Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
10633 Westminster Blvd
Westminster, CO 80020Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: (720) 887-1188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Koichi Iwai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Mt. Fuji Hibachi offers authentic Japanese cuisine. Come join us, and our skilled chefs, at one of our 14 entertaining 'Hibachi' tables. Our dinners range from Vegetables and Tofu to Teriyaki Chicken, Premium cuts of Steak, and Succulent Lobster Tails, all cooked right in front of you! Our Sushi Bar offers Fresh Fish daily. If you prefer rolls, we have tantalizing specials like the Hanada Roll and the Green Devil Roll. From our top quality steaks to our fresh sashimi, Mt. Fuji Hibachi offers a memorable dining experience. Please note if you'd like to dine in the Sushi section or on a Hibachi table. Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Westminster ›
Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (14)good for groups (14)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Needs adults in-charge.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014HIbachi Chef and our Waitress were great. The hostess and the bar seemed like there were no adults in charge. Total disaster.Special Features:
- Love goingRobertDined on 11/15/2014Love going here whether it's dinner with the wife, or friends. Ask for Santos, best food and attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and SatisfiedFunandtastyDined on 11/7/201412 of us women went to Mt. Fuji last Friday night. A couple of them were tied up in traffic and the rest of us had to wait standing in the entrance. It would have been nice had we been able to be seated to wait for the others. Many of the women had never been there and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. They said they would definitely do it again and would bring their families. I have taken my family on many occasions and they have always enjoyed it. It is a fun and tasty experience!Special Features:
- AwesomeAngel2013Dined on 11/1/2014Birthday dinner for my daughter. Chef made it fun and it is always entertaining. Food was great!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014The meat was okay but our veggies were not very tasty. Have eaten here before, but was not thrilled with the value this time.Special Features:
- Great foodGizmoDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and lots of it, and the prices were reasonable. The kids had a Blast watching the "show". We had reservations for 6:30 and were not seated until 6:45 not a huge deal but with kids sitting in a waiting area with nothing to do or look at they got restless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MT. Fuji oldie but goodieAshmanr1Dined on 8/12/2014First time I've ever been there, and as you can see from the pictures on the walls, many A list celebrities have dined there over time. The food is still excellent and very much run by traditional Japanese folks. Although the food is more of a Japanese, Chinese fusion... Their strengths are their sushi bar and their hibachi. The restaurant itself could use an upgrading. The scenery is fantastic, however the décor feels like you have stepped back into the early 80's late 70's. You can tell its an older restaurant. I just think it could use a minor face lift. Overall a good experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too bright and packed like sardinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at dinner, and the food was good. Our chef was funny which was nice. The only thing i would say is that the room that we were in was bright and seemed too crowded. I went to Hibachi before, and it was dark and there were no groups beside us or behind us. It seemed more private which made it more enjoyable. At mt. fuji, it kind of felt like we were in a kids cafeteria.Special Features:
- horrible server experiencemissprissDined on 8/2/2014We have been here many times. This was the worst we ever had. The server never gave us refills. My daughter ordered sushi and chicken with rice. Everybody had their food cooked and was eating before the waitress even brought her sushi. The cook had to go get her rice. The other couple that was sitting with us ordered sushi also and they got theirs after the food was already cooked. The food was awesome the cook was awesome but service was HORRIBLE!The excuse was they were short handed. Well if that was the case they should have told us that my daughter was not going to get her food till we left. She didn't even get to eat she just brought it home. They didn't even offer a apology or to take it off our bill. I will think twice before we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and funscubagirl310Dined on 8/2/2014The food was fantastic. Our chef was energetic and entertaining. It is a family-friendly place with something for everyone. They have a full bar, imported beers and a decent sake list. We did not try the sushi on this visit but will be back. It looked fabulous! Overall we rate Mt. Fuji 4 solid stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I recently took my daughter and son-in-law there for supper. They do not have kids and nor do they want kids. Our table was full of kids and the entire supper display was child-like. I wish there could be a CHOICE of whether or not you sit at a table with families with kids or not. It ruined the supper really. The food was good but it was just focused on pleasing little kids.Special Features:
- The following 197 reviews are from the Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse reviews archive.
- It's ok...TrvlFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I was craving teppanyaki so we went here for dinner. Decor leaves a lot to be desired as it seemed much more of a casual restaurant than others that I've been to. We waited quite a long time for our chef to come out. However, the manager took 25% off the check without anyone at the table prompting. When he did, he was a little funny but didn't do many of the usual tricks, and the food seemed ok but missing some of the flavor I'm used to. Overall it was just ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic.darenm91VIPDined on 7/2/2014The sushi was good and service was fun. Overall, this place is not great and it's not bad....it's just basic.Special Features:
- Always a fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014Food is excellent, our chef was very funny & entertaining. Only complaint is that at first glance they appear to be affiliated with the Pearl st location, same name, etc, but they are two independently operated restaurants & the Westminster location does not offer the 2/$30 deal on Sun & Mon. My own fault I guess for not reading the fine print of the ad, but it would be nice if they offered a similar deal :) still cheaper than Benihana, & just as good in my opinion. I will definitely be back, they have turned my corn-fed Nebraska boyfriend into a sushi lover!!Special Features:
- Mother's DayMtfujiMothersdayDined on 5/11/2014It was good, and the person manning the Hibachi did a great job and everything was cooked well.Special Features:
- Santos is Awesome!!!WickedtundraDined on 5/10/2014I know getting your favorite chef at Hibachi grill is super difficult but if the owner could clone Santos, his revenue would quadruple. My family and I are frequents guests and Santos by far and away is the best cool/entertainer there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Our kids love this place because the chef keeps them entertained and they like to watch the food be prepared.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatSorrow72Dined on 5/2/2014I would have to say that this restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat. The food is delicious, the service is amazing, and the chefs are very talented. Love going there for special occasions and just to have a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The service was amaing! The server always made sure we were satisfied & the cook was perfect! Not only was his food delicious but he made jokes that made me laugh the whole time! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinealotVIPDined on 4/26/2014We arrived for our reservation and was told that there would be a 15 minute wait. We waited past our 15 minutes and when we inquired we were told it would be another 15 minutes. When my husband spoke with the manger he was told that a reservation did not guarantee that we would be seated at the time that we requested. Once we were seated (30 minutes past our reservation time) we waited another 20 minutes after our soup/salad because the other group at our table requested another chef after one chef arrived and was ready to cook our meals. That delayed our meal another 20 minutes which was very poor service on the restaurants part to allow customers to request a chef after we had been waiting.Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerThankYou2Dined on 4/26/2014Awesome thank you, great supper, awesome atmosphere and service!Special Features:
- First time hereDoghamDined on 4/3/2014Reserved table for 6 at 06:45pm. Arrived at 06:35pm for check in and of course was told it would be a minute, which was fine, but you could see the place was maybe 25% full. Other parties started to come in and check in as walk-ins and were also told to wait a minute, but when they they were ready to start seating people they seated the 5 - 6 groups that came in after us. Finally we were seated and then we were greeted for drinks, orders etc. Everyone in our party ordered something off the hibachi grill and our "chef" did a good job. The rice was very good, the vegetables were cooked well and we were able to have Shrimp, Chicken, Steak and Salmon in our party. All were tasty. Food was good, but service needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best hibachi cook is Santos!!!shorchemVIPDined on 3/27/2014The best hibachi cook is Santos!!! He loves groups and is very friendly. We love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little too loudbearcubbrVIPDined on 3/15/2014While going to a Japanese Steakhouse (in America) is often a someone more loud than an average table for two restaurant, Mr. Fuji is quiet a loud dinning room. The more boisterous the customers for the evening are, the louder the dining area becomes. One recommendation I would make is to incorporate some sound control fabrics or other devices to absorb the high volume of the room. Beyond the room noise, the service is always excellent and clientele vary depending on the evening. Everything from Families celebrating birthdays to exaggerated young 20 somethings attempting to outperform each other socially.Special Features:
- Fun for a birthdayKellyVIPDined on 3/11/2014The experience was overall a good one but compared to other Japanese steakhouses, the ambiance was a little lacking. I was really bright in the restaurant. The bus boy could have cleared the table in a more timely fashion for the next round of food but that was not a deal killer for me. I would go back.Special Features:
- Food was tasty, but we didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food was tasty, but we didn't feel like it was the best of deals, could have gotten more of the food we wanted with less cost due to the appetizers/salad/dessert, we were really just interested in the main courses. Overall, it was good but we'd rather spend $30/person elsewhere.Special Features:
- Stupendous secret hideaway surpriseSofieschoiceDined on 2/23/2014I went with four adults and one child on a Sunday at 11:30 AM. Let me start with service they were excellent! Then let's go to the chef who was a Caucasian (!). As far as tricks go he was superb as far as cooking goes excellent!! The chefs sense of humor was unmatched And I have been in several several hibachi style restaurants across the entire country over the years!! i would highly recommend this to anyone the price is only half of Benihana's with twice the ambience and twice the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR GROUP had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We went for Restaurant week and was very happy with everything. Great food -great price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAnnaDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I had a great experience dining at Mt. Fuji. The food was great and very filling. The chef was really fun and kept us involved while he cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbieFoodforthoughtDined on 2/22/2014We were new to this restaurant and it would have been nice if the waitress would have explained everything that was going to happen that night. Instead, she took our orders and we were left to guess what was coming next. She took forever to get us our drinks from the bar as well as refills for our sodas. I am not sure I would try this place again...
- Its a hibachiPaulDined on 2/22/2014This was my wife and I's first time to Mt Fugi. We were welcomed and seated relatively quickly as it was during restaurant week. They were very busy and the service was a little slow but not horrible. Our chef was great. There were some mistakes but our dinner was good. We had sushi which was tasty but nothing spectacular. We will probably return at some point.Special Features:
- Good food and service but rushedDaveDined on 2/22/2014As the title of this review states, the food and service were very good. However, the hurried pace was less than confortable. The chef was more personable than most I have seen and his skills were excellent and entertaining. At the end of the meal we felt rushed to leave so they could seat another group. This is enough of an issue for me not to return.Special Features:
- Chef could've been more energeticKtladyDined on 2/15/2014Chef could've been more energetic and interactive. Not as fun as the other chefs I saw at other tables. Also, he kept referring to my son as a "she" somewhat irritating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse was a good restaurant but could use some improvement. They have two running list for customer waiting to be seated, one paper the other on the computer, and these two list do not communicate with each other. So there were some confusion as to when we were going to be seated. The food was good and service was fine. The noodles was a little salty and overcooked, but everything else was find. The chief could have been a little more interactive like the others. Overall I think it's a good restaurant to go to, especially for family with little ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for reserved tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Waited an hour and a half to be seated, after our reservation, was very frustrated by the time we were seated, but our chef.was fantastic. So it made it a better. Food was great as always.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We continue to eat at Mt FujiRonJDined on 2/14/2014We continue to eat at Mt Fuji as the food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- My ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I love this restaurant!! The only problem is that they pack in you like sardines!! So when there are just two of you, you get very close to your neighbor, whom you don't know, and when he is left handed, made it very awkward to eat!Special Features:
- DON'T TRY THIS PLEASE!!karenpeachDined on 2/8/2014Well I do like that you are able to make the resevation over the phone, however we still waited another twenty minutes. This restaurant is very noisy and crowded and you feel crushed together. The food was just so so. They serve these noodles that are just awfull. They also serve the rice which was good. Their salad dressing was gross. Too much starch with the noodles and rice. The stir fried vegies were good though. The service was grea, quich and friendly. Overall I'd skip this place.Special Features:
- nemos dadGoleighVIPDined on 1/11/2014my boyfriend and I came here for a date night and it was fantastic! The food was amazing. The cooks were a awesome and very friendly. We made a reservation in the parking lot and got sat within 10 minutes. Cook puts down a piece of salmon "this is Nemo." He then lays down another piece "this is Nemos dad"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible service.KourtDined on 1/11/2014I was upset with the service of the restaurant. I made reservations for 7 people at 7:30 pm. The entire party was together by 7:35 and we still did not get our table until 8:15pm. What is the point of making reservations if the hosting staff does not have it together. I registered with a lady and then had to re-register because the first lady overlooked us or something. There was definitely a communication gap with the staff. Once we were finally sat, it took the waiter 10 minutes to come to the table just for drink order. Finally by 9pm we were eating. The food was good, nothing amazing compared to other hibachi restaurants that I have been to before. The service really put a damper on the evening.Special Features: