Mr. Peeples Houston
1911 Bagby Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mr. Peeples Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mrpeeples.com/
- Phone: 713-652-0711x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-W 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Th-Sa 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch Closed. Brunch will reopen soon.
Happy Hour M-Th 4-7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pedro Silva, Angel Rios
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Pierce St. in Midtown
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Mr. Peeples offers valet parking. There is also a parking garage directly across the street from the venue, on Bagby St. Midtown has multiple parking options including many parking garages and street parking. Arrive early for optimal parking experience.
For map and directions, please visit: http://mrpeeples.com/maps-directions
A word from Mr. Peeples Houston
Mr. Peeples is the stylish alternative to the traditional steakhouse and specializes in world fusion seafood and steaks. It was built within the walls of the 1950s era Boy Scout Building, but has been fully updated and redesigned. The walls are accented with graffiti art and a unique lighting design. The culinary team is led by Chefs Pedro Silva and Angel Rios. Peeples features an underground sheik lounge on the basement level, the five star restaurant on the ground level, and event and private dining space on the second story. Mr. Peeples is located in the heart of Midtown, in Houston, TX.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Mr. Peeples Houston - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Mr. Peeples Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)romantic (114)good for groups (90)hot spot (78)fit for foodies (69)vibrant bar scene (49)great for brunch (46)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (35)late-night find (34)great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent Food, Hit or Miss ServiceBlueNellyDined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I decided to try out Mr. Peeples after she saw it one week at work. The Outside and inside décor are very nice and ultimately lead you to feel like you're dining in a fine restaurant akin to Brenner's on the Bayou or Hugo's. Very elegant and hip. The food was exceptional and cooked perfectly. I had the beef medallions and the lady had the salmon steak. The chefs definitely know what they're doing on both sides of the fence. The cocktails were very well mixed and had just enough kick without the alcohol bite. Very well done. Our service started off exceptionally bad, but after conveying our situation to the management they quickly replaced the wine salesmen with a very professional waiter who did an exceptional job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit and everything was outstanding. Beautiful place and the food was divine, will highly recommend this place and will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Great lunch menu, great food, great service in a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatymonDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and the waitstaff was very attentive. The waiter offered us several daily specials and did a good job of recommending items from the menu. The menu is varied and offers up entrees, entree salads and sandwiches. All the food was good, not stupendous. The ambience was nice; good music and decorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Mr. PeeplesDrBobDined on 10/3/2014Excellent service and food. Had the large filet, medium rare and bacon wrapped fingerling potatoes. Steak was "melt-in-your-mouth" tender. Also, great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Excellent!tiffmooseVIPDined on 9/29/2014Excellent food & service plus the place is beautifully decorated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing nightamazingDined on 9/27/2014The food was Amazing!!!!! we had such a great time loved everything about this restaurant. Highly recommended for couples night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicedmacDined on 9/27/2014The food is good and the service is great! The portions served are generous and should be for the price.The ambiance is nice and you have to go and check it out. I am sure you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypeTCH08Dined on 9/26/2014Went on a Friday evening with my husband. We knew about the dress code prior to visiting so we were prepared. When we pulled up to the valet (only option) we saw a couple that did not (in our opinion) meet the minimum standard. They were turned away at the door and yelled at the "bouncer" while we were permitted entry. We were promptly seated and the venue was not crowded to our surprise. Our waiter was either new or nervous. He told me a wine that was listed wasn't available w/o checking and was. We ordered salad, soup, entrées and wine. The wine and table pretzel bread was the best. Entrée were very bland, especially the mac and cheese and pork chop. Bill was over $100 for the two of us and just okay. Will not return.Special Features:
- Great food.DemoyaDined on 9/22/2014The food was exceptional at this place, a little pricey i think, but good nonetheless. My server had a great attitude and was just pleasant the entire time. I will definitely go back. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceILoveFoodAllDayVIPDined on 9/19/2014Recommended by a co-worker and did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. They were able to make adjustments to the mac & cheese to cater to my son's request, a true testament to their customer service. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Different experienceSRH0825Dined on 9/19/2014This was my 2nd time dining at Mr. Peeple's. This time was not nearly as enjoyable as the first. I dined with two friends. Several of the dishes, lobster and crab bisque, mushroom risotto, mac and cheese, were very dense and heavy laden. There should be a creaminess to each of those dishes and it was not present. One of my friends ordered the Snapper and it was cooked much too long. She ate around it. Both friends ordered the carrot cake and it came out warm which was off-putting. We loved the ambiance and were surprised more people weren't there but then after we ate we understood why. We have not given up and will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's Bday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food was really delicious & pipping hot! I ordered the snapper on a bed of sautéed vegetables. Even though, I'm not heavy on Brussels sprouts, they were very tasty. My husband ended up getting one of the specials with Koby steak; it was good but not $70 worth. I would suggest asking for special prices. But food excellent other than that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!!Kimbo23Dined on 9/11/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and the service was amazing. I'm a fitness competitor so I'm limited to what I can eat, basically I just wanted to get grilled chicken breast and veggies. I called ahead and asked if they could modify their pistachio chicken dish to just make it without pistachio's and I was told it should not be a problem. Once we arrived and were seated my waitress already knew my special request from the menu and was very nice about it. My boyfriend also enjoyed his meal which was the lobster risotto and they provided complimentary dessert for his birthday. We both enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service!!Special Features:
- Nelson's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Live band was dull. They sounded like a River Dance band.Special Features:
- Night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Our night out with friends at Mr. Peeples was just ok. Server not very knowledgable, they didn't have two of our wine selections and the ambiance was just ok. We were a group of five and all food choices were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSRH0825Dined on 8/31/2014When we first walked in to the restaurant, the vibrant colors and decorations took us by surprise, but not in a bad way. As we walked to our table we noticed most of the other tables were occupied by groups for 5 of more. While we were expecting the dinner menu, because of the hour, 3:45, and day, Sunday, we were brought the brunch menu. The biscuits and blueberry muffins were absolutely delicious and the strawberry fluff was a great addition. The brunch was the standard fair and was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great times to be had....lesaDined on 8/31/2014Made reservations when table was available??? However baffled to see sooooo many empty tables..Came for dinner not realizing we could only have brunch?? Waiter was superb. Took care of our every need. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My dad and I went to dinner for Houston Restaurant Week. The selections on the menu were great and we sampled awesome dishes. The space is great for a date night with your special someone or somewhere for you and your family or friends to celebrate a special event. We enjoyed the food and our waiter Cameron was very attentive. I am not a wine connoisseur, but he gave me a great recommendation and I enjoyed my selection. I have told everyone with an ear about my experience and encouraged them to try it as well. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jekyll and Hyde ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I booked a table for 6 for Houston Restaurant Week for my meetup group. We ended up with a larger number or RSVP's than expected so we ended up with 8 people sitting at one table, and the other 7 in my party decided to eat at the bar. The restaurant staff was very accommodating, the food was great, and all was well. The party of 7 at one table got their checks split, paid and left happy. The table of 8 however was shocked that the manager refused to split checks, was rude, yelling, and threatened to call the police. Why one table was allowed to split checks and the other wasn't I have no idea, and why the manager who was so helpful before was so incredibly rude all of a sudden, I don't know, but we won't be returning, and that's a shame.Special Features:
- First timerDreyRaDined on 8/29/2014It was our first time eating here. I just want to say that the food was amazing. The staff is very friendly and great. We will be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DeseraDined on 8/29/2014I came here for my birthday dinner I loved from the time we pulled up! It's so beautiful! From the fire on the patio to the velvet room at the entrance to the lighting! Service was excellent on the drinks were refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown FindRikkiBDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious. We participated in the Houston Restaurant Weeks lunch menu. The poblano pepper soup was ok, the pork chop was tender and juicy. The dessert was nothing to write about.Special Features:
- A+QnessDined on 8/28/2014With an impeccable combination of décor, service, and appetite fulfillment I will definitely be back. I have been wanting to come here, sad to say it took so long to come. Well worth the wait. Oh id also like to bring attention to the bar staff. Cocktail creativity, friendliness, and good looks(: all play factors in me checking out the bar again.. soon.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 8/28/2014Great food! Waiters were excellent! Came during restaurant week in August. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Ambiance was beautiful, the food was amazing! Will definitely return. I've already recommended it to several people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food and service at this restaurant was average. However, the wait for our table was a lot longer than we would've hoped, especially for a reservation. The wait was so long we started to lose our appetite from being so hungry that by our food arrived we couldn't enjoy it as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitVIPDined on 8/27/2014The four of us in our party enjoyed the Houston Restaurant 4 course menu very much. The crab cakes, lobster/crab bisque, salmon, and deserts were exceptional and the portions were just right. Very good service added to our enjoyment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy serviceMikeucvDined on 8/27/2014I was here for restaurant week. The food was excellent. the restaurant is high class and very well decorated. My only problem was our waiter, it was obviously not his day and it showed during our meal. He couldn't care less about us. He would just walk by our table time after time and not even give us a look. Only after we insisted, we could order our food. The rest of the staff was great. I would definitely go back again. just hope we get a different waiter.Special Features:
- solikeleeDined on 8/27/2014The décor is great, food was so-so but I also went during HRW so it is worth a shot for me to try it again when the menu is pre-selected. The server was very weird. He made my client very uncomfortable, which made the business meeting and dining experience go south. I will try the restaurant again, with hopefully a different waiter.Special Features:
- great place to gohateditDined on 8/26/2014We had a really great time @ the restaurant! However, we were not informed about the $8 parking fee! Valet and parking should be complimentary especially when using handi cap parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRWYummyDined on 8/26/2014I went for HRW, and was impressed by the HRW menu, the regular menu, the decor and staff. Enjoyed the crabcake appetizer and the pork chop and chipotle mac and cheese, all very tasty. We planned our next visit to Mr. Peeples before we finished lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. PeeplesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Ambiance was amazing, food was great and decor was beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Fundayeat2liveDined on 8/24/2014Loved the mini muffins and the French Toast was excellent. Our server, Stacy, was very attentive and very nice. Cool vibe and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost5RWding2Dined on 8/24/2014Would have given 5 stars but we had a little non cooperative from Jason, however he did change his uncooperative attitude fairly quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!LadyofthelakeDined on 8/23/2014Fun #GNO for my friends and myself. Great food and wine was fantastic. Will be coming back soon to enjoy the patioSpecial Features:
- a cruise ship on landKML111111VIPDined on 8/21/2014My sister and I ate at Mr. Peeples during Houston Restaurant Weeks. I hate to be harsh in these reviews, but Mr. Peeples is basically a cruise ship on land. Cheesy atmosphere and mediocre food in my opinion. We also had a reservation and weren't seated until almost an hour after our reservation time (my pet peeve). Also $8 required valet annoys. Upsides were the restaurant week menu was appealing and the service was good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food. Good Service.HoustonEatsDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner during restaurant "week" so it may not be entirely representative. It was also our first time visiting Mr. Peeples. However, we found the food to be excellent, the service quick, responsive, and professional (although a bit familiar for our taste) and the restaurant to be interesting and fun. We enjoyed the restaurant week menu and augmented it with some items off the regular menu. We had both steak and seafood and both were high quality and prepared very well. The fried brussels sprouts and carrot cake "twinkies" were stand-outs. All in all, a very good experience. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Meh.EKHoustonDined on 8/21/2014It wasn't BAD, it just wasn't good. The decor was flashy, but cheap. For example: the lighting had plastic accents instead of crystal or glass. I commend the apparent effort, it's just unfortunate the effort fell so far short. If the food was awesome, the surroundings wouldn't have mattered. But the food rated from only from "passable" to "good at best."Special Features:
- Underwhelming and OverpricedtxaggieDined on 8/21/2014The food was ehhh, service was pretty dismal. It took a very long time to get drinks and between each course. The waiter acted like we were a burden to him for being there. For the price, I would expect a restaurant to have outstanding service and they just dont. Also valet was $8 and they didnt even walk up to my car... I just self parked and then had to pay $8. I wont be going back and will recommend to my friends who have been wanting to check it out, not to bother.