1090 Sam Rittenberg Boulevard
Charleston, SC 29407Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://msroses.com/
- Phone: 8437660223
- Hours of Operation:
Open at 11:00 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ms. Rose's
Ms. Rose's Fine Food and Cocktails, West Ashley's hottest new restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ms. Rose's - Best Restaurants in West Ashley ›
Ms. Rose's reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (15)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never DisappointsLocalVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ms. Rose's, once again, lived up to my expectations! We always enjoy whatever we select and this visit was no different. Food at Ms. Rose's is always phenomenal and service is always impeccable. I'm sad to say that this may be our last visit to Ms. Rose's for quite some time as we find ourselves relocating at the end of this week. I will always look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceLiveLoveFoodDined on 9/12/2014I visited Ms. Rose's for the first time and enjoyed every minute of it. The atmosphere was great, the food was phenomenal, and the service was extraordinary. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellentDav033107VIPDined on 9/9/2014This was our first time to the restaurant. Enjoyed the Restaurant week menu, great price for good food. Plus, our waiter was excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great time!PmsheltonDined on 9/5/2014We have been twice now and both times were with larger groups ( 6 and 8). Service has been spot-on and the food delicious both times. Definitely our new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms. Rose's is a SWEET escapethedivasophiacDined on 9/1/2014Tucked behind Charleston Oaks, just off Sam Rittenberg and a stone's throw from I-26, Ms. Rose's is a great place to sit back, enjoy great food and escape the doldrums of summer (or fall, winter or spring!). The Beatnik Martini (beet infused vodka with Ginger beer & cucumber garnish) was refreshingly sweet with a ginger tang on the back-end. The boiled peanuts with Old Bay were a great starter and the Meatloaf sandwich with BBQ sauce, coleslaw and grilled rye was just the comfort food I was looking for. The service was great and the mosaic on the back wall of the dining area is something to behold ...Don't miss this GEM of West Ashley!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!ThatGirlDined on 8/23/2014Old favorites with new flair is the best way to describe this hip place. The ambiance was a delightful surprise very chic. The service was friendly, fast, and efficient. I had fried chicken with a grilled and seasoned corn on the cob. WOW! My only regret is that we live 450 miles away from this restaurant... I want more corn :-)Special Features:
- Good music, good foodfollygirlDined on 8/22/2014We enjoy going to see the Gin House Boys Their volume is fine but on a Friday there is quite a bit of other noise that makes it hard to converse. The food is much better than bar food and specials are interestingly innovative. Service has always been very good.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingOliRobVIPDined on 8/20/2014Have had brunch and lunch here several times. They have all been good experiences. The staff is great about accommodating my request to sit in the bar area of the restaurant. The bartender is a gem. She is fantastic at preparing our adult beverages, serving our meals, and sharing her dry wit.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Luv2wineDined on 8/18/2014Super friendly hostess and waitstaff is top notch. Half price burgers and brews on Monday. Creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FABulous Time!SeaStarArtsDined on 8/10/2014Lunch with the entire family on a Sunday? No problem! Happy Service and amazing food as always - I cannot imagine a better place in all of Charleston to eat and spend time with important people!Special Features:
- Always a TreatLocalVIPDined on 8/10/2014Ms. Rose's is a favorite and has been since they opened the doors. The food is always top notch and more than enough! I always recommend Ms. Rose's to anyone looking for a good spot for a meal.Special Features:
- Wanted my money backeatenalloverchucktownDined on 8/2/2014The quality of the food was subpar. The best thing about the shrimp and grits was the grits. The sauce and other topping were bland and unappealing. My wife ate only a third of hers', it was so bad. We will never go there again.
- OutstandingMimi53Dined on 7/29/2014So glad that we chose to try out Ms. Rose's to celebrate my granddaughter's 1st birthday. It was an awesome experience. Food was great, atmosphere was great and the hospitality was wonderful. Prices are reasonable. We will definitely be returning. I am giving great recommendations for others to check out Ms. Rose's. A BIG thank you to all the staff for your Great accommodations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBob4VIPDined on 7/27/2014Fine Sunday brunch experience for our group of five. Food and service top notch our reserved table was ready early and no problem with us straggling in one or two at a time. My shrimp and grits were perfect and nothing but good comments form the others. This was my fourth visit to Rose's and each a very good experience. This is a well appointed comfortable restaurant with plenty of parking. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningPatrickVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ms. Rose's is a wonderful place to have a very nice meal at a good price and wonderful service. Try the Fried Chicken, it is done right, crispy and not a bit oily!Special Features:
- Very GoodJSpencerDined on 7/16/20146 person group; I had the chicken breast. Seasoned very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLinked2uDined on 7/13/2014Mrs Roses on a Sunday evening was a great idea. The food was creative and delicious, the waiter was attentive and offered really wonderful suggestions. I would go again and invite friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAzfoodie2405Dined on 7/11/2014A great taste of the south. We stopped on the way out of town and left with a great memory of southern hospitality and new knowledge of what fried buttermilk chicken is supposed to taste like! We will be back someday hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was deliciousGabeDined on 7/6/2014Had the mushroom and ham omelet with cheesy grits. It was really good. The abundant serving meant I had to take one half home with me. As far as the restaurant goes, it was clean and the servers were all friendly and efficient. Nice place to go when you need a break from cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChileDined on 6/29/2014The food was great. Our waitress was outstanding in friendliness, neatness and service. We really loved the décor. Will definitely recommend Ms. Rose.. As a matter of fact, we already did. Will try dinner next time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Unpleasant but Not SpectaculargbnflDined on 6/29/2014The hostess was wonderful, seated us right away & we had no issues with that. However, it took a very long time for our waitress to come to even take a drink order. It was such a long wait time that the hostess ended up returning to our table to obtain our drink order. Although I enjoyed what I had for brunch, I felt the menu was very limited especially in the "appetizer" area. There wasn't many choices for an ala carte side or an appetizer to split. Of course because this was the brunch menu, so I can't speak to what the other dinner session menus look like. Our waitress continued to be very delayed throughout the brunch. I wasn't so excited about this service, although she was not unfriendly. The food was acceptable but not outstanding.Special Features:
- World Cup Game? Go Elsewhere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2014I have been to Ms. Rose's before - the food is outstanding and the service is normally pretty good. One would think having the bar as the focal point of the restaurant & numerous TVs everywhere, it would be a prime location for World Cup game viewing. The hostess sat us in a less than great spot to watch the game & we had to request the channel be changed to ESPN. The larger screens had a huge glare from the sun and the smaller screens are placed so high, you get a neck ache. Similarly, other patrons had issues with their seating arrangements for the game. Definitely won't go back to watch USA take on Portugal or Germany.Special Features:
- Very good Father's Day brunch!ExcellentVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a very good Father's Day brunch at Ms. Roses. The biscuits were the best I have ever had. As well the corn beef has was excellent. I did feel the horseradish cole slaw was just ok. The service was very good. I want to rate it 4.5 stars overall but that isn't an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place with great foodRobertinChasVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had a great meal and great service. The only downside is that the beautiful design of the restaurant makes it very noisy. Taking that into account I will definitely go back. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great findGFdinerDined on 5/28/2014Excellent food and service. I must eat Gluten Free and the gluten free rolls were the best I ever had. All gluten free items are clearly marked on the menu. I rarely get to have soup out but I had the chicken soup which tasted homemade. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. We will definitely be going back to Ms. Rose's.Special Features:
- great brunchceedubDined on 5/25/2014We were looking for something different for Sunday brunch - really funky atmosphere and the food was great. Best boiled peanuts I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the Ms. Rose's reviews archive.
- Average bar sceneMachessVIPDined on 5/17/2014One short rib and mashed potatoes for $20. My wife had the shrimp and grits which was the disappointment of the night. The shrimp tasted "iodiney" and my wife could not eat. Second time there and second problem. Definitely NO third strike. They're out!Special Features:
- Great customer service.TaterDined on 5/17/2014We went Saturday eve(5/17). First timers. We sat back by the "wall". A must see-really. All the entrees were very good(especially the fried chicken/ribs) except for mine:(. I ordered the butcher cut steak. Cooked perfectly-but tough as nails. Sent it back and got the stuffed oysters-they were great. I think the best part of the experience was when the manager came to the table(twice) to make things right-and she did. I highly recommend without reservation.Special Features:
- Good food, poor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my family and mother-in-law out for Mothers Day dinner, table for five. With plenty of empty tables available, our hostess put us beside a party of twelve, including several babies. I should have asked to be moved. Our "neighbors" were very nice but a lot of up and down walking the tots became distracting. My chair must have been in the walkway because I got bumped three times and my son once. I enjoy eating at Mrs. Roses but will think twice next time I take the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablemom2006Dined on 5/10/2014This was my first time visiting Ms. Rose's. I took my mom there for mother's day brunch. We really enjoyed ourselves. It was pleasant to walk in and see smiling faces and service quickly. The food portion was amazing. The only downside I have for the food is the fries were a little too salty but still good. I will definitely visit again and recommend this spot of all different occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeEllieDined on 5/3/2014We often bring visiting friends to this restaurant, and it never disappoints. Dirty rice fritters, burgers and shrimp and grits are ALWAYS delicious. I have previously had fried chicken and fish, which were really good. I had the crispy fish this time, which was still good but a little disappointing compared to other meals. Desserts also fantastic! Service and ambience are great. I always recommend it, and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!!L14DCDined on 4/29/2014WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICE! ALL SERVERS ARE GREAT W/ SPECIAL ORDERS AND SUGGESTIONS.. ITS A RANDOM LOCATION ON THE SIDE OF SAM RITTENBURG DR AND CAN BE EASILY MISSED. NOTE WORTHY ITEMS ARE MARKET FISH, KALE, STUFFED OYSTERS, CHEESECAKE AND GINGER MARTINISSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageLane0115VIPDined on 4/26/2014Unfortunately this hidden little spot missed the mark. Their food is just ok. In charleston, "just ok" food will never last. It was not a bad experience at all, but rather just ok, meaning I would likely pick something else. Cocktails were horrible. Apps were the only good thing. Mains were average (don't waste your time with their biscuits).Special Features:
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2014Tomato cucumber mozzarella salad was the best I've had. Butternut squash was somewhat soupy in consistency and not sweet, but enjoyable. Butcher's steak was cooked to order and flavorful, but chewy rather than tender. My wife had gnocchi, which she described as tasty and outstanding. The service was good. The noise level was moderately loud, despite restaurant's not being full, which I find distracting when trying to talk across the table. Price was moderate. Overall, our visit was positive, and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrysgirlDined on 4/24/2014Love Mrs. Rose's! Always good food, always good service.Special Features:
- Great Monday Night Happy HourPamkDined on 4/21/2014Monday happy hour can't be beat! $3 draught beer and 1/2 price burgers. Yum, and the service is excellent to boot!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchPatrickVIPDined on 4/20/2014Ms. Rose's Easter Brunch was outstanding! We were seated right away and the staff was wonderful even though the resturant was full. The food was timely and we all were memebers of the happy and clean plate club.Special Features:
- Great brunch!CaseyDined on 4/20/2014This is the second time that we went for brunch and it is once again superb! The food is great, service is wonderful and the prices are reasonable especially considering the caliber of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEllieDined on 4/19/2014We brought visiting friends for our second visit to ms Rosie's. Food is excellent in a very fun atmosphere. Service was great too. Absolutely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good I ate there 2 nights!CopperDined on 4/15/2014I live in Atlanta, GA and was in town on business. My friend's recommended Ms. Rose's and we met up there for dinner. Great food and great service. So good in fact that the very next night I took my client there for dinner as well.Special Features: