MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
212 Main St.
Nashua, NH 03060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeltimothys.com/
- Phone: 6035959334
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 4:30pm - 9:30pm Fri & Sat 4:30pm - 10:30pm Lunch: Thurs, Fri & Sat 11:30 - 4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Buckley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
Welcome to MT's Local ~ Kitchen & Wine Bar, the new evolution of Michael Timothy's. We have an uncompromising passion for the quality of our product and hospitality. Our cuisine is chef inspired dishes with a creative twist to showcase the best of each product. Everything is made in-house utilizing the freshest ingredients and sourcing product from our abundant local resources. You will find a casual comfortable atmosphere in our dining room and wine bar to enjoy a meal with friends or celebrate a special occasion. Our menu is diverse offering salads, wood grilled pizzas, small plates and appetizers for lighter fare. Our wood grill imparts a unique flavor to our grilled meats and creative twists on meatloaf, pasta and pot roast are dishes you are sure to remember. We offer and extensive wine list of wine from around the world representing the best interpretation of each varietal. If reservations are booked please stop in as we only take limited reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Nashua ›
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (18)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Special dining in NahshuamassgrizzlyVIPDined on 10/4/2014MT's Local -- and before it Michael Timothy's -- has been our go-to restaurant for find dining in Nashua. Fortunately for me, we dined during the two week Oktoberfest special week, so I had the opportunity to sample Michael Buckley's take on Bavarian cooking. Michael trained in Europe under a German chef and his Schnitzel and Sauerbraten were write-about-it-delicious. My wife's fish special -- non-Oktoberfest -- was similarly delicious overall it was a delightfully flavorful evening.Special Features:
- 09/28/14 - RW at MTSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 9/28/2014MT's Local Kitchen and Wine Bar was the first restaurant we tried when we're looking to moving here. Overall, the staff were welcoming and friendly. The noise level was little to moderate noise, which makes diners able to hold their own conversations among their guests. It's a great place for a date and among friends! They also have a really nice wine bar! We are always satisfied with what we order. The food came out in a timely manner. The bread was served with a sweet creamy butter. We enjoyed the Harvest Greens Salad, Roasted Pumpkin Bisque, Wood Fired Swordfish, Cinnamon Creme Caramel, and Flourless Chocolate Toffee Cake. Although, I expected the salad and soup to be bigger in size, the 3-course meal was the perfect size for my stomach.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014If you have special dietary needs, the restaurant does a great job in catering to those needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MT Local - Still the top for NashuaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014For Restaurant Week, we chose MT Local, our favorite restaurant in Nashua. It did not disappoint. The food, special wines and service were are excellent@Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightavidexplorerDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful dining experience. My wife and I came during Nashua's restaurant week and were very pleased with the food and service. We each ordered from the fix price menu and everything was cooked and presented perfectly. It was our first time here, but we will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- dineoutoftendineoutoftenDined on 9/24/2014We had the fixed menu dinner for restaurant week. Delicious and the staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJZNHDined on 9/20/2014The food and the service were excellent. The Vegetarian Onion Soup was INCREDIBLE - and the entrees were very good. My guest had the swordfish and said it was excellent, I had the special Bone In Pork chop and is was good but not great as it was a bit tough, though the root veggies were perfect. The server was great - she was at the table the right amount of times, without being over bearing. The place has a great vibe and I look forward to my next visit. I reserved through Open Table via Trip Advisor (Open Table could not get me a seat, but Trip Advisor did - which mean I get ZERO points - as a side note, this is the third time this has happened, and it is beyond frustrating). If this keeps happening, there is no value to Open TableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceverydisappointedDined on 9/20/2014MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar is a must. Excellent food and reasonably priced! I will definitely be back and will definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- we devoured it!heyjudeDined on 9/15/2014the menu selections were great... we had a table of 4 ladies, all ordered something different... the plates were all eaten clean. Nice food, well prepared, nice presentation. Fair prices. knowledgeable staff, good service. Will definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- patrickDined on 9/14/2014The strong points were the food and the service. A great neighborhood restaurant, however I found it pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top-notchjfkiiDined on 9/9/2014Michael Timothy's is THE best place for special dinners (e.g., anniversary, celebrations, etc.). HIGHLY recommended. Food is superb, creative.Special Features:
- A must in NashuaMDFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Highly recommended for food and wine. Took clients for dinner. We were there for 3 hours and never once felt rushed. Service was outstanding. Our waitress was informative, polite, and knew when to ask us if we needed anything else since we were talking business. The wine list was reasonable with good California selections by the glass or bottle. I would highly recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Very NicekgconcordDined on 8/26/2014Cocktails were well prepared, my swordfish was cooked very nicely. Michael, our server, was excellent. He was very attentive and polite but gave my friend and I lots of time to chat and catch up. We shared a key lime mousse for dessert which we both thought was great, tart and sweet and the perfect end to the meal.Special Features:
- Celebrated Mom's BirthdaySCCCDined on 8/14/2014So good! You get what you pay for! Very impressed. Server was awesome as well.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2lizmitchDined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience. We told our waitress we were trying to get to a movie, she put our order right in to insure we would not be late. Service was great, dinner was divine. We will defiantly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was all perfectionlimegreen71Dined on 8/1/2014The duck ragout had the perfect storm of ingredients and phenomenal flavors. It was plated beautifully. Loads of water boys regularly circulating. The spinach dip was like non other....a gourmet version with fried pita triangles alone were amazing. Service was fast, and very mindful of us. Loved the whole place. Casual dress for very upscale food. Worth every dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotnhgeekDined on 7/31/2014We had lunch here with a friend. Our three selections were delicious, and the service was attentive yet unobtrusive. We were seated in the bar area; with only one other table occupied, the room was quiet, which made for easy conversation. Outside seating is also available. MT's is aesthetically pleasing and not pretentious, with what I would call a French country charm. It's a great place for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Fine dining, no fussinesskrishendraVIPDined on 7/21/2014From the warm, inviting service, to the expertly prepared courses, a first rate experience from start to finish. The only negative was the hostess who didn't greet me at the door or ask about my meal as she'd done with other tables. My server was knowledgable about the menu, friendly, and attentive. The food was beyond delicious; fresh and carefully attended to. Overall, a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant has a varied menu from sandwiches, salads, pizzas and main courses on the dinner menu. Our meals were fabulous - salmon, chicken and meat loaf. Our first time but certainly not our last at this local gem.Special Features:
- Worth recommending and returningUSAMarianoDined on 7/19/2014Very impressed with the menu, the quality of the food, the right portions. Delicious cappuccino and desserts. Extensive list of wines and great local beer selection.Special Features:
- Second time as good as firstFoodieDined on 7/11/2014No actually, our first experience at MT's Local was great and this was even better. Same wonderful waitress who was just the right amount of attentive. We were in a side dining room which was more private and the ambiance was "date night" perfect. lovely cocktails that were just off the beaten track enough to be memorable without being weird. The food was perfect. Do check out this Nashua NH gem!Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Outstanding service, what a pleasure. Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- MT's Local doesn't disappointJcubeNHDined on 7/1/2014My GF and I met for our first date here 2 years ago and we have been back a few times since then. They have great options for those with food allergies and diet restrictions. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLizzie225Dined on 6/29/2014Our server was excellent, attentive but not prone to hovering. All our food was wonderful as well. Most of the entrees were a little out of our budget, but it was good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 684 reviews are from the MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Always greatdieforcheeseDined on 6/21/2014Been many times and eaten inside, outside, and bar -- best in Nashua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Open TableCleoVIPDined on 6/19/2014We would not have eaten here if we had not seen this on your web site. Great food, excellent wait staff, comfortable place to dine!Special Features:
- MT's Lical KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Nice attention by staff and not rushed. Our entrees were yummy as expected and we will be back. A nice place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStellaDined on 6/15/2014We made reservations for 7:30 pm and were escorted to our table immediately. Each of us ordered a different entree and each us thought our meals were delicious. We had a leisurely dinner; we were not rushed at all! Staff was professional. Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwillbebackDined on 6/15/2014We have been going to Michael Timothy's for years. It has always been our "go to" restaurant. There is always something to new try yet can still have the old favorites. We always recommend to friends who ask "Where's a good place for dinner?" Food, cocktails and service always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MT Local is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014Went to MT Local for dinner Friday evening. The service was great, the waitress was knowledgeable, the food was well presented and excellent overall, and the wine choices we good, but not extensive. While a bit noisy, we could still converse well. Overall we got exactly what we expect when we go to MT Local, an excellent meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Brilliant As UsualBibsterDined on 6/7/2014I some times wonder why I even go to other restaurants. MT Local has been consistently great since it first opened. It's in a more casual format than when it opened as Michael Timothy's. I preferred it a bit more formal but it's still great. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was Outstanding, but...daviladcVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food was really good and the service was even better. Their "Bacon and Eggs" appetizer was a standout star. The Duck Ragout was also really good. My issue (with restaurants once again) is with their use of generic and low quality stemware. If you're going to charge me a 300% markup on wine, you BETTER provide proper stemware that is grape specific. It's hard to fully enjoy the wine when it's not in the correct glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemKWD14Dined on 5/16/2014Love the diversity of the crowd, the food and intimacy of the venue. Always a treat!Special Features:
- HungryFamilyDined on 5/15/2014Food was really great, and our waitress was attentive. Only complaints were a very limited menu (although everything was excellent), and it took almost an hour after appetizers for our meals to arrive. But it was a packed house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special treat for mother's dayHbigguyDined on 5/11/2014I took the Mrs. for brunch. For Mother's Day MT's did a buffet. Selections were all tasty, with the Chef out front, making sure there was proper quality and service. Due to the occasion it was really full, but we did not feel pressured to rush. Service was stellar. Some of the best item were the home fries, chicken marsala, and the breads. Chef had a duel carving station, with ham and roast beef, both of which were tasty. We did not try desserts as we were full from the other offerings. Cocktails and coffee were both excellent.Special Features:
- Main St gemlovetodineoutDined on 5/3/2014MT's Local is now another favorite main St dining spot. The inside was a bit noisy however the food and service were exceptional. Can't believe I waited so long to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014wonderful experience. We had no familiarity with the area and used open table. We were delighted. We are considering driving up again (90 min.) for dinner; charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointedRobSVIPDined on 4/4/2014Having been to MT's many times before I wanted to take my wife and a frend for dinner. My friend used to be a chef owner of a restauraunt in Chicago so I was looking for something I thought would be appropriate. Unfortunately MT's didn't deliver. The food, while creative in description was bland and uninspiring. Calamari app was undercooked (tough to send back when it is a fried dish). The swordfish entre was overcooked and the Gen Tao lobster was overly sweet (yes, sweet) from a sause that was over the top with Hoisin. The service, while pleasant, needs additional training. Having always liked MT's I hope that improvements can be made to this local gem.
- Great food, better serviceDougDined on 3/29/2014A favorite place of ours. As always, the good was great. As always, the service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in NHEpiceneVIPDined on 3/29/2014Level of service in New Hampshire generally is not up to world class standards, but this was. Great food, but even more uncommon for this area, the meal was actually very well timed and attentively served. A great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.