6001 Winter Haven Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitchinaabq.com/
- Phone: 5055037327
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Haas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: M'Tucci's Kitchina will be catering off-site parties.
A word from M'Tucci's Kitchina
M’Tucci’s Kitchina is a friendly, comfortable, lively Italian restaurant, passionate about our food and making your dining experience one to remember. We strive to produce serious food, in a warm environment It’s a place for people to gather, eat, talk, laugh and meet their neighbors. Kitchina is a celebration of the sweet life. We want our guests to know our restaurant as a place they want to be for pure enjoyment and wonderful Italian food. It’s relaxed, and creatively designed. We are open every day for lunch starting at 11AM. The kitchen closes at 10PM on weekdays and 11PM on Friday and Saturday. We close the kitchen at 9PM on Sunday. We have a full bar, a very interesting wine selection and everything is moderately priced. Our bar stays open later than our kitchen if there are people who want to hang out for a while.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
M'Tucci's Kitchina - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
M'Tucci's Kitchina reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (15)special occasion (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Simply marvelous!FoodiesDined on 10/15/2014I had been to M'Tucci's several times previously and had enjoyed lunch, dinner, and a special event dinner. I had recommended going with a group of friends with whom I dine and travel on a regular basis. Everyone was just delighted. The motif is a bit eclectic but very pleasant. Service was great; our waiter Josh was pleasant and just attentive enough. The owner himself delivered a couple glasses of wine to check in with us. One of our group is a half Italian former New Yorker who thought it was the best Italian food she'd had in a long time. We all plan to return and bring family and friends. The food is high quality at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantLike2eatDined on 10/11/2014Food is very good. Love the Fried brie and Sausage and Polenta. It's nice that the owners are very personable going around and talking to the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best run restaurant in AlbuquerqueSenileOldGeezerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our 10th visit was as satisfying as the first nine. Service is always perfect and the owner makes sure of it. Last night I had a special fish I had never heard of and whose name I still can't remember but it was great. I order something different every time. It is a place where different is not to be feared. There are always specials and the main menu changes regularly. There are many Italian restaurants in ABQ but only three worth visiting and M'Tucci's Kitchina is my favorite.Special Features:
- A sleeperNVFoodieDined on 10/11/2014You can go to NYC to get food like this-but why bother when there is a wonderful Italian fusion restaurant right here in Albuquerque. We went there for our 19 anniversary and I had homemade duck sausage with cranberry compote, wilted spinach and creamy polenta- it was divine. My husband had a gourmet pizza and being from NYC- he is quite the critic-but he says the pepperoni is the best he's ever had- it's homemade there. You won't pay NYC prices either- a really nice dinner is entirely affordable- we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding reception success!SeattleCatDined on 10/4/2014We had a tiny wedding (13 people) and did our reception dinner here at M'Tucci's Kitchina. The menu had something terrific for everyone, the wine was great, there were able to gluten free options, and the staff was super sweet. Save room for dessert... yum!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014What a great place to come to celebrate a birthday! From the welcome to the fabulously fresh seafood appetizers to the entrees and dessert (free for the birthday guest), everything was wonderful. Of special note was the time taken by the owners to stop by the table and chat. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't worry, Mom.....DukeDined on 9/27/2014First visit. Nice meal (slightly bland...), good service. Not very appealing ambience, very crowded room, and extremely noisy. Not quite worth the long cross-town drive for an average experience. Too many good options elsewhere. May give it another try if I'm on the west side sometime.
- Overpriced and too limitingMafnmDined on 9/25/2014We hoped to find a great neighborhood restaurant, but that wasn't the case. It was unfortunate that we dined on a night when the "special" menu was so limiting, but we perused the regular menu and thought it wasn't much of an improvement. If you're not a big meat eater, you'll have trouble finding an appropriate entree. The place is cute, the server was conscientious, but it's not for us.
- Fantasticg2InAbqVIPDined on 9/17/2014Inventive, delightful, and always delicious. Every item on the menu is a hit.Special Features:
- Definitely worth the trippipesmokeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The server was fantastic. My wife thought her fish dish was average. My dish was above average. There needs to be better specials than the usual pork. It is time to change up the menu. If not, the decline will begin.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Couldn't wait to go back a second time! The atmosphere is bright and cheerful and the service good with excellent oversight by the owners. My pork Bolognese was the best I've had anywhere, including Italy. The Gorgonzola salad was generous with crisp lettuce and the dressing creamy and zestful. I can usually pass on desserts, but not here with the Italian Twinkie and the Italian Moon Pie.Special Features:
- kitchen not preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014had reservation at 7pm on a Saturday, and ran out of chicken! How does that happen? Several in party thought food was so-so, but couple months ago food was excellent. Might have to try one more time, but poor experience this time
- Real Italian FoodBJinNMDined on 8/30/2014With delicate flavors and excellent homemade pastas, M'Tucci's Kitchina is a great find in a strip mall on a highly traveled main road on the West Side of Albuquerque. I had the seafood cannelloni which was light and flavorful. BJ had the spaghettini with wild mushrooms and truffle oil. The portions were sensible, leaving enough room for an appetizer of baked Brie with apples and strawberries. We had room for dessert but had that at home. The bread was also delicious but you have to ask for it at $3 with enough for four people. The cost was very reasonable. Conversation was easy since the noise level was well below what we find in the average restaurant. There was outdoor seating. Service was excellent and the owners came out to talkSpecial Features:
- Great, as usualAnnDDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorites in town. The food is always consistently great. We like to sit at the bar to eat and the bar staff is wonderful. We finally had dessert, the Twinkie, out of this world.Special Features:
- blueboy011Dined on 8/22/2014We were a group of eight which may have had some bearing on the fact that the two orders Swordfish arrived only luke warm and quickly turned cold. Others at the table seemed delighted with their entrees and vowed to return to M'Tucci's again. We all sampled the meatballs and sausages and I believe either of those will be my entrée choice in future.Special Features:
- Noise LevelSusanLarryDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the food very much, however, the noise level was very high. It was hard to hear across the table. So many restaurants do not do anything to alleviate the noise. Having an acoustical ceiling and maybe some soft wall hangings might help.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, good food!FlavorloverVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a very pleasant lunch with friends. The service was great and the food excellent. I would recommend this place for lunch and will soon try going for dinner.Special Features:
- M'Tucci's breadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Appetizer of a sliced tomato on a bed of arugala with a dollop of buratta was too expensive! It would have been a good dining experience except for one major gaffe. We wanted bread with our appetizer and the waitress told us the bread basket comes with 5 pieces but there were six of us so she had us order two servings of bread. SERIOUSLY???? They charge for bread at an Italian restaurant?? And with 6 people paying for meals (around $200), couldn't the waitress have thrown in one more lousy piece of bread!!!???? It left a terrible impression on us and all 6 of us said we would hesitate going back. Amazing how one cheap mistake changes the whole experience. This waitress was good otherwise but she should have used her head-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, great service .... best Italian restaurant in Albuquerque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABQ is lucky having this restaurantfoodiemissingDCDined on 7/26/2014I loved the grilled lamb chops, rubbed with coffee. Garlic potatoes perfect - not too salty or garlicky - just tasty. my companion was not as keen on the saffron seafood risotto but I thought that too was delicious. terrific cucumber 'pasta' salad.Special Features:
- Great experience every time!JulesDined on 7/25/2014We have enjoyed our meal every time we've dined! We have celebrated a birthday and Valentines Day at M'Tucci's and dinners with friends! We will keep coming back! Best Italian spot in Albuquerque!Special Features:
- AnonReviewerAnonreviewerDined on 7/22/2014M'tucci's has wonderful food, energy, and a fun, eclectic ambience. I'm so glad there's still somewhere you can feel the owner's committment to excellent food and customer experience - unlike chain restaurants. It's not too loud, so you can actually hear the conversation with your dinner companions. This place is alive (and did I forget to mention that the food is fabulous!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surpised!40sRfabulousDined on 7/12/2014After being totally forgotten about after we were seated and had to ask the hostess to send someone to our table it tuned out to be an amazing meal. My boyfriend got the half rotisserie chicken. I got the ribbon pasta with chicken and mushrooms. Both were amazing!! Service is disorganized (we never got a waiter until we asked after 10 minutes of sitting and waiting), had to wait for our waiter to tend to us after we finished our meals, and our cappuccino we ordered with dessert didn't arrive till our dessert was finished. Maybe additional training needed, maybe more staff? Food made up for it and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousJAMDDined on 7/11/2014This is a great locally owned reataurant with fresh homemade food. They are always friendly and the service is prompt but the atmosphere is never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italiang2InAbqVIPDined on 7/6/2014On the West side, this is the only place to go for Italian. Good food, great place to meet friends and enjoy fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitFoodjunkieDined on 7/5/2014We were a large group, 10, and it took quite awhile to get our food. Our orders were all correct. I had seen a photo of a dessert that said "Happy Birthday" on it. I assumed they would give a dessert for our birthday person. When I told the waiter it was his 20th Birthday and what could be done for him he said"Tell him Happy Birthday". Other high end restaraunts give a complimentary dessert. So a bit of a disappointment. The food was good and portions were fine. I ordered a full grilled vegetable salad and it was big enough to share with 3 other people. My husband had the seared duck breast and it was the best duck I have had in Albuquerque. My daughter had the pappardelle with chicken and mushrooms. It too was delicious. Dessert was great.Special Features:
- Good foodChowtimeDined on 6/28/2014The food is great! The happy hour vodka drinks are a great change from the norm. I would suggest anything with polenta or the Xmas pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the M'Tucci's Kitchina reviews archive.
- Awesome food!ayakoDined on 6/27/2014This place is one of our favorite restaurants. What's great is it is only 3 minutes from our house! The only drawback is marinara sauce was quite salty in my opinion, the rest is outstanding!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I didn't like Kitchina and although I live in Taylor Ranch, would not recommend it. For one, it is VERY loud with terrible acoustics. Feels like a warehouse. I used to be married to an Italian and was a northern Italian gourmet cook at one time. Food was just average and somewhat disappointing. Nothing to write home about. I really cannot select anything from category 2.Special Features:
- Great Resturantbadkins42Dined on 6/19/2014We have eaten at M'Tucci's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. This is a our go to place when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- fun, reasonably priced dinner spotbarryVIPDined on 6/17/2014Name ought to be KITCHina - eclectic doesn't get it. The menu follows along - a bit of Italian in a SW setting. The waiter is a kick and a character and his recommendations terrific. i loved the mista salad; my wife the roasted veggie; our friends split the strawberry and roquefort salad -everyone quite pleased. The fish special was terrific as always; two of us were quite happy with our individual pizzas; my wife once again enjoyed her roasted half-chicken. Desserts - moon pie and tira misu were excellent and the Van Rixel Brothers' offerings excellent as always. The food was good; the setting just fine; we had a good time, a very satisfactory dinner and thought it was reasonably priced for value received. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewWinemakerDined on 6/16/2014We were looking for a nice place to have our anniversary dinner and this fit the bill. The atmosphere and service were very good. The food was excellent . Well stocked full bar. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- jimgoodfellaDined on 6/14/2014Finest northern Italian food in albuquerque. Quality impeccable. This is authentic Italian food. Creative dishes. It is my new fave. From the appetizer to the main course and finishing up with the desert. Hey albuquerque give this place a try and you too would be hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent...pipesmokeVIPDined on 6/13/2014Want the best Italian and other food. This is the place! Reservations are a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne's BirthdayJohnDined on 6/7/2014Last year we came to Kitchina for the first time and by the time we finished dinner Suzie said that this is where she wanted her birthday party. Months and months go by and finally this Saturday night we had her party. Eight of our best friends, excellent service, great wines and then, OMG, the food. Half the guests had the veal special, others had other favorites. Our friends were all sending high compliments and moaning over how good each part of their meals were. From antipastos through salads and entrees oh, and then the deserts it was all excellent. I payed the total bill and with everything as great as it was the cost was very reasonable. Eat there ! Eat there often !! John Di.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find!FavoriteVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first dining experience at M'Tucci's Kitchina, and it was great! The food and service were both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineJohnboyDined on 5/30/2014Server was knowledgeable with the food, drinks, and specials. He was attentive and took care of our needs. The food was served on schedule and was warm and tasty. Drinks were delivered to us as we waited in the lobby to be seated. Perfect wait time. Great place to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the West Side of ABQDrDollyDined on 5/29/2014Not expecting the food to be that good! Surprise! Food was great! Not that crowded for lunch. Has an interesting wine list. We had a party of 6 that grew to 8 over the course of lunch and restaurant was very accommodating in seating and bringing late orders quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014Prices were high mediocre portions pay extra for bread which most Italian restaurants give for free.
- Yummy but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014I don't mind slow dining myself but I think the group I was with is used to quick food turnaround so they were not impressed. Inside decor needs some help but who cares when the choices of food are so unique and tasty. The Calamari was superb and the Hanger steak was delicious as well. It was a busy Saturday night so I would still give it another shot. Nice to have something a little more upscale (food wise) on the West Side. It's about time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.