Mr. Peeples Houston
1911 Bagby Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mr. Peeples Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mrpeeples.com/
- Phone: (713) 652-0711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-W 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Th-Sa 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch Closed. Brunch will reopen soon.
Happy Hour M-Th 4-7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pedro Silva, Angel Rios
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Pierce St. in Midtown
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Mr. Peeples offers valet parking. There is also a parking garage directly across the street from the venue, on Bagby St. Midtown has multiple parking options including many parking garages and street parking. Arrive early for optimal parking experience.
For map and directions, please visit: http://mrpeeples.com/maps-directions
A word from Mr. Peeples Houston
Mr. Peeples is the stylish alternative to the traditional steakhouse and specializes in world fusion seafood and steaks. It was built within the walls of the 1950s era Boy Scout Building, but has been fully updated and redesigned. The walls are accented with graffiti art and a unique lighting design. The culinary team is led by Chefs Pedro Silva and Angel Rios. Peeples features an underground sheik lounge on the basement level, the five star restaurant on the ground level, and event and private dining space on the second story. Mr. Peeples is located in the heart of Midtown, in Houston, TX.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mr. Peeples Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (120)good for groups (86)hot spot (77)fit for foodies (74)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (35)late-night find (33)great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (25)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Perfectly DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014We visit a new restaurant every week with another couple. This was our return visit to Mr. Peeples and it was even better than the first time. The Lobster Tostadas appetizer was the perfect beginning to our meal and the kitchen took care of us by adding one extra tostada so that each of us got one. We also had the Kobe Beef meatballs as an appetizer and they were gone in 2 seconds especially with the Pretzel bread. We each ordered something different, the Snapper, Double Pork Chop (huge beautiful perfectly cooked pork chops), the Filet Mignon, and the Steak Skewers. AND the best was when the check came. The price was reasonable and the meal was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Scheduled reservations for a Saturday night to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. The restaurant is something mixed between wanting to be a club and a swanky restaurant. The place was surprisingly bare for a Saturday night at 8 pm. The hostesses and server all greeted us and made a point to wish my girlfriend happy birthday, which was nice. It took a bit of time for our server to come to the table and a little longer to get water. We ordered a couple cocktails while looking over the menu. Interesting but probably not what we would order again. The pretzel bread is delicious. It was served warm and fresh. As a preface, I will say the serving sizes are easily sharable. We each ordered soups to start and they were very large bowls. We found the lobster bisque and the white bean soup to be decent, but not overly impressive. My date ordered the sea bass, which again was a large portion and was very good. She subbed the mushroom risotto for the fried rice which I think was a wise upgrade. I was very disappointed in my meal. I ordered the beef tips, medium. The butternut squash puree was good, and the lump crab topping was a meal in itself. It was also partly why I didn't leave starving. Although the meat was very tender, it was also hardly seared. I hardly, if ever, send a meal back, but in this instance I couldn't help but not. Kyle was very gracious to replace it. Unfortunately, when a perfectly new meal was brought back out moments later, the meat was even rarer. Highly disappointed. Again, I ate the crab and veggies and moved on to dessert. We ordered the bread pudding, which was made with the pretzel bread. Definitely the high point of the meal. Final point. The website says for the dress code to be "Business attire, dressy casual, blazers(optional). No sneakers, caps, sportswear, shorts, or sandals". Although most people were dressed nicely, the dressy casual must be open to interpretation.Special Features:
- Good Experience, Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Reservation made. (Table for 3) Seated upon arrival by friendly professional Hostess. Asked if it was first visit. It was first visit for dinner. Had been before for Sunday brunch. Greeted within 2 min by male server. He informed us of specials. Assistant servers kept our waters filled and table clean. Appetizers were really good. (Bisque and Shrimp cocktail) Entrees were good as well... Our filets were cooked perfect but on wrong plates. Hers med rare, mine medium. No big deal, we just switched. Easy fix... Shrimp and Risotto was good as well. Birthday girl was pleased. Desserts also good. Server could have been a bit more attentive through out dining because we had to flag someone else for togo boxes and again to get him for check. He was good overall, just think he may have got triple seated. This establishment causes you to feel the service you'll receive will be above and beyond. Almost there, but no deal breakers. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!Mistress10Dined on 11/13/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday! We both loved it. We walked in & were amazed my the decor of the place, it definitely has a vegas vibe to it. Which is different for a fine dining but it worked for the occasion we were there for. You'll know what I mean if you ever decide to go, which you totally should! Food was delicious & fairly portioned! Ordered the lobster/crab tostadas as an appetizer & the chilean sea bass as an entree, both were unforgettably good. Our server was funny & did magic for us which was entertaining! We went to the bar after dinner & it was pretty busy, very vibrant, & played awesome club music. The outside area was beautiful & had a counter that had a caged fire pit that lined the center which gave off plenty of heat on the chilly night we went even though we were only out there for a few minutes. The whole dining setting was very different from the usual fine dining places we've been so it was fun & exciting for us & we will totally be back hopefully with friends & more people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food, Poor ServiceyoloinsfVIPDined on 11/12/2014Went for a business lunch and was disappointed with the service. Our server forgot to bring our drinks and the place was empty for lunch. I think this place may be going down if we were the only table in the dining area during prime lunch time. I will not come back.Special Features:
- Clueless waiterBmcpVIPDined on 11/11/2014My daughter ordered the special and when it came was absolutely not as described by the waiter. When we complained he tried arguing his way out of it but the manager came and quickly realised an issue. They did redo the order twice to get it right but I feel the staff need to know what they are selling. While all was going on my delicious dinner was going cold. The food here us good but service only so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check what's onBadgerDined on 11/11/2014I've been to Mr Peeples before on a couple of occasions. The setting is good, the decor is interesting and the food and wine are excellent. On my last visit (Tuesday evening), there was also a live singer. We were sat in the far corner, away from the music, but it was still pretty loud. There was clearly a group of diners who'd come to hear the music, and were sat around the singer, but for those of us who'd come to have a dinner and have a conversation, it was really a bit loud. I have no problem with the restaurant putting on music events (when I've been before, there's been a DJ playing music), but I think when I go again - and I will go again - I'd check what's on the schedule and avoid the live music events. But the food was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014This is probably a great restaurant however the server that waited on me was horrible. I felt as though I was being rushed to order when there was no one in the restaurant. He was playing on his cell phone. It was just a bad experience.Special Features:
- Graham Paul Collierchico59Dined on 10/28/2014Went in early on a quiet Tuesday night. Food was excellent, good selection , kept everyone happy. Good wine selection, some reasonably priced wines for those who want to down a few without needing to break the bank. Portion size generous but not over the top, Excellent location, will for sure go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Lack of FlexibilityDoctorDined on 10/25/2014An expensive look at downtown Houston. Valet parking is $8. Entrees are small and over priced. The service is good but management lacks flexibility. We ordered wine by the glass and were told that they had "run out" of the house Malbec and that we would have to buy a bottle. When asked about a substitute house, they refused. This spoiled much of the evening . I will not return. There are other less expensive places down the street that are more flexible.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I took my love out for birthday dinner and was uber excited about the service, food, ambiance and overall experience. This was definitely worth the time and money......will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will never be backlubbgrubDined on 10/18/2014Too loud- music is annoying. Food is ok but not great.
- Excellent Food, Hit or Miss ServiceBlueNellyDined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I decided to try out Mr. Peeples after she saw it one week at work. The Outside and inside décor are very nice and ultimately lead you to feel like you're dining in a fine restaurant akin to Brenner's on the Bayou or Hugo's. Very elegant and hip. The food was exceptional and cooked perfectly. I had the beef medallions and the lady had the salmon steak. The chefs definitely know what they're doing on both sides of the fence. The cocktails were very well mixed and had just enough kick without the alcohol bite. Very well done. Our service started off exceptionally bad, but after conveying our situation to the management they quickly replaced the wine salesmen with a very professional waiter who did an exceptional job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit and everything was outstanding. Beautiful place and the food was divine, will highly recommend this place and will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Great lunch menu, great food, great service in a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatymonDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and the waitstaff was very attentive. The waiter offered us several daily specials and did a good job of recommending items from the menu. The menu is varied and offers up entrees, entree salads and sandwiches. All the food was good, not stupendous. The ambience was nice; good music and decorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Mr. PeeplesDrBobDined on 10/3/2014Excellent service and food. Had the large filet, medium rare and bacon wrapped fingerling potatoes. Steak was "melt-in-your-mouth" tender. Also, great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Excellent!tiffmooseVIPDined on 9/29/2014Excellent food & service plus the place is beautifully decorated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing nightamazingDined on 9/27/2014The food was Amazing!!!!! we had such a great time loved everything about this restaurant. Highly recommended for couples night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicedmacDined on 9/27/2014The food is good and the service is great! The portions served are generous and should be for the price.The ambiance is nice and you have to go and check it out. I am sure you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypeTCH08Dined on 9/26/2014Went on a Friday evening with my husband. We knew about the dress code prior to visiting so we were prepared. When we pulled up to the valet (only option) we saw a couple that did not (in our opinion) meet the minimum standard. They were turned away at the door and yelled at the "bouncer" while we were permitted entry. We were promptly seated and the venue was not crowded to our surprise. Our waiter was either new or nervous. He told me a wine that was listed wasn't available w/o checking and was. We ordered salad, soup, entrées and wine. The wine and table pretzel bread was the best. Entrée were very bland, especially the mac and cheese and pork chop. Bill was over $100 for the two of us and just okay. Will not return.Special Features:
- Great food.DemoyaDined on 9/22/2014The food was exceptional at this place, a little pricey i think, but good nonetheless. My server had a great attitude and was just pleasant the entire time. I will definitely go back. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceILoveFoodAllDayVIPDined on 9/19/2014Recommended by a co-worker and did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. They were able to make adjustments to the mac & cheese to cater to my son's request, a true testament to their customer service. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Different experienceSRH0825Dined on 9/19/2014This was my 2nd time dining at Mr. Peeple's. This time was not nearly as enjoyable as the first. I dined with two friends. Several of the dishes, lobster and crab bisque, mushroom risotto, mac and cheese, were very dense and heavy laden. There should be a creaminess to each of those dishes and it was not present. One of my friends ordered the Snapper and it was cooked much too long. She ate around it. Both friends ordered the carrot cake and it came out warm which was off-putting. We loved the ambiance and were surprised more people weren't there but then after we ate we understood why. We have not given up and will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's Bday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food was really delicious & pipping hot! I ordered the snapper on a bed of sautéed vegetables. Even though, I'm not heavy on Brussels sprouts, they were very tasty. My husband ended up getting one of the specials with Koby steak; it was good but not $70 worth. I would suggest asking for special prices. But food excellent other than that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!!Kimbo23Dined on 9/11/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and the service was amazing. I'm a fitness competitor so I'm limited to what I can eat, basically I just wanted to get grilled chicken breast and veggies. I called ahead and asked if they could modify their pistachio chicken dish to just make it without pistachio's and I was told it should not be a problem. Once we arrived and were seated my waitress already knew my special request from the menu and was very nice about it. My boyfriend also enjoyed his meal which was the lobster risotto and they provided complimentary dessert for his birthday. We both enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service!!Special Features:
- Nelson's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Live band was dull. They sounded like a River Dance band.Special Features:
- Night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Our night out with friends at Mr. Peeples was just ok. Server not very knowledgable, they didn't have two of our wine selections and the ambiance was just ok. We were a group of five and all food choices were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSRH0825Dined on 8/31/2014When we first walked in to the restaurant, the vibrant colors and decorations took us by surprise, but not in a bad way. As we walked to our table we noticed most of the other tables were occupied by groups for 5 of more. While we were expecting the dinner menu, because of the hour, 3:45, and day, Sunday, we were brought the brunch menu. The biscuits and blueberry muffins were absolutely delicious and the strawberry fluff was a great addition. The brunch was the standard fair and was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great times to be had....lesaDined on 8/31/2014Made reservations when table was available??? However baffled to see sooooo many empty tables..Came for dinner not realizing we could only have brunch?? Waiter was superb. Took care of our every need. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My dad and I went to dinner for Houston Restaurant Week. The selections on the menu were great and we sampled awesome dishes. The space is great for a date night with your special someone or somewhere for you and your family or friends to celebrate a special event. We enjoyed the food and our waiter Cameron was very attentive. I am not a wine connoisseur, but he gave me a great recommendation and I enjoyed my selection. I have told everyone with an ear about my experience and encouraged them to try it as well. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jekyll and Hyde ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I booked a table for 6 for Houston Restaurant Week for my meetup group. We ended up with a larger number or RSVP's than expected so we ended up with 8 people sitting at one table, and the other 7 in my party decided to eat at the bar. The restaurant staff was very accommodating, the food was great, and all was well. The party of 7 at one table got their checks split, paid and left happy. The table of 8 however was shocked that the manager refused to split checks, was rude, yelling, and threatened to call the police. Why one table was allowed to split checks and the other wasn't I have no idea, and why the manager who was so helpful before was so incredibly rude all of a sudden, I don't know, but we won't be returning, and that's a shame.Special Features:
- First timerDreyRaDined on 8/29/2014It was our first time eating here. I just want to say that the food was amazing. The staff is very friendly and great. We will be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DeseraDined on 8/29/2014I came here for my birthday dinner I loved from the time we pulled up! It's so beautiful! From the fire on the patio to the velvet room at the entrance to the lighting! Service was excellent on the drinks were refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown FindRikkiBDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious. We participated in the Houston Restaurant Weeks lunch menu. The poblano pepper soup was ok, the pork chop was tender and juicy. The dessert was nothing to write about.Special Features:
- A+QnessDined on 8/28/2014With an impeccable combination of décor, service, and appetite fulfillment I will definitely be back. I have been wanting to come here, sad to say it took so long to come. Well worth the wait. Oh id also like to bring attention to the bar staff. Cocktail creativity, friendliness, and good looks(: all play factors in me checking out the bar again.. soon.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 8/28/2014Great food! Waiters were excellent! Came during restaurant week in August. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Ambiance was beautiful, the food was amazing! Will definitely return. I've already recommended it to several people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food and service at this restaurant was average. However, the wait for our table was a lot longer than we would've hoped, especially for a reservation. The wait was so long we started to lose our appetite from being so hungry that by our food arrived we couldn't enjoy it as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitVIPDined on 8/27/2014The four of us in our party enjoyed the Houston Restaurant 4 course menu very much. The crab cakes, lobster/crab bisque, salmon, and deserts were exceptional and the portions were just right. Very good service added to our enjoyment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.