurant we will continue to revisit. The only drawback to an evening of great dining was a noise level that made conversation difficult.Special Features: