MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
212 Main St.
Nashua, NH 03060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeltimothys.com/
- Phone: 6035959334
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sun - Thurs 4:30pm - 9:30pm Fri & Sat 4:30pm - 10:30pm Lunch: Thurs, Fri & Sat 11:30 - 4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Buckley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
Welcome to MT's Local ~ Kitchen & Wine Bar, the new evolution of Michael Timothy's. We have an uncompromising passion for the quality of our product and hospitality. Our cuisine is chef inspired dishes with a creative twist to showcase the best of each product. Everything is made in-house utilizing the freshest ingredients and sourcing product from our abundant local resources. You will find a casual comfortable atmosphere in our dining room and wine bar to enjoy a meal with friends or celebrate a special occasion. Our menu is diverse offering salads, wood grilled pizzas, small plates and appetizers for lighter fare. Our wood grill imparts a unique flavor to our grilled meats and creative twists on meatloaf, pasta and pot roast are dishes you are sure to remember. We offer and extensive wine list of wine from around the world representing the best interpretation of each varietal. If reservations are booked please stop in as we only take limited reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Nashua ›
MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (17)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Celebrated Mom's BirthdaySCCCDined on 8/14/2014So good! You get what you pay for! Very impressed. Server was awesome as well.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2lizmitchDined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience. We told our waitress we were trying to get to a movie, she put our order right in to insure we would not be late. Service was great, dinner was divine. We will defiantly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was all perfectionlimegreen71Dined on 8/1/2014The duck ragout had the perfect storm of ingredients and phenomenal flavors. It was plated beautifully. Loads of water boys regularly circulating. The spinach dip was like non other....a gourmet version with fried pita triangles alone were amazing. Service was fast, and very mindful of us. Loved the whole place. Casual dress for very upscale food. Worth every dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotnhgeekDined on 7/31/2014We had lunch here with a friend. Our three selections were delicious, and the service was attentive yet unobtrusive. We were seated in the bar area; with only one other table occupied, the room was quiet, which made for easy conversation. Outside seating is also available. MT's is aesthetically pleasing and not pretentious, with what I would call a French country charm. It's a great place for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Fine dining, no fussinesskrishendraVIPDined on 7/21/2014From the warm, inviting service, to the expertly prepared courses, a first rate experience from start to finish. The only negative was the hostess who didn't greet me at the door or ask about my meal as she'd done with other tables. My server was knowledgable about the menu, friendly, and attentive. The food was beyond delicious; fresh and carefully attended to. Overall, a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant has a varied menu from sandwiches, salads, pizzas and main courses on the dinner menu. Our meals were fabulous - salmon, chicken and meat loaf. Our first time but certainly not our last at this local gem.Special Features:
- Worth recommending and returningUSAMarianoDined on 7/19/2014Very impressed with the menu, the quality of the food, the right portions. Delicious cappuccino and desserts. Extensive list of wines and great local beer selection.Special Features:
- Second time as good as firstFoodieDined on 7/11/2014No actually, our first experience at MT's Local was great and this was even better. Same wonderful waitress who was just the right amount of attentive. We were in a side dining room which was more private and the ambiance was "date night" perfect. lovely cocktails that were just off the beaten track enough to be memorable without being weird. The food was perfect. Do check out this Nashua NH gem!Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Outstanding service, what a pleasure. Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- MT's Local doesn't disappointJcubeNHDined on 7/1/2014My GF and I met for our first date here 2 years ago and we have been back a few times since then. They have great options for those with food allergies and diet restrictions. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLizzie225Dined on 6/29/2014Our server was excellent, attentive but not prone to hovering. All our food was wonderful as well. Most of the entrees were a little out of our budget, but it was good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatdieforcheeseDined on 6/21/2014Been many times and eaten inside, outside, and bar -- best in Nashua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Open TableCleoVIPDined on 6/19/2014We would not have eaten here if we had not seen this on your web site. Great food, excellent wait staff, comfortable place to dine!Special Features:
- MT's Lical KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Nice attention by staff and not rushed. Our entrees were yummy as expected and we will be back. A nice place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStellaDined on 6/15/2014We made reservations for 7:30 pm and were escorted to our table immediately. Each of us ordered a different entree and each us thought our meals were delicious. We had a leisurely dinner; we were not rushed at all! Staff was professional. Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwillbebackDined on 6/15/2014We have been going to Michael Timothy's for years. It has always been our "go to" restaurant. There is always something to new try yet can still have the old favorites. We always recommend to friends who ask "Where's a good place for dinner?" Food, cocktails and service always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MT Local is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014Went to MT Local for dinner Friday evening. The service was great, the waitress was knowledgeable, the food was well presented and excellent overall, and the wine choices we good, but not extensive. While a bit noisy, we could still converse well. Overall we got exactly what we expect when we go to MT Local, an excellent meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Brilliant As UsualBibsterDined on 6/7/2014I some times wonder why I even go to other restaurants. MT Local has been consistently great since it first opened. It's in a more casual format than when it opened as Michael Timothy's. I preferred it a bit more formal but it's still great. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was Outstanding, but...daviladcVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food was really good and the service was even better. Their "Bacon and Eggs" appetizer was a standout star. The Duck Ragout was also really good. My issue (with restaurants once again) is with their use of generic and low quality stemware. If you're going to charge me a 300% markup on wine, you BETTER provide proper stemware that is grape specific. It's hard to fully enjoy the wine when it's not in the correct glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemKWD14Dined on 5/16/2014Love the diversity of the crowd, the food and intimacy of the venue. Always a treat!Special Features:
- HungryFamilyDined on 5/15/2014Food was really great, and our waitress was attentive. Only complaints were a very limited menu (although everything was excellent), and it took almost an hour after appetizers for our meals to arrive. But it was a packed house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special treat for mother's dayHbigguyDined on 5/11/2014I took the Mrs. for brunch. For Mother's Day MT's did a buffet. Selections were all tasty, with the Chef out front, making sure there was proper quality and service. Due to the occasion it was really full, but we did not feel pressured to rush. Service was stellar. Some of the best item were the home fries, chicken marsala, and the breads. Chef had a duel carving station, with ham and roast beef, both of which were tasty. We did not try desserts as we were full from the other offerings. Cocktails and coffee were both excellent.Special Features:
- Main St gemlovetodineoutDined on 5/3/2014MT's Local is now another favorite main St dining spot. The inside was a bit noisy however the food and service were exceptional. Can't believe I waited so long to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014wonderful experience. We had no familiarity with the area and used open table. We were delighted. We are considering driving up again (90 min.) for dinner; charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 670 reviews are from the MT's Local Kitchen & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- DisappointedRobSVIPDined on 4/4/2014Having been to MT's many times before I wanted to take my wife and a frend for dinner. My friend used to be a chef owner of a restauraunt in Chicago so I was looking for something I thought would be appropriate. Unfortunately MT's didn't deliver. The food, while creative in description was bland and uninspiring. Calamari app was undercooked (tough to send back when it is a fried dish). The swordfish entre was overcooked and the Gen Tao lobster was overly sweet (yes, sweet) from a sause that was over the top with Hoisin. The service, while pleasant, needs additional training. Having always liked MT's I hope that improvements can be made to this local gem.
- Great food, better serviceDougDined on 3/29/2014A favorite place of ours. As always, the good was great. As always, the service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in NHEpiceneVIPDined on 3/29/2014Level of service in New Hampshire generally is not up to world class standards, but this was. Great food, but even more uncommon for this area, the meal was actually very well timed and attentively served. A great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still the onevoomelDined on 3/21/2014This is still a delicious place. I go every Friday night and sit at the bar. Gretchen the bartender is great and could not be better at anticipating what I feel like drinking. The food is consistently delicious especially the pizza. The special pizza's are worth trying. Great neighborhood place or great place to drive to...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!FoodieDined on 3/20/2014I stumbled across MT Local on my way through Nashua and decided to give it a try. What a delightful dining experience. It's not fancy- special occasion place, but rather a nice bistro- style atmosphere. The food was excellent- My dinner companion had the beef tournedos and ceasar salad- I had the scallops with zucchini pasta- and black bean soup. Several gluten free dishes on the menus. Nice options for smaller appetites on the menu. The pear martinis were excellent. Our waitress was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLsamaDined on 3/14/2014The vegetarian meatballs were perfection. Fabulous wine.Special Features:
- Consistently goodleanneDined on 3/1/2014One of our favorite local restaurants! Reservations are definitely needed, or plan on a long wait at the crowded bar area. Love that they will custom make whatever you want. Ingredients are seasonal and local whenever possible, so sometimes you can't get something if it's not in season ~ that's ok, even fresher! Consistently good meals and drinks, service is usually very good as well. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was looking for a new diningWeekendVIPDined on 3/1/2014I was looking for a new dining experience not all that far from home without city hassle. I found MT's Local Kitchen & Wine bar on Open Table. We arrived a bit early, which was good because parking was a challenge on Main St., Nashua, NH. Our table was ready at the designated time. Meghan was our waitress and was able to provide good information to every question we asked. Service was excellent and she followed our lead for timing. The restaurant was a good bit more casual than I expected, however there was a dining room side with white table cloths. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegularsFoodieDined on 2/16/2014This is my favorite restaurant outside of Boston. We can always expect the food to be delicious. From the wine, to the appetizers, our favorite pizza (carmelized onion, bacon and chicken) to the entrees and finally the dessert! It is always impeccable! Our service usually matches the food. We had our first bad service there ever. He was perfectly nice, but very inattentive. It took approximately 20 minutes from when we ordered our wine to when we received it. The bartender had to actually bring the wine to our server. Our pizza, usually hot when we get it was warm and completely cool by the time we started on our second piece. Once we got our dessert it was another 30 minutes before we had to get his attention so we could get the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentdatenightDined on 2/15/2014MT's Local never fails to disappoint. Everything is top notch from the dining and service to the ambiance. It is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, and what you pay for is excellence. 100% worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunchCuisine4usVIPDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere during the afternoon. Dinner here can get a bit crowded (still worth the wait)I would recommend this to a friend.
- NASHUA'S BEST FOR SPECIAL DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I have been a special occasion customer for many years and have never been disappointed. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was excellent. DefinitelyJoeMDined on 2/14/2014Server was excellent. Definitely added to the experience.Special Features:
- Great little restaurant findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I was looking for a special place to bring my wife for Valentine's Day. After some searching via OpenTable I came across MT's Local Kitchen and Wine Bar. The reviews were very positive so I took a chance. We were seated immediately. We waited a few minutes for our waitress to come by and take our drink order and then a few more minutes for our dinner order. The place was very busy but it was upbeat and manageable. Our appetizer of a crab cake was good, but not great. The middle was barely warm and it was generally bland. Our dinners, however, were excellent. Beef tournedos were excellent as well as my wife's scallops. We were in no rush and the waitress sensed this so we weren't rushed out which was nice. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as SuaualRichDined on 2/14/2014Frequent diner to MT's and both the food and the service is always exceptional! Would recomend it to anyone for any occasion!Special Features:
- Fantastic experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated immediately with a smile at a fantastic window table. The server was professional, friendly and made us feel at home from the start. The food was fantastic, the wine was perfect and the food exceeded our high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.