Mt. Fuji Sushi and Hibachi - Aurora
6100 S. Main Street
Aurora, CO 80016Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Mt. Fuji Sushi and Hibachi - Aurora
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fujiyamaco.com/
- Phone: 3036999388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Bob Xiao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu and sushi chef on site available.
- Entertainment: House Magicians Gene Gordon and Dennis Michael perform magic on Monday and Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30. By request only.
A word from Mt. Fuji Sushi and Hibachi - Aurora
Mt. Fuji-Aurora's menu specializes in exotic Japanese fare with a relentless emphasis on freshness. The hibachi chefs combine showmanship with culinary awe-- watch for the onion volcano--elevating every meal into a five star memory worthy of applause. Mt. Fuji-Aurora also has a sushi bar and an adjoining dining room that's better suited for quiet conversation. Lunch specials, including hibachi options, make Mt. Fuji a refreshing alternative.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mt. Fuji Sushi and Hibachi - Aurora reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- greatlovs2eatDined on 5/18/2014Great food great atmosphere. Wish they had the old lemon drop syrupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for all occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014We have been eating here for years, whether it's a date night, family in town, special occasion or just craving their yummy hibachi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Mt. Fuji Sushi and Hibachi - Aurora reviews archive.
- Noisey and unpreparedWineandDineDined on 4/4/2014I made reservations online for a hibachi table for a time slot that was available. I arrived 5 minutes early and was told there would be a 10 minute wait. Ten minutes later a large group was taken to a hibachi table and me & my date were left standing there. I was told it would about 15 more minutes. The host said I could have an immediate seat in the dining area so i would not have to wait. The point for my night there was to take my date to the hibachi table where he had never been. We settled for the dining area because i was hungry. On the hibachi side it was loud, groups were celebrating birthday's, chanting, yelling, screaming... and it echos in the restaurant so that was disturbing. I was very disappointed with this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night OutDenvergalDined on 3/29/2014We meet some friends out for dinner last Saturday night and we had a fun time at Mnt Fuji. We have been there many times. the food is very consistent, services is very good. We enjoy eating there, we generally dont have any surprises and thats a good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, as always. Hibachi chef show was a little shorter than usual...probably because of Valentine's Day crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and love theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Love the food and love the staff. But dislike the waiting area. It is too small and cold in winter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumtjepDined on 2/14/2014Good is cooked to your specifications, always too much for me, but if you have a big appetite you should be happy with what is served. Sushi is also great. A bit pricy, but in my opinion worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014I always love going to this Mount Fuji location. They have great sushi and customer service! I've been to the other locations and the food is definitely better here. I tried the hibachi here for the first time recently and our chef was great and the food was delicious. Whatever you do, save room for mochi ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greativorycjDined on 1/7/2014We visit this restaurant about half of our weekly date nights. They are often really busy, and have never missed a beat. We would definitely recommend them for couples (especially if you like to eat!), large groups, and even kiddos. Worth the extra $$$ vs. simple 'eating out'.Special Features:
- Good sushi and excellent serviceRicardoReyDined on 12/31/2013Although this restaurant is part of a small chain, it feels like our own, neighborhood restaurant. The management has been the same for several years and several of the waiters recognize us on sight. Try the hibachi for large groups or the dining room for excellent sushi - the portions are large, fresh and tender. We keep going back for the food, the service and the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveCarGalDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I wanted to go out for dinner for New Year's Eve. Decide to try a new restaurant and finally decided on Mt Fuji. We love hibachi cooking and that was the main reason of choosing this restaurant. While they have three different dining methods (sushi bar and regular dining), we were very pleased that we chose the hibachi. Also was very glad we made reservations. The place was packed but the host had us sitted within 10 minutes of our arrival. The table sits 9-10 so it would make a great place for a large group. There was so much delicious courses (soup, salad, shrimp and rice, and the main dish). Everything was great. I would highly recommend the steak and shrimp. Would I go there again? You bet!Special Features:
- The wait staff was very friendlyRyRyDined on 12/27/2013The wait staff was very friendly and the food was great. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time!DeeKaayDined on 12/23/2013This place is a lot of fun! Very entertaining and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRosteinDined on 11/30/2013There was a mix up with the reservation I made on line but they took care of it quickly . The chef was incredible and the kids always have a great time with the broccoli toss. The ice cream with happy birthday spelled out was a great surprise !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for Daughters B-Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Came for Daughters B-Day and left full, with fun filled memories around the Hibachi Table - we will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2013This place never disappoints. The staff is always very friendly and asks how your food is - which my answer is that its phenomenal every time. Cant say enough about this place. Since it is kind of expensive, my husband and I generally only go on each of our birthdays! :)Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday CelebrationFinkDined on 9/29/2013My family and I went to celebrate a birthday and we had a fantastic evening. The hibachi chefs are fun and make sure your food is made the way you like it, the servers are attentive, and the environment is nice. They also make a wonderful birthday treat for the birthday person. I love Mt. Fuji and will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish !ChoweyDined on 9/28/2013We went with friends and a gift card. We were so impressed with the quality of fish and the variety of their sushi menu. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I incurred a $35.00 tip freeMichaelDined on 9/27/2013I incurred a $35.00 tip free I wasn't prepared for. We had 6 adults and one baby.Special Features:
- BadFoodDined on 7/16/2013Not only did Mt Fugi forgot to apply open table so i did not receive my points which was why we went there the chicken was over cooked and dry. The restaurant was far from being full and the service was not good. One good thing they did do was give my parents a large plate that said "Happy Anniversary" with a small sundae on the plate. My family will not be going back.
- Had great time celebratingLikefunDined on 7/10/2013Had great time celebrating a couple of birthdays with friends and family.Special Features:
- Good food, no atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2013Good food, I would go back. Defintiely not a date place. More of a lets meet for lunch before we go shopping place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!QHgirlDined on 6/14/2013Six of us decided to get together for my birthday and we had a hankerin' for sushi. None of us had ever been to Mt. Fuji, so we decided to try it. It turned out to be a very good decision! I made the reservation online at Opentable, and the restaurant had a table ready for us. The service was great, food presentation and taste were amazing! We all plan to return! Thanks for a great birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Visited Mt. Fuji for hibachi on Mother's day. The service was friendly and attentive. Everyone from the 4-year old to the teen and especially Mom had a great time. The food was very good and the service staff and hibachi chef were great.Special Features:
- Great and fun place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Great and fun place to celebrate something fun and have fun. Ridiculously over priced.Special Features:
- Benihana prices but the HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Benihana prices but the Hibachi is not near as good. My family and I will make the decision to drive to Benihana next time we want Hibachi.
- Very over priced for the proportionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2013Very over priced for the proportions size. Expect to pay a lot for little food. Will not be going back!!!Special Features:
- I have nothing negative toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I have nothing negative to say about mnt. Fuji my family and I just love it. Nowhere can you get fresh food made for you right in front of you....this place it's GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- The service was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The service was absolutely terrible. It took 45 minutes after the waitress took our order for us to receive an appetizer. I asked the waitress to bring the manager over so I could complain about the slow service and she didn't make it to our table until 30 minutes later. Then we got some lame excuse about the cooks being overwhelmed in the back. I don't see how this was possible considering the restaurant was half full. We got to the restaurant at 7:30 pm and didn't leave until almost 9:30 and there were only two of us. The manager didn't seem to care very much about the slow service and she made no attempt to make it right by discounting our tab. In addition to this, the ambiance was not good either if you are planning a romantic evening.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I love Hibachi. We have been to many other restaurants like Mt Fuji and this one is right on par with the quality you get everywhere else! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- the food was great, the sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013the food was great, the sushi was excellent, service was great. All in all it was a great nightSpecial Features:
- Don't Bother Making a ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/29/2012Don't bother making a reservation, you will wait just like the walk-ins for a table. My group, including my 90 year old grandma, stood in a tiny and cramped waiting area for 25 minutes after our reservation time. The waiting area needs to be expanded before and reservations acknowledged property before I'd refer someone. BY THE WAY, THEY DO NOT ACCCEPT OPEN TABLE CHECKS. The hibachi is overpriced, but does taste good, and the chefs are alot of fun(partially made up for the initial irritation.
- Love the staff and the HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2012Love the staff and the Hibachi and Sushi are great. Very friendly and warm place to go enjoy a great meal.Special Features:
- We go here for special familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2012We go here for special family events. The kids love itSpecial Features:
- We had a 6:45 reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We had a 6:45 reservation and were not seated until after 7:15. The waiting area is way too small. While you are waiting and more people are pouring in to dine on a busy Friday night the people waiting to be seated actually overflow into the dining area and are on top of the diners. I felt uncomfortable, I can only imagine how the people eating felt. However, once we sat down and began our meal the food was good. I was disappointed that the hibachi chef nor any of the other staff asked if we were celebrating anything as we were there for my sons birthday. Other restaurants will generally ask when seating a party of our size. We had to let them know. Overall, the food was good and my son had a good dinner.
- Wonderful food and hibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012Wonderful food and hibachi chef was great. Only complaint...pretty high priced.Special Features:
- Loved the menu! Lot's ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Loved the menu! Lot's of choices. I you enjoy sushi, this is a real gem!Special Features:
- I would like to see childsydfostersVIPDined on 10/22/2012I would like to see child prices for lunch on the hibachi grill.Special Features:
- Very loud, couldn't visit21414Dined on 10/20/2012Very loud, couldn't visit with family across the table. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Mt. Fuji is ok, the only reasonJustokVIPDined on 10/19/2012Mt. Fuji is ok, the only reason we go there is its close to the house. For the price's they charge you can go to a much nicer place in Wash park like Sushi Den or Izakay Den which is about the same price but the food quality and service are night and day.